March 29, 2024, 08:15:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelly Currin Morris, 28 msg 9/3/08 Stem, NC (BODY FOUND/Husband Charged)  (Read 41110 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »

Requesting:

Volunteer searchers (walkers) for Sunday December 14, 2008 Information on the location of abandoned hand dug wells within a 40 mile radius of Stem, NC
Hunters to be on the look-out for anything unusual that they may come across
Location of Search:

Kelly Currin Morris Comand Center– 8:00 a.m.
Hwy 50 / 2816 Old Weaver Trail
Creedmoor, NC 
Command Center Phone: (919) 812-2310
E-mail: helpfindkelly@gmail.com
MySpace: Myspace.com/kellycurrinmorris
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Kelly Currin Morris or information on the arson, please contact the Granville County Sheriff’s Department at (919) 693-3213 or the Granville County Crime Stoppers at (919) 693-3100.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 06:38:12 AM »

Morris family missing Kelly at Christmas

Posted: Dec. 24, 2008

Stem, N.C. — Pat Currin spent Christmas Eve much like he has spent every day since Sept. 3. He pored over a map, looking for hope that his missing daughter would soon be found.

Kelly Morris was reported missing after her home burned. Investigators found her Accord, keys, purse, and cell phone the same day in an undeveloped subdivision about a mile from her home.

Since then, there have been few clues in the disappearance of the Granville County mother.

Her father admits he no longer believes she is alive, but "we think somebody knows something," he said.

Pat Currin doesn't know what to tell his granddaughters, Kelly's children.

"I am to the point that I think Kelly is not coming back. I don't think Kelly is alive, but she's got two kids that's got to be raised."

"We are eventually going to have to face that and figure out and come to some kind of plan to talk to them about your momma is not here and there is a possibility she may not come back."

Currin has never celebrated Christmas without both of his children.

"Everybody always has to be there. You don't do it because another child is somewhere else, you wait until everybody can come," he explained.

This year he won't celebrate on Christmas Day. "There is no Christmas," he said Wednesday.

Instead, Currin and his wife will likely be searching. It is the same way they spent Thanksgiving.

"You don't have any choice but to look. We don't know where she is at and by looking at least we know where she is not," he said.

The Granville County Sheriff's Office is still investigating Kelly's disappearance. Kelly Morris' husband, Scott, has been the focus of several search warrants, but he hasn't been charged in the case.

The Currin family is offering a $30,000 reward for information about Kelly's disappearance.

Family members say they will not stop searching and urge anyone with any information to contact Granville County sheriff's investigators at 919-693-3213 or a volunteer search line at 919-812-2310.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »

Somber Event Marks Birthday Of Missing Woman
Jan. 6, 2009

GRANVILLE COUNTY, N.C. - Family and friends marked the birthday of Kelly Currin Morris, a missing Stem woman who disappeared more than four months ago, on Sunday.

A candlelight vigil was held in Butner with around 100 people gathering to mark the missing woman's 29th birthday.

People sang songs, prayed and released balloons into the air for Morris, who was last seen Sep. 3.

The next day, a fire burned the home she shared with her husband and their two children.

The incident was later ruled arson, and police named her husband, Scott, as a person of interest in the arson investigation and her disappearance.

Searchers have combed the surrounding area for the last few months looking for signs of Currin Morris.

"She would have never left her two little girls and gone anywhere. So we're not looking to find her alive," said her father, Pat Currin.

Currin said Sunday's vigil also helped raise awareness of the case and while the family fears the worst, they are still hoping she might be alive.

"Sometimes you have doubts, but you still keep hoping and don't give up," said her uncle, Simmons Stephens.
http://news.mync.com/site/news/story/23418/somber-event-marks-birthday-of-missing-woman/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »

The News & ******* (Raleigh, North Carolina)

January 16, 2009 Friday

Weekend search planned for missing Granville mother

CREEDMOOR -- Searchers will gather again this weekend to continue to look for Kelly Currin Morris, 28, a missing mother from Granville County.

Morris vanished sometime after her stepmother saw her the night of Sept. 3 and before firefighters rushed to her Granville County house the next day to subdue a fire. Morris had not shown up at work that day. Firefighters found no trace of her in the charred house.

The next day, deputies found Morris' car, with purse and keys inside, abandoned in an unfinished subdivision near her house in Stem. Authorities later determined that someone had torched the house she shared with her husband, Scott Morris, and her two girls.

There have been no arrests, but Granville County sheriff's investigators consider her husband a person of interest, according to Al Mignacci, search coordinator.

"He has not been out on any searches with us," said Mignacci, who lives in Raleigh and has spent months volunteering his time to search for Morris, whom he did not know.

Mignacci admits he holds a slim hope she is still alive, "but to tell you honestly, I'm looking for a body."

Searchers will meet at 8 a.m. Saturday and at 1 p.m. Sunday, beginning at the Kelly Currin Morris Command Center on N.C. 50/2816 Old Weaver Trail in Creedmoor.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:912015355&start=2

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 07:35:13 AM »

Family seeks help in finding missing 28-year-old woman
Comments 2 | Recommend 0
February 17, 2009 - 5:28 PM
Keren Rivas / Times-News
 Want to help?

What: Search for Kelly Currin Morris, who disappeared Sept. 3

When: Saturday at 8 a.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.

Where: Kelly Currin Morris Command Center, 2816 Old Weaver Trail, Creedmoor (near the intersection with N.C. 50). Lunch will be provided on Saturday.

Please e-mail the command center at helpfindkelly@gmail.com if you are planning to come on Saturday so that they can know how much food to have on hand. Wear layered clothing, walking shoes and bring a hiking stick or other object to move leaves and debris. For more information, contact the center at 919-812-2310.
On the Web: Read about Morris and the efforts to find her at http://kellycurrinmorris.com/Kelly_is_Missing.html.

------------------

Ever since Kelly Currin Morris disappeared 5 1/2 months ago, her family has done everything to try to find her.

"We have looked for her every day," said Morris' aunt, Janet Foushee, of Elon. "Somebody has looked for her every day. We have searched and we continue to search."

Morris was last seen by her husband and two daughters, ages 5 and 8, the night of Sept. 3 at the family house in Granville County.

The following morning, someone set the house on fire. The children were at school and her husband was reportedly at his business.

At first, the family believed Morris, 28, was in Raleigh, where she worked at Nationwide Insurance. They soon discovered that she had not shown up for work that day. Her locked car was later found less than a mile from the house. Her purse, keys and cell phone were inside.

According to media reports, her husband told investigators that the night before she had gone outside to look for the family dogs when he went to bed. No one has seen her since then. No one has been arrested in connection with her disappearance or the arson. She would have turned 29 on Jan. 4.

Brindall Wilkins, deputy chief with the Granville County Sheriff's Department, said the case is unusual, adding that his department is actively investigating the case.

This weekend, deputies will join family and friends in a search for Morris. Wilkins said their search efforts typically are confined to the 10-mile radius around Morris' home.

After being missing for more than five months, Morris' family does not expect to find her alive, Foushee said. But that doesn't stop them from continuing to search.

"We want to put her to rest," Foushee said. "We want the girls to know ... We want them to know that their mother would never leave them."

She described her niece as a quiet but funny person who loved her children and cared for those around her.

"Kelly was a great mother," she said. "She was a beautiful 28-year-old woman who cared for people."

Though Morris lived in Stem, a small rural town in southern Granville County, she has ties to Alamance County. Besides Foushee, whose sister married Morris' father when Morris was just a child, the missing woman has several cousins and other extended family in this area, Foushee said.

She said they hope to get 75 to 100 volunteers for the search efforts this weekend. She said they are trying to intensify their efforts before the spring because once vegetation comes back it will be harder to find anything.

She said the uncertainty of not knowing what happened to Morris is what hurts the family the most.

"It is very hard," Foushee said. "It would be extremely difficult to lose a child but it would be even worse not knowing what happened or where she is."

Besides being heavily involved in the search efforts, Morris' father is offering a $30,000 reward to whoever might have information on her whereabouts. The state has also offered a $5,000 reward.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Granville County Sheriff's Department at 919-693-3213, the Granville County Crime Stoppers at 919-693-3100 or the Kelly Currin Morris Command Center at 919-812-2310.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

New warrant released in missing mother's case
Kelly Morris, of Stem

Posted: Today at 4:03 p.m.
Oxford, N.C. — Investigators want access to another e-mail account they believe belongs to the husband of a missing Granville County woman.

In a search warrant returned Monday, SBI agents indicate they believe Scott Morris may be using an America Online e-mail address to communicate.

Investigators say Morris was the last person to see his wife, Kelly Morris, at their home on Sept. 3. The next day, the house caught fire. Hours after the fire, police found Kelly Morris' car, keys, purse and cell phone in an undeveloped subdivision.

Scott Morris has been the focus of several search warrants in the case, but he hasn't been charged with a crime.

Investigators have already looked at several other e-mail addresses, as well as bank records, belonging to Scott Morris. In the latest warrant, they say they believe information in the AOL e-mail address could generate leads or lead to additional evidence of arson or a homicide.

According to an affidavit outlining their reason to obtain e-mail messages, addresses and other data, agents say an individual, referred to as "a good citizen," went to investigators earlier this month after purchasing an item from a seller using the AOL e-mail address.

When the buyer picked up the items at a home in Stem, he was met by a man named Connie Wright, who said he was helping Morris sell items so Morris could pay for his attorney.

The warrant does not specify what was purchased but says it "was still in its original box and it appeared it had been originally shipped to Kelly Morris."

The buyer showed investigators the shipping label off the box, which did have Kelly Morris' name and address on it, the affidavit stated.

Since her disappearance, local authorities and volunteers have searched numerous times to find Kelly Morris. Her family is offering a $30,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Granville County sheriff's investigators at 919-693-3213 or a volunteer search line at 919-812-2310.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4595486/
warrant
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/02/23/4595496/20090223155647187.pdf

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »

SBI will search e-mails of missing mom

Posted: Today at 11:25 a.m.
Updated: Today at 12:37 p.m.

Oxford, N.C. — Investigators have a new lead in the disappearance of a Stem woman almost a year ago.

Kelly Morris was last seen on Sept. 3. The next day, police found her car, keys, purse and cell phone in an undeveloped subdivision shortly after firefighters responded to a fire at her home, 3220 Tump Wilkins Road. The Granville County sheriff has said her husband, Scott Morris, is a person of interest her disappearance.

In a search warrant issued Aug. 4, Superior Court Judge Robert H. Hobgood authorized the search of a Road Runner e-mail address known to have belonged to the missing woman. According to the warrant, a friend of Kelly Morris told investigators about the e-mail account and provided copies of e-mail received from the account.

Investigators have already looked at several other e-mail addresses, as well as bank records, belonging to Scott Morris.

Since her disappearance, local authorities and volunteers have searched numerous times to find her. Her family is offering a $30,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Granville County sheriff's investigators at 919-693-3213 or a volunteer search line at 919-812-2310.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5796318/

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »

ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. —  They spent their nights jumping in and out of strange cars, trolling otherwise empty streets lined with decaying storefronts and boarded-up homes. Many sold sex to support drug habits or children left in the care of worried, hardworking grandmothers.

Even when they were picked up for drugs or prostitution, nights in jail looming, they called home to let their families know they were OK. Then, one by one, the calls stopped.

Since 2005, nine women who lived at the edges of the poor community in this small North Carolina city have disappeared. Six bodies were found along rural roads just a few miles outside town, most so decomposed that investigators could not tell how they died. At least one of the women was strangled, and all the deaths have been classified as homicides. Three women are still missing.

Police will not say whether they suspect a serial killer, but people in the community about 60 miles northeast of Raleigh do, and they're impatient with law enforcement efforts to investigate the slayings.

After the latest body — that of 31-year-old Jarneice Hargrove — was found in June behind a burnt-out house that was once a crack den, local law enforcement and state police formed a task force. In July, the FBI got involved.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539355,00.html?test=latestnews
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 07:47:37 AM »

I am not sure that this has been shared -- here are photos of how badly the house was burned at the time of the fire -- http://www.kellycurrinmorris.com/Arson.html

Family recalls Kelly Morris on anniversary of disappearance

Posted: Sep. 3, 2009
Stem, N.C. — A year has passed and volunteers have spent hours search for 28-year-old Kelly Morris, who disappeared Sept. 3, 2008, hours before fire was set to her Granville County home.
The next day, police found her car, keys, purse and cell phone in an undeveloped subdivision shortly after firefighters responded to a fire at her home, 3220 Tump Wilkins Road. The fire was ruled arson, and the Granville County Sheriff's Office has named her husband, Scott Morris, as a person of interest in the case.
Her father and stepmother said they still want to find Kelly Morris, who left behind two daughters, now ages 5 and 8.
"We don't think we're looking for a runaway person at all. We know she would never leave her children, no matter what," her father Pat Currin said.
"If they ask – and they have – 'Why is Mommy missing?,' I say, 'I don't know why Mommy is missing,'" Juanita Currin, Kelly Morris's stepmother, said.

After Kelly Morris' disappearance, the community launched an around-the-clock search. Supporters held vigils, and volunteers posted flyers all over Granville County.
As months passed, though, hope faded.
"We're not expecting to find her alive. We're just looking for where she is, period," Pat Currin said.
"(Her daughters) not only lost their mother, but they've lost each other, and what they knew as a normal life isn't normal anymore," Juanita Currin said.
According to search warrants, Scott Morris told investigators that his wife left the house to look for a lost dog around 9:30 the night before she disappeared.
He said he went to bed while she was gone. Phone records, though, show that Scott Morris and his father exchanged calls as late as 11:56 p.m.
Warrants also contradict what Scott Morris said he was doing the next morning.
He claimed he was working at a BP gas station, but a surveillance camera captured him driving away from the station and toward his home two hours before the fire was called into 911.
Scott Morris did not respond to attempts to contact him.
His quiet has been a sore spot for friends and relatives who say he hasn't participated in the search effort. Kelly's relatives, though, said that's not surprising, given the state of the couple's marriage when Kelly  Morris disappeared.
She had moved in with them for a few weeks before she went missing, Pat Currin said.
"I think early on in their marriage that they were happy. I would say, over the last couple years is when things probably started shifting," Juanita Currin said.
In the case's most recent developments, the State Bureau of Investigation started reviewing e-mails from Kelly Morris' account, and Pat Currin has filed for emergency custody of his youngest granddaughter.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5932128/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »

Press conference will be held tomorrow, November 18th regarding this case.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6442385/

Granville authorities plan news conference on Kelly Morris case
Kelly Morris

Posted: 26 minutes ago
Updated: 3 minutes ago

Stem, N.C. — The Granville County Sheriff’s Office is planning a news conference Wednesday regarding the disappearance of missing Stem mother Kelly Morris, officials told WRAL News Tuesday afternoon.

Morris, 28, disappeared Sept. 3, 2008, hours before a fire was set to her Granville County home.

The next day, police found her car, keys, purse and cell phone in an undeveloped subdivision at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road. The fire at her house was ruled arson, and the sheriff's office named her husband, Scott Morris, as a person of interest in the case.

According to search warrants, Scott Morris told investigators that his wife left the house to look for a lost dog around 9:30 p.m. the night before she disappeared.

He said he went to bed while she was gone. Phone records, though, show that Scott Morris and his father exchanged calls as late as 11:56 p.m.

Warrants also contradict what Scott Morris said he was doing the next morning.

He claimed he was working at a BP gas station, but a surveillance camera captured him driving away from the station and toward his home two hours before the fire was called into 911.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 10:41:11 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6442385/

Skeletal remains could belong to missing woman; husband in custody

Posted: Today at 6:48 p.m.
Updated: 3 minutes ago

Stem, N.C. — WRAL News has learned that investigators believe skeletal remains found Tuesday afternoon belong to missing Stem mother Kelly Morris. Her husband Scott Morris was taken into custody and was being booked late Tuesday at the Oxford magistrate's office.

The 28-year-old mother of two was last seen at her home on Sept. 3, 2008.

The following day, the house she shared with her family, including her husband, Scott Morris, caught fire, which officials ruled was arson. Hours afterward, authorities found Morris' car about a mile from her home with her keys, purse and cell phone inside.

Since her disappearance, authorities and volunteers have searched numerous times to find her. Her family is offering a $30,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

Investigators have called Scott Morris a person of interest in her disappearance, and he has been a focus of investigators in multiple search warrants related to the case.

Family members and friends told authorities the couple was having marital problems and had talked about divorce, investigators’ affidavits say. They also indicate inconsistencies between Scott Morris' account and those of others regarding his actions in the hours after he says he last saw his wife and the following day.

The Granville County Sheriff’s Office is planning a news conference Wednesday regarding the Morris case. Stay logged on to WRAL.com, and watch WRAL News for more on this developing story.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:59 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7124790

New information expected in Morris disappearance
Updated at 08:54 AM today

GRANVILLE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Investigators will make an announcement Wednesday about the Kelly Currin Morris, the mother of two who has been missing since September 2008.

Search teams and volunteers have been looking for the Granville County mother for over a year.

After spending the last two days searching a new area off of Sam Moss Hayes Road in Creedmoor, there may be a break in the case.

Investigators told ABC11 Eyewitness News Tuesday that there will be an announcement regarding the case at 4 p.m. Wednesday.

Morris' husband, Scott Morris, remains a person of interest in the case. Sources at the Granville County Jail told ABC11 Tuesday evening that he is in jail and cooperating. However, authorities have not said why they are holding Scott or what he is charged with. It also is not clear if he is charged with anything.

He will make his first court appearance Wednesday morning.

(snipped)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 09:49:56 AM »

4 PM ??? ACKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 09:50:46 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/18/missing-sc-woman-kelly-morris-remains-found-husband-in-custody/

Missing SC Woman Kelly Morris Remains Found- Husband In Custody
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 09:52:15 AM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=Creedmoor+NC&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Creedmoor,+NC&gl=us&ei=OwkES4KDBsmnlAfmucToAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 10:27:19 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/18/missing-sc-woman-kelly-morris-remains-found-husband-in-custody/

Missing SC Woman Kelly Morris Remains Found- Husband In Custody

Thanks Klaas -- I was just coming to post this -- So sad but am gald that the family has closer.  Kelly was the first person who I helped search for and this case is very near and dear to my heart.  May God bless Kelly's parents and children.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 03:37:27 PM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6445876/

Missing mom's husband charged with murder
Posted: Today at 10:34 a.m.
Updated: 10 minutes ago

The husband of a Granville County woman missing for more than a year has been charged with first-degree murder in the case.

Family members of Kelly Morris, 28, also said Wednesday that authorities notified them that skeletal remains found Tuesday afternoon in the southern part of the county are those of the mother of two.

Morris was last seen Sept. 3, 2008. The following day, the house she shared with her family at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road caught fire, which officials ruled was arson. Hours afterward, authorities found Morris' car about a mile from her home with her keys, purse and cell phone inside.

William Scott Morris, 35, of 113 W. Church St., Creedmoor, was taken into custody and charged Tuesday evening. In addition to murder, he also faces a charge of fraudulently burning a dwelling.

Law enforcement officials, however, have not commented on the investigation or a possible motive and have not identified the remains. The Granville County Sheriff's Office has scheduled a news conference for 4 p.m. WRAL plans to carry it live on WRAL.com.

Meanwhile, Kelly Morris' father and stepmother – Pat and Juanita Currin – have filed a petition for custody of the Morrises' 6-year-old daughter. A second daughter is Kelly Morris' from a previous relationship.

Chief District Court Judge Daniel Finch on Tuesday signed an emergency order that states that Kelly Morris was likely the victim of a homicide and that Scott Morris was likely involved in her death.

A custody hearing is scheduled for Friday.

The order states that Scott Morris had the “intent to deceive” investigators, made numerous inconsistent statements to authorities about his whereabouts the day his wife went missing and will likely be charged with kidnapping and/or murder.

The order further suggests that Scott Morris' father, Jimmy Morris, might have been involved in a cover-up.

According to search warrants in the case, family members and friends told authorities the couple was having marital problems and had talked about divorce. They also indicate inconsistencies between Scott Morris' account and those of others regarding his actions in the hours after he says he last saw his wife and the following day.

Family members, authorities and volunteers from as far away as Texas have searched relentlessly over the past year for Kelly Morris.

"We search somewhere every day – every road, every path, farms, fields – looking for her," her father, Pat Currin, said in an interview with WRAL News in March. (Watch the interview.)

Currin said then that he didn't think he would ever find his daughter alive but that he wouldn't stop looking until he could bring her home.

"Kelly's got two small girls, 5 and 8 years old. They need to know where their mama is – obviously as bad or worse than we do," he said. "My determination is driven because of her children."

Stay logged on to WRAL.com, and watch WRAL News for more on this developing story.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2009, 06:02:26 PM »

Husband charged with Kelly Morris murder --http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/198618.html
Buy Photo
CHRIS SEWARD - cseward@newsobserver.com
Old police tape and fire damage remains at the home of Scott and Kelly Morris on Tump Wilkins Rd. near Stem N.C. Scott Morris was arrested and being held in Oxford, NC on Nov. 17, 2009, charged with murdering his wife Kelly Morris.
EMail Print Order Reprint
Share: Yahoo! Buzz
Text
tool name
close x
tool goes here
From staff reports

OXFORD -- More than a year after a young mother from Granville County was reported missing, her husband has been charged with her murder.

William Scott Morris, 35, of Creedmoor was charged with first-degree murder late Tuesday, according to the arrest warrant. Authorities think he killed his wife, Kelly Currin Morris, then 28, in September 2008.

Granville County Sheriff Brindell Wilkins Jr. said this afternoon that his department received information Monday that led them to Kelly Morris’ skeletal remains off Sam Moss Hayes Road north of Creedmoor. She was identified through dental records, Wilkins said at an press conference. He did not provide other details about the case.

"We're doing the best we can,” Wilkins said. “I don't want to mess up anything we're doing by things getting out."

Morris’ skeletal remains were found just inside a fence at Tar River Fox Pen, a private hunting preserve outside Creedmoor, said Al Mignacci, who helped organize searches for Morris. Hundreds of volunteers searched for her in the days and weeks following her disappearance.

Kelly Morris vanished sometime after her stepmother saw her the night of Sept. 3 and before firefighters rushed to her house in Stem the next day to put out a fire. She had not shown up at work that day. Firefighters found no trace of her in the charred house.

The next day, deputies found Kelly Morris' car, with purse and keys inside, abandoned in an unfinished subdivision nearby. Authorities later determined that someone had torched the house she shared with her husband and her two daughters.

William Morris is being held without bail. He made a brief appearance in court this afternoon and is not scheduled back in court until Dec. 2.

The marriage of William and Kelly Morris produced one child, a daughter who is now six. On Tuesday morning, a District Court judge granted custody of the child to Kelly Morris’ parents, Pat and Juanita Currin.

The order said it was likely that William Morris was involved in his wife’s death and that his father, Jimmy Morris, “was also involved in the coverup of Kelly’s homicide.” The order also said that Morris had made false statements to investigators about his whereabouts and activities at the time of his wife’s disappearance.

The couple’s daughter had been living with William Morris and his father, according to the Judge Daniel Finch’s order.

Kelly Morris’ other daughter has been living with the child’s father.

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 06:40:25 AM »

Family Of Kelly Currin Morris Reacts To Arrest In Case
http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/news|Sports|Lifestyles/story/44705/family-of-kelly-currin-morris-reacts-to-arrest-in-case
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »

Family, friends plan memorial for Kelly Morris
Kelly Morris

Posted: Nov. 27, 2009
Updated: Today at 6:58 a.m.

Butner, N.C. — Family and friends will gather for a memorial service Saturday in Granville County for a Stem woman who had been the subject of a year-long search.

Kelly Morris, 28, was last seen at her home on Sept. 3, 2008. On Nov. 17, authorities charged her husband, William Scott Morris, 35, with her murder and with setting fire to their home.

Family members said authorities told them that skeletal remains found that day in the southern part of the county are those of the mother of two.

The memorial service is scheduled for 3 p.m. Saturday at Bible Baptist Church in Butner.

Family members and friends told authorities the couple was having marital problems and had talked about divorce, before Kelly Morris disappeared. Search warrants for Scott Morris’ e-mail and bank accounts indicate inconsistencies between his account and those of others regarding his actions in the hours after he says he last saw his wife.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6503915/
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.