March 28, 2024, 03:04:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jennifer Carbonell Missing Since 6/24/99 Palm Coast FL (FOUND ALIVE in PA)  (Read 5569 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 19, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »

NOT in our database, but I had to post this!!

Teen Who Disappeared In 1999 Is Alive, Well
Now 27, She Has 2 Children, College Degree

WJXT-TV
updated 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A 17-year-old foster child who "vanished off the face of the earth" in 1999 was located last week, living with her two young children in Allentown, Pa.

Jennifer Carbonell was dropped off to her job at a Palm Coast Steak 'N Shake by her foster mother on June 24, 1999, and never seen again. Since she was an at-risk juvenile in protective custody at the time of her disappearance, the Flagler County Sheriff's Office searched for her and sent bulletins to law enforcement agencies nationally and listed her with the National Register for Missing and Exploited Children.

Years later, with leads dried up and the case stale, Flagler County Investigator Kim Davis became involved when she was asked if a body found in North Carolina could be Carbonell. It was not a match, but it renewed interest in missing-persons case.

Davis and Deputy Sam Cooper learned that Carbonell had a young child before she disappeared, and that boy was placed with his paternal grandmother when the teen was taken into custody of the state.

Deputies learned that four years after Carbonell disappeared, she sent a gift card to her first-born son, along with a photo of herself and her two other children. The envelope had a Pennsylvania postmark.

Davis located Carbonell, now 27, living in Allentown, and local authorities confirmed her identity and well-being.

"I never would have expected to find a missing 'at-risk' juvenile ... more than nine years later, but fortunately this case had a happy ending," Davis said.

Carbonell was not only doing well but had earned a college degree. Authorities did not say why she had disappeared or chose not to clear her name with Flagler County authorities after she became an adult.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27244770/

WOW..... simply, wow.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »

North American Missing Persons Network Original missing posting of Jennifer>>

Jennifer Carbonell
http://www.nampn.org/cases/carbonell_jennifer.html
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 24, 1999 from Palm Coast, Florida
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: March 13, 1982
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Race: White

Details of Disappearance
Carbonell was last seen in Palm Coast, Florida on June 24, 1999.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:30:39 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.