April 19, 2024, 06:44:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother admits beating daughter(Alejandra Vazquezto) to death with mop  (Read 3566 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 27, 2008, 10:28:02 AM »

Mother admits beating daughter to death with mop
Oct 27, 9:51 AM EDT
 NEW YORK (AP) -- Police say a woman has admitted she beat her 11-year-old daughter with a mop handle and left her to die in bed in her New York City apartment.

Detectives say a woman told them she hit the girl so hard on the head that the mop handle shattered.

The child was found dead Sunday in the family's apartment in Brooklyn.

Officials say the 36-year-old mother and her boyfriend - father of two of her other children - called 911 after a witness saw the girl lying motionless.

The city's child welfare agency is investigating and authorities say charges against the couple are pending.

Police say the woman told them she despised everything linked to her ex-husband in Mexico, including their daughter who died.

---
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GIRL_BEATEN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:16:58 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »

Crap it makes me wonder why did she not just let the ex have the child or give it up to someone who would love it. I do know there are folks in this country who still adopt older children. It makes me ill.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 06:17:46 PM »

Mom who beat 11-year-old daughter with mop handle beat older girl, too

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 4:00 AM

The Brooklyn mom who admitted beating her 11-year-old daughter to death with a mop handle also abused the girl's older sister - and tried to make her work for a living, law enforcement sources said Monday.

Florencia Vazquez, who told detectives the fatal blows she delivered to her daughter Alejandra were so hard the mop's wooden handle snapped in two, was charged with murder and her boyfriend with manslaughter last night.

Vazquez also admitted beating the dead girl's 14-year-old sister, Imelda. Last year, the older girl was sent from her father's home in Mexico to her mother's cramped East New York apartment, which Vazquez, 36, shared with her boyfriend, Andres Pavon-Balderas, 28, who fathered two of her other three children.

Almost immediately, Vazquez began to abuse Imelda and forbade her from attending school, the sources said.

"They argued and the mother beat this 14-year-old girl and pulled out her hair," a police source said.

The Administration for Children's Services filed a neglect petition against Vazquez in January. It was unclear if the agency knew of the abuse.

A Brooklyn Family Court judge removed Imelda from her mother's home, but the judge and ACS were not aware the three other children - ages 6, 3, and 1 - lived in the Atlantic Ave. apartment at the time, sources said. Alejandra arrived last month.

It was not clear if those children had been abused, officials said. They are in foster care.

During her confession to 75th Precinct detectives, Vazquez said she singled out Imelda and Alejandra for abuse because she "despised everything connected to her ex-husband" in Mexico, a police source said.

An ACS spokeswoman said the agency is investigating the incident but declined further comment. A disposition in the neglect case was scheduled for December, officials said.

Alejandra's lifeless body was found in her bed Sunday, almost two full days after Vazquez savagely hit her with the mop handle, officials said.

Though she took the time to repair the broken handle, Vazquez ignored her daughter's whimpers and only dialed 911 when a man who rented a room in the couple's apartment saw the girl's battered body.

Vazquez and Pavon-Balderas originally told cops her daughter suffered the bruises in a street fight with other teens, sources said.

The medical examiner ruled the cause of death was child abuse syndrome and that Alejandra suffered blunt impact injury to her head, torso and extremities. She also had older wounds in various stages of healing, the medical examiner said.

Neighbors were stunned.

"Oh my God, how can you do that to your own kid?" said Annibel Hensen, 24. "I was shocked ... they seemed like a normal family."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/10/28/2008-10-28_mom_who_beat_11yearold_daughter_with_mop.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »

Ma charged in vicious mop-handle slay of 11-year-old daughter

Updated Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 7:52 AM

The Brooklyn mom accused of beating her 11-year-old daughter to death with a mop handle was charged with murder Monday night, and her boyfriend was arrested for manslaughter.

"I didn't kill her!" Florencia Vazquez yelled in Spanish as the two suspects were led out of the 75th Precinct late Monday night.

Boyfriend Andres Pavon-Balderas looked stunned and managed only a "yes" when asked if he was innocent.

RELATED: BROOKLYN MOM BEATS DAUGHTER TO DEATH
Cops said Vazquez, 36, admitted breaking the mop handle over daughter Alejandra and also told detectives she abused the girl's older sister, law enforcement sources said.

Alejandra was sent from her father's home in Mexico to live with her mother last month. Her older sister, Imelda, 14, had already been removed by child welfare services from their East New York apartment Vazquez shared with Pavon-Balderas, 28.

Vazquez abused Imelda, forbidding her from going to school and trying to force her to work, the sources said. "They argued and the mother beat this 14-year-old girl and pulled out her hair," a police source said.

The city Administration for Children's Services filed a neglect petition against Vazquez in January. It was unclear if the agency knew of the abuse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/10/28/2008-10-28_ma_charged_in_vicious_mophandle_slay_of_.html

child victim Alejandra Vazquez

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 03:05:31 AM »

Ma charged in vicious mop-handle slay of 11-year-old daughter

Updated Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 7:52 AM

The Brooklyn mom accused of beating her 11-year-old daughter to death with a mop handle was charged with murder Monday night, and her boyfriend was arrested for manslaughter.

"I didn't kill her!" Florencia Vazquez yelled in Spanish as the two suspects were led out of the 75th Precinct late Monday night.

Boyfriend Andres Pavon-Balderas looked stunned and managed only a "yes" when asked if he was innocent.

RELATED: BROOKLYN MOM BEATS DAUGHTER TO DEATH
Cops said Vazquez, 36, admitted breaking the mop handle over daughter Alejandra and also told detectives she abused the girl's older sister, law enforcement sources said.

Alejandra was sent from her father's home in Mexico to live with her mother last month. Her older sister, Imelda, 14, had already been removed by child welfare services from their East New York apartment Vazquez shared with Pavon-Balderas, 28.

Vazquez abused Imelda, forbidding her from going to school and trying to force her to work, the sources said. "They argued and the mother beat this 14-year-old girl and pulled out her hair," a police source said.

The city Administration for Children's Services filed a neglect petition against Vazquez in January. It was unclear if the agency knew of the abuse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/10/28/2008-10-28_ma_charged_in_vicious_mophandle_slay_of_.html

child victim Alejandra Vazquez

Mamma says I did not kill her with the MOP ...
That baby girl in that photo is a skeleton ... Her Mamma didnt feed her, Nuture her, Love her ...she was slowly dieing and all it took was the Stick of the Mop to take her out.
My God how did Mother treat the trash can outside?

This is what I know - Alejandra has been and is surrounded by Angels and they will ~ Hold her and keep her and Love Her.
The Angels too will Take unto their own place within in Mamma's Life. I cannot say Mother of Alejandra, because no Mother in her right mind would ever ever treat her own baby this way never. She does not deserve to be called Mother.
Every Time she finds happiness or prosperity ...it will soon turn sour. She will still relish it because a person like her has very low expectations within her own needs and life.

Alejandra what a Beautiful Girl ~ a precious Girl
She is now a Angel Guide ~ she was taken for no reason and she was taken by her own Mother .....
That little Girl she is valuable. She was someone. She had Wishes and Hopes.
Alejandra had a will to live even though her Mother didnt feed her, care for her, abused her body and spirit.
I am not going to type what I am expected to type  - that this is a travesty and etc.

I am going to fore go that - and Just think of Alejandra

Wish her spirit to be free, healthy, fed and content with all she represented in Life.

Every time a child is removed from our planet  I believe they become angels
My thoughts

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.