March 28, 2024, 11:49:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Camp Asks DoJ For Investigation  (Read 1522 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 17, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »

Obama Camp Asks DoJ For Investigation

Posted by KYLE TRYGSTAD

Obama campaign counsel Bob Bauer has sent a letter (.pdf) to the Department of Justice requesting that Special Prosecutor Dannehy -- who is currently investigating the firings of U.S. Attorneys -- expand her investigation to look into whether any administration officials have worked in a joint effort with the McCain campaign and the RNC in legitimizing the allegations of vote fraud.

In the letter, Bauer asks for an inquiry into what he calls a "systematic development and dissemination of unsupported, spurious allegations of vote fraud." On a conference call with reporters, Bauer went further in explaining their position.

"These [vote fraud] allegations do not mean illegal voting," Bauer said. "Nobody really expects thousands of Mickey Mouses or Tony Romos to show up at the poll to vote this fall. But at the end of the day, the reason that you're getting the daily calls, the reason -- quite apart from political desperation -- that they're resorting to this issue and not to others, is to utilize the mantra that they've hit upon and the organization whose name they plan to make famous as a proxy for attacking the electoral process itself."

Bauer went on to say that the allegations are an "unprecedented effort to essentially sap the American people of confidence in the voting process" and that "an attack on the voters cannot go undefended."

http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/10/obama_camp_asks_doj_for_invest.html

In my world it is real simple.  I base my concerns about vote and registration fraud on what I saw first hand earlier this year, while standing in line to vote - drivers license in hand.

It would be a real simple thing to ask everyone for a government issued picture ID.

If one goes to the poll and says they are "Betty Jones" or "Jane Doe" I imagine that there is some piece of photo/picture identification they have used in the past.

It would be a simple thing to verify/scan the picture ID before the person votes.

People are asked for an ID (at least where I live) to buy cigarettes and booze.   From the many signs I read at stores, it's a good thing, a way to enforce standards.

When will there be good things for voters?  Standards for identification?

Vote/registration fraud dilutes everyone's voice in government - imho.

It would be a real simple thing to ask everyone for a government issued picture ID.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 04:04:41 PM »

FYI - From memory, none of the three women I saw at the polling place was named "Mickey Mouse" or "Tony Romos".

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.