April 28, 2024, 05:14:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cole Puffinburger, 6yrs old, Las Vegas KIDNAPPED 10/15/08 (FOUND ALIVE in VEGAS)  (Read 21706 times)
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »

Police seek 'person of interest' in kidnapping
1 hour ago

LAS VEGAS (AP) — An investigator says authorities are looking for a "person of interest" in the nationwide search for a 6-year-old boy kidnapped from a Las Vegas home by men posing as police officers.

Las Vegas police Capt. Vincent Cannito wouldn't say Friday who police are looking for, or whether investigators think he's in southern Nevada or somewhere else.

Meanwhile, a nationwide Amber Alert remains in effect for the boy, Cole Puffinburger.

Cannito says Puffinburger's family were involved in the illegal drug trade.

He says the two Hispanic men who tied up the boy's mother and her boyfriend at their house Wednesday morning and abducted the boy were after "significant money and drugs."

Police aren't saying whether a ransom demand has been made.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gTV3mn_HiSgnqf1izYeAEJ8XdrRAD93SBOT00

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »

Just on Fox News a few minutes ago with Adam Housley - This is as bad as it gets.. That quote comes from either the FBI or local Vegas authorities.

Grandfather (Clem) stole 6-20 million from the cartel and they in turn have kidnapped Cole. Possible the cartel members went to see if they could find the money and took Cole when money could not be located.

Grandfather was laundering money for the cartel - he is missing, and assumed running or hiding. Authorities want to find grandfather to see if he has money and bargain to get Cole back.

FBI, DEA and LOCAL all involved.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »

Just on Fox News a few minutes ago with Adam Housley - This is as bad as it gets.. That quote comes from either the FBI or local Vegas authorities.

Grandfather (Clem) stole 6-20 million from the cartel and they in turn have kidnapped Cole. Possible the cartel members went to see if they could find the money and took Cole when money could not be located.

Grandfather was laundering money for the cartel - he is missing, and assumed running or hiding. Authorities want to find grandfather to see if he has money and bargain to get Cole back.

FBI, DEA and LOCAL all involved.
OMG

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 03:00:10 PM »

Relative of Boy Kidnapped by Police Impostors Reportedly Ran Drug Cartel

Friday, October 17, 2008

LAS VEGAS —  A relative of a boy allegedly kidnapped by men posing as police officers may have owned a Mexican drug cartel, FOX News has learned.

Police said the family of 6-year-old Cole Puffinburger was involved in the illegal drug trade.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal characterized the link as a multimillion-dollar Mexican drug cartel owned by a relative. Some reports said the boy's grandfather ran the illicit drug ring.

Detectives are hunting for a "person of interest" in the nationwide search for Cole, who was abducted from a Las Vegas home by a band of men posing as police officers.

Las Vegas police Capt. Vincent Cannito wouldn't say Friday who police are looking for, or whether investigators think he's in southern Nevada or somewhere else.

A country-wide Amber Alert remains in effect for the boy.

Cannito said the two Hispanic men who tied up the child's mother and her boyfriend at their house Wednesday morning and abducted the boy were after "significant money and drugs." A third man may also have been involved. He said Cole's family was tied to the illegal drug trade.

Two men identified themselves as police officers to gain entry to the home several miles northeast of downtown Las Vegas, Cannito said. They demanded money, then ransacked the home and tied up the couple.

"This child witnessed that," he said Thursday. "This child was ripped from the home."

The boy is described as 3 feet 11 and 48 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and silver-framed glasses. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, tennis shoes, a black shirt, and a black zip-up sweat shirt with white, black and blue stars.

One suspect is described as having black, shoulder-length, slicked-back hair. The man, in his early 30s, is about 5 feet 7 and 150 pounds and was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans.

Authorities do not have a description of the other men or the getaway car, which delayed the initial posting Wednesday of the statewide alert.

Las Vegas Police are asking anyone with information to call their missing persons unit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,439922,00.html

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 03:14:49 PM »

Las Vegas police announce search for grandfather of kidnapped 6-year-old boy
Oct. 17, 2008
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

CLEMENS F TINNEMEYER

Clemens F. Tinnemeyer was last seen driving this 2004 Dodge extended-cab pickup with Mississippi license plates KA6251.

Las Vegas police announced this morning they are searching for a grandfather of 6-year-old kidnap victim Cole Puffinburger.

Police Capt. Vincent Cannito described Clemens F. Tinnemeyer as a significant person of interest.

He said Tinnemeyer was involved in significant drug dealing and had not been seen in Las Vegas since May 21.

He was last seen driving a white 2004 Dodge extended-cab pickup with Mississippi license plates KA6251.

Cannito said Tinnemeyer's last contact with his family was in August, and he was officially reported missing in September.

+++

bananajam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 05:06:05 PM »

i hope this is not a "let this be a lesson, courtesy of the MM" type thing...if it is, the outcome will surely not be good..
bananajam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »

Las Vegas police announce search for grandfather of kidnapped 6-year-old boy
Oct. 17, 2008
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

CLEMENS F TINNEMEYER

Clemens F. Tinnemeyer was last seen driving this 2004 Dodge extended-cab pickup with Mississippi license plates KA6251.

Las Vegas police announced this morning they are searching for a grandfather of 6-year-old kidnap victim Cole Puffinburger.

Police Capt. Vincent Cannito described Clemens F. Tinnemeyer as a significant person of interest.

He said Tinnemeyer was involved in significant drug dealing and had not been seen in Las Vegas since May 21.

He was last seen driving a white 2004 Dodge extended-cab pickup with Mississippi license plates KA6251.

Cannito said Tinnemeyer's last contact with his family was in August, and he was officially reported missing in September.

wow.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »

A Message...

Grandfather of Boy Kidnapped by Police Impostors Allegedly Involved in Mexican Drug Cartel
Friday, October 17, 2008

Las Vegas Police Department

Cole Puffinburger
LAS VEGAS —  Authorities are searching for the grandfather of a boy allegedly kidnapped by men posing as police officers and believe he is involved in a Mexican drug cartel.

Metro Police Capt. Vincent Cannito said Friday that Clemens Fred Tinnemeyer, 51, was a "person of interest" in the nationwide search for 6-year-old Cole Puffinburger.

Cannito said detectives think the grandfather conducted drug dealing with Mexican nationals and the boy's abduction from a Vegas house was a "message."

snipped

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,439922,00.html

Minaa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »

Sorry if i seemed pissy in my prior post, i was very upset at Vegas not you wonderful monkeys.

None of the self absorbed bitches , i work with had heard of Cole, let alone Caylee <I was born and grew up in Orlando>
so both of these cases haunt me.
I did notice today the the police really seem on it and i saw more signs.

Do u think if they find the grandpa, and he has the $ or some of it left, a trade can be worked out? I know nothing about cases like this?

I really hope they dont make an example out of Cole.

**When i do good, i feel good**
**When i do bad , i feel bad**
**That is my Religion**
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »

updated 26 minutes ago 

Boy's grandfather sought in drug-related abduction, police say

Clemens F. Tinnemeyer, 51, is being sought for questioning in the case of 6-year-old Cole Puffinburger.

Police Capt. Vincent Cannito said Tinnemeyer has been involved in "significant drug dealing" worth millions of dollars.

Tinnemeyer owns a sightseeing motor home service and works as a driver, police said in a written statement.

He was last seen in Las Vegas on May 21, 2008. At the time, he was driving a white Dodge extended-cab pickup with Mississippi license plates KA6251.

He last contacted his family in August and was reported missing in September.

Authorities said Thursday that the case is related to "illegal narcotics activity" and that the family was targeted; Cannito said Friday that Cole was kidnapped by drug dealers attempting to recover lost money and property.

"These are extremely dangerous people," Cannito said. "This is as bad as it gets."

At least two of the three suspects posed as police officers to enter Cole's home about 7:25 a.m. Wednesday, police said. They tied up the boy's mother and her fiancé and ransacked the house before kidnapping the boy when no money was found, they said.

In a story published Friday, The Las Vegas Review-Journal quoted unnamed sources as saying a member of the boy's family owes a Mexican drug cartel between $8 million and $20 million, describing the relative as an alleged money launderer for the cartel and saying the person was in hiding.

A search for the boy spans much of the American Southwest, and a nationwide Amber Alert was in effect.

Cole is described as being 3 feet 11 inches tall and weighing 48 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a sweatshirt, dark jeans and silver-rimmed prescription glasses, authorities said.

The kidnappers were described as three Hispanic men who spoke with heavy accents.

National and local authorities have said that such drug-related abductions are occurring more frequently in communities near the Mexican border.

Anyone with more information is asked to call Las Vegas Metropolitan Police at 702-828-5678.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/17/nevada.boy.kidnapped/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »

Monkeys

First - Lets Pray For Cole's Safe Return - And for Pray for Him Period

This Case makes No Sense to me. Tragic Yes - Sense NO.
Cole was said to be Taken out of his Home at approx 7:30 am - Kidnapped.

Cole was said to be fully dressed and had on Shoes when taken

He IS in First Grade and School does not start in Elem in Clark County until 9:30 am.

They stated the door of the home was unlocked when the Men posing as Police officers raided the home.

In all the Chaos did they make MOM dress him  or ??? Before they tied her up ??
Something and Everything is So Wrong with all of this.
I have read all about the Drug Cartel and the Grandfather and the Money, Meth etc..
They said from America's Most Wanted this afternoon that Grandfather was the main caretaker of Cole during the Day and walked him to and from Kindergarten. Stated via neighbors " Cole was Everything to Grandfather".
That Grandfather had bought or rented a Motor home and stated to neighbors he was using it to drive " tours" to and from Mexico for a fee...
He left in May 08 and has not been seen again.

Who's to say that Grandfather didnt Pay someone or a group to go GET COLE ... and take him to his Grandfather ....

So Much does not Add up .......  Very STRANGE

Who is Cole worse off with ..?? This Family is not right. Nothing makes Sense.
Saying Prayers for Him
D

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 08:52:57 PM »

Interesting thoughts Deenie..
jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 06:18:53 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,440385,00.html

Grandfather of Vegas Boy Kidnapped by Police Impostors Arrested
Saturday, October 18, 2008

LAS VEGAS —  A senior law enforcement agency involved in the manhunt for the grandfather of a kidnapped Vegas boy has confirmed to FOX News that Clemens Fred Tinnemeyer has been arrested.

Investigators captured Tinnemeyer near the Riverside, Calif., area after receiving tips of his whereabouts.

Officials were looking for a motor home and his truck, but there is no word on whether or not those were found with Tinnemeyer.

Tinnemeyer will be facing a judge soon.

Metro Police Capt. Vincent Cannito had said Friday that Tinnemeyer, 51, was a "person of interest" in the nationwide search for 6-year-old Cole Puffinburger.

Cannito said detectives think the grandfather conducted drug dealing with Mexican nationals and the boy's abduction from a Vegas house was a "message."

The Las Vegas Review-Journal characterized the illicit operation as a multimillion-dollar Mexican drug ring.

Tinnemeyer, of Las Vegas, was last seen in May and reported missing Sept. 11.

Cannito said the two Hispanic men who tied up the child's mother and her boyfriend at their house Wednesday morning and abducted the boy were after "significant money and drugs." A third man may also have been involved.

Two men identified themselves as police officers to gain entry to the home several miles northeast of downtown Las Vegas, Cannito said. They demanded money, then ransacked the home and tied up the couple.

"This child witnessed that," he said Thursday. "This child was ripped from the home."

The boy is described as 3 feet 11 and 48 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and silver-framed glasses. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, tennis shoes, a black shirt, and a black zip-up sweat shirt with white, black and blue stars.

One suspect is described as having black, shoulder-length, slicked-back hair. The man, in his early 30s, is about 5 feet 7 and 150 pounds and was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans.

Las Vegas Police are asking anyone with information to call their missing persons unit.

FOX News' Adam Housley and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 06:27:59 AM »

Thanks Jaggard...Posting this as it gives some ideas about what the grandfather was into and what is going on here.

Glad he has been arrested.

Cole Puffinburger's grandfather allegedly stole millions from Mexican meth dealers

Police are still looking for the 6-year-old boy, who was abducted Wednesday from his Las Vegas home, and for Clemens Fred Tinnemeyer, his grandfather.

By Ashley Powers, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

October 18, 2008
LAS VEGAS -- Police officials said Friday that a group of men may have kidnapped a 6-year-old boy here this week because his grandfather allegedly stole millions of dollars from Mexican methamphetamine dealers, a violent retaliatory tactic rarely seen north of the border.

Cole Puffinburger -- 48 pounds, nearly 4 feet tall, blond, blue-eyed and wearing silver-rimmed glasses -- was abducted Wednesday by two or three Latino men with "heavy accents" who posed as police officers, tied up the boy's mother and her boyfriend and ransacked their home looking for money.

"They got the attention of an entire nation. We will not stop looking for this child," Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Capt. Vincent Cannito told reporters Friday. The agency is working with the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Though trafficking-related kidnappings are relatively common in Mexico -- where drug-related violence is blamed for about 3,500 deaths this year -- they rarely occur in the United States, law enforcement officials said.

Las Vegas serves as a way station for drugs headed to the Midwest and California, officials said, and has its own sizable demand for methamphetamine. But traffickers usually seize cars and other assets to recoup money.

On Friday, police named Cole's grandfather, Clemens Fred Tinnemeyer, as a "person of interest" in the investigation. Tinnemeyer, 51, purportedly owed the drug dealers $8 million to $20 million, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Investigators also were looking into whether other family members may have been involved in drug operations.

In a 2001 bankruptcy filing, Tinnemeyer and his wife listed $226,500 in assets and about $329,000 in liabilities. They had three mortgages on their Las Vegas home and tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt.

Tinnemeyer had worked as a carpenter for more than two decades, according to the bankruptcy filing. He and his wife, then a food preparer and custodian at the local school district, made about $3,800 a month.

The bankruptcy filing said that in 2000 an ex-partner had stolen $80,000 in studio equipment from them.

Public records link Tinnemeyer in recent years to businesses named Bomber Records Inc., C&C Weston Inc. and Salita Records Inc.

Tinnemeyer left Las Vegas in May in a beige-and-gold motor home, according to a missing-person flier. When he last contacted a family member, the flier said, he was in Tennessee.

Tinnemeyer's vehicle now is a white 2004 Dodge extended-cab pickup with Mississippi plates, police said Friday.

Cole was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, jeans, black Vans shoes and a black, zip-up, hooded sweat shirt with black, blue and white stars.

ashley.powers@latimes.com

Times staff writer Scott Glover and researcher Robin Mayper in Los Angeles contributed to this report.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-kidnap18-2008oct18,0,3617272.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2008, 09:07:18 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITTE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:34:25 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »

EXCLUSIVE: Grandfather of abducted Vegas boy in custody in California, Mexican drug cartel ties probed as search for 6-year-old continues

bananajam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 11:45:20 AM »

Monkeys

First - Lets Pray For Cole's Safe Return - And for Pray for Him Period

This Case makes No Sense to me. Tragic Yes - Sense NO.
Cole was said to be Taken out of his Home at approx 7:30 am - Kidnapped.

Cole was said to be fully dressed and had on Shoes when taken

He IS in First Grade and School does not start in Elem in Clark County until 9:30 am.

They stated the door of the home was unlocked when the Men posing as Police officers raided the home.

In all the Chaos did they make MOM dress him  or ??? Before they tied her up ??
Something and Everything is So Wrong with all of this.
I have read all about the Drug Cartel and the Grandfather and the Money, Meth etc..
They said from America's Most Wanted this afternoon that Grandfather was the main caretaker of Cole during the Day and walked him to and from Kindergarten. Stated via neighbors " Cole was Everything to Grandfather".
That Grandfather had bought or rented a Motor home and stated to neighbors he was using it to drive " tours" to and from Mexico for a fee...
He left in May 08 and has not been seen again.

Who's to say that Grandfather didnt Pay someone or a group to go GET COLE ... and take him to his Grandfather ....

So Much does not Add up .......  Very STRANGE

Who is Cole worse off with ..?? This Family is not right. Nothing makes Sense.
Saying Prayers for Him
D

lets hope so....this has been my best guess from the word go, probably because it would mean the child is safe, and i dont want to think about a worst case scenario just yet.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »

Grandfather of Vegas Boy Kidnapped by Police Impostors ArrestedSaturday , October 18, 2008

An alleged Mexican drug lord and grandfather of a kidnapped 6-year-old boy was arrested late Friday in California, a senior law enforcement official confirmed to FOX News.

Investigators said Clemons Fred Tinnemeyer, 51, a "person of interest" in the abduction of 6-year-old Cole Puffinburger, was captured by federal agents near Riverside based on tips about his whereabouts.

The little boy is still missing, but the Las Vegas Police Department has deactivated a nation-wide Amer Alert for Puffinburger.  WHY?

Metro Police Capt. Vincent Cannito said detectives believe the grandfather conducted drug dealing with Mexican nationals. Tinnemeyer may have stolen millions of dollars from the Mexican nationals, said Officer Cris Johnson, a Las Vegas police spokesman.

Cannito said the boy's abduction on Wednesday from a Vegas house by men posing as officers was in retaliation against the grandfather and the kidnappers were sending him a "message."

Click here for Adam Housley's "On the Scene" blog.

Click here for photos.

Tinnemeyer, of Las Vegas, is not believed to have helped orchestrate Cole's abduction, and it was not yet known what charges he might face, police sources told FOXNews.com.

Cannito said a third man was believed to be involved and that police had "several" other persons of interest in the case, but no suspects in the kidnapping.

Tinnemeyer is being held at the Central Detention Center in the city of San Bernardino, Calif., and is listed on the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Web site as ineligible for bail.

Officials were looking for a motor home and his truck, but there is no word on whether or not those were found with Tinnemeyer.

Cole was snatched from a Las Vegas home by the two fake policemen, who tied up the child's mother and her boyfriend at their house Wednesday morning.

Tinnemeyer was last seen in May and reported missing Sept. 11.

The FBI and Las Vegas police officials had no further information Saturday morning. U.S. Marshals denied reports that they were involved in the arrest.

Cannito said the two Hispanic men who carried out the kidnapping were after "significant money and drugs."

Johnson declined to say what role Tinnemeyer played in the drug operation or whether the kidnappers were seeking a ransom.

Police believe methamphetamine was involved, Johnson said. The Las Vegas Review-Journal characterized the illicit operation as a multimillion-dollar Mexican drug ring.

Authorities also were investigating whether other family members had ties to the drug operation, Johnson said.

"Money is a huge factor, obviously. Drugs are a huge factor," Johnson said. "The only innocent person involved in this entire operation is the boy."

The FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration are investigating.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 02:41:52 PM »

Brief update at NV amber alert site about alert deactivation and Cole's grandfather's arrest:

http://www.amberalert.nv.gov/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:43:40 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) -- Police on Saturday deactivated Saturday an Amber Alert for Cole Puffinburger, 6, who was abducted Wednesday from his Las Vegas, Nevada, home, according to Nevada's Amber Alert Web site.

A nationwide Amber Alert for Cole Puffinburger, 6, of Las Vegas, Nevada, was lifted Saturday.
1 of 2

No details were immediately available. Las Vegas police will hold a 5 p.m. ET press conference, the site said.

Cole's father, Robert Puffinburger, told CNN he had not heard anything from police and was surprised to hear the Amber Alert had been deactivated.

Late Friday, Cole's grandfather was arrested in Cole's kidnapping, which police say was drug-related. He was arrested in Riverside, California, and brought into custody.

Clemons F. Tinnemeyer, 51, was booked into the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Central Detention facility, the county sheriff said. The detention facility's Web site said Tinnemeyer is not eligible for bail.

It was unclear what charges Tinnemeyer was booked on or might face. A San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman referred questions to federal officials. An FBI spokeswoman did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said Friday that Tinnemeyer was sought for questioning in the kidnapping of Cole Puffinburger, who police say was snatched from his home Wednesday by three armed men who tied up the boy's mother and her fiance and ransacked the home, taking the child when no money was found.

Police Capt. Vincent Cannito told reporters that Tinnemeyer had been involved in "significant drug dealing" worth millions of dollars, and that Cole was kidnapped by drug dealers attempting to recover lost money and property.  Watch why police want to talk to Tinnemeyer »

Authorities believe Tinnemeyer may have stolen millions from a Mexican drug cartel, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Friday and Saturday, citing police and sources. Police refused to say what role Tinnemeyer may have played in the drug operation or whether the kidnappers were seeking a ransom.

Police believe methamphetamine was involved, Officer Cris Johnson told the newspaper.
Don't Miss
KCAL:  Grandfather a 'person of interest'

Tinnemeyer last contacted his family in August, authorities said Friday, and had been reported missing last month.

Meanwhile, the boy's father issued an emotional plea for his release.

"I can't comprehend why somebody would do something like this to somebody and take a kid like that, take my son and do something like that," said Robert Puffinburger. "Just bring him home. If you've got him, bring him home. Drop him off somewhere, I don't care. Just -- just let him go."

Police said at least two of the three men posed as police officers to enter Cole's home about 7:25 a.m. Wednesday.

The search for the boy spans much of the American Southwest, and a nationwide Amber Alert is in effect.

Cole is described as 3 feet 11 inches tall and weighing 48 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a sweatshirt, dark jeans and silver-rimmed prescription glasses, authorities said.

The suspects were described as three Hispanic adult men who spoke with heavy accents.
National and local authorities have said such drug-related abductions are happening more frequently in communities near the Mexican.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/18/nevada.boy.kidnapped/index.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.