April 27, 2024, 01:35:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cole Puffinburger, 6yrs old, Las Vegas KIDNAPPED 10/15/08 (FOUND ALIVE in VEGAS)  (Read 21704 times)
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't harm the Mom and her fiance. An extra message.  You would think if the Mom knew what the the Grandfather had done, then she would have left as well...

I just don't think it looks good for Cole.  It just makes me sick to think of how scared he must have been while this was all going on at his house and now if they still have him!

Someone posted on Caylee's thread that it was odd that Cole was fully dressed in school clothes at 7:30am....his class supposedly started at 9:30am....so I'm sure there are some who suspect the mother/fiance could be involved in the kidnapping...who know's at this point?.  Hopefully, we'l know when this is solved. 

I read that...Maybe he went to a babysitter or before school program. Sure Law Enforcement have already asked about it.

It is strange they weren't hurt with all who is supposed to be involved.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 09:29:57 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't harm the Mom and her fiance. An extra message.  You would think if the Mom knew what the the Grandfather had done, then she would have left as well...

I just don't think it looks good for Cole.  It just makes me sick to think of how scared he must have been while this was all going on at his house and now if they still have him!

Someone posted on Caylee's thread that it was odd that Cole was fully dressed in school clothes at 7:30am....his class supposedly started at 9:30am....so I'm sure there are some who suspect the mother/fiance could be involved in the kidnapping...who know's at this point?.  Hopefully, we'l know when this is solved. 

Now that is interesting.  I realize at this time it may only be a rumor, but it wouldn't surprise me if the mother/fiance were involved in the kidnapping.  Some of us are wondering why Cole's mother and her fiance were only tied up and apparently weren't injured.  I am surprised they were not killed.  I am really afraid for Cole.  He looks like a cute kid.  My eldest son wore glasses like that when he was little, and I was thinking about my sons when they were Cole's age.  Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles.  Not being taken hostage by thugs.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 09:37:33 PM »

Here is a short video/news clip:

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/Puffinburger-family-hopes-for-Coles-return/1224379552.html#
NATION:  Puffinburger family hopes for Cole's return

Click on "play video".

What are your feelings about the lady on the left in glasses (sorry, I don't know her relation to Cole) and Cole's mother after watching and hearing this news clip?  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 02:39:34 AM »

Here is a short video/news clip:

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/Puffinburger-family-hopes-for-Coles-return/1224379552.html#
NATION:  Puffinburger family hopes for Cole's return

Click on "play video".

What are your feelings about the lady on the left in glasses (sorry, I don't know her relation to Cole) and Cole's mother after watching and hearing this news clip?  

I don't know who the lady in the glasses is...maybe a step-mom or Aunt? But the shorter lady is Cole's GRANDMOTHER, the son she's talking about receiving help from the community is Cole's Dad. She calls Cole her grandson. To me, they seem to be in shock, especially the grandmother.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Minaa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008, 02:40:21 AM »

I saw on the news here, his mom and moms family are part of the drug ring.
His father who Cole did not live with, was not part of the drug ring.
He finally agreed to be on the news , im not sure why he wouldnt before??Anyone know?

I have read all articles and all posts on this, but i still do not understand the cancel of the amber alert.
Does anyone understand why and can tell me?

**When i do good, i feel good**
**When i do bad , i feel bad**
**That is my Religion**
Minaa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2008, 02:42:01 AM »

Opps forgot to tell you the lady in the glasses is his aunt and she seemed very upset in a interview i saw.
Im not sure if shes his aunt on his mom or dads side though.

**That is my Religion**
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2008, 02:49:31 AM »

Why must children pay for the sins of adults.

Like this selfish fool did not think that he would be putting his family in danger by stealing from drug dealers. Because drug dealers are so compassionate and understanding.

I'm just SICK OF IT. All of these precious children we've seen who have been harmed or killed because of their stupid family members.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2008, 02:54:43 AM »

He is safe!!!! Missing boy found alive!!!!

http://**/news/breaking_news/31245889.html

Sorry.... wrong link.... I am sooo excited.... try this one...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/oct/18/grandfather-kidnapped-boy-arrested/?latest

Cubbee~ I removed your previous post with wrong link, so others wouldn't open it.  Thank you for providing the great news and a link. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:23:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2008, 02:58:14 AM »

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9201504&nav=menu102_2

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Minaa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2008, 03:09:42 AM »

Omg wow miracles do happen.

I hope hes ok and he gets all the love and help he needs to deal with this.

I really hope his family will never take his safety for granted again !!!

**That is my Religion**
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2008, 04:03:18 AM »

This is the best news possible!  I'm so relieved! He's that one in a million child who comes home alive. Thank God for that!

I wonder what the whole story will be when all is said and done? My hat's off to all the hard-working police involved in this case. They seem to have done a great job for this little boy.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2008, 04:16:36 AM »

Wow!...Good Morning! Found walking the streets.

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) -- Cole Puffinburger, who was abducted Wednesday in Las Vegas, Nevada, has been found safe, a police spokesman told CNN early Sunday.

Police say they have found Cole Puffinburger, who was abducted from his home on Wednesday.

According to the Associated Press, Puffinburger was recovered at around 11:30 p.m. Saturday after a citizen informed detectives about a child walking the streets. Las Vegas police Officer Jay Rivera told the AP the child appeared healthy.
snipped

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/19/nevada.boy/

SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2008, 07:15:43 AM »

::cartwheel::I just read the wonderful news of Cole being unharmed.  It has taken me a few minutes to share my happiness with all of you as the tears of gratitude were flowing.  One child now has a future and a chance at life.  Hallelujah!!  God bless this little man!    It is good to know that our prayers are sometimes answered.  Mood today is happy and mellow! 
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2008, 08:08:44 AM »

I am soooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2008, 08:30:27 AM »

Oh no!
I just had a feeling his family was involved in drugs. It's the only reason that makes sense for that kind of break-in, and for the search for cash. That innocent child is paying for his family's stupidity.
This is horrible. It will be a miracle if he's found alive.

http://news.aol.com/article/search-for-missing-boy-goes-national/215402

Hi pdh3...I couldn't believe that last night when I heard it on NG, but thought the story strange when I first read about it.

I agree, the kidnappers will not want to hang onto him now his picture is out, It will be a miracle.
Yes, miracles do happen!   
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »

Abducted boy found in Las Vegas     

October 19, 2008 - 8:01AM
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Police say a 6-year-old boy abducted from his home at gunpoint has been found alive in a neighborhood northeast of the Las Vegas Strip.

Las Vegas police Officer Jay Rivera says Cole Puffinburger was found late Saturday.

Rivera says Cole was found after a citizen informed detectives about a child walking the streets in a neighborhood northeast of the Las Vegas Strip.

Rivera says the child appears healthy.

Cole was abducted Wednesday morning by two men posing as police officers.

Authorities arrested Cole's grandfather Clemens Tinnemeyer late Friday in connection with the boy's disappearance.

Police believe the abductors were Mexican drug dealers and that the kidnapping was a "message" to Tinnemeyer.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/vegas_4710194___article.html/abducted_boy.html
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:54:51 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »

Kidnapped boy found safe in Las Vegas
Story Highlights
Cole Puffinburger, 6, was found safe late Saturday in Las Vegas, police say
Puffinburger was abducted from his home Wednesday by three armed men
Police arrested boy's grandfather, Clemons F. Tinnemeyer, on Friday
Police believe kidnapping may have been retaliation by drug dealer

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) -- A 6-year-old boy abducted Wednesday in Las Vegas, Nevada, has been found safe, the Las Vegas police department announced early Sunday.

Cole Puffinburger was found walking alone in east Las Vegas, police say.

"Cole (Puffinburger) has been found, he is safe and in our custody," Capt. Vince Cannito told reporters in an early morning news conference.

Cannito said that while detectives were canvassing Las Vegas neighborhoods Saturday night with flyers about the boy's abduction, they got a report that a young boy who matched Cole's description was seen walking alone on a sidewalk on the city's east side.

"Detectives rushed there, found the boy and confirmed it was Cole," Cannito said.

"It's just a blessing that this child has been found and he's in extremely good condition," the captain added.

Cole's father, Robert Puffinburger, said the emotion he felt after being informed that his son was safe was "indescribable."

"I'm just glad he's safe," Puffinburger said at the news conference, his voice breaking. "I can't wait to see him!"
Don't Miss
Police lift Amber Alert for abducted Las Vegas boy
KVVU: Missing boy found alive

Cole was snatched Wednesday in what police are calling a drug-related kidnapping. Three armed men tied up his mother and her fiance and ransacked the home, taking the boy when no money was found, police said.

A nationwide Amber Alert was canceled because police believed it had "run its course," Cannito said Saturday.

Police say Cole's grandfather, Clemons F. Tinnemeyer, 51, had been involved in "significant drug dealing" and may have taken millions of dollars from drug dealers. Authorities say the kidnapping may have been in retaliation for the theft.

Tinnemeyer was arrested Friday in Riverside, California, where he was being held as a material witness. He has been interviewed, along with an unidentified second person, in connection with the case.

Cannito asked for the public's help in finding Jesus Gastelum, a third person of interest.

In his Sunday news conference, Cannito said the part of the investigation involving Cole's abduction is now concluded.
"The remainder of the investigation now shifts, the focus now goes on to the drug dealing and potential extortion," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/19/nevada.boy/?iref=hpmostpop

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2008, 11:26:31 AM »

Thank God Cole is alive.  It seems that LE mentioned the north east area and he was found there.  Since he was walking the streets, they probably let him go because they knew LE was closing in.  I hope they catch them all and put them away.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »

Cole has been found alive and well   

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »

Abducted 6-year-old boy in father's care, talking to police about ordeal

3:00 PM EDT, October 19, 2008

LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Six-year-old kidnapping victim Cole Puffinburger was safe in his father's custody Sunday, as police tried to untangle the child's family's ties to the Mexican drug dealers suspected in his abduction.

"We're speaking with the boy today. I know he's being interviewed by law enforcement, and we'll probably get a better idea of where he's been," FBI spokesman David Staretz said Sunday.

Staretz would not comment further on what had happened to Cole in the four days since he was snatched from his mother's home by two men posing as police officers. Police have said they believe the Wednesday kidnapping was an attempt by drug dealers to send a message to the boy's grandfather.

Cole was found alone on a quiet street outside a Methodist church in Las Vegas late Saturday night. He was in "extremely good condition," but was taken to University Medical Center as a precaution, Las Vegas police Capt. Vincent Cannito said.

Cole was treated and released to his father's care about 5 a.m. Sunday, hospital spokesman Rick Plummer said.

Robert Puffinburger, the boy's father, was a picture of relief at an early Sunday news conference with reporters. He smiled, cried and thanked police and neighbors for helping to bring Cole home.

Puffinburger and police had concentrated search efforts on a largely Hispanic neighborhood a few miles from where Cole was found. They distributed fliers in English and Spanish with a photograph of the boy, a slight, smiling blond in glasses.

"I'm just so glad he's safe," his father told reporters.

Puffinburger would not comment on Cole's mother or her father, 51-year-old Clemens Tinnemeyer, who police say may have stolen millions from dealers involved in trafficking methamphetmine.

Tinnemeyer was scheduled to appear before a federal magistrate Monday in Riverside, Calif. He was arrested there Friday and was being held in nearby San Bernardino on a material witness warrant issued by a federal court in Nevada.

Las Vegas police didn't know Saturday whether Tinnemeyer had a lawyer.

Police have declined to elaborate on what role Tinnemeyer played in the drug operation or whether the kidnappers had been seeking a ransom.

Staretz said authorities continued the search Sunday for another "person of interest," a Mexican citizen identified as Jesus Gastelum.

Gastelum, who is in his mid-30s, is believed to be in Las Vegas or Southern California, police said. Another "person of interest" in police custody Saturday was not identified.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-nevada-boy-abducted,0,4812131.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.