March 29, 2024, 02:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is rich in the Obama plan for America?  (Read 1139 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 23, 2008, 01:03:12 PM »

Is it Joe the plumber?

Thursday, October 23, 2008

BARACK OBAMA

When Obama Talks About Raising Taxes on the Top Two Brackets, Who Is He Talking About?

Two days ago I wrote about a Paul Krugman column, in which he stated...

Mr. Obama proposes raising rates on only the top two income tax brackets — and the second-highest bracket for a head of household starts at an income, after deductions, of $182,400 a year.

Since posting that, I've been meaning to look at what defines the top two brackets for each different filing status. I found them for 2008 here.

If your filing status is single, you hit those top two brackets once you make more than $164,550.

If your filing status is married filing jointly, you hit those top two brackets once you and your spouse make more than $200,300.

If your filing status is married filing separately, you hit those top two brackets once you make more than $100,150.

Now, obviously, once you're in those brackets you're doing pretty well — although the cost of living varies a great deal; $200,000 buys you a very different lifestyle in Oklahoma than it does in Manhattan. I'm not sure folks in that bracket think of themselves as "rich," and I'm not sure incomes at that level fit the public perception of "rich," either. Notice all of them are well below the $250,000 number we hear endlessly thrown around by Obama and his supporters

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjY5ODlkNjI3ODllNjAzMGEzOTg5NWM4NzZlNTg1MTQ=

Also of interest is the "sliding" scale for rebates.  What is the future value of all those rebates/tax refunds/stimulus?

Whose children will pay the price?  Whose children are most likely to buy their way out of bondage?

Will future generations consider the Obama bonus worth it?  Or, will they wonder why their parents didn't bite the bullet and spend less? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.