March 28, 2024, 03:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelly Currin Morris, 28 msg 9/3/08 Stem, NC (BODY FOUND/Husband Charged)  (Read 41103 times)
lainey
Scared Monkey

« on: October 16, 2008, 11:25:20 PM »

My old neighbors daughter has been missing and her husband is a "person of interest."  Texas Equisearch is now coming to search for her.  I also work with her step-Mother at the hospital.  Multiple volunteer searches have been done with no results. 

From True Crime:

Looking for the Dog: The Disappearance of Kelly Currin Morris
 Sep 13, 2008
The last time anyone saw 28-year-old Kelly Currin Morris was Wednesday, September 3. "A family member" gave NBC 17 in Chapel Hill, NC an interesting statement about Kelly's disappearance. According to said "family member," Kelly's husband Scott said that his wife went to look for the family dog and simply never came home again. On September 3, 2008.

On September 4, 2008, there was a fire at the Morris residence on 3220 Tump Wilkins Rd. in rural Granville County, NC.

The authorities were actually alerted to the young woman's disappearance because they'd been called to put out the fire. The search for Kelly began on the 4th.

They found her 3-year-old Honda Accord that day. It was a mile from the house. The car was locked. Kelly's purse, cell phone, and keys were inside.

More people joined the search for the mother of two. Five days after the fire, at least 50 volunteers were wending their way through the woods near the Morris homestead. Speaking to NBC 17, one volunteer said, "Everybody is praying non-stop saying all the prayers they can say..."

The same volunteer -- a long-time acquaintance of the missing woman's -- stated that leaving on a whim was just something the "family oriented" Kelly would never do.

On September 10, Granville County Sheriff David Smith made a public statement about the search. "We've gone back [and] double-searched [and] triple-searched," he said. While everyone still held onto "a dim light" of hope that Kelly might be okay, Smith admitted that the idea that something bad happened to Kelly "would be in the back of your mind."

Wanda Hollis, Kelly's mom, eventually made her own statements to the press. And Wanda's "gut feeling" was that her daughter was dead. According to Hollis, her daughter would have contacted her if she was still alive.

Hollis was asked about seeing her daughter's burned home. She said, "It was hard at first, but it’s been hard to cope with things for the last year, too."

Wanda Hollis didn't elaborate on that statement.

Eight days after the search for Kelly began, nine days after she allegedly began her search for the missing dog, investigators announced that the fire at the Morris residence was an act of arson.

So... on September 3, a young woman supposedly goes to look for her dog. On September 4, her house burns. Her car is found a mile away, most of her necessary personal effects inside.

Her mother refers to a difficult year of coping with something, but will not go into detail. Police, when asked if husband Scott Morris is a suspect in connection with his wife's disappearance, simply say that everyone is a suspect.

Searchers, number more than 100 by September 12, wonder why Scott Morris hasn't been a part of the effort. One of them speaks to reporters with WTVD in Raleigh Durham and says that Scott is "probably the only one that knows anything."

Based on statistics about these sorts of things, I'd imagine that is true. But Scott Morris hasn't been called a suspect, or anything. So for now, we'll just act as if he isn't.

It is worth it to note, however, that there's a weird pattern to the disappearances of many women. The ones who are married, sometimes in difficult marriages, often disappear while "jogging," or doing some other kind of outdoor activity.

Laci Peterson did. She supposedly went for a walk. Her purse, keys, and cell phone were left behind.

Lori Hacking vanished while jogging. She never came home, never went to work.

Kelly Currin Morris went to find a dog. She left her keys, cell, purse behind. Never came back, never returned to work. And then her house burned. Fire deliberately set.

We can't write the rest of Kelly's story yet, because we don't really know what's happened to her. But don't you get the feeling the script has been written, and that the next acts will be horribly predictable? I know I do. One person may think this story isn't predictable. But just as time passed and the fire was proven to be arson, a few more days will go by and we'll hear the police making less neutral-sounding statements. They know this script, too. They're just building a strong-enough case to bring it to its proper denouement.

[NBC17.com, NewsObserver.com, HendersonDispatch.com, WTVD, ABC in Raleigh-Durham, NC.]

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:48:22 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Lainey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 09:10:50 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6416463

Investigators chase lead in Kelly Morris case
Friday, September 26, 2008 | 10:08 PM

GRANVILLE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Eyewitness News has learned investigators called in a special K9 unit on Friday in their search for a missing Granville County mother.

Investigators said the three-week search for Kelly Currin Morris now extends beyond a 10-mile radius. On Friday, law enforcement focused on a wooded area with farms and ponds near Hawley School Road and Brassfield Road.
Investigators said they were following up on several leads in the case and dismissed community rumors they had located Kelly Currin Morris.

Meanwhile, volunteers are hanging purple ribbons throughout Granville County to remind the public a beloved mother is still missing.
It's been three weeks since family and friends have heard from Kelly Currin Morris. The mother of two went missing September 4, the same day her home mysteriously caught fire off Tump Wilkins Road in Stem. Her vehicle was discovered less than a mile from her home with her purse, keys and cell phone locked inside.
With the help of the SBI, the Granville County Sheriff's Department remains focused on the fire that destroyed Morris' home in Stem. Investigators said it was arson. They've named Kelly's husband as a 'person of interest' in the fire and his wife's disappearance. According to search warrants, William Scott Morris is the focus of a criminal investigation.
Two search warrants in the case remain sealed. But, a third warrant served this week said Scott Morris was the last to see his wife alive on Wednesday, September 3. The warrant suggests he has given investigators conflicting statements about his wife's whereabouts and what he was doing the after her disappearance.
In an interview, he said his wife went looking for their lost dog around 9:30 p.m. while he showered and then went to bed.
But, phone records show Scott called his father at 9:45 p.m., asking him watch the couple's children while he went to search for Kelly. Scott believed Kelly was cheating on him, according to an affidavit.
When his father arrived, Scott left in a green 1996 Toyota pickup truck. Investigators have since seized the vehicle and removed fibers as well as a twig from the truck as part of their investigation.
Scott's statements about his whereabouts in the hours before the couple's home caught fire conflict with other witness interviews and surveillance video at a local restaurant.
According to the warrant, Kelly's oldest daughter recalls he was awaken by an early morning phone call from another tow truck driver that wanted to meet at Scott's storage lot on the morning of September 4. But, the driver told investigators it was Scott who phoned him to postpone the previously planned meeting by two hours.
During that time, Scott said he stopped by the BP Station on Main Street in Creedmoor where he worked before taking his daughters to school. He met the driver at the storage lot around 8 a.m. Video surveillance at the storage lot confirmed their meeting.
Scott also told investigators he went directly to a Hardee's restaurant in Butner and then returned to his job in Creedmoor, taking Highway 56 to Main Street. But, surveillance images show he arrived at the restaurant nearly an hour after leaving the storage lot. When he left the Hardee's parking lot at 9:15 a.m., he turned in the opposite direction that he told investigators he had traveled, according to the warrant.
Two hours later, the home he shared with his wife, daughter and stepdaughter was engulfed in flames. The children have told investigators their dogs were locked inside their crates before they left for school. But, investigators said when firefighters arrived at the scene, the dogs were outside.
Multiple interviews with Kelly's friends and family suggest the couple had a difficult marriage that often turned violent. According to the warrant, Scott had "punched holes in the wall during arguments and once threw a computer out of a window."
Wanda Hollis, Kelly's mother, told Eyewitness News that her daughter had planned to divorce her husband and had sought the help of an attorney. She was starting a new job in Raleigh on the same day she disappeared. Her hope was to save enough money to leave the marriage peacefully, said Hollis.
"She was very miserable in her marriage and so was he," said Hollis, refuting claims Kelly had an affair. "It's been a real tough year. She would call me crying. I would calm her down and she would say,'Mama, I just feel like I'm losing it.'"
Despite the rain, Morris' relatives said they will continue their search efforts over the weekend. Volunteers are selling t-shirts that read: Team Kelly Currin Morris, Keep Hope Alive. The shirts are an effort to raise awareness and money for the search.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Granville County Sheriff's Department.
Comments at the site.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »

pdf warrants issued
http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/20080925183226.pdf
rotate couter clockwise to read, if necessary

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:12:39 AM »

http://www.dukeraleighhospital.org/about_us/press_releases/kelly_morris

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 01:36:04 PM »

High-Tech Equipment Utilized in Kelly Morris Search

October 18, 2008

TES conducted an intensive search today for Kelly Morris, a 28-year-old mother of two, who went missing from her Stem, N.C., home on Sept. 3, 2008.

After dispatching searchers out to specific areas of interest, Tim Miller, myself and a handful of others went out to search ponds in and around the area of Kelly's burned out house. We used a small boat, equipped with side-sonar technology, to scan the bottom of the ponds for potential evidence in the case. (Two weeks ago, EquuSearch used the same technology to find a woman in Oklahoma, who had been missing for five years.)

We started off with a pond behind Kelly's house and branched out from there, until we had canvassed a total of seven ponds. The images taken from the sonar's memory card are currently being examined to see if anything of interest can be identified.

During the pond searches, we found a pair of rubber kitchen gloves discarded in a grassy area. We marked the find and brought in two cadaver sniffing dogs to examine them. The handler placed buckets, with air holes, over top of the gloves so that the dogs would not disturb any potential evidence. He then guided each dog around the buckets. Both dogs hit on the gloves, so the handler notified the sheriff's department. A deputy later came out and bagged the gloves for further examination.

We were initially intrigued by the find; however when the dog handler later questioned the property owner, we learned that he had recently lost the gloves in the woods when he was disposing of spoiled deer meat. The find turned out to be a dead end; however it did serve to show the effectiveness of the cadaver dogs, who had obviously alerted to the smell of blood from the meat.

Following that find, we went back to the command center for a short break (between searching, take photos and blogging, I have been averaging 2 to 4 hours a sleep a night since I arrived in N.C.), during which time I was contacted by Dr. Maurice Godwin, President of Godwin Forensic Consultancy. Godwin said that he had grown up in the area and that during the 1980s he had worked as a police officer in Granville County. Godwin had read about the case here and was interested in using his Predator computerized system to identify specific areas of interest in the search. I put Godwin in touch with Tim Miller and within two hours Godwin's computer was able to identify a specific area of interest. Due to the sensitive nature of this information I cannot yet share that report; however I can say that Godwin is currently in route to the area and is expected to arrive sometime tomorrow.

While I was with Tim, searching ponds and other areas of interest, Gene Robinson, an EquuSearch team member, used a special camera to search several old wells and mines in the area. Gene was also going to use a drone plane - an electrically powered plane that is equipped with a high-resolution camera, however the weather conditions were not ideal for flying and that search was postponed until tomorrow.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/10/texas-equusea-1.html
Photos and more info at site

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:20:43 PM »

THIS CASE is coming up on Nancy Grace after her Caylee coverage TONIGHT...Show is on now.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 07:35:15 AM »

October 26, 2008
The Ongoing Search for Missing North Carolina Mother, Kelly Currin Morris

<snipped>
Meanwhile, Texas EquuSearch remains on the scene in North Carolina looking for Kelly. Searches are being conducted on a daily basis, with help from local volunteers. According to Barbie Tarr, Executive Assistant to Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch, roughly 100 people joined the search effort over the weekend.
Searchers have been fanning out all over wooded areas in Stem and Creedmoor, looking for any sign of Kelly or evidence related to the case. Meanwhile, Tim Miller continues to search local lakes and ponds, using a boat equipped with side-scan sonar. Yesterday, Tim found a boat at the bottom of a local pond (click image to enlarge). While it has no direct bearing on the case, the image gives a glimpse of how detailed the sonar images are.
(more)
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/10/the-ongoing-sea.html

October 27, 2008
Texas EquuSearch Temporarily Suspends Its Involvement in Kelly Morris Search
For nearly two weeks, Texas EquuSearch has been in North Carolina searching for Kelly Currin Morris, a 28-year-old mother of two who went missing from her Stem, N.C., home on Sept. 3, 2008.

Today, EquuSearch announced that it is temporarily suspending its involvement in the search effort in order to regroup and prepare for the Caylee Anthony search, which is set to begin in Orlando, Fla., on Nov. 8. (Investigation Discovery will also be in Orlando to bring you all the latest updates on the search effort.)

Despite this recent development, a spokesperson for EquuSearch told ID that it is not uncommon for the organization to conduct simultaneous searches for more than one missing person. Tim Miller remains committed to the case and plans to return to the area in the near future. In the meantime, Tim has committed resources to the Currin family, which will help them continue their search until EquuSearch returns
The remaining EquuSearch team members are set to return to Texas sometime tomorrow.

Yesterday, Tim Miller spent the better part of the day continuing to conduct sonar searches in local lakes and ponds. While that search was underway, Kelly's father, Pat Currin, was flying in his ultra-light plane to conduct additional reconnaissance in his daughter's case. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that was shared with me; I am unable to give you details about his flight.
<snip>
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/10/texas-equusea-2.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NiMJuoA1iZw/SOyDpiV2gjI/AAAAAAAAAg0/qZWKvfX750Q/s1600-h/Kelly+missing+flyer.jpg
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 07:29:11 PM »

THANK YOU.....I am blind.... 
so...no tattoos/scars/jewelry....

also...if what she was wearing when last seen was reported by her POS husband, than you can throw that one out the window...he probably lied.

I wish I knew if she had a sweatshirt on ... grrrr. Thanks San. And thank you Blonde for the link before. Like I said...I am blind, sorry.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 06:47:10 AM »

I have removed my posts re: body found in Eno, NC. Identification has been confirmed as :
A hiker in the Eno River State Park discovered the body of Judge Thomas Johnson, 40, near the Guess Road Bridge along the Laurel Bluffs Trail Monday.
http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/3891258/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 07:19:58 PM »

Bumping this up, getting ready for Tim 
Best wishes to all the searchers.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 03:07:32 PM »

The News & ******* (Raleigh, North Carolina)

November 15, 2008 Saturday

Search for missing Stem woman to continue Sunday morning

OXFORD -- Volunteers will continue the search for missing Kelly Currin Morris on Sunday morning.

Search teams will meet at 8 a.m. Sunday at the Berea Fire Department on U.S. 158 west of Oxford. Members of Texas EquuSearch, a high-profile search organization, will be there to help.
More volunteers are needed, the group said.

Searchers are asking anyone with an abandoned well or quarry within a 40-mile radius of Stem to contact them at 812-2310, or helpfindkelly@gmail.com, said search coordinator Al Mignacci.

They also have asked hunters to report any articles of clothing they come across or other unusual finds to the Sheriff's Office.

The search for Morris began in early September. She was reported missing hours after her home in Stem burned to the ground. The fire was arson, investigators have said, and her car was found less than a mile from her home.

Authorities and volunteers have searched by air, horseback and with dogs, but so far have found no sign of the 28-year-old mother of two. 

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:884774546&start=2

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »

Nice article here on the search, etc.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/the-search-cont.html

It has been two months since the disappearance of Kelly Currin Morris, a 28-year-old mother of two, who went missing from her Stem, North Carolina, home on September 3, 2008. There have been no new leads in the case, and police have scaled down their investigation. Nonetheless, the search continues, and Investigation Discovery is back on the scene.

I am in Creedmoor, North Carolina, tonight, preparing for a weekend search effort with Kelly's family, friends, volunteers, and members of Texas EquuSearch. For all intents and purposes, I could be within 10 miles of Kelly as I sit here and type this. That is not a very pleasant thought, and knowing that eats at me like a cancer. I hate these cases. They are the worst of the worst. I hate not knowing, and I hate the fact that people suffer because of that.

I never knew Kelly in her life. I would not have known her if I passed her on the street, and yet I feel a strong connection to this young woman. There is a rule in this job, and I have mentioned it before: DO NOT GET EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED. Perhaps that works for some journalists, but I can't do that.

I never knew Kelly in her life. I would not have known her if I passed her on the street, and yet I feel a strong connection to this young woman. There is a rule in this job, and I have mentioned it before: DO NOT GET EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED. Perhaps that works for some journalists, but I can't do that.

The day a missing person case becomes a job to me is the day I hang up my hat. How can I not get emotionally involved in these cases? I have sat down with Kelly's family for dinner, I have heard the stories that they have shared about her, I have spoken with her best friends, and I have searched side by side with her father, Pat Currin. I have put my blood, sweat, and tears into the search for this young woman whom I have never met. Why? Because I have to. Sure, I could sit at home and report on this from a distance. I could place a few calls, click on a few news links and be done with it. I could do that, but that is not who I am. Anyone who knows me will tell you that. What I do is far more than a 9-to-5 job. It is my passion. I feel for the families of the missing, and I suffer watching their pain. As often as I can, I set out to join in these searches, to get down and dirty in the field and give them the coverage they deserve.

Sadly, Kelly's case never had much of a chance in the media. Had she gone missing four or five months ago - prior to the Caylee Anthony case - she might have stood a chance. But as it stands now, the nation continues to look on as this family struggles to get volunteers to help them find their missing loved one. This family needs answers. They need to bring Kelly home. Knowing her father like I do, I don't think he will ever get the closure that he seeks until he is able to do that.

Actually, scratch that. "Closure" is a very deceptive word. It leads us to believe that all could be well again. Who gets closure in a case like this? That is an overhyped media word designed to make us think that things could go back to normal again. The fact is, the only way things could be "normal" again would be if Kelly were to be found safe. Unfortunately, that is not a very likely scenario. Hence, the term "closure" is not very fitting. Perhaps I should have said that Kelly needs to be found so her family can live a more "bearable" life.

Read: "Daddy's Little Girl," Kelly Currin Morris, Needs You!
What upsets me most about the case is the fact that there are people out there who can bring this case to an end - but choose not to. Apparently, they have no problem sleeping at night while this family suffers. I hope that those individuals lead a miserable life. I hope that they think about it every second of every day. I hope the knowledge eats away at them. I honestly don't know how they can sit back and watch the Currin family go through this living hell. I wish they could spend five minutes in Pat Currin's shoes. I wish they could stare out the window like he does - wishing and hoping - but knowing that their loved one is not coming home and that there is a possibility they will never get the answers that they seek. Think about that. How would you like to live your life that way? How would you like to wake up every morning of every day, knowing that your child, sibling, or parent may never be found? How would you like to see one of your own family members go through that? These people need to think about that, and they need to do the right thing. They need to come forward and bring this family's suffering to an end.

In the meantime, the search for Kelly Currin Morris continues. New areas of interest have been identified and volunteers are asked to come to a temporary command center on Sunday, November 16, at the Berea Fire Department, located at 1213 Hwy 158 W, Oxford NC.

The family has also established a new email address at helpfindkelly@gmail.com. We are asking that anyone that owns property within a 40 mile radius of Stem, NC, where Kelly lived, that has an abandoned hand dug well on their property, please contact them at the above email address. You can also contact the Kelly Currin Morris Search Command Center at 919-812-2310.

The family of Kelly Currin Morris is offering a $30,000 reward for information on her whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call (919) 812-2310.

You can also visit a Website about Kelly's that has been set up at: www.kellycurrinmorris.com and also a MySpace page devoted to her case that is located at: Myspace.com/kellycurrinmorris

dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 01:38:41 AM »

November 21, 2008
New Development in Kelly Morris Case
There has been an interesting development in the case of Kelly Currin Morris, a 28-year-old mother of two, who went missing from her Stem, North Carolina, home on September 3, 2008.

On Tuesday, State Bureau of Investigation agent Brian Flemming obtained a warrant to search Kelly's husband, William "Scott" Morris, to obtain "blood, saliva, hair, including head hair and pubic hair."

The "probable cause" section of the warrant reads the same as the Sept. 24 warrant that was issued for the search of a truck belonging to Scott Morris's father, Jimmy Morris.

The warrant alleges that Scott Morris was not forthcoming with investigators; Morris had allegedly told them that he went to bed on Sept. 3, while his wife went out searching for the family dog. However, according to a statement given to police by Jimmy Morris, his son had called him that night and asked him to watch the kids so that he could go look for Kelly, because he thought she was cheating on him.

The warrant also provides information on cell phone pings, which police point to as evidence that Scott Morris was not at home sleeping while his wife was searching for the dog. Alleged video footage is also cited in the warrant as further evidence of an inconsistent alibi.

What I found most interesting about the warrant was the last paragraph of the "probable cause" section, which reads:

"This affiant is aware, based upon his training and experience, that persons who commit crimes sometimes leave physical evidence of the commission of those crimes. Certain samples are needed in order for evidence to be analyzed and compared."

Read the Warrant
Why was this warrant issued now? What exactly do investigators want to compare the samples to? Perhaps they have something that we are not yet aware of. Whatever the case may be they are not sharing any details. Let's just hope it helps bring about some answers to this tragic case.

Kelly's family was shocked by the release of the warrant and they remain clueless as to the reason behind it.

On the morning of Sept. 4, 2008, firefighters with the Stem and Providence fire departments were dispatched to a fire at the Morris's house, located at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road. The house and much of its contents were destroyed; however no one was home when the fire broke out. Kelly's husband, 34-year-old William "Scott" Morris, was allegedly at his towing business in Creedmoor and the couple's two young children, ages 8 and 5, were in school at the time of the incident. It was initially believed that Kelly was in Raleigh, where she worked for Nationwide Insurance; however, investigators soon learned that she never showed up for work that morning.

Kelly's car, a burgundy 2005 Honda Accord, North Carolina license plate TXP-5917, was later found abandoned in an undeveloped subdivision, less than a mile from her home. Inside the locked car, investigators found Kelly's keys, purse, and cell phone.

When questioned by police, Scott Morris allegedly told them that he had not seen his wife since the previous night.

"He was the last person to see her alive on Wednesday night (Sept. 3) at their home," Granville Sheriff David Smith told NewsObserver.com. "She was allegedly going to find a pet dog that had got outside, we think, between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m."

On Sept. 12, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the State Bureau of Investigation conducted forensic tests at the scene of the fire which, according to Smith, have revealed that the fire was the work of an arsonist.

Investigators will not comment on whether Scott Morris is cooperating; however, Kelly's friends have openly criticized him for not getting involved in the search effort.

The family of Kelly Currin Morris is offering a $30,000 reward for information on her whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call (919) 812-2310.

You can visit a Website about Kelly's that has been set up at: www.kellycurrinmorris.com. A MySpace page devoted to her case is located at: Myspace.com/kellycurrinmorris.

Discuss The Kelly Morris Case
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 07:36:31 AM »

Here is an article that mentions bones found -- I wonder if this relates to evidence collected and thus the search warrant that Dottie posted was obtained?

By NBC17, NBC17, 1 week, 3 days ago
CREEDMOOR, N.C.

A search team found what could be human bones, said the father of missing Kelly Currin Morris Wednesday.

According to Morris' father, Pat Currin, the bones were found on Highway 15 near Butner, when authorities and searchers learned of an odor coming from the area.

"We found some bones that would have been in the right size for human ribs, and what looked like a shoulder bone, so we backed away from it and called the Sheriff's Office to come in and investigate," Currin said.

The new developments come as Currin says he will not give up the search for his daughter.

Kelly Morris, 28, was last seen at her home on Sept. 3. The next day, firefighters were called out to the burning house Morris shares with her husband and two children. A few hours later her abandoned car was found.

"We don't feel like we're as much looking for a body now as much as we're looking for an item, a piece of clothing... or bones," Currin said.

Kelly's husband Scott Morris has been named a "person of interest" in the arson investigation surrounding Morris' disappearance.

"She came to live with us three weeks prior to her getting missing and the fire," Currin said.

Morris' father said his daughter returned to his home after she experienced marital problems just before she disappeared.

"She had come the end of June, and sometime during the first week of July. My wife and I went on vacation, and she moved back home," Currin said.

Currin asked hunters participating in the start of the hunting season to be on the look out for items that could lead to finding his missing daughter.

"Honestly, we're hoping for a break over the next two or three weeks with the hunters in the woods... you're going to have thousands of people in the woods," he said.

Currin also asked landowners with wells to report suspicious activities and findings.

"If you would call us and at least know us where they're at. We've got a team with underwater cameras, and we can actually go and check those," Currin said.

Since Saturday is expected to be a busy hunting day, Morris said the bulk of the weekend search efforts with be limited to Sunday to keep searchers safe.

Sunday's search efforts will be coordinated at the Berea Fire Department‎ near Oxford.

"We've searched a lot on the south end of the county, now we're moving to the north end of the county to try to do a better job up there," he said.

Search coordinator Al Mignacci said the volunteer search team has covered the 12 to 14 miles of ground, since Morris' disappearances. The search has centered around Morris' now-charred home.

The team is asking for volunteers from surrounding areas to help with the search. They are also asking people with information related to Morris' disappearance to call (919) 812-2310, or email HelpFindKelly@gmail.com.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:21 AM »

Let us all pray they can find Kelly -- this family is so devastated.  I met a friend of the father last weekend at a search for Kelly and he said the father is searching day in and day out and will not give up until she is found. 

By Anthony Wilson dated 11/22/2008
GRANVILLE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The search still continues for a missing Granville County mother.
The Sunday before Thanksgiving is devoted, like nearly every Sunday since September, to the search for Kelly Currin Morris.
Her children haven't seen her since the beginning of September --the same day their home was set on fire. Authorities are calling the fire that destroyed the home an arson.
Morris' car was later found abandoned about a mile away. Her cellular phone, keys and purse were also found.
"You ain't going to stop," searcher Bobby Ray said. "If it was your daughter you wouldn't stop, you know what I mean? But the crowd is dropping off. The searchers are dropping off. There ain't but a few of us."
Months ago, about 50 volunteers could not find the missing mother of two.
"The family needs closure, and the searchers you see out here right now are working to that end," search coordinator Al Mignacci said. "We're going to start trying to work on all the wells and we're going to go back to the water. We've got some new equipment to start looking at the water, the ponds and the lakes. And we're going to continue beating the woods."
Still, they say, they are not giving up. But they admit, after months of searching, they are coming to a grim conclusion.
"I think everybody's basically admitting to the fact that we won't find her alive, but we'd like to get some closure cause if you don't, you've always got those questions in your mind, 'did I stop too quick, or did we search all the places we could," Ray said.
Morris' family held a vigil for the missing mother a month ago in an effort to get the word out that Morris is still missing.
Her husband, Scott Morris, has been named a person of interest by police.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »

GRANVILLE COUNTY — Another chapter of the Kelly Morris case is in the public record.

Late Tuesday afternoon, a search warrant was returned to the Granville County Courthouse, which gave authorities permission to obtain physical samples from Kelly's husband, William Scott Morris of 3220 Tump Wilkins Road in Stem, NC.

The probable cause details, written by Special Agent Brian Fleming of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, describe Scott Morris's accounts of his activities around the time of Kelly Morris's disappearance.

"When interviewed, Scott [Morris] said he last saw Kelly [Morris] on the evening of September 3, 2008 at approximately 9:30 p.m. when Kelly went outside looking for a lost dog.  After that time, Scott took a shower and went to bed in a separate room from the room Kelly slept in," the warrant reads.

"Specifically, Scott said he slept through the night."

The warrant then alleges evidence that contradicts his story.

"The call records indicated Scott called the residence of his mother and father [Carolyn and Jimmy Morris]...at 9:45p.m. on the evening of September 3, 2008."

"Also according to the records, at 10:59 p.m. Scott received a call from [redacted name], which was the work cell number of his father, Jimmy Morris.  The call records indicated Scott made an outbound call to [redacted name] at 11:56 p.m."

"The cell site records indicated Scott's cell phone utilized a Creedmoor, NC, cell tower during a 10:59 p.m. incoming call from Jimmy; further indicating Scott was not at his residence at that time."

As for Scott Morris's accounts of his activities the next morning, September 4th, the warrant describes more inconsistent statements, including what Morris said about his arrangements with a tow truck driver and his arrivals and departures from a local storage lot.

The warrant also points to a pattern of violent behavior, "In the past, Scott had punched holes in the wall during arguments [with Kelly] and once threw a computer out of a window."

The family is offering a $30,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in this case.

If you have any information about the unsolved case of Kelly Morris, call NC WANTED toll free at 1.866.43.WANTED (1.866.439.2683) or click on "Report a Tip" Your identity can be kept confidential.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 09:51:19 PM »

December 4, 2008

Search continues for missing mom
CREEDMOOR - Volunteers will continue the search for missing Kelly Currin Morris on Sunday morning.
Search teams will meet at 8 a.m. at the Kelly Currin Morris Comand Center, Highway 50 and 2816 Old Weaver Trail, in Creedmoor.
More volunteers are needed, the group said.
Searchers are asking anyone with an abandoned well or quarry within a 40-mile radius of Stem to contact them at (919) 812-2310, or helpfindkelly@gmail.com, said search coordinator Al Mignacci.
They also have asked hunters to report any articles of clothing they come across or other unusual finds to the Granville County Sheriff's Office.
The search for Morris began in early September. She was reported missing hours after her home in Stem burned to the ground. The fire was arson, investigators have said, and her car was found less than a mile from her home.
Authorities and volunteers have searched by air, horseback and with dogs, but so far have found no sign of the 28-year-old mother of two.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »

The News & ******* (Raleigh, North Carolina)

December 8, 2008 Monday

Father keeps searching for missing daughter

CREEDMOOR -- Pat Currin spent Sunday morning the way he has spent nearly every morning of the last 90: scouring acres of fields and forests where a killer might have stashed his daughter's body.

For three months, Currin has roamed pastures and cemeteries, peered into lakes and wells, hunting for clues to what became of Kelly Currin Morris. Morris is grown, a mother herself, but she is still Currin's baby daughter, and he wants her home.

"We'll only be done when we find her," Currin said Sunday.

Morris, 28, vanished sometime after her stepmother hugged her goodbye the night of Sept. 3 and before firefighters rushed to her Granville County house the next day to subdue a raging fire. Morris had not shown up to work that day. Firefighters found no trace of her in the charred house.

The next day, deputies found Morris' car, with purse and keys inside, abandoned in an unfinished subdivision near her house in Stem. Authorities later determined that someone had torched the house she shared with her husband, Scott Morris, and her two girls.

That's when Pat Currin started searching for his daughter. At first, he hollered, hoping his daughter would yell back. These days, he just looks. He is searching for bones and tattered clothes.

Other family members and friends joined the search. Then, days later, strangers showed up. They came with good shoes and silent pats on the arm. Those who couldn't walk cooked for the search crews.

As time wears on, the hope and the numbers of volunteers diminish. September brought more than 50 searchers. Sunday, there were fewer than two dozen.

Weekdays now, it's mostly Currin and a few others. Currin has stopped working; his son Carl manages the family's construction company.

Currin invested in sonar equipment to search rivers and lakes; he and others have searched all of Falls Lake. He bought scopes to look down in wells. Still, no luck.

"We need a durn break," Currin said.

Juanita, his wife of more than 20 years, finished his thought: "I don't understand how someone could put a family through this. We hurt so bad."

Granville County sheriff's investigators named Morris' husband "a person of interest." No arrests have been made. Scott Morris could not be reached for comment Sunday.

A stranger helps

Al Mignacci, a retired IBM engineer, walked into the Currins' lives in September when he saw on television that another mother in the Triangle was missing. Since then, he has taken over as commander of the search efforts, leading crews that slowly nibble at a radius of more than 15 miles around Morris' home.

In the workshop of Currin's construction company on the outskirts of Creedmoor, Mignacci leans over a map colored with yellow highlighter marks. Every week, the circle around Morris' house gets a little brighter. On Sunday, Mignacci filled in another inch around a cattle farm west of Stem. Those yellow lines offer about as much hope as searchers get. Every day, they know a bit more about where Morris is not.

At 71, Mignacci is nonchalant about his work for the strangers.

"They needed help," he said. "I had it to give."

He has watched the Currins' hope rise with each small discovery. An article of clothing here or there. In November, they found bones. Investigators later ruled that the bones were an animal's.

For now, the Currins have nothing to bury. No place to go to bid farewell. In the world of police and courts, bodies define crimes, and Morris is just missing.

The Currins know their daughter wouldn't vanish without her girls, without saying goodbye.

So they walk, looking for a sign of Morris that lets them let go.

HOW TO HELP

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Kelly Currin Morris is asked to call Granville County Crime Stoppers at 919-693-3100. E-mail can be sent to searchers at helpfindkelly@gmail.com

The family is offering a $36,000 reward for any tip that leads to the discovery of Morris. 

Kelly Morris has not been seen since the night of Sept. 3.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:895375254&start=11

zap
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 09:20:18 PM »

I talked to a family member today, and there will be more searching done this Sunday, December 14. They will begin dispatching searchers at 8am from the Command Center at Currin Construction, 2816 Old Weaver Trail in Creedmoor, NC.

I sure wish I could be there again to help, but I'm too far away right now. My heart goes with the searchers, and if she's not found soon, I'll be back.

Please, if anyone can join in the search, do so. This family needs our help.
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.