April 28, 2024, 04:01:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hannah Upp NYC School Teacher Missing Since 8/29/08 (FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 11285 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »

IMO skeptical, is an understatement.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »

Staten Island Advance (New York)

October 15, 2008 Wednesday 

In surprise, woman pulled from harbor sees rescuers honored

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. - A surprise visitor enlivened the bread-and-butter proceedings at last night's Community Board 1 meeting.

Hannah Upp, the young Spanish teacher whose disappearance last month became front-page news, showed up to witness an awards ceremony honoring the Staten Island Ferry workers who effected her rescue from New York Harbor.

"The evening is really about them [the ferry workers]," Ms. Upp told the Advance last night, smiling gracefully, speaking softly and shying from the spotlight. She didn't want her picture taken.

"I am recovering and grateful for all the support," she said.

Ms. Upp vanished days before the start of classes at Thurgood Marshall Academy in Harlem, where she is a New York Teaching Fellow. Reported sightings piqued public interest in the case. Then, on the morning of Sept. 16, Capt. Christopher Covella spotted her bobbing in the water. Deckhands Michael Sabatino, 28, of Brooklyn and Ephriam Washington, 31, of Port Richmond, plucked her from the water into their small motorboat.

The three men received a standing ovation at last night's full board meeting in All Saints Episcopal Church, Willowbrook.

Capt. Covella recounted how Ms. Upp's brother paid him "a very emotional" visit last week at the Staten Island Ferry.

"He mentioned many people, family and friends, were praying for her safe return. I told them I was honored that God chose me and my crew to fulfill their prayers," said the fiftysomething ferry captain from Mariners Harbor.

The men also received proclamations from various public officials.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:868777365&start=17

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.