April 19, 2024, 05:09:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "budgetary imbalance...slow growth makie it easy prey"  (Read 2530 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 20, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »

A Hungarian foreign currency crisis or a Hungarian banking panic devalues everything in Hungary. The central bank and budget management are not enough on their own to stop this happening - and nor can we be sure whether state actors will behave rationally. Events on the Budapest Stock Exchange, the extraordinary fall in the shares of OTP and Mol, the forint's devaluation and the clear speculative attacks all show that manoeuvring has begun. But who is behind them?

4. And then the financial crisis broke out. Stock exchanges fell and currencies weakened around the world, and the western world's credit-based fictional capital was greatly devalued, while the influence of Asia, the oil countries, and Russia has grown substantially.
The real money is in these regions now. The crisis is a great opportunity for Russia to gain friends - like Iceland, or Hungary. In these small, open economies, it is fairly cheap to create economic and financial problems, and otherwise healthy currencies, banks and companies can fall victim to the resulting storm. Hedge funds are the vector for the attacks - and they have a lot of Russian money in them. There is no doubt that some well-known funds, like Soros's, are able to ride the wave, because they have the know-how needed to bring down countries and currencies.

5. It's easy to destabilise Hungary. Its budgetary imbalance and slow growth makie it easy prey, and its protectors - Europe and the US - have other things to worry about. America can help find friendly Arab money, but its resources are limited. In this context, it is interesting to note how enthusiastically Viktor Orban is seeking out contacts in the Arab world and the appearance of Omani investors in Mol's shareholder register. Moscow is ready to help. Let's have no doubts about that. "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

http://hvg.eu/hvg/20081020_mol_otp_battlefield_hungary.aspx

I believe the US has a budgetary imbalance...hugh national debt...and no restraint in sight...

Sounds a bit like the US...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »

Restraint? Are you kidding me? Here's a glimpse of how much chance we have that Congress or a Democratic President has a clue that a balanced budget is important. Here it is from their own mouth as of Oct. 20, 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Mazjm_A5k

Apparently we, the American Worker, are the only ones that have to stop spending in our own households. We've got to make sure there's enough to let the Dems continue to play in their sandbox.

Isn't a prostitution ring a small business? Gee, you'd think that Barney would be able to relate to the issues on that basis alone!

I guess he's just not busy enough. His fine work on Freddy and Fannie has slowed down a bit for a while.

HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET! THE OTHER HANDS IN YOUR POCKET AREN'T ATTACHED TO A BRAIN!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.