March 28, 2024, 09:38:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #50  (Read 305945 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »

I have a question hopefully someone can answer.
If they only had Caylee's DNA,and IF Lee was the father,could they tell that just from Caylee's DNA?

Hi Karma

Dr. Baden did specify that forensic DNA testing of the strands of hair could determine the paternity but ... according to the released report ... only Mitochondrial DNA testing was conducted.  Mitochondrial DNA testing  does not reveal anything about the paternity ...

However ... if DNA testing went further than Mitochondrial ... the paternity could be confirmed but ... it is my understanding ... the father's DNA would be required.  Consider the Lee Anthony's DNA was only taken not even a couple of weeks ago ...

Janet

+++++++++

On the Record w/ Greta
Caylee Search: Psychics, Jail Visits Refused, 'Body Farm' Techniques
Tuesday, August 12, 2008

VAN SUSTEREN: Did Casey Anthony's car trunk carry a dead body? Both detectives and Casey's mother, Cindy, say they noticed an odor coming from that trunk that they seemed to be -- that of a decomposing body, is what they said. Well, right now, anthropologists from the University of Tennessee's facility known as "the body farm" are testing air samples from the car's trunk. What can the tests prove?

Joining us live is forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden. Dr. Baden, can they take an air sample from the trunk and determine whether or not there had been a body decomposing in that truck?

DR. MICHAEL BADEN, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: Yes, because after we die and the bacteria proliferate in our body and start breaking down our muscles and our fat and organs, vapors, gases, are formed with beautiful names like cadaverine (ph) and putrescine (ph) that are a particular structure that are easily picked up in the toxicology lab if they're collected from the area, the air that the body was in. And if there was a dead body in the trunk of the car and they collected the air sample, they should be able to find those chemicals.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, this timeline begins probably sometime July -- June 15 is Father's Day.

BADEN: Right.

Watch Greta's interview with Dr. Baden

VAN SUSTEREN: June 16 is the last day that the grandfather saw that child, and it isn't until July 15 that the police are called. Let's say hypothetically that a body that began decomposing as soon as the 16th...

BADEN: Right.

VAN SUSTEREN: ... Were placed in that trunk, if you examined the truck now on August whatever this is, 11, would you still -- would the test still be as effective?

QUESTION: It would not be as effective now as it was when the cadaver dog alerted to it and the detective and the grandma said they smelled the decomposition. There was also some stains there. See, the air will dissipate over time, whereas the stain that was there would still be there. And if it were decomposition fluid or blood, that can be identified. And that's better than just the odor because you can do DNA on a stain and see if it came from Casey (SIC).

VAN SUSTEREN: I suppose...

BADEN: Or the baby.

VAN SUSTEREN: I supposed that it wouldn't necessarily be that either one would necessarily be conclusive, but it's sort of the combination would certainly be more persuasive than standing alone.

BADEN: Yes. Yes. And the stain could tell you DNA. The hair -- remember, there was hair there. The hair has DNA.

VAN SUSTEREN: And can also tell whether someone had been dead or not, the hair.

BADEN: That's right. The hair can tell you who the daddy is, as well as the baby, and also whether it came from a dead person or a living person.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, Dr. Baden. Thank you, sir.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402098,00.html

Casey Anthony's Father To Testify Against Her In Front Of Grand Jury
POSTED: 5:56 pm EDT October 9, 2008
UPDATED: 6:29 pm EDT October 9, 2008

George and Cindy Anthony voluntarily gave up DNA samples this week so investigators could scientifically exclude either of them as the source of the hair and stain in Casey's trunk, but investigators had to get a search warrant to get Casey's brother Lee to submit to a DNA test. He also has refused to take a lie detector test for the FBI.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17680298/detail.html

Mitochondrial DNA:

Within the cell cytoplasm there are organelles called mitochondria. The mictochondria contain mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which is the type of DNA analyzed in order to identify deceased remains.  Mitochondrial DNA is inherited from the mother, not from the father.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1337.html
Thank you Janet.
I know that MDNA is directly related to the Mother but I was asking about just regular DNA.Russ posted that they could tell IF Lee was the Father just using Caylee's DNA.

Not without Lee's DNA ... according to my "know it all" niece with a science degree.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »

If George cleaned the trunk of the car and Cindy washed the clothes that were in it,why has LE not done something about it? I would imagine this could be proven as far as the timeline goes.The car stunk at the two yard,it was taken home to the A'S,put in the garage,and evidence disappears.I am beginning to think that there is a real cover-up going on but can't figure out why they are not being charged with a crime.LE made a statement that they thought George knows alot about alot of things.It seem's to be an implication to cover-up?Maybe this is why the A's are defending her like mad..We really need the answer to when the search for Chloroform happened.It seem's if it was before Caylee went missing,we'd be here but if it was after,they would be arrested.What's the penalty for covering up a murder?If George cleaned the car,he knew Caylee was dead so therefore,he could have retrieved the body later with Lee's help and really got rid of it!This whole thing is mind boggling..

I guess we're to believe that George is the only former cop with no experience around a dead body or crime scene and Cindy is the only nurse that doesn't know what human decomposition smells like.

when you just accept that - it's all so much easier to understand how unjustly they have been treated by everyone - especially me. 

So what,LE is going to play blind to all this Rob? It's maddening! It's why Casey isn't talking,and the Anthony's are defending her like crazy! It's the only thing that makes any sense to me but I don't understand why LE isn't doing something about it..

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2008, 07:03:27 PM »

If George cleaned the trunk of the car and Cindy washed the clothes that were in it,why has LE not done something about it? I would imagine this could be proven as far as the timeline goes.The car stunk at the two yard,it was taken home to the A'S,put in the garage,and evidence disappears.I am beginning to think that there is a real cover-up going on but can't figure out why they are not being charged with a crime.LE made a statement that they thought George knows alot about alot of things.It seem's to be an implication to cover-up?Maybe this is why the A's are defending her like mad..We really need the answer to when the search for Chloroform happened.It seem's if it was before Caylee went missing,we'd be here but if it was after,they would be arrested.What's the penalty for covering up a murder?If George cleaned the car,he knew Caylee was dead so therefore,he could have retrieved the body later with Lee's help and really got rid of it!This whole thing is mind boggling..

I guess we're to believe that George is the only former cop with no experience around a dead body or crime scene and Cindy is the only nurse that doesn't know what human decomposition smells like.

when you just accept that - it's all so much easier to understand how unjustly they have been treated by everyone - especially me. 

Sorry, I don't drink the Anthony Kool-Aid either.

There is no way that G or C didn't know the smell of death.

Mammy I understand all this.It's the LE not doing something about that is chapping my hind-end so bad.Will they ignore it?

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2008, 07:03:49 PM »

It is said "God works in mysterious ways"

Re: the area where the sock monkey was found: Has it really, really been thoroughly searched?

Keep up all the Good Works and dedication, Good Monkeys!

Hi IBE - good to see you!

Thank you! I am usually here, but sometimes as a "Guest"... Hello to all the Monkey Family from the past and to our new members and guests! Welcome   We are a really neat family.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2008, 07:07:48 PM »

If there was a real Zanny, the A family could sue for loss of affection, and something to do with Caylee not being able to provide money for herself, can't remember the name of that.  But of course, they would have to admit Caylee is gone. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »

Can someone please post the link to Murt? I seem to have lost it TYIA

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/murtwitnessone-live

I also flipped the image:

Sure looks like a sock monkey to me!

Murt has it labeled Curious George Monkey.

Curious George:

Sock Monkey:

You decide Wink

mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2008, 07:09:50 PM »

Mammy I understand all this.It's the LE not doing something about that is chapping my hind-end so bad.Will they ignore it?

I wished that I understood that too.  IMO, it wouldn't surprise me if they are waiting for tests or locating the body.  Of course the latter may tell them much needed info as to who helped with the disposal, if anyone did.  Hopefully when they find Caylee, she isn't so decomposed that LE can't find out the info they need.  I think we will just have to wait to see what they find. 

"chapping my hind-end"....  You gave me a laugh!  I haven't heard that for years.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »

Re: the area where the sock monkey was found: Has it really, really been thoroughly searched?

Thank you! I am usually here, but sometimes as a "Guest"... Hello to all the Monkey Family from the past and to our new members and guests! Welcome   We are a really neat family.

A disfunctional family at times but ... a family nevertheless.

HI IBE.

I am off to dinner at my daughter's home in the Upper Fraser Valley ... a 45 minute drive away.  Hubby has been working out on our property all day while I have vegged most of the day in front of the computer.  He just stated that I have to drive while he takes a nap.

I like reading and ... listening the the oldies but ... goodies.

GOOD NIGHT/AFTERNOON MONKEYS!!!

Janet
4:10 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

A disfunctional family at times but ... a family nevertheless.

HI IBE.

I am off to dinner at my daughter's home in the Upper Fraser Valley ... a 45 minute drive away.  Hubby has been working out on our property all day while I have vegged most of the day in front of the computer.  He just stated that I have to drive while he takes a nap.

I like reading and ... listening the the oldies but ... goodies.

GOOD NIGHT/AFTERNOON MONKEYS!!!

Janet
4:10 PM PT
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Janet, safe trip,good dinner.

txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »

I have a question hopefully someone can answer.
If they only had Caylee's DNA,and IF Lee was the father,could they tell that just from Caylee's DNA?

Absolutely.  As said by Haden, and many others, the father is known by LE.  Who knows.

DNA markers, maybe?

Lisa
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2008, 07:14:05 PM »

A duh time. I can't find the last thread where I am 30 pages behind. Help TIA

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »

Hey OSUcowboy - where do you live in Tulsa???? 

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2008, 07:15:45 PM »

Janet wrote:

Karma ... I read the released forensic report and ... ONLY mitochondrial DNA testing was done on the strands of hair ... mitochondrial DNA testing that does not reveal paternity.

Lee Anthony's DNA was just taken in the past couple of weeks.  According to my know-it-all niece (LOL) who possess a science degree Lee Anthony's DNA would be required to confirm or exclude paternity through further DNA testing.

Yet ... Leonard Padilla was speculating in the beginning of September that Lee Anthony could possibly be Caylee father while describing mitochondrial DNA.  I do not get it.

Other than Leonard Padilla's words in the following article and ... the dialogue on  internet forums ... as far as I know ... no other media/ official/ family source has ever touched this issue.

Without any credible source ... LE release/Family ... which reveals that Caylee Marie was the result of an incestuous relationship between Lee and Casey ... out of respect for Caylee Marie I will not go there
Janet

I'm kinda offended that you and a few others think it's being desrespectful if some on here(including myself)discuss who could be Caylee's Father.
I sure do not have any disrespect or ill thoughts,feelings or opinions of Caylee.My God,she was just a child,a sweet little baby.If you don't want to discuss that aspect of this case and don't like the opinions I have then please,just skip on past my posts.Or if Klaas says we are not to discuss that side of this case then I will abide by what she says.
I live in reality and one of the possible realities of this case is that Lee or another family could be Caylee's Father.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Russ answered my question which was:
If they took DNA from Caylee's hair sample could they tell IF Lee is the Father with only Caylee's DNA.
Russ said yes.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »

I wished that I understood that too.  IMO, it wouldn't surprise me if they are waiting for tests or locating the body.  Of course the latter may tell them much needed info as to who helped with the disposal, if anyone did.  Hopefully when they find Caylee, she isn't so decomposed that LE can't find out the info they need.  I think we will just have to wait to see what they find. 

"chapping my hind-end"....  You gave me a laugh!  I haven't heard that for years.

You know Mammy,I am heart broken now.:(Lee taking lights out of the garage,now this..It's adding up to never finding little Caylee.George would know how exactly to rid themselves of ever finding her..I'm just so blasted sad..SadSadSad
Goodnight sweet monkeys...

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2008, 07:18:42 PM »

You know Mammy,I am heart broken now.:(Lee taking lights out of the garage,now this..It's adding up to never finding little Caylee.George would know how exactly to rid themselves of ever finding her..I'm just so blasted sad..SadSadSad
Goodnight sweet monkeys...

Goodnight Tater

mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2008, 07:20:05 PM »

Goodnight Tater! Sweet Dreams!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2008, 07:22:07 PM »

A duh time. I can't find the last thread where I am 30 pages behind. Help TIA

IBE - I created an archives area in this forum so I could keep all the Caylee discussion threads in one place:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=42.0
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »

Good night, Tater, sweet dreams!

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2008, 07:24:25 PM »

Karma wrote:
Thank you Janet.
I know that MDNA is directly related to the Mother but I was asking about just regular DNA.Russ posted that they could tell IF Lee was the Father just using Caylee's DNA.

Janet wrote:
Not without Lee's DNA ... according to my "know it all" niece with a science degree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess someone is wrong here then.I'll look for the answer myself.

Janet

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2008, 07:25:03 PM »

Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.