April 19, 2024, 06:00:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriotic or Idiotic?  (Read 1177 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 16, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

I keep reading that paying taxes is patriotic.  I wonder...patriotic or idiotic?

Is it patriotic or idiotic to pay taxes and -

- never question where the money goes?

- expect politicians to spend the money foolishly?

- expect politicians will address problems when they become evident?  (read Fannie/Freddie increasing failure rates)

- expect politicians to address problems when they go critical?  (read Wall Street)

- expect politicians to engage in sound financial practices?

- expect that politicians will ignore vote / registration fraud?

- allow questionable voter/registration fraud concerns to go unaddressed?  Allow anyone to vote (early and often) without showing a valid picture ID?  Allow people to vote without showing reasonable credentials?

What responsibility does a citizen/aid recipient have for their future success?

I recall reading over many years a number of amazing stories.   

- Students in other countries help clean and maintain their classrooms.  Simple, basic, tasks - students responsible for the mess they make during the day...or keeping the school room clean.

- Aid recipients work for the money they receive.  A hand up, a way to give back, a way to contribute, and not just a lifelong hand-out.

- Signs on the doors of hospitals that inform the sick and injured that they may receive treatment, even if they do not have money to pay.  In some places, there is no free healthcare, no clinic with volunteers, people just die in the street.

- Organizations that teach basic domestic skills - something often lacking in the educations young people receive today.

- Countries where the extras (music, athletics, clubs, art) are paid for by parents.  Basic education is free, other things cost money.

Where is the division between patriotic and idiotic? 

Who decides?   The ones digging in the taxpayer pocket, or the taxpayer?

Who will fight to stop the enslavement of Americans today?  Who will cut the bonds and free future generations of Americans from debt slavery?

The country is broke and deep in debt.

Is it patriotic or idiotic to continue spending money?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.