March 28, 2024, 07:42:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...Democrats would rather create chaos in our election process than help..."  (Read 1646 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 19, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »

"Democrats would rather create chaos in our election process than help to ensure that no ballots are cast fraudulently by ineligible voters."

(snip)

Responding to continued opposition by the state's Democratic Party to requiring voter IDs in the elections - even though nearly 600,000 Georgians already have voted! - Handel said, "It is patently clear that the Democrats would rather create chaos in our election process than help to ensure that no ballots are cast fraudulently by ineligible voters."

Amazingly, while significant national coverage recently has focused on massive numbers of fraudulent registrations by such groups as ACORN, Georgia's Democrats persist in their fight against requiring voters to show identification when voting.

"I assure Georgia's voters that my office will continue to defend photo ID, which provides a critical safeguard against in-person voter fraud," Handel says.

(snip)

http://newstimes.augusta.com/stories/101908/opi_480001.shtml

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »

State voter verification leads to 3 inquiries
By Aaron Gould Sheinin

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Three parallel inquiries into Georgia’s system of verifying the citizenship and identity of voters are proceeding on the federal level, examining various aspects of the process that has resulted in thousands of Georgia voters being flagged for citizenship or identity questions.

1. The federal courts: A three-judge panel of the 11th District Court will hear arguments on Wednesday in a lawsuit brought by a Cherokee County man. The state has argued it is following federal and state law.

A federal judge on Thursday denied Jose Morales’ request for a temporary restraining order to block Secretary of State Karen Handel’s office from continuing with the checks.

Handel’s office says the checks are required under the Help America Vote Act.

2. U.S. Department of Justice: Many of the same issues are under review at the Justice Department, which said last week it believes the verification system needs pre-clearance from Washington.

3. Social Security Administration: Part of the system involves checking the last four digits of newly registered voters’ Social Security numbers against Social Security’s database.

The Social Security Administration flagged Georgia’s use of the system and asked Handel’s office to review its procedures.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/stories/2008/10/19/voterid.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »

(snip)

The first 2,100 of 5,000 applications they submitted in the Indiana county where Gary is located were bogus. “All the signatures looked exactly the same,” said one election official. “Everything on the card filled out looks exactly the same.”

In the Indianapolis area, 105 percent of the adult population has been registered to vote.

Meanwhile here in Georgia, Secretary of State Karen Handel, a Republican, is being vilified by activist Democrats for her efforts to guarantee that the election is honest, that the people who vote are indeed legally eligible. It’s legal vs. illegal. It has nothing in the world to do with voter suppression — and, frankly, the partisans of the left know that.

(snip)

She was sued last week by a group seeking to halt the state’s efforts to verify the citizenship of registered voters when there’s a question — as, for example, a new citizen who previously was identified on driver’s license records as a non-citizen. It’s the routine of honest government. No hidden agendas. No conspiracies.

(snip)

There’s a full-scale effort on to intimidate Handel by representing legitimate verification as suppression and by accusing her, in advance, of responsibility for any Election Day glitches if everybody who shows up is not voted, eligible or not.

She is not intimidated — nor should she be. For any election you want to have a safeguard in place, she says. Once upon a time, nobody would have disagreed with such a common-sense assertion.

http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/shared-blogs/ajc/thinkingright/entries/2008/10/13/democrats_tactics_frighten.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.