April 19, 2024, 04:11:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TESTING OBAMA--1st 6 months  (Read 2247 times)
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:26 AM »

The latest on Biden's gaffe

By E. Thomas McClanahan, Kansas City Star editorial page columnist

Yesterday Joe Biden predicted a President Obama would be tested in a foreign policy crisis early in his tenure. Biden suggested he might blink and face criticism because of it. But what crisis might erupt? Unfortunately, it's not hard to come up with likely scenarios.

Russia could make another foray in its "near abroad." China could make a move toward Taiwan. Something might break on the Afghan-Pakistan border. But the most likely, and ominous, was suggested by Hugh Hewitt.

A President Obama will blink when Iran threatens Israel by approaching the nuclear tripwire. A President Obama will seek to force Israel to live with Iran as a nuclear power capable of either striking Israel or shipping to Hezbollah the means of threatening the very existence of the Jewish state, and the supporters of Israel in the U.S. will be stunned and then angry.

The question facing voters next week is, Who do you want at the tiller in such a situation?
Update: America's crisis could be closer to home.

Submitted by mcclanahan on October 21, 2008 - 1:47pm.
E. Thomas McClanahan | login or register to post comments | 2352

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2497

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:04 AM »

Obama will be tested: BidenFont Size: Decrease Increase Print Page: Print Tom Baldwin, Washington | October 22, 2008

JOE Biden, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, has told Americans to expect a "major international crisis" that will present an early test of a Barack Obama administration, in comments seized on as a gaffe by the McCain campaign.

Senator Biden, who was speaking at a fundraiser in Seattle on Sunday night, said: "Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here ... we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.''

Senator Biden cited Russia and the Middle East as possible places that might cause problems, as well as the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan that was "crawling with al-Qa'ida''.

"He's gonna need help,'' Senator Biden said, "because it's not gonna be apparent, initially, that we're right.'' He added:  "I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here.''

John McCain's foreign policy adviser Randy Scheunemann said Senator Biden's statements were "very revealing''.
(...)

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24531276-5013948,00.html

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:47:14 AM »

"He's gonna need help,'' Senator Biden said, "because it's not gonna be apparent, initially, that we're right.'' He added:  "I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here.''

Obama's gonna need help . . . incredibile.

Clean up in Aisle 4 ! ! !

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »

I've never seen anything like this election. If I were a Republican Senator, or governenor, I would start now in an oratory class. If you can just learn to "speak pertty" you can get enough votes to become president. We haven't had a Republican who is gifted that way since Reagan.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »

I agree, CBB.  I have never seen anything like this.

We're supposed to vote for a candidate who is so inexperienced he'll be tested in the first six months.  On top of that, he might make the wrong decision . . . or, it would look wrong.

Obama is offering "Candy that kills" a nation.  Sweets to soften the will.  Honey to stick US to the wrong train, going in the wrong direction.

If Obama carries through with his promises, I'll probably get a little money.  Regardless, it's not worth it; I don't want Joe's money, or Sally's money.

The Chameleon Candidate offers the Country a swift downhill sled ride.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »

I agree, CBB.  I have never seen anything like this.

We're supposed to vote for a candidate who is so inexperienced he'll be tested in the first six months.  On top of that, he might make the wrong decision . . . or, it would look wrong.

Obama is offering "Candy that kills" a nation.  Sweets to soften the will.  Honey to stick US to the wrong train, going in the wrong direction.

If Obama carries through with his promises, I'll probably get a little money.  Regardless, it's not worth it; I don't want Joe's money, or Sally's money.

The Chameleon Candidate offers the Country a swift downhill sled ride.

Oh, Slogger! I know exactly how your heart feels! 
I too, will be helped financially in a wierd way, and hurt in another. The business tax will be a killer personally, but the pork in the bailout will increase my reimbursement, and if I can ever find the details on what Obama means about the "capitol gains" for business, it's possible that I may be able to move my business from an "S" corp to an "LLC" which would make me less liable personally for any debt should I ever have to file corporate bankruptcy.

Anyway, I don't care about any of the possible personal gain, and my reasons for being so passionate about this election are not based on the personal harm Obama's policies can possibly cause me! The issues in this election rise above my little corner of the world and focus me on the threats I percieve to my beloved country, and the ideal she has always represented. I don't want corruption and recklessness to threaten any of that. What's wrong with people? If you just step away and look at the whole picture, it's shocking that we are even having a debate!

I have never seen such a clear choice than one who, short of dying for his country, gave all there was within him to give for his country, and one whose life is a mystery, and record is thin and disturbing. I pray for this country and all those within it. I pray for the world that looks to us for all the good we have offered them.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »

The World usually says, "Fine, but what are you doing for me TODAY!"

In an Obama Administration, it looks like World first; and exponential increases in debt for the US.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.