March 28, 2024, 04:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelly Currin Morris, 28 msg 9/3/08 Stem, NC (BODY FOUND/Husband Charged)  (Read 41101 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »

Slain mom's parents awarded full child custody

Posted: Today at 1:01 p.m.

Oxford, N.C. — A District Court judge on Thursday granted full custody of a slain Granville County woman's 6-year-old daughter to her mother's parents.

Pat Currin and his wife, Juanita Currin, filed a request for custody in November, the same day authorities discovered his daughter, Kelly Morris', skeletal remains in a wooded area in Creedmoor.

The Stem mother of two had been missing for more than 14 months after she failed to show up for work on Sept. 4, 2008. The same day, the house she shared with her family caught fire and her car, purse and cell phone were found in a neighborhood about a mile from her home.

Her husband, Scott Morris, 35, faces charges of first-degree murder and fraudulently burning a dwelling.

Scott Morris was called to testify at Thursday's hearing, but he invoked his Fifth Amendment right not to do so. His attorney, Jerry Clayton, presented no evidence and no one testified on his client's behalf.

Pat and Juanita Currin both testified.

"I love her," Juanita Currin said of the 6-year-old. "We are committed to do whatever it takes to get her whatever she needs."

Each said they have allowed Scott Morris' parents to visit with the child on three occasions – a request he made before the judge at a temporary custody hearing in November.

Kelly Morris had two daughters. The other has been staying with her biological father since her mother's disappearance.

Scott Morris remains in custody of the Granville County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities have not offered a motive for Kelly Morris' slaying, but according to search warrant affidavits related to the case, investigators allege that the couple had marital problems and were considering divorce.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6760644/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 08:18:22 PM »

Posted: 2:22 p.m. today

Autopsy: Stem woman 'most likely' slain

Chapel Hill, N.C. — The state's top medical examiner said he couldn't determine how a Stem woman died two years ago but that she "most likely" was killed, according to an autopsy report released Wednesday.

Kelly Morris, 28, was last seen Sept. 3, 2008. The following day, the house she shared with her family, at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road in Stem, caught fire. Hours later, investigators found her car about a mile from her home with her keys, purse and cell phone inside.

Her skeletal remains were found Nov. 16 in the Tar River Fox Pen in southern Granville County.

North Carolina Chief Medical Examiner Dr. John Butts performed an autopsy on the remains the following day to make a positive identification and try to determine the cause of death.

"While the exact cause of death is not determined, the circumstances of her disappearance and the location of her ultimately discovered remains, in my opinion, indicate that her death was most likely the result of homicidal violence," Butts wrote in the autopsy report.

Morris' husband, William Scott Morris, 35, of 113 W. Church St. in Creedmoor, was arrested hours after her remains were found. He is charged with first-degree murder and fraudulently burning a dwelling, and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in the case.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7882969/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011, 02:07:40 PM »

Granville County man pleads guilty in wife's slaying
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9721409/

Kelly -- Rest In Peace  an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.