April 26, 2024, 11:53:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #48  (Read 317694 times)
luckycharmsprincess
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1300 on: October 22, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »

I know there are some here who have a background in psychology, so I would like to ask a question. We have talked about Casey being a sociopath, but I was wondering about other types of personality disorders.

What kind of disorder would a person likely have if they exhibited these traits:
short temper, mood swings, need to control others, grandiose ideas about their own importance, lack of interest in eating and sleeping, difficulty concentrating, inability to maintain person relationships.

This is actually a description of a former boss of mine, but I can see some of her characteristics in Cindy.

TY for any input.

Of course I have to comment. I've heard that CindyA takes medication. I'm not sure if anyone knows what kind. Bipolar 1 people are more dangerous and volatile than Bipolar 2 people. I think we have snippets of her personality and it would be hard to pin point exactly what she has. I've heard CindyA say there is no 'mental illness' in the family. Bipolar is a chemical imbalance and most likely inherited. She definitely goes off on her tangents as does George. However true signs of Bipolar Disorder include things that we can't see unless we were around her 24/7 for a period of time. Speech Disruptions, Impaired Judgment, Increased or Decreased Sexuality, Change in Thought Patterns, Mood Changes, and Perception Changes.

While it's easy to say well, of course she has mood changes, her perception has changed, impaired judgment, yep we've seen that, thought pattern change too, she must be Bipolar. She very well could be but she also might be going through Menopause. If you break down the technical definitions of BP then you would see that speech disruptions could mean, incoherent speech-mumbling to themselves, rapid unintelligible speech. Impaired judgment can be financial irresponsibility-spending more than she earns, inappropriate behaviors-flirting with your sister's husband, inappropriate humor-making off color jokes in a business professional setting. Thought pattern changes manifest as easily distracted, racing thoughts, disjointed thinking. Mood can be exhiliration, sadness, hostility. And finally changes in perception can be, paranoia, hallucinations and delusions. Add those all up and kick in the UP-Mania and down-Depression and you have a Bipolar individual.

In the movie, A Beautiful Mind, the main character is Schizophrenic. I do think there are some characteristics of being Schizophrenic that are similiar to having Bipolar Disorder. While BP disorder is not the same illness, the symptoms it shares tend to overlap. So, if anyone saw that movie, it might put things in a better perspective but to a lesser extreme. I once had a patient convince me that she had people living in her air vents. I must say, she was very convincing, so much in fact that I wanted to go to her house to look, just to make sure. She had Bipolar Disorder.

I do not think she is Bipolar based on what I have seen. I do see a woman who has raised a child who has manipulated everything to get her way, lied, cheated and stole to get what she wanted. That would make any sane person question reality. I'm not taking her side by any means. I'm just trying to go a bit deeper than what the TV currently shows us.

During my residency, I was assigned to a mental hospital for 900 hours to council and shadow other Doctors. It was definitely an eye opening experience. I met people who acted very sane for periods of time and then would immediately change their personality to become aggressive, loud, inappropriate, acting as if there we no social boundaries. Many of these people suffered from BPD.

ON ANOTHER NOTE.....I also have to say....I am getting pretty sick and tired of NancyG saying that CindyA and GeorgeA didn't have anything to do with this. We do not know that. We have signs that point to some sort of obstruction and in my opinion they should be charged if evidence comes to light. I don't buy that they are just in denial. The stories changed, there is a reason. There are too many inconsistencies in their stories. CindyA washed the PANTS. Give me a break, I don't buy the 'all innocent' routine on that one. Ok, now I feel better. Have a good night everyone! 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.  - Philo
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1301 on: October 22, 2008, 09:16:11 PM »

If the dogs hit every place that a female was in heat, they would have a true Casey trail!

Good point   
Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1302 on: October 22, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »

I know there are some here who have a background in psychology, so I would like to ask a question. We have talked about Casey being a sociopath, but I was wondering about other types of personality disorders.

What kind of disorder would a person likely have if they exhibited these traits:
short temper, mood swings, need to control others, grandiose ideas about their own importance, lack of interest in eating and sleeping, difficulty concentrating, inability to maintain person relationships.

This is actually a description of a former boss of mine, but I can see some of her characteristics in Cindy.

TY for any input.

Hi BT, I'm not a psychologist, but I have studied personality disorders for the last 5 years cuz my Mom is "interesting".

Cindy appears to be someone who would fit the Borderline Personality criteria with strong narcissistic tendency's.  Borderlines tend to come in 4 "flavors"- Queen, Witch, Martyr and Waif.  Cindy seems to mostly display the queen and witch (their private rages are something to behold, let me tell you!), although I've seen her pull out martyr and waif also. 

Borderlines can be prone to depression as well.  And often, they will fit the criteria for several of the personality disorders, and can be diagnosed with several.

But, bottom line, they just don't think the same way normal people do, and treatment is rarely successful.

Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps.

I so agree!  Do you if it is hereditary or did the apple just not fall to far - in this family

From what I understand, some science is suggesting a genetic predisposition, but nurture would play a huge role in most cases.  I am the black sheep in my family for the simple reason that I refuse to drink the crazy kool-aid!   
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1303 on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

TY for any input.

Hi BT, I'm not a psychologist, but I have studied personality disorders for the last 5 years cuz my Mom is "interesting".

Cindy appears to be someone who would fit the Borderline Personality criteria with strong narcissistic tendency's.  Borderlines tend to come in 4 "flavors"- Queen, Witch, Martyr and Waif.  Cindy seems to mostly display the queen and witch (their private rages are something to behold, let me tell you!), although I've seen her pull out martyr and waif also. 

Borderlines can be prone to depression as well.  And often, they will fit the criteria for several of the personality disorders, and can be diagnosed with several.

But, bottom line, they just don't think the same way normal people do, and treatment is rarely successful.

Thanks, Weeble. There is definitely something not right in that family.

I Stand With The Girl
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1304 on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »

I have total respect for Dr. Baden and Dr. Lee.  I have never cared for or trusted Kobe, and he just made those feelings stronger tonight.

I like Cyral Wick too!  Dr. Lee helped OJ - he is brilliant but I am still mad at him!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1305 on: October 22, 2008, 09:20:18 PM »

Jesse  did not resign willingly. He was asked to resign.
Couldn't cut the mustard, I guess. Not doing a good job.
Regardless, they didn't want to keep him on.
WHY ? Here, once they are thru the Academy, there are in. What's his problem ? Gotta have one OCSD spotted it.
Jesse knew about her drinking, Tony , the other cop said Jesse brought her to the bar where the other police guys were like a trophy, then she drank so much, he carried her outta the bar. Nice candidate for a future wife of a cop.
If it was a bad fit, shouldn't he have been weeded out sooner ?
I really think the Grund family sticking up for Casey is overdone.
The " good Mother " routine is also wearing thin.
No one ever saw her hit the kid. Therefore, she is a good Mother ?

le singe bete
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1306 on: October 22, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »

TY for any input.

I so agree!  Do you if it is hereditary or did the apple just not fall to far - in this family

I agree also.  I think I am fascinated by this case because I see shades of Casey in someone very close to me.  This person refuses to get help, so I've done a little diagnosing on my own out of necessity.     Thankfully, she is childless, and hasn't stooped to murder.  But, OMG, does she have people fooled.  It's a fool time job making sure everyone sees what she wants them to see.  And if all fails, throw confusion in to the mix.  A few lies, a little kool-ade and bam!  I vote for Borderline Personality Disorder.  Man BT Girl, I hope she wasn't your boss!

Justice Pour Tous -- et Casey Avant Tout!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1307 on: October 22, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »

I vote for Borderline Personality Disorder.

I do too.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1308 on: October 22, 2008, 09:27:28 PM »

TY for any input.

Of course I have to comment. I've heard that CindyA takes medication. I'm not sure if anyone knows what kind. Bipolar 1 people are more dangerous and volatile than Bipolar 2 people. I think we have snippets of her personality and it would be hard to pin point exactly what she has. I've heard CindyA say there is no 'mental illness' in the family. Bipolar is a chemical imbalance and most likely inherited. She definitely goes off on her tangents as does George. However true signs of Bipolar Disorder include things that we can't see unless we were around her 24/7 for a period of time. Speech Disruptions, Impaired Judgment, Increased or Decreased Sexuality, Change in Thought Patterns, Mood Changes, and Perception Changes.

While it's easy to say well, of course she has mood changes, her perception has changed, impaired judgment, yep we've seen that, thought pattern change too, she must be Bipolar. She very well could be but she also might be going through Menopause. If you break down the technical definitions of BP then you would see that speech disruptions could mean, incoherent speech-mumbling to themselves, rapid unintelligible speech. Impaired judgment can be financial irresponsibility-spending more than she earns, inappropriate behaviors-flirting with your sister's husband, inappropriate humor-making off color jokes in a business professional setting. Thought pattern changes manifest as easily distracted, racing thoughts, disjointed thinking. Mood can be exhiliration, sadness, hostility. And finally changes in perception can be, paranoia, hallucinations and delusions. Add those all up and kick in the UP-Mania and down-Depression and you have a Bipolar individual.

In the movie, A Beautiful Mind, the main character is Schizophrenic. I do think there are some characteristics of being Schizophrenic that are similiar to having Bipolar Disorder. While BP disorder is not the same illness, the symptoms it shares tend to overlap. So, if anyone saw that movie, it might put things in a better perspective but to a lesser extreme. I once had a patient convince me that she had people living in her air vents. I must say, she was very convincing, so much in fact that I wanted to go to her house to look, just to make sure. She had Bipolar Disorder.

I do not think she is Bipolar based on what I have seen. I do see a woman who has raised a child who has manipulated everything to get her way, lied, cheated and stole to get what she wanted. That would make any sane person question reality. I'm not taking her side by any means. I'm just trying to go a bit deeper than what the TV currently shows us.

During my residency, I was assigned to a mental hospital for 900 hours to council and shadow other Doctors. It was definitely an eye opening experience. I met people who acted very sane for periods of time and then would immediately change their personality to become aggressive, loud, inappropriate, acting as if there we no social boundaries. Many of these people suffered from BPD.

ON ANOTHER NOTE.....I also have to say....I am getting pretty sick and tired of NancyG saying that CindyA and GeorgeA didn't have anything to do with this. We do not know that. We have signs that point to some sort of obstruction and in my opinion they should be charged if evidence comes to light. I don't buy that they are just in denial. The stories changed, there is a reason. There are too many inconsistencies in their stories. CindyA washed the PANTS. Give me a break, I don't buy the 'all innocent' routine on that one. Ok, now I feel better. Have a good night everyone! 

You are very knowledgeable & I enjoy your input! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1309 on: October 22, 2008, 09:29:18 PM »

I agree also.  I think I am fascinated by this case because I see shades of Casey in someone very close to me.  This person refuses to get help, so I've done a little diagnosing on my own out of necessity.     Thankfully, she is childless, and hasn't stooped to murder.  But, OMG, does she have people fooled.  It's a fool time job making sure everyone sees what she wants them to see.  And if all fails, throw confusion in to the mix.  A few lies, a little kool-ade and bam!  I vote for Borderline Personality Disorder.  Man BT Girl, I hope she wasn't your boss!

It sure sounds like she could have been. 

Seriously, the woman who was my boss wreaked havoc in many people's lives. It took a lot of protesting from abused employees before she was finally forced out. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in the same house as someone like that. I have wondered many times if Cindy is the source of at least some of Casey's issues.

I Stand With The Girl
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1310 on: October 22, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »

KCJackie or one of the other ping experts, can you tell me, after Casey called JCPenney where did she go? 
Do we know where the local JCPenneys are near her?
Do we have a time or date after that where it appears that she went to the store to possibly "replace" whatever she took from the house?

TIA I love everyone's maps!!!

Sorry it took so long to respond - but I did some checkin' - there are a few JCPenney's in the area.  It looks like the closest is on Colonial - to the west of the Amscot area @Orange Blossom (Orlando Fashion Mall).  I know she called JCP on the 27th at 11:09 am - it's weird because (all within 30 min) she went further south - before she went North from where she was at when she called them - to when she got to JCP - she was only there for a few minutes.  I'm sure there are other days she might have went - this is for the 27th.  There's also a JCPenney salon............  she was in the vicinity of JCP more I believe while Tony was out of town.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1311 on: October 22, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »

Luckycharms

Thanks so much for the information. I love your posts!

I Stand With The Girl
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1312 on: October 22, 2008, 09:32:52 PM »

I have total respect for Dr. Baden and Dr. Lee.  I have never cared for or trusted Kobe, and he just made those feelings stronger tonight.

I like Cyral Wick too!  Dr. Lee helped OJ - he is brilliant but I am still mad at him!
There is also Dr. Joshua Perper...I like him...nancy has him on some.....he needs to come. back and take Kobe's place.
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1313 on: October 22, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »

goodnight everyone!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1314 on: October 22, 2008, 09:38:06 PM »

From MURT - attached is a list of the commisary items that Casey can purchase.  It's a PDF file attached below
bananapuddin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1315 on: October 22, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »

If the dogs hit every place that a female was in heat, they would have a true Casey trail!

Good point   
OMG - I totally laughed out loud! 

I think NG has to keep Kobi around because he probably has a contract with the show.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
IMissThirdGrade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1316 on: October 22, 2008, 09:38:58 PM »

From MURT - attached is a list of the commisary items that Casey can purchase.  It's a PDF file attached below

Thanks!

It's only funny til someone pokes you in the eye.
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1317 on: October 22, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »

Goodnight Mammy
le singe bete
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1318 on: October 22, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »

It sure sounds like she could have been. 

Seriously, the woman who was my boss wreaked havoc in many people's lives. It took a lot of protesting from abused employees before she was finally forced out. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in the same house as someone like that. I have wondered many times if Cindy is the source of at least some of Casey's issues.

And they never get help.  They just move on to their next victim.  Casey will never admit she's done this horrible thing.  And her parents will never be able to risk her disappointment by seeming to be unsupportive.  I don't believe for a minute that if they were to apply "tough love" it would get her to own up to her crime though.  Doesn't work with BPD.

The minute they fail to support her, she will just put them someplace in her mind where they cease to exist (the supportive parents will become instantaneous horrible parents).  She will refuse to see them.  It doesn't matter that she's alone in prison and has no one else!  BPD makes you stupid.  You think messing with everyone else is never going to hurt you.

Justice Pour Tous -- et Casey Avant Tout!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1319 on: October 22, 2008, 09:42:15 PM »

good night mammy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.