March 29, 2024, 02:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul urges Americans to reject two-party system  (Read 2421 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 23, 2008, 01:21:26 PM »

Ron Paul urges Americans to reject two-party system

Champion of small government politics and Libertarian-leaning Republican Ron Paul is begging for Americans to finally begin rejecting the two-party system that currently envelopes the American political process and instead embrace one of the third-party candidates for president of the United States in 2008.

Paul, the only Republican in his party’s primaries to oppose the War in Iraq and what he calls nation-building in the middle east, abandoned his bid for the White House several months ago as John McCain ran away with the nomination.  Now, he is using his time to urge Americans to push away both Republicans and Democrats and start focusing on third parties that may institute actual change to our system of government.

“The strongest message can be sent by rejecting the two party system,” Paul said in a statement. “This can be accomplished by voting for one of the non-establishment, principled candidates.”   Third party candidates Chuck Baldwin (Constitution Party), Bob Barr (Libertarian Party) and Cynthia McKinney (Green Party) were invited to join Dr. Paul during the conference.

http://www.smallgovtimes.com/2008/09/ron-paul-urges-americans-to-reject-two-party-system/

Maybe...change you can believe in!  Make the big get along with everyone. 

What can't unifying the nation include cooperation?  Cooperation among three or more political parties?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »

I've met and spent several hours with Cynthia McKinney, in a word she's "unbalanced" at best.

However, I do agree with Paul that we began our path to heck in a handbasket when we allowed the two-party system to rule. Turning that around would take a grassroots voting effort it's entirely too late to launch now.

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:21:15 AM »

I'm ready for another party as well, but, like none, I'd like to see it spring up from the public, and I'd have a primary objective of "taxation without representation", and providing a watchdog role for unnecessary government spending. If we don't do something about the deficit, this country will be bought by foreign entities by default.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »

I am still not sure how I feel about doing away with the 2 party system but I do think it is time to do away with the electoral college.
I know that would take a constitutional amendment. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 04:46:51 PM »

Some history -

Theodore Roosevelt, a former Republican, formed the Progressive Party (also known as the Bull Moose Party). Progressives supported women's suffrage, environmental conservation, and the concepts of initiative, referendum, and recall.

After capturing 19 percent of the popular vote in the 1992 presidential election, H. Ross Perot formed the Reform Party. Still active today, Reformists seek to limit the power of special interest groups and return political power back to the people. In 1996, Perot again ran for president, but lost. In 1998, by winning the Minnesota gubernatorial race, Jesse Ventura became the first Reform candidate to win an election.

http://www.edgate.com/elections/inactive/the_parties/

http://www.historyguy.com/party_histories.html

http://americanhistory.about.com/od/politicalparties/The_History_of_Political_Parties.htm

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.