April 30, 2024, 10:13:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #51  (Read 301815 times)
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #640 on: October 28, 2008, 08:28:01 AM »

Can someone please explain to me why a plea is entered?  She is being tried for murder, a plea seems redundant to me.  What is the purpose of doing this and what does it mean when the judge accepts her plea?  TIA

Hi, Dolce... I think the judge gives everyone a chance to plead guilty or not guilty in any case... even for a traffic violation. Pleading not guilty just means there will be a trial, and the defendant is hoping for an acquittal. If she pled guilty, there would be no need for a trial... she admitted her guilt, and waived the trial. She would then be sentenced and go straight to prison. It's a formality and common in any case. Nearly everyone pleads not guilty. They prefer to take their chances with a trial and hope their lawyer is good enough to get them acquitted. 
Btw... "not guilty" does not mean innocent. It just means the prosecution did not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: October 28, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »

Good evening all, Mark Klaas has really gotten on my last nerve tonight! I don't believe that the OCSO & Tim Miller would do anything that would jeopardize the investigation. There will not be 8000 people in one area. If they have that large amount of searchers then more areas can be searched that are of interest. I just don't like the way he went off about the search! And i trust that Tim will do whatever is humanly possible to ensure these searches are successful. JMO

Good morning! I felt the same way. Even if a full 8000 people show up there will be experienced team leaders to guide and instruct the volunteers, and they will be sent to various locations, not all will be tromping around in the same place! Tim is good at organizing, and he will make sure that evidence is not lost or mishandled. I respect Mr. Klaas but I have to say he had no business discouraging people who really want to help. Caylee needs to be found! He should respect that. If I lived closer to FL I would go and search myself. I appreciate anyone who does!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: October 28, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »

Good evening all, Mark Klaas has really gotten on my last nerve tonight! I don't believe that the OCSO & Tim Miller would do anything that would jeopardize the investigation. There will not be 8000 people in one area. If they have that large amount of searchers then more areas can be searched that are of interest. I just don't like the way he went off about the search! And i trust that Tim will do whatever is humanly possible to ensure these searches are successful. JMO

Good morning! I felt the same way. Even if a full 8000 people show up there will be experienced team leaders to guide and instruct the volunteers, and they will be sent to various locations, not all will be tromping around in the same place! Tim is good at organizing, and he will make sure that evidence is not lost or mishandled. I respect Mr. Klaas but I have to say he had no business discouraging people who really want to help. Caylee needs to be found! He should respect that. If I lived closer to FL I would go and search myself. I appreciate anyone who does!

Good Morning Txlady, so would I!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #643 on: October 28, 2008, 08:49:50 AM »

Hi Monkeys. I've been away for a few days. Had to take a break after the forensic stuff was released. What's new?

I remember you, Caylee.
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #644 on: October 28, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »

didn't Cindy's brother Rick get married for the second time? So perhaps he has a son??
[/color]

Big BUMP    I'm so far behind.

I think the cop (inset) Tony R. and this guy have the same identical teeth

PJ flower

I forgot the picture

PJ
 flower

OMG!!! That looks like the same person!!! Not just the teeth, but the smile, the little goatee... everything!!! Can anyone else see it??? They are almost identical!

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: October 28, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »

Hi Monkeys. I've been away for a few days. Had to take a break after the forensic stuff was released. What's new?

Morning Goodnmad, Have you seen LP from NG last night? 8000 searchers possible & 2 cans of deodorant found in target bag in area of interest!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: October 28, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »

Morning Goodnmad, Have you seen LP from NG last night? 8000 searchers possible & 2 cans of deodorant found in target bag in area of interest!

Hey there Monken. I only caught a few minutes of NG, but funny enough that was the part I caught. Nancy shut right up and said excellent point Leonard. Wow. That's a lot of searchers! It just seems like Nov. 8 can't get here soon enough.

Can someone please make me feel better about the forensic reports released last week? I went through them but felt disheartened. Does some other monkey have a better grasp of what they really mean? Please tell me they will be enough if her little body is not found.

I remember you, Caylee.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: October 28, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »

didn't Cindy's brother Rick get married for the second time? So perhaps he has a son??
[/color]

PJ flower

I forgot the picture

PJ
 flower

Good Morning Monks....and WELCOME to any new Monks!  WOW...PJ I am so glad I decided to start where I left off yesterday....do my eyes deceive me this morning or are both pictures of the same guy? If not they have to be closely related...brothers??  I am anxious to read ahead now!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #648 on: October 28, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »

Mark Klaas is concerned about TES sending out 8000 untrained searchers out to trample any evidence.   Leonard said they have very specific place to search per, timeline and her 700 calls in a two week period! 

700 calls!!!!  8000 searchers!!!!!    Wow!

I was disappointed in Mark Klaas and what he was saying about that many volunteers were going. He said they are untrained and yadda yadda. I was telling my husband on the commercial that they have people (fire fighters, law enforcement etc. ) to lead the untrained.  How else do they expect to find Caylee? ... lots of volunteers and people complaining.... no volunteers people complain. I think that everyone going to help out should be commended for their efforts.

Mags I think from time to time we all get disappointed in people we think they are discouraging or not doing all the can.

I try to remember - they're just human... just like me and you.

I can't tell you how many times I have been disappointed during the last 41 months of Natalee's case. Most of us don't even allow ourselves to even get a glimmer of hope anymore.

Maybe it's pessimism, maybe we have been down that road too many times, maybe it's just that even we have lost some hope...

but people like Tim Miller and Mark Klaas surely do their best.

I try to remember they are only human. It helps.

I totally agree Rob.   He's been through a similar pain, so cannot condemn him.  It's HIS perception ONLY.   As our is here......

I agree with you both... to a point. But having lost someone and going through the pain of that loss does not ensure a person immunity from any other type of hurt or pain. If you want to give him a pass because he lost a daughter.. that's fine. No one is condemning him... just saying he was wrong for trying to discourage the search. He lost his daughter... that does not make him a saint, nor does it make every word he says GOLD!
OCSO has limited resources... they have already spent thousands of dollars on this case. If 8000 volunteers want to search and they end up finding Caylee's remains, then that is a GOOD thing!

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: October 28, 2008, 09:12:52 AM »

Pooky,  nobody was very positive about the "lack" of forensics.  This sounds like they are finally admitting the "proof" of death and how much forensics WERE found, unlike all that was being stated last week.

Goodnmad, this is from last night!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: October 28, 2008, 09:18:32 AM »

NG is going over the Jennifer Hudson's family case.   Very sad.

But at the beginning she stated at the beginning of show,  the FBI forensics are conclusive, no questions Caylee is dead and/or died in that car.  There were hair of Caylee's that did not have the death ring and one (some) did.  Her question was,  did Casey put her in the car alive and Casey died in the car?

Curious why the change in the opinion of questioning the evidence.  Can't wait to see!

That was just the opening, so no more discussion yet.  Wonder who she'll have on tonight...

Thanks Dihannah - I was gone for a bit and missed the beginning of NG 

I'm excited what is said about this now.  Last week it wasn't too positive.  She must have talked to an expert to change her view.

Goodnmad, if you look back to pg. 14 or 15 there is the discussion about the forensics, it may answer some of your questions.

Phaedrus
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #651 on: October 28, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »

PADILLA: I`m more interested in the two cans of deodorant that were found wrapped up in a cold shopping bag inside of a Target bag. And.

GRACE: Why, may I ask, are you more interested in two cans of deodorant?

PADILLA: Because there -- to deodorize the trunk in the car.

GRACE: Excellent point, excellent point.

PADILLA: And they were found basically where she would have been commuting to and from her home and Tony`s house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/27/ng.01.html

also here http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3584.20

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: October 28, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »

NG is going over the Jennifer Hudson's family case.   Very sad.

But at the beginning she stated at the beginning of show,  the FBI forensics are conclusive, no questions Caylee is dead and/or died in that car.  There were hair of Caylee's that did not have the death ring and one (some) did.  Her question was,  did Casey put her in the car alive and Casey died in the car?

Curious why the change in the opinion of questioning the evidence.  Can't wait to see!

That was just the opening, so no more discussion yet.  Wonder who she'll have on tonight...

Thanks Dihannah - I was gone for a bit and missed the beginning of NG 

I'm excited what is said about this now.  Last week it wasn't too positive.  She must have talked to an expert to change her view.

Goodnmad, if you look back to pg. 14 or 15 there is the discussion about the forensics, it may answer some of your questions.

Thank you Monken. I'll look back. 

I remember you, Caylee.
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #653 on: October 28, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »

Two cans of deodorant wrapped in a Kohls bag within a Target Bag.  Unless she wore gloves they should get fingerprints.  Not too many people use spray deodorant these days (I don't think).  I wonder if she sprayed it on her clothes before going into Tony's car?

MaryMary, how is this connected to Casey?  Or is it?

Padilla brought it up on NG tonight, he said I am more concerned with the two cans of Deodorant that was found between Amscott and Tony's house wrapped in a Kohls bag within a Target bag.  He insinuated it was to spray in the trunk. 

Don't you think he might have meant air freshener? As in Lysol or Febreze? There are many types of spray air deodorizers out there. Lysol actually eliminates odors, doesn't just cover them up, and I think Oust is another one that does the same thing.

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: October 28, 2008, 09:30:40 AM »

Two cans of deodorant wrapped in a Kohls bag within a Target Bag.  Unless she wore gloves they should get fingerprints.  Not too many people use spray deodorant these days (I don't think).  I wonder if she sprayed it on her clothes before going into Tony's car?

Padilla brought it up on NG tonight, he said I am more concerned with the two cans of Deodorant that was found between Amscott and Tony's house wrapped in a Kohls bag within a Target bag.  He insinuated it was to spray in the trunk. 

Don't you think he might have meant air freshener? As in Lysol or Febreze? There are many types of spray air deodorizers out there. Lysol actually eliminates odors, doesn't just cover them up, and I think Oust is another one that does the same thing.

We haven't seen the Winn Dixie receipt, yet. Maybe the deodorant/air freshener was purchased there!

Phaedrus
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: October 28, 2008, 09:35:25 AM »

[/color]

PJ flower

I forgot the picture

PJ
 flower

Good Morning Monks....and WELCOME to any new Monks!  WOW...PJ I am so glad I decided to start where I left off yesterday....do my eyes deceive me this morning or are both pictures of the same guy? If not they have to be closely related...brothers??  I am anxious to read ahead now!

ok, now I am confused. They do look simliar. Who is the guy holding Caylee in that photo? did Tony R even ever meet Caylee?

I remember you, Caylee.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: October 28, 2008, 09:39:54 AM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: October 28, 2008, 09:46:25 AM »

PADILLA: I`m more interested in the two cans of deodorant that were found wrapped up in a cold shopping bag inside of a Target bag. And.

PADILLA: And they were found basically where she would have been commuting to and from her home and Tony`s house.

Blonde thanks for bringing this forward...I am wondering if LP means  room deodorizer spray instead of deodorant? Sure wish he would have said where this was found.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: October 28, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »

Dang I should have kept on reading....I am thinking the same thing

Rest in Peace Caylee

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: October 28, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

Wow..  I had never heard that before!  Casey is a complete dumba$$ for thinking a couple cans of deodorant would clear up the smell of decomp.   

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.