April 25, 2024, 09:08:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikkibnurse needs our prayers-her daughter is in the hospital with MRSA  (Read 7022 times)
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« on: October 22, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »

My oldest daughter is in the hospital..please keep us in your prayers....

Sorry for the o/t..I will check in again soon!!!!

Nikki
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:47:23 PM by klaasend » Logged

"God dont like ugly"
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »

KLaas, if y ou need to move this and make a thread for me so I can keep you guys updated, please do..It wont hurt my feelings a bit!

Lara is still in the hospital and will be for at least another day..we were admitted last night..she has cellulitis..and MRSA...ughhhhhh

Her elbow became really hot and swollen and sweeled up to the size of an orange...they are treating it with IV antibiotics, and it seems to be getting a little better...she just had an MRI done to show how deep the infection is, and if it is in the bone...

Luckily, my girlfriend from high school, that I havent seen in 10 years, is our nurse!!! Yea!! So we are getting good treatment...

PLease continue to keep us in your prayers, and I will check back in soon...

Saw Cindy and George today... wish they would wise up to reality.....

"God dont like ugly"
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »

KLaas, if y ou need to move this and make a thread for me so I can keep you guys updated, please do..It wont hurt my feelings a bit!

Lara is still in the hospital and will be for at least another day..we were admitted last night..she has cellulitis..and MRSA...ughhhhhh

Her elbow became really hot and swollen and sweeled up to the size of an orange...they are treating it with IV antibiotics, and it seems to be getting a little better...she just had an MRI done to show how deep the infection is, and if it is in the bone...

Luckily, my girlfriend from high school, that I havent seen in 10 years, is our nurse!!! Yea!! So we are getting good treatment...

PLease continue to keep us in your prayers, and I will check back in soon...

Saw Cindy and George today... wish they would wise up to reality.....

Praying Nikki!!!!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:53:05 PM »

Keep you chin up!  She will get better.  I have and will continue with prayers.

God Bless, Mammy
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »

Hi Nickiebnurse,

I just want you to know that I am sending Prayers Heavenward for your daughter.  I don't know a thing about what she has so I want to go and do some research on the conditions you mentioned.
I will be back to check on updates.

Bless Your and Her Hearts!
Angels watching over her!
PJ flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »

Nikki I am so sorry to hear this.  Sounds like you are in the right hands now.  Please know that your daughter, you, and your family are in my families prayers.  Stay strong!!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »

Nikki! Prayers for your baby and you.....Please keep us up on her progress!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 05:29:16 PM »

Ugh!! What what nasty infection to have, and not to mention the pain.

Adding you and yours to my prayer list!! Hugs.

From Day One..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 05:46:06 PM »

Nikki ~ I'm sorry your daughter Lara is ill and in the hospital.  You are both in my thoughts and prayers.  I pray she will get well soon.  (((hugs)))

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

Nikki:  I am saying prayers for your daugther.  I had MRSA earlier this year and it was a nasty thing to get.  May God give you and yours peace and comfort!
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »

Nikki~
I'm so sorry to hear about Lara in the hospital and all that she's dealing with. I have been & will continue to keep her, you, & the medical staff in my prayers.
Please take care of yourself as well. I hope that you are getting better from your trip to the hospital last week!! Sending your household a bunch of {{{{HUGS}}}}

Roos~

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »

Nikki - Hope your daughter will be free of pain and discomfort and back home with you soon.
MSE
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 05:42:23 AM »

Nikki
I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is sick. I pray she gets well really soon. 
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Melanie
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 11:21:44 AM »

Hey guys...the MRI showed no infection in the bone, so that is VERY good!!!!

Also, the redness in the arm in going down, except for this one area that they say is developing into an abcess...They are hoping that it will drain on its own..If not, the pediatric surgeons will go in and drain it..we are look at at least 2 more days in the hospital...maybe a week total, so we will see!! It alldepends on what this abcess does....sigh....

On a lighter note, I had come home yesterday to shower, etc..and while i was gone, Lara called ECSTATIC!!!!!!

DOnt know if yall know who they are, but Clemson is our football team in these parts....You are either a Clemson or a South Carolina fan, and we have and always will be Clemson fans!!!

The WHOLE FOOTBALL TEAM came to the childrens hospital and Lara got to meet them all and they signed things for her and gave her gifts...when i get back home, I will get Klaas to post a picture in here..IT WAS SOOOO COOL!!!!!

PLease continue to pray for her healing..I love you guys sooooo much!!!!!!!

"God dont like ugly"
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

Great news Nikki!  I will keep your family in my prayers!!   

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »

Nikki...Thanks for some good news.  Continued prayers that all goes well and Lara will not need surgery.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »

Great news Nikki.  I will keep you all in my prayers!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »

Prayers for your daughter Nikki.

Just a swinging with the tribe
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »

I have been praying for y'all Nikki....Guess your daughter won't be interested in my son anymore after meeting all those hunky football players....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 08:33:49 PM »

Nikki ~ I was stopping in to see how your daughter Lara is today.  I'm glad to hear you've had some good news, and I hope she continues to improve.  That was really nice of the Clemson players to come visit those in the hospital and it's great Lara felt well enough to visit with them.  How exciting for her!    I'm a firm believer that keeping a positive outlook helps cure the body .   Hope she gets well soon! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.