March 29, 2024, 01:02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #47  (Read 391207 times)
Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1740 on: October 21, 2008, 02:10:47 PM »

Death!!      #4       [-]

(10/15/07 20:11:25)

Administrator

More
          o My Recent Posts
          o Message Me
          o Connection
          o Blocking
          o Invite
          o Ignore User's Posts

BY EVAN S. BENN
ebenn@MiamiHerald.com

Harrel Franklin Braddy dumped a little girl in the Everglades nine years ago to get chewed up by alligators.

On Monday, a Miami-Dade judge sentenced Braddy to die for it.

''The defendant . . . caused this 5-year-old to die, alone in the wilderness, and to be mutilated by monsters of the swamp,'' Circuit Judge Leonard E. Glick wrote in his sentencing order. ``Adults are supposed to protect children from monsters; they are not supposed to be the monsters themselves.''

Braddy, 58, was convicted in July for the November 1998 killing of Quatisha Maycock.

The child was found dead in the Everglades with alligator bite marks on her head and stomach and her left arm severed. The medical examiner testified that the girl was still alive when one or more alligators bit her.

Braddy told investigators he left Quatisha in the swamp because she witnessed him trying to kill her mother, who survived Braddy's choking attack.

Prosecutors argued for a death sentence during the penalty phase of Braddy's trial. Assistant State Attorney Abbe Rifkin told jurors about Braddy's criminal history, which included convictions for robbery, kidnapping and trying to kill a corrections officer by choking him.

The jurors in August voted 11-1 for the death penalty. Braddy showed no reaction when the decision was announced.

Braddy also sat quietly Monday as Glick announced that he was upholding the jury's recommendation of death.

Braddy's parents were in the courtroom to hear the sentence. On another side, Quatisha's mother, Shandelle Maycock, crumpled a tissue in her hands and cried while a homicide counselor consoled her.

In deciding between death and life in prison without parole, Glick considered Braddy's reason for harming Quatisha -- to keep her from identifying him as the person who tried to kill her mother.

''This plan, well thought out and well carried out, could have no justification, moral or legal, but could only be the product of a person who is so cold and so calculating, so devoid of humanity and only concerned with his own welfare,'' Glick wrote.

Rifkin said the sentence fit the crime.

''Due to his own horrific actions, Harrel Braddy has caused a lot of pain to a lot of people, including the people who loved him and cared for him,'' Rifkin said. ``The state is grateful that Quatisha's small voice was finally heard, and that the defendant received the sentence he so rightfully earned.''

Braddy's attorney, Terence Lenamon, said he was ''disappointed'' at the death sentence. A public defender was appointed to handle Braddy's appellate options.

uatisha Maycock killer convicted
   Lead    [-]

(07/19/07 15:43:26)

More
          o My Recent Posts
          o Message Me
          o Connection
          o Blocking
          o Invite
          o Ignore User's Posts

Tags : None
MIAMI, Fla. (AP) A man who had been released from prison early for good behavior was convicted Tuesday of trying to kill a young mother and leaving her 5-year-old daughter to be eaten alive by alligators in the Everglades.

Harrel Franklin Braddy had befriended Shandelle Maycock and her daughter Quatisha. Maycock testified that Braddy went to her home in November 1998 and grew enraged when she asked him to leave.

He choked Maycock until she was unconscious and then forced her and Quatisha into his car, the woman testified. At one point, Maycock gained consciousness, grabbed the child and jumped out of the moving vehicle.

Braddy stopped, choked the woman again and put her in the trunk, she testified. Maycock never saw her daughter again. Prosecutors said Braddy then drove to a section of Interstate 75 in the Everglades known as Alligator Alley and dropped Quatisha in the water beside the road.

She was alive when alligators bit her on the head and stomach, a medical examiner said.

Authorities found the girl's body two days later, her left arm missing and her skull crushed, prosecutors said. Maycock woke up bleeding and disoriented in a cane field miles from her Miami-Dade County home.

Braddy had served 13 years of a 30-year prison sentence for attempted murder before being released early for good behavior.

The trial had been delayed for nearly nine years because Braddy has fired several attorneys and represented himself at one point. His attorney, G.P. Della Feram, declined to comment.

A dozen law enforcement officers stood guard, aware that Braddy has escaped from the courthouse before. He fled after trying to strangle a Miami-Dade corrections officer in 1984.

Braddy was convicted of seven counts including first-degree murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, burglary and escape. He faces the death penalty.

*** This attorney must have a thing about car trunks...???
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1741 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:35 PM »

Terence M. Lenamon,"AV" rated, Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer. All State and Federal Criminal Matters. Death Qualified, Florida Supreme Court. Lenamon & Walsh, P.A., 2307 S. Douglas Road, Suite 401, Miami, FL 33145; (305)444-7700; www.Lenamonandwalsh.com.

His wife, Gloria Moschella, is a prosecutor for the State of Florida and has been for 12 years. Both graduated from Nova University in Ft. Lauderdale.  Nova is an ok school, but I think most attorneys might agree that it's not a top notch school.

This link isn't working for me.I was hoping to maybe see a picture?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1742 on: October 21, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »

]
From reading the text messages,it does sound to me like she had some type of job.In the text messages,someone was texting asking others(and Casey?)about their availibility,telling them what to wear,telling them when to show up.I have no idea but it sounds like one main person directing the others on where the"job"is at any given time.

Great Catch!!!

Thanks Janet
I thought those text messages were kinda odd.Almost like group text messaging with one main director.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1743 on: October 21, 2008, 02:13:34 PM »

Terence M. Lenamon,"AV" rated, Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer. All State and Federal Criminal Matters. Death Qualified, Florida Supreme Court. Lenamon & Walsh, P.A., 2307 S. Douglas Road, Suite 401, Miami, FL 33145; (305)444-7700; www.Lenamonandwalsh.com.

His wife, Gloria Moschella, is a prosecutor for the State of Florida and has been for 12 years. Both graduated from Nova University in Ft. Lauderdale.  Nova is an ok school, but I think most attorneys might agree that it's not a top notch school.
Would this not be a conflict of interests?  Even if she is not on the case she could still obtain information by snooping.

Wow! Could this be why he has been chosen?Surely this wouldn't fly would it?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1744 on: October 21, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »

Harrel Franklin Braddy  - The death penality is too good for this monster.

I remember you, Caylee.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1745 on: October 21, 2008, 02:17:29 PM »

]
From reading the text messages,it does sound to me like she had some type of job.In the text messages,someone was texting asking others(and Casey?)about their availibility,telling them what to wear,telling them when to show up.I have no idea but it sounds like one main person directing the others on where the"job"is at any given time.

Great Catch!!!

IIRC, that info was not in a text message but in an e-mail that Casey supposedly FAKED to make it look like she worked at Universal. Very elaborate lie.
Hi GoodNMad
It's in the text messages,the last doc dump IIRC.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
monkey deep
Scared Monkey

Look deep into the truth before you speak the fact

« Reply #1746 on: October 21, 2008, 02:19:47 PM »

OKAY - I just got off the phone with Cathy Belich from Channel 9 (WFTV).  She actually called me back.  She has given me permission to say the following:  To the best of her knowledge and will further check in to it, that was Casey Anthony in that picture!  I also let her hear LA new phone message and she thought that was quit interesting news to her and she was going to let her news editor know about it.

She is going to ask her boss if she can come on SM and answer some questions, but she doubts he will let her.   

She is supposed to call me back!! 

mytime  ...Very cool of you and Cathy!! I hope she can come visits the monkeys. I honestly think all of them read our forum.... a lot of things we monkey's mention end up being said out loud!   

The lies you tell only stack the evidence against yourself, NOT the people you lie about!
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1747 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »

I'm back Dolce!  Had to take quick shower!  Have errands to run too but I'm a SM addict now!  LOL!!
Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1748 on: October 21, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »

A FLORIDA man who left a five-year-old girl to be eaten alive by alligators and tried to kill her mother was sentenced to death today.
Harrel Franklin Braddy dumped a little girl in the Everglades nine years ago to get chewed up by alligators.

On Monday, a Miami-Dade judge sentenced Braddy to die for it.

"The defendant ... caused this 5-year-old to die, alone in the wilderness, and to be mutilated by monsters of the swamp," Circuit Judge Leonard E. Glick wrote in his sentencing order. "Adults are supposed to protect children from monsters; they are not supposed to be the monsters themselves."

Braddy, 58, was convicted in July for the November 1998 killing of Quatisha Maycock.

The child was found dead in the Everglades with alligator bite marks on her head and stomach and her left arm severed. The medical examiner testified that the girl was still alive when one or more alligators bit her.

Braddy told investigators he left Quatisha in the swamp because she witnessed him trying to kill her mother, who survived Braddy's choking attack.

Prosecutors argued for a death sentence during the penalty phase of Braddy's trial. Assistant State Attorney Abbe Rifkin told jurors about Braddy's criminal history, which included convictions for robbery, kidnapping and trying to kill a corrections officer by choking him.

The jurors in August voted 11-1 for the death penalty. Braddy showed no reaction when the decision was announced.

Braddy also sat quietly Monday as Glick announced that he was upholding the jury's recommendation of death.

Braddy's parents were in the courtroom to hear the sentence. On another side, Quatisha's mother, Shandelle Maycock, crumpled a tissue in her hands and cried while a homicide counselor consoled her.

In deciding between death and life in prison without parole, Glick considered Braddy's reason for harming Quatisha - to keep her from identifying him as the person who tried to kill her mother.

"This plan, well thought out and well carried out, could have no justification, moral or legal, but could only be the product of a person who is so cold and so calculating, so devoid of humanity and only concerned with his own welfare," Glick wrote.

Rifkin said the sentence fit the crime.

"Due to his own horrific actions, Harrel Braddy has caused a lot of pain to a lot of people, including the people who loved him and cared for him," Rifkin said. "The state is grateful that Quatisha's small voice was finally heard, and that the defendant received the sentence he so rightfully earned."

Braddy's attorney, Terence Lenamon, said he was "disappointed" at the death sentence. A public defender was appointed to handle Braddy's appellate options.

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1749 on: October 21, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »

]

Great Catch!!!

IIRC, that info was not in a text message but in an e-mail that Casey supposedly FAKED to make it look like she worked at Universal. Very elaborate lie.
Hi GoodNMad
It's in the text messages,the last doc dump IIRC.

Hi, Karma. This is the -email I was referring to. Don't know of any text messages that were similar. This was faked by Casey I believe.

I remember you, Caylee.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1750 on: October 21, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »

Looking forward to more upcoming info

From Cindy Anthony Caylee Myspace:

October 21, 2008 - Tuesday

Weekly Updates: Coming Soon

Dear friends and supporters,

Our weekly updates will be posted in the next couple of days.  Thanks for all the nice notes inquiring about the updates.

Thank you.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1751 on: October 21, 2008, 02:24:42 PM »

I'm back Dolce!  Had to take quick shower!  Have errands to run too but I'm a SM addict now!  LOL!!
Great to hear!!  I love reading everyones posts, especially the really new monkeys as they always seem to bring a fresh perspective to the board!
With so many people working on this case JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE is a reality for sure!

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1752 on: October 21, 2008, 02:24:53 PM »

I think the reason she ditched the car is to completley diassociate herself with the situation

I still think in her subconscious she wanted to get caught for the ultimate evil she caused-her daughters death. She knew it was just a matter of time, the behavior continued in a reckless manner. Out-of-control, no turning around......

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #1753 on: October 21, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »

Just called LP and passed the LA phone # and mssg on to him...he;s chacking it out...also doesn't know where Lee is.....Des

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1754 on: October 21, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »

Looking forward to more upcoming info

From Cindy Anthony Caylee Myspace:

October 21, 2008 - Tuesday

Weekly Updates: Coming Soon

Dear friends and supporters,

Our weekly updates will be posted in the next couple of days.  Thanks for all the nice notes inquiring about the updates.

Thank you.
What a mockery of Caylee this family has made. 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1755 on: October 21, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »

Just called LP and passed the LA phone # and mssg on to him...he;s chacking it out...also doesn't know where Lee is.....Des

Good job Des!  Did LP give you an update on how many of his Bounty Hunters would be joining the TES search in FL?  Also give him a big thank you for his address to viewers on NG last night in regards to TES donations.  What a sweet man. 

TCIntriguedIN30
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1756 on: October 21, 2008, 02:31:02 PM »

whoa no way...to me thats definitely a conflict
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #1757 on: October 21, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »

Good job Des!  Did LP give you an update on how many of his Bounty Hunters would be joining the TES search in FL?  Also give him a big thank you for his address to viewers on NG last night in regards to TES donations.  What a sweet man. 

Sorry didn't ask...everyone is trying to find Lee at this point....Des

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
m2kfl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1758 on: October 21, 2008, 02:31:20 PM »

Tater,

I might need to get my reading glasses changed, but I swear I don't see a person on that couch. 

I don't either.  I thought it was my eyes.
I think at first glance, someone thought it was a male, "spread eagle" on the couch in the top left portion of the photo. On closer examination, it is the arrangement of the cushions against a couch or other piece of furniture with a tan backrest.

MURT
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1759 on: October 21, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »

Great to hear!!  I love reading everyones posts, especially the really new monkeys as they always seem to bring a fresh perspective to the board!
With so many people working on this case JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE is a reality for sure!
  Maybe you can help me?  I'm interested in Dante and wondering what's up with him?  Is there any link to an interview with him?  Seems like nothing has been said about him and I'm wondering if I missed something along the way?  TIA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.