March 29, 2024, 08:58:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Crockpot recipes  (Read 21909 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« on: October 17, 2008, 09:32:16 AM »

I need help! I'm a very busy single Mom, and in the colder months, the crockpot is my best friend! But I need tried and true recipes because the ones I've been using are getting worn out....

Heres on of our favorites:

2 lbs stew meat

1 family size can of cream of mushroom soup, and 1 regular size can.

1 pakage fresh mushrooms, or 2 small cans of mushrooms (drained)

1 package of Lipton onion soup mix

garlic powder to taste ( I just use a dash. Don't use garlic salt, as it will probably make the dish too salty due to the onion soup mix)

black pepper to taste

Throw it all in the crock pot and let it cook all day on low -or at least 6 hours.
I serve mine over hot cooked rice, with green beans and fruit, but you could use mashed potatos too. It's so easy!

Heres another:

1 package mild Italian sausage links

1  very large jar of spaghetti sauce ( I use Ragu traditional for this recipe)

1 large bell pepper ( green)

1 large onion

2-3 packages of grated parmesan cheese

1-2 packages of angel hair pasta, depending on size of package. I usually make at least 1 and 1/2 of the smaller packages, because I have teenagers!

Cut the sausage into 2 inch pieces, remove casings, and brown in a skillet until fully cooked. Drain on paper towel.

Wash bell pepper and cut into 1 inch pieces

Wash onion, and chop coarsely into big pieces

Pour the spaghetti sauce into the crockpot, and add the cooked sausage, the bell pepper, and the onion pieces. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

When sauce is done, prepare angel hair pasta using package directions.

Spoon sauce over pasta, and top with parmesan cheese.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:56:33 AM »

Oh i want to know some too 
Mine is apricot chicken.
get chicken pieces, (I take the skin off)
add carrots and onions.
In a jug, place a can of apricot nectar and mix in a pack of french onion soup mix, (like lipton onion soup) mix that up and chuck it in the crockpot.  Cook on low all day. 

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »

I just got this in email and wanted to share.I'll see if it posts correctly before I post the rest.

IF YOU OWN A CROCK POT...

Crock Pot - Beef
All Day Crock Pot Beef  Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry  Beef and Pasta Casserole  Beef Diablo 
Beef Fajitas  Beef Ragout Over Rice  Beef Tips  Beer Braised Beef in Crock Pot 
Burritos Crock Pot Style  California Tamale Pie  Cattleman's Beef and Beans  Cheeseburger Sandwiches 
Cheesy Meat Loaf  Chili Beer Brisket of Beef  Classic Swiss Steak  Complete Crock Pot Dinner 
Corned Beef and Cabbage  Country Swiss Steak  Cowboy Casserole  Cranberry Pork Roast 
Crock Pot Beef Burgundy  Crock Pot Beef 'n Peppers  Crock Pot Beef with Mushrooms  Crock Pot Beef Roast 
Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls  Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage  Crock Pot Creole Steak Strips  Crock Pot Delight 
Crock Pot Easy Swiss Steak  Crock Pot Enchiladas  Crock Pot Fajitas  Crock Pot Fajitas II 
Crock Pot Italian Beef  Crock Pot Meatballs  Crock Pot Rump Roast  Crock Pot Sauerbraten 
0D
Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce  Crock Pot Swiss Steak  Crock Pot Taco Casserole  Fiesta Tamale Pie 
Glazed Corned Beef  Glazed Corned Beef #2  Harvest Dinner  Harvest Pot Roast with Tomato-Wine Sauce 
Hot-and-Spicy Sloppy Joes  Lean Crock Pot Beans  Nina's Beef and Beans  Pot Roast Dinner 
Old Time Beef Stew  Pot Roast with Noodles  Ranch Style Beef  Reuben Casserole 
Roast Cooked with Coke  Roast with Veggies  Sage Pot Roast  Salsa Swiss Steak 
Savory Pepper Steak  Savory Stewed Beef  Slow-Cooked Beef Stifado  Slow Cooked Pepper Steak 
Slow Cooked Steak Rolls  Slow Cooked Swiss Steak Supper  Slow Cooker Italian Spaghetti Sauce  Slow Cooker Lasagna 
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak  Slowly Deviled Beef  Smothered Steak Strips  Spaghetti Sauce Italiano 
Spicy Wine Pot Roast  Stuffed Cabbage Casserole  Stuffed Pasta Shells  Swiss Bliss 
Swiss Steak  Teriyaki Steak  Three Pepper Steak  Three-Way Beef 
Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables 

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »

RATS!   

I'll just post the links to quite a few crock pot recipes.
Enjoy!

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/index.html

The best link~~~~~http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

Karma Is Coming

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 06:29:56 PM »

Thanks Karma! It's getting to be crock pot season again, and I am always willing to try new recipes!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »

luv luv luv my crockpot! especially in the fall and winter...these recipes will be handy...thanks..

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 05:36:19 PM »

Ummmm.  You guys are making me hungry!   Monkey Devil!

Here is another link for crockpot recipes.

http://www.easy-crock-pot-recipes.com/

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 06:18:46 PM »

You're welcome you all and thank you Cece for more crockpot recipes to add to my collection.

Karma Is Coming

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »

Venison BBQ in slow cooker.  I never tried it in a crock but I'm sure it works the same.  Put meat in slow cooker with enough olive oil to coat bottom.  Put cracked pepper and salt on meat.  Let cook all day - 6-8 hrs to take the gamey taste out.  Break/shred meat up with two forks and dump on favorite BBQ sauce.

Bag of slaw mix -  Basic slaw sauce - majority mayo, touch of mustard, touch of vinegar and touch of sugar mixed in separate bowl to taste and consistency.

Yummy dinner if you have hunter friends who supply you with deer meat during the season.  Nothing beats free meat!  You can add rolls and make sandwiches but I usually just dump my slaw right on the BBQ on a plate and enjoy.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:58 AM »

I love the crock pot since I discovered the liner bags. No mess to clean up. Makes it the easiest no mess great tasting cold weather meals.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

crock pots rock! made a roast with potatoes and carrots today in the crock pot..having it for dinner tomorrow night with warm bread..yummmssss!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »

I love the crock pot since I discovered the liner bags. No mess to clean up. Makes it the easiest no mess great tasting cold weather meals.

Where I live the liners can get pretty pricey so now I spray the inside of my crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and it works like a charm and is much cheaper.  It cleans right up even when I do my velveeta dip which used to take me days to scrap off the sides.  Nope, not more!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »

crock pots rock! made a roast with potatoes and carrots today in the crock pot..having it for dinner tomorrow night with warm bread..yummmssss!

I LOVE a roast with veggies in the crock!  Last week for the first time I put a Pork Loin Roast in with sauerkraut --- oh my gosh the pork was so tender and yummy.  I could cut it with a fork!  For some reason, whenever I put a pork roast in the oven it turns out dry but the crock was completely different!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »

I LOVE a roast with veggies in the crock!  Last week for the first time I put a Pork Loin Roast in with sauerkraut --- oh my gosh the pork was so tender and yummy.  I could cut it with a fork!  For some reason, whenever I put a pork roast in the oven it turns out dry but the crock was completely different!

I always cook my roasts and pork loin Roasts in my crock pot..sooooo goooddd! have not cooked one in my oven in years..turns out so much better in the crockpot..
I also like to put rice in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup on top of it...then put either pork chops or chicken breasts on top. then more soup on top of the meat....complete meal basically in 1 dish...

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:40:20 PM »

I always cook my roasts and pork loin Roasts in my crock pot..sooooo goooddd! have not cooked one in my oven in years..turns out so much better in the crockpot..
I also like to put rice in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup on top of it...then put either pork chops or chicken breasts on top. then more soup on top of the meat....complete meal basically in 1 dish...

So just uncooked white rice?  How easy (and good) would that be!  I've never done that because I thought the rice would get mushy (or over-done I guess). 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »

yep..uncooked white rice..the soup keeps it moist..easy and good...

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 09:51:34 AM »

I'm sure you guys know this one but it's still one of my fams faves!

chuck roast (works best and most flavorful but can use eye or your choice)
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup or beefy onion or mushroom onion (your choice again)
1 can Campbells Cream of Mush or your fave brand
    (I use 2 for a big roast)
1/4 c. water
I rub roast w/garlic, blk pepper and just a touch of salt or none if u prefer, put in crock and pour dry soup mix over all of roast then dump soup right on top, cover turn on high and leave for 6 to 8 hours or longer if needed depending on roast size. Homemade bread to dip in gravy, mmmmmm, mmmmmm, good!  Just add your own sides.  This is heavy and a good crowd pleaser for Sunday dinner and for guests.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »

1/4 c. water
I rub roast w/garlic, blk pepper and just a touch of salt or none if u prefer, put in crock and pour dry soup mix over all of roast then dump soup right on top, cover turn on high and leave for 6 to 8 hours or longer if needed depending on roast size. Homemade bread to dip in gravy, mmmmmm, mmmmmm, good!  Just add your own sides.  This is heavy and a good crowd pleaser for Sunday dinner and for guests.

sounds good!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »

1/4 c. water

This is one of my favorites!  But I use Coke/Pepsi in place of the water...sounds weird but it is delicious!

And I LOVE the Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic...I use it for an extra touch of flavor!

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.