April 24, 2024, 12:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #49  (Read 383726 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #740 on: October 24, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/breakingnews/index.html

DNA Results Released
October 24, 2008 - No Responses
Updated at 11:45 a.m. Friday, Oct. 24: DNA results were released this morning in the Casey Anthony case. It is the latest release of evidence in the case. The information includes a report from the so-called Body Farm at the University of Tennessee as well as reports on other forensic evidence found in Casey’s car trunk and home.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1024/17794777.pdf

Among the findings:

/ Analysis of air samples from Casey’s trunk indicates decomposition “that could be of human origin” and have “an unusually large concentration of chloroform.” The report, from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, do not indicate animal decomposition. Several of the compounds in the air samples are associated with a type of decomposition found when someone is deprived of oxygen.

/ A hair found on the left side of Casey’s trunk liner “exhibits characteristics of apparent decomposition” and “is microscopically similar” to a hair from a hairbrush belonging to Caylee. DNA tests, however, could not say whether the hair came from Casey Anthony or Caylee Anthony.

/ Parts of Casey’s trunk liner and spare tire cover shows “residues of chloroform.”

/ Other hair found in the trunk did not exhibit decomposition.

/ No hair showing apparent decomposition was found on pants and skirts. Although it appears this part of the report refers to Casey’s clothes, it does not specifically say.

/ Hair found on a shovel did NOT come from either Casey or Caylee, according to a DNA test.

Hmm.....I wonder what that means about the "other" hair in the trunk.

I'm just red marking what I think Baez will red mark. The "characteristics of apparent decomposition" phrase bothers me the most. In the absense of a body, establishing death will hinge on that. I know that it probably never happens, but I wish the report had said it showed conclusively that death had occured. Probably just semantics, but I can wish!

That is what I call "tech speak".  They never say definite unless there is overwhelming evidence to the fact.  Apparent means it was there.
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #741 on: October 24, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »

[quote author=kerryjean1 link=topic=3804.msg514258#msg514258

I like LP, especially the work he's doing w/ TES but feel like he comes across as knowing a lot more than he really does. He seems to make his speculations sound like facts. JMO

Cindy stated that they had gone to do some legal guardian stuff for Caylee. The attorney asked about the father- and a name was brought up then. There also has been a few others speculated- J. Ortiz - etc. It is possible that law enforcement took the most logical name and approached whomever (or the family) of whomever to confirm it, as they should have had the paternity test results from Jesse showing the DNA from the bio father.  JMO
[/quote]

Fair enough - however, there is a REASON Lee has refused a dna test and also there is a REASON that Cindy-mom has not lashed out at the media about rumors that her son has been bonking her daughter.  IMO, that reason is because there is some truth to it all...... JMO Smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: October 24, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »

If they know the identity of the father as Baden says, that implies they have dna from the father.  The only people we know of that have submitted dna are the Anthony's.   More evidence that Lee is the baby daddy ?

IF Lee is the father, I would think that could play into the motive side of the prosecution's case.  Which means it will be discussed at some point.

I think the defence could also make a case if it is proven that Lee Anthony is the father of Caylee Marie.

However ... Cindy and George willingly took a DNA test sometime in the week of October 9th and ... Lee's DNA was taken later after a search warrant was obtained ... consider the father's DNA is required to determine paternity ...  I still cannot comprehend why Leonard Padilla was speculating in the beginning of September that Lee Anthony was the father.

Then when you consider that ... according to this report ... it was Mitochondrial DNA testing that was conducted on the strands of hair ... a type of testing that has everything to do with maternal not ... paternal.

HELP!!!

Janet

+++++++

Casey Anthony's Father To Testify Against Her In Front Of Grand Jury
POSTED: 5:56 pm EDT October 9, 2008
UPDATED: 6:29 pm EDT October 9, 2008

George and Cindy Anthony voluntarily gave up DNA samples this week so investigators could scientifically exclude either of them as the source of the hair and stain in Casey's trunk, but investigators had to get a search warrant to get Casey's brother Lee to submit to a DNA test. He also has refused to take a lie detector test for the FBI.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17680298/detail.html

New Twist In Casey Anthony Case
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Brother may be tied to case
by Rozzie Franco and Nada Taha, 540 WFLA/FNN

ORLANDO, FLA. --   The latest twist in the Casey Anthony case comes from the man who at one point gave her a “get out of jail free” card and may tie her brother, Lee Anthony, into the saga ...

Padilla said that officials ruled it was Caylee’s hair just by a process of elimination because the hair had a death ring around it and they know Casey is alive. The fact that the DNA is identical has something to do with who the father is, Padilla said.

“Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey have basically the same characteristics?
Making the preliminary DNA check not definitive as to who the hair samples are from,” he said.

http://www.540wfla.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=227698&article=4189759

Mitochondrial DNA:

Within the cell cytoplasm there are organelles called mitochondria. The mictochondria contain mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which is the type of DNA analyzed in order to identify deceased remains.  Mitochondrial DNA is inherited from the mother, not from the father.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1337.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: October 24, 2008, 12:29:31 PM »

If they know the identity of the father as Baden says, that implies they have dna from the father.  The only people we know of that have submitted dna are the Anthony's.   More evidence that Lee is the baby daddy ?

IF Lee is the father, I would think that could play into the motive side of the prosecution's case.  Which means it will be discussed at some point.

I don't think Lee is the father.
I believe they have had the father's DNA for a long time due to the DNA report Jesse supposedly handed over from the paternity test. I don't think it would have taken too much detail to see if the father was related- and I can't see that big a bombshell being kept a secret for so long

Well it hasn't really been a secret, LP said it on NG early on.  Yes they have Jesse's dna but he is NOT the father.   So if it is not Lee or George, BUT they know who it is, then they have dna from someone else - who is that ?

I like LP, especially the work he's doing w/ TES but feel like he comes across as knowing a lot more than he really does. He seems to make his speculations sound like facts. JMO

Cindy stated that they had gone to do some legal guardian stuff for Caylee. The attorney asked about the father- and a name was brought up then. There also has been a few others speculated- J. Ortiz - etc. It is possible that law enforcement took the most logical name and approached whomever (or the family) of whomever to confirm it, as they should have had the paternity test results from Jesse showing the DNA from the bio father.  JMO

When Jesse submitted his DNA for testing all the test showed was that he was not the father- there would be no way of finding out who was, just that it was not him.
Russ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #744 on: October 24, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »

Did Baden infer HE knew who the father was or that LE knows?

I thought I understood him to say that LE knows.

If he was responding about the release, and knows from the report who the father is, then he can assume LE knows as well. 
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: October 24, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »

I'm reading the FBI report and noticed under the mtDNA that one of the observations of the DNA is Hispanic. If I understand this correctly, that would mean that along the maternal line there would be someone in grandma CA's line who was hispanic.  And she hates hispanics??  Hmmmm......
Mint_Julep
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: October 24, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »

I believe they have had the father's DNA for a long time due to the DNA report Jesse supposedly handed over from the paternity test. I don't think it would have taken too much detail to see if the father was related- and I can't see that big a bombshell being kept a secret for so long

Well it hasn't really been a secret, LP said it on NG early on.  Yes they have Jesse's dna but he is NOT the father.   So if it is not Lee or George, BUT they know who it is, then they have dna from someone else - who is that ?

LE did get DNA from the young man that died in a car wreck. Also, they may have requested DNA from many of KC's "very good friends".

JMHO
MJ
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: October 24, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »

Fair enough - however, there is a REASON Lee has refused a dna test and also there is a REASON that Cindy-mom has not lashed out at the media about rumors that her son has been bonking her daughter.  IMO, that reason is because there is some truth to it all...... JMO Smile
[/quote]

Exactly!  I'm sure Cindy and George would be screaming that Lee wasn't the father. 
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #748 on: October 24, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »

On page 21 it says that 80% is consistent with a decompositional event.  There was a dead decomposing body in the trunk...not just pizza which can not give off the compounds or whatever to indicate dead decaying flesh.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: October 24, 2008, 12:31:49 PM »

DNA Results Released
Updated at 11:45 a.m. Friday, Oct. 24: DNA results were released this morning in the Casey Anthony case. It is the latest release of evidence in the case. The information includes a report from the so-called Body Farm at the University of Tennessee as well as reports on other forensic evidence found in Casey’s car trunk and home.

Among the findings:

/ Analysis of air samples from Casey’s trunk indicates decomposition “that could be of human origin” and have “an unusually large concentration of chloroform.” The report, from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, do not indicate animal decomposition. Several of the compounds in the air samples are associated with a type of decomposition found when someone is deprived of oxygen.

/ A hair found on the left side of Casey’s trunk liner “exhibits characteristics of apparent decomposition” and “is microscopically similar” to a hair from a hairbrush belonging to Caylee. DNA tests, however, could not say whether the hair came from Casey Anthony or Caylee Anthony.

/ Parts of Casey’s trunk liner and spare tire cover shows “residues of chloroform.”

/ No hair showing apparent decomposition was found on pants and skirts. Although it appears this part of the report refers to Casey’s clothes, it does not specifically say.

/ Hair found on a shovel did NOT come from either Casey or Caylee, according to a DNA test.

I'm just red marking what I think Baez will red mark. The "characteristics of apparent decomposition" phrase bothers me the most. In the absense of a body, establishing death will hinge on that. I know that it probably never happens, but I wish the report had said it showed conclusively that death had occured. Probably just semantics, but I can wish!

That is what I call "tech speak".  They never say definite unless there is overwhelming evidence to the fact.  Apparent means it was there.

I agree Lala's...... and we can't forget that we don't have the "maggot evidence " yet.....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #750 on: October 24, 2008, 12:32:17 PM »

After reading a few pages of the FBI report I understand why the defense wanted to stop testing.  There are several places they used up the specimen...therefore no further testing is available.  Hmmmmm.  I am seeing things in here that makes me a little nervous. 

If it were not for all the circumstantial evidence I think I might be a little more concerned too Lala's....hopefully I am not being blindly optimistic....I think the circumstantial evidence alone will harm her case greatly...JMO

No, no.  I didn't mean the evidence isn't good, I just meant I know why Baez was wanting to prevent further testing.  I think the main contention here is going to be the hair sample evidence since the samples were limited.  I am still reading and thinking about it all.  So far there is ample evidence to prove their point.

Baez will attempt to exclude any tests that he was not given equal opportunity to have independently tested, IMO. If the sample would have to be consumed for one test, he will not have the option to have his own expert argue his own test results.
West Coast Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #751 on: October 24, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »

When Jesse submitted his DNA for testing all the test showed was that he was not the father- there would be no way of finding out who was, just that it was not him.

Oh, thank you for letting me know.  I hadn't heard that.  One down, thousands of other potential "baby daddies" to test! 
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #752 on: October 24, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »

Just a thought, but the "oxygen deprived circumstances" could mean the trunk itself. When the lid of the trunk is closed, the oxygen would run out after a while. But I still believe the body was in some kind of bag, probably a trash bag.
I wonder where in the report that Dr. Baden is finding that the father is known.... I skimmed it earlier and I didn't see this.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
IMissThirdGrade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #753 on: October 24, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »

I'm reading the FBI report and noticed under the mtDNA that one of the observations of the DNA is Hispanic. If I understand this correctly, that would mean that along the maternal line there would be someone in grandma CA's line who was hispanic.  And she hates hispanics??  Hmmmm......

I don't think it meant that.  It has something to do with percentages of this DNA occurrence in that particular race.

hence, the conclusion (most likelihood) of it being caucasian

It's only funny til someone pokes you in the eye.
Russ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #754 on: October 24, 2008, 12:34:59 PM »

Exactly!  I'm sure Cindy and George would be screaming that Lee wasn't the father. 
[/quote]

They wouldn't refute that if they knew it would come out at the trial.  They can refute the limited evidence released at this point but parentage would be hard to deny.  There has been nothing refuted on the allegations that Lee is possibly or in Padillas' certainty that Lee is the father.  That is a damaging allegation that would open Padilla up to lawsuits imo.  Now, the female bounty hunter in the house may have also found out this information don't forget.
West Coast Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: October 24, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »

Oh, thank you for letting me know.  I hadn't heard that.  One down, thousands of other potential "baby daddies" to test! 

Oops..I thought you were responding to my Jesus O. comment, but just saw you put Jesse G.  Too many men, 1 busy murderess mom!
Mint_Julep
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: October 24, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »

DNA Results Released

Among the findings:

Unless I overlooked it, I don't see any analysis from anthing having to do with the plastic bag that had the pizza box in it. Maybe that is yet to come. It was speculated that the bag had evidence of composition on the outside of it.

JMHO
MJ
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« Reply #757 on: October 24, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »

They wouldn't refute that if they knew it would come out at the trial.  They can refute the limited evidence released at this point but parentage would be hard to deny.  There has been nothing refuted on the allegations that Lee is possibly or in Padillas' certainty that Lee is the father.  That is a damaging allegation that would open Padilla up to lawsuits imo.  Now, the female bounty hunter in the house may have also found out this information don't forget.

mmmmm hmmmmm, what Russ said....
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #758 on: October 24, 2008, 12:38:50 PM »

Everyone should read page 22 and 23 Air Sampling summary.

67% known to be associated with decomposition.
Out of 16 compounds....7 were significant HUMAN  decomp chemicals.

Casey Anthony had a decomposing HUMAN body in the trunk of her car! That is the conclusion here...it's there in black and white.  A jury will see that and hear the testimony from the people that performed the tests.
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: October 24, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »

mmmmm hmmmmm, what Russ said....

If Lee is the father, the defense will do anything to keep it from coming out in court.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.