April 20, 2024, 06:18:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #527 9/26 - 9/29/2006  (Read 118411 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: September 29, 2006, 08:00:29 AM »

Good morning.

O/T Arrest has been made in Casey Crowder Investigation.

Story posted in Missing Forum.

Everyone, have a good day.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: September 29, 2006, 08:20:20 AM »

Quote from: sandy leiva
Quote from: msmarple
From the Diario link Leslie posted above:

DEADLINE PA PERSECUSION DI SOSPECHOSONAN DEN CASO HOLLOWAY TA MITAR DI 2007

Deadline to prosecute suspects in the Holloway case:

ORANJESTAD(AAN): E deadline pa loke ta persecusion di un sospechoso, ta dos aña, despues cu e persona worde marca como sospechoso.

Oranjestad:  the deadline for prosecution of suspects is 2 years from the date the person was named as suspect.

Esaki segun vocero di Ministerio Publico Marianne Arends-Croes, den un entrevista cu DIARIO tocante di declaracionnan presidente di corte comun di Antiyas y Aruba, relaciona cu e caso di Natalee Holloway, unda cu el a bisa cu aña aki ta e deadline pa loke ta persecusion di e sospechoso of sospechosonan den e caso aki.

This according to the Minister of Public Marianne Arends Croes, in an interview with Diario after a declaration from the president of courts of the Antilles and Aruba, in relation to the case of Natalee Holloway.  The declaration is made to let others know the statute of limitations of two years has been met for the prosecution of the named suspects in this case.

Segun sra Arends-Croes, ta asina cu e fiscal mester tuma un decision dentro di dos aña, despues cu e persona a worde acusa.

LAccording to Arends Croes she assures the fiscal matter will have a decesion that must be made within 2 years of a person named as suspect.

<snip>

Does anyone know what this means? (the part in red).

Thanks for the translation sandy leiva (and I apologize for the many times I've probably misspelled "leiva" ... )

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: September 29, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »

From 9/28 Amigoe.com (English) - thanks for the link sandy. Emphasis, embellishments added by me.

OM creates a standardized system for legal summonses.

ORANJESTAD – The Openbaar Ministerie (District Attorney, OM) is currently working on a model allowing for standardized summonses, where special agents of the police will have a uniform system to register crimes and violations. Special agents do not fall under the Aruba Police Corps (KPA). They work in areas like the Department of Public Health. Whether the OM is also working on a standardized system for summonses for the “normal” police is unknown.   Laughing

This past week there were discussions regarding the registering of crimes and violations in connection with the advertised drop in criminality, an advertisement based on statistics supplied by the OM. The police union disputed these figures, claiming that the number of crimes has actually risen recently.  

The advertisement originated with the Ministry of Justice, wishing to show that criminality on Aruba has dropped. Last week the advertisement was placed in the papers on various days, showing a table of the most common crimes from 2003 through April 2006. The figures came from the OM. Spokesperson Mariaine Arends-Croes said the OM doesn’t recognize the published table, but that the figures listed on criminal statistics appear to match their own top ten. “Every year we have a top ten of punishable acts. We started this in 2003. Only the table in the advertisement is not so clear.” If the numbers have dropped because fewer crimes have actually been committed is also difficult to say, according to Arends-Croes. “Take driving without a license, the numbers can also drop because the police controlled more one year than the other.”  The chance of being caught is then higher, but that doesn’t mean that either more or fewer people were driving without their license, the spokesperson for the OM explained.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: September 29, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »

Would appreciate any translation help on these from
http://www.diario-aruba.com/2006/9/29/ (emphasis added). I am interested in violent crime incidents for the Murder & Crime thread (see my sig line). Thanks in advance.

HUEZ A KERE DEN HONESTIDAD DI DECLARACION DI ACUSADO

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Diahuebs a tuma lugar e caso den cual Benjamin Alexander I a worde acusa di a maltrata un persona usando un machete riba 6 di November 2004 y cu el a kibra kozijn di porta di un bar na San Nicolas riba 8 di Mei 2005.

E acusado a bisa huez cu e no tin abogado pa e asunto di e kozijn. Huez a bisa cu e no tin intencion di para e caso, pasobra e casonan ta di algun tempo pasa.

Abogado Bryson kende tabata representa e acusado pa loke ta e caso di maltrato, a bisa cu e lo ta dispuesto pa represente den e otro caso tambe.

HOMBER DI 79 AÑA VICTIMA DI ASALTO

ORANJESTAD.(AAN); Oficialmente mesa di redaccion a ricibi e informe relaciona cu un asalto cu violencia cu a tuma lugar den oranan di mainta den Rondweg. Aki un cuidadano di 79 aña un edad respeta a bira victima na man di tres individuo cu a maltrate.

Un di nan lo a hasi uso di un obheto pa dale den cabez pa asina horta su cartera for di dje Un abuso di otro mundo comete contra un homber di 79 aña conoci como un persona drechi respetuoso den Dakota.

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #884 on: September 29, 2006, 08:48:48 AM »

All caught up and off to the chemo suite.

Take care all.  Will check in later.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #885 on: September 29, 2006, 08:50:08 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Peaches:  Good vibrations are being sent to you.    Very Happy

Ditto Here... prayers and vibes sent your way....

GOOD MORNING Y'all  - reading back...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #886 on: September 29, 2006, 09:14:27 AM »

Jaq... if you are still around... thank you for keeping the spotlight on some of these other cases as well....

I think that it is part of Natalee's legacy that missing people are getting more coverage.... to me, she is the face for all those missing...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: September 29, 2006, 09:32:29 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: September 29, 2006, 09:54:01 AM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Aruba Cannot Accurately Report Crimes Either, ” claims that the number of crimes has actually risen recently”

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/09/29/aruba-cannot-accurately-report-crimes-either-claims-that-the-number-of-crimes-has-actually-risen-recently/

Much how many have disputed whether Aruba has properly reported their tourism numbers, now some are questioning whether crime in Aruba is being properly reported. Who is questioning the crime reports? The American International media? The Blogs? No, its the Aruban Police Union.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: September 29, 2006, 09:58:44 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Aruba Cannot Accurately Report Crimes Either, ” claims that the number of crimes has actually risen recently”

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/09/29/aruba-cannot-accurately-report-crimes-either-claims-that-the-number-of-crimes-has-actually-risen-recently/

Much how many have disputed whether Aruba has properly reported their tourism numbers, now some are questioning whether crime in Aruba is being properly reported. Who is questioning the crime reports? The American International media? The Blogs? No, its the Aruban Police Union.

Uh - WE are ... whole point of the Murder & Crime thread (see my sig line). (I posted this story about a hour ago ...  Laughing  scooped Red ??? )

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: September 29, 2006, 10:10:54 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Uh - WE are ... whole point of the Murder & Crime thread (see my sig line). (I posted this story about a hour ago ...  Laughing  scooped Red ??? )

LOL - Red probably just hadn't had his coffee yet..ha ha.   Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: September 29, 2006, 10:23:43 AM »

This just posted by Arubaanse on the front page:

I am so going to watch the show today! they are going to repeat it! I am going to let my roommate watch it! I am going to force him! I am so happy to see the dutch finally open their eyes!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: September 29, 2006, 10:31:13 AM »

Excellent FP post by Arubaanse:

You know, if only the aruban people can put their pride aside. Like Beth said, you know, arubans need to open their eyes, the dutch did it now. ALE and the arubans need to put pride aside and admit that what we did to this poor lady is SO WRONG!!
We want to blame everybody else, except ourselves and that is not the way to solve the problem. I admitted that I didn’t wanted to hear that we are the ones to blame, I defended aruba and the dutch system all the way. You know, when you believe in something and you want to believe that that is the truth and when you finally take off the “wooden glasses” and you finally see the truth…man, it hurts like hell but feels good at the end.
I think ALE need to accept that they are not compitent to do this job and they should have let the FBI or Holland take over this case from the start but no, they want to do it themselves and to tell a mother go to CnC and have a drink and relax, she is coming back with drugaddicts?? That person should never work again. What kind of mentality is that?? It doesn’t matter that it has happened before that a tourist goes missing for a couple of days and then comes back ok, that does not give you the right to think that this is the same case. You should take all reports seriously, that is your job!
Arubans who think that Beth is the bad person in this story are sick in their minds and not only arubans but also Americans who think that Beth is the one to blame are sicko cuz I knew americans talk spoke nothing good about Natalee and that is just wrong!! And Nel, you could have done alot and you did nothing.

That’s it in the future i am going to start my own political party!!!

And what the heck is Joran doing in Aruba right now?? Shouldn’t he be going to school here?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: September 29, 2006, 10:32:59 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Good morning Monkeys!

San, thanks so much for the transcription. I am telepathically sending you homemade warm chocolate chip cookies for your morning coffee Very Happy Or, in honor of our Dutch guests -- a few stroopwaffles. Trust me -- you'll LOVE them Very Happy

And I'm still feeling optimistic about Beth's interview in the Netherlands -- and the heartfelt comments by the Dutch posters on the FP.

I personally have loved all my trips to The Netherlands -- and all the warm, family oriented people I have met there. I KNEW they would be enraged if they knew the truth. I didn't realize that they were hearing nothing -- or just the lies.

Thank you Mr Jennsen (sp?) -- and the 'everyday' people in the Netherlands. What can we do to help you help Beth? You have the power -- demand answers and demand proper investigation. No parent should have to live in this agony of lies as to what happened to their child. It could have happened to anyone. And still can. And he's in your country now. And up to his 'normal' predatory ways. Protect your children.

READ THE TRANSCRIPTS OF ALL 22 'STORIES'

Thank you Scared Monkeys.

Thanks I just got them Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: September 29, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »

Arubaanse says that the JENSEN show will be repeating at about 5:40pm Holland time.  Which I think is in about an hour!  Wink
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: September 29, 2006, 10:38:34 AM »

Klaas is Beth going to be on Nancy Grace tonight?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: September 29, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Klaas is Beth going to be on Nancy Grace tonight?

Not sure...I'll see if I can find out.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: September 29, 2006, 11:21:10 AM »

There is a little battle of information going on at RU and FOB.  MF is claiming that everyone knows that Satish picked up Joran that night.  Scubajap is saying he spoke to Deepak last week and that is NOT true.  Scubajap says the only one saying Satish picked up Joran is Joran.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: September 29, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

Excellent FP post by Arubaanse:

<snip>
And what the heck is Joran doing in Aruba right now?? Shouldn’t he be going to school here? [/b][/color]

Joran should have plenty of time to update his Zorpia site now!  Hee Hee!

I wonder if he's planning on venturing out to the clubs tonight!? The dog murdering, psychopathic goon better stay home with Mommy and pat her head & give her "thick kisses."  I'll never understand how a young girl can feel safe & enjoy being with a creepy, splotchy red, lip-licking, darty eyed, pimple faced kid who is the main suspect of the kidnapping, rape & murder of another young girl!!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: September 29, 2006, 11:29:50 AM »

There is a little battle of information going on at RU and FOB.  MF is claiming that everyone knows that Satish picked up Joran that night.  Scubajap is saying he spoke to Deepak last week and that is NOT true.  Scubajap says the only one saying Satish picked up Joran is Joran.

On record we have only heard Joran say Satish picked him up.  In my opinion Joran doesn't have a leg to stand on with that statement because he said it on an American news program months after his release.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.