March 28, 2024, 03:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OBAMA DRIVER'S LICENSE FOR ILLEGALS  (Read 2778 times)
crazybabyborg
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:59:32 AM »

This is one issue/fear I hadn't picked up on. Hillary had a one word answer and it was the right one! These are short (last two are 35 seconds). Worth watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXYYIdjjFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEfv1tkMKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvTwL4oiX-A
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:25:49 AM »

those ads are pretty deceptive.

showing Mohammed Atta on the drivers license.
the 9/11 terrorist were NOT illegal immigrants.
the were perfectly legal - so they could have had a drivers license easily.
the Bush administration only failed to act on the numerous warnings and apprehend the terrorist.

but i see what the ads are trying to do here.
in a sly way retroactively trying to blame Obama for 9/11.
after all, he is 'friends with terrorists', and 'might be muslim'.

shame on those guys at The National Republican Trust PAC.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:38:38 AM »

I suppose the ads could be taken that way. Honestly, the first thing that hit me wasn't about that. The point that hit home with me was that it was another way to create a black hole that was sucking up my tax dollars.

In the wake of the bailout, that's a very touchy issue with most Americans. Count me among them!
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »

IIRC, Mohammad Atta's driver's license was valid; he was an illegal because his Visa EXPIRED.

The timing of Visas and temporary driver permits should coincide. No illegals should have drivers' licenses.  Political correctness encourages defying common sense.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:03:26 PM »

This has been a huge ongoing issue in California. Gov. Schwarzeneggar vetoed a bill a few years ago allowing illegals to have licenses.  I believe it was on a ballot also and was rejected by voters.  It seems like a good idea to me:  if illegals are going to drive (and they are) then it is a huge public health and safety issue, so they should be licensed like everybody else.  It would also provide much needed revenue for the state.  But I think I am in the minority here.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »

Slipping through the net
Law enforcement seeks ways to better deal with illegals

Peter Marcus, DDN Staff Writer
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 

The Colorado State Patrol contacts about 500 individuals across the state per week who are suspected illegal aliens. But those individuals are released without an illegal alien query sent to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The reason why is that an officers’ hands are tied when it comes to booking someone simply based on a suspicion that they are in the country illegally, explained a panel of law enforcement officials last week at the first of five meetings required by Gov. Bill Ritter. The governor convened the meeting of 30 officials to look at gaps in immigration enforcement policy following the case of Francis Hernandez, an illegal immigrant accused of driving a vehicle that killed three people last month in Aurora.

Police officials explained that in order to contact ICE, the suspect must already be in custody for having committed a crime.

(snip)

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said in Hernandez’s case, there was little officers could do to verify his residency status — the suspect spoke fluent English and repeatedly said he was born in California and raised in America.

In fact, Hernandez, 23, had been born in Guatemala, officials say.

“We had no indication that this person was an illegal immigrant,” Oates said. “There’s no place to call, there’s no button to push, there’s no query that automatically tells you if somebody is or is not a U.S. citizen.”

Hernandez had been arrested several times and issued dozens of warrants for failing to appear in court. But he also had used a variety of aliases and never possessed a valid driver’s license, making it difficult for officers to track his history, said Oates. No illegal alien queries were originally made because Hernandez had been transferred to other jurisdictions on outstanding warrants.

When Aurora police finally sent a query to ICE following the accident on Sept. 4 that killed three people, the department received a response stating that “searches will not be completed on subjects … that are United States citizens.” The only information Aurora investigators had at the time was from Hernandez that he was born in California.

(snip)

The lead proponent of the Denver Car Impound Initiative, Dan Hayes, told the Denver Daily News that he plans to challenge the city’s legal analysis.

Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said the department is currently in the process of implementing enforcement of the law, which includes imposing a new $2,500 bond requirement and $100 fee for releasing impounded vehicles. Federal officials also need to be contacted before vehicles can be impounded based on immigration status.

Meanwhile, in addition to the 500 suspected illegal aliens who are contacted by the State Patrol each week but released without an immigration status query, Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said his agency last year referred 3,052 suspected illegal immigrants to ICE. Of those, 782 had detainers placed on them by the federal agency.

Oates said Aurora made 1,171 illegal alien queries to ICE last year and approximately 1,500 so far this year. Of the queries last year, ICE placed detainers on 24 percent of those people, and detainers on 29.5 percent of the queries made this year.

Law enforcement officials said having an on-call ICE agent that could verify legal residence would be helpful, as well as wireless fingerprint readers in patrol cars and implementing advances in technology such as biometric data like retinal scanners. The working group, which also includes lawmakers and community leaders, will issue a final report including problems, as well as recommendations to Ritter by Dec. 31.

http://www.thedenverdailynews.com/article.php?aID=2287

The wireless fingerprint thing sound promising, as does the retinal scanner.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 07:56:11 PM »

The Escondido Police Department has seized nearly 10,000 vehicles in the last three years from unlicensed drivers, many of them at checkpoints, according to records provided by the city. In the same time period, Oceanside impounded 4,422 vehicles and Carlsbad impounded 705 vehicles.

Police officials say the checkpoints reduce the number of hit-and-run accidents in their cities.

"The emphasis is on driver's licenses and getting unlicensed drivers off the road," Oceanside police Sgt. Kelan Poorman said during the checkpoint in Oceanside.

Activists such as Escondido resident Bill Flores, who was at the news conference, said the frequent use of checkpoints disproportionately affects working-class, immigrant Latinos, many of whom are ineligible under state law to get driver's licenses because of their status as illegal immigrants.

Flores, a 29-year veteran of law enforcement and retired San Diego County assistant sheriff, questioned the effectiveness of checkpoints. Moreover, he said that even if they do reduce the number of hit-and-run accidents, it comes at a high cost by alienating large segments of the Latino community.

"There are other ways to enforce the law," Flores said during the ACLU news conference.

Oceanside police on Wednesday blocked off a section of Brooks Street just east of Interstate 5. That stretch of road leads into the Crown Heights neighborhood, where about 4,100 people live. About 93 percent of the population in the neighborhood is Latino.

In the first 90 minutes of Wednesday's checkpoint, seven vehicles were impounded, all of them driven by unlicensed Latinos.

Patricio de la Cruz, the first person whose vehicle was impounded during the checkpoint, questioned its location.

"There's a lot of people that are hardworking here," he said. "Why only this neighborhood? They (police) know where they are going to catch people."

De la Cruz said he lost his license after he was caught driving under the influence of alcohol. But he said he needs to drive to get to work.

http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2008/10/23/news/sandiego/za6aabf3b7b59c2ae882574ea007ad064.txt

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:51:38 PM »

(snip)

Even though some Democratic members of Congress see the silliness of providing incentives that encourage more illegal immigration, it's only the Republicans that are trying to stop driving illegals.

Minnesota Republican Senator Norm Coleman, introduced a resolution that would put the Senate on record condemning states issuing driver's licenses to illegal aliens. Coleman's resolution is co-sponsored by 15 Republican Senators. A similar resolution has been introduced in the House by Republican Representatives Tom Latham of Iowa and John Randy Kuhl Jr. of New York. New York Republican Representative Peter T. King of Long Island plans to introduce legislation next week that would prohibit states from issuing driver’s licenses to illegal aliens.

Driving illegals is more problematic than just encouraging more illegal immigration. A driver's license is more than a permit to drive. It's a nationally recognized form of identification that implies citizenship. With the license comes an assumed legitimacy. The same legitimacy achieved by the 9/11 hijackers, who had dozens of state IDs, used to rent cars and apartments, open bank accounts, take flying lessons and board planes. Instead of arresting and sending illegal aliens back to where they come from when they are discovered driving illegally, the liberal/progressive solution is to give them driver's licenses. I just don't get it.

http://www.examiner.com/x-268-Right-Side-Politics-Examiner~y2007m11d10-De-Facto-Amnesty--Driving-Illegals

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »

Sheriff Chuck Jenkins, the first law enforcement official in Maryland to sign a cooperative agreement with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said that since April, about 9 percent of all people arrested and taken to the county detention center have proven to be illegal immigrants. He called those results a success and said he has been flooded with calls from officials in other counties and states who want to follow suit.

"The word is out on the street: If you are in this country illegally and you plan to commit a crime, don't do it in Frederick County," Jenkins said last week. "We're at the forefront of things. We are finding gang members and people with criminal histories. I'm very pleased, and I believe 90 percent of the people in this county support this."

Carlos Delgado, 36, a Salvadoran immigrant who co-owns a stylish restaurant in the city's historic district, said he was troubled both by the recent surge of impoverished, sometimes illegal immigrants and by the law enforcement program to pursue them.

"I have always believed that wherever you go, you need to learn the rules and culture and language," Delgado said. "Everyone deserves a second chance, but too many people want to do things the easy way, and some on the other side are going to extremes. The American dream is for everyone, but it comes with duties and responsibilities, too."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/12/AR2008101202189.html

Why not apply to come to the US using the legal process that already exists?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 09:32:29 PM »

After the Texas Department of Public Safety estimated 2 million of its 16 million licensed drivers are illegal aliens, the state is denying illegals access to IDs and driver's licenses.

Texas is now requiring applicants to prove legal citizenship status before they can receive or renew their driver's licenses. And the plan goes one step further: Legal immigrants are now required to have their licenses stamped with "temporary visitor" and an expiration date for the applicants stay in the U.S. – a tip-off for police.

Public Safety Commission Chairman Allan Polunsky of San Antonio told the Houston Chronicle he came up with the idea after learning that a Dallas cab driver was transporting illegal aliens into the state so they could receive driver's licenses. Polunsky was disturbed by how effortless the process was for illegals.

Texas now requires documents issued by the Department of Justice, Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Naturalization Service or Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services for proof of lawful status. The state has deemed border crossing cards unacceptable.

"People have to drive to get to work," he said. "You want people to get (auto) insurance. They can't get insurance if they don't have a driver's license."

In Texas, approximately 27 percent of all drivers are currently operating vehicles without insurance. Harrington said he disagrees with DPS' estimate of 2 million uninsured illegals in the state.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77536

2 million is a lot of people.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 07:49:31 AM »

they even showed Obama's birth date on that drivers license in that ad.
very distasteful deceptive ad.

if some crazy nut would manage to assassinate Obama because he think he will be regarded as a hero for killing a 'muslim terrorist' on the path to becoming President - such ads are in part to blame i think.

and if Atta was illegal, if his visa was expired - he shouldn't have been allowed on the plane in the first place.
they could have made to ad totally different, no need at all for invoking 9/11 or Mohammed Atta.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »

This has been a huge ongoing issue in California. Gov. Schwarzeneggar vetoed a bill a few years ago allowing illegals to have licenses.  I believe it was on a ballot also and was rejected by voters.  It seems like a good idea to me:  if illegals are going to drive (and they are) then it is a huge public health and safety issue, so they should be licensed like everybody else.  It would also provide much needed revenue for the state.  But I think I am in the minority here.

The key word here is ILLEGAL. I believe the argument can't go beyond that to debate the safety issue.

By all state standards, a driver's license is a ticket to vote in free elections, receive Social Security Benefits, welfare, and on and on. America cannot afford to give up their choices for public office, or their own ability to finance their own lives, to peolple in this country illegally.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 04:40:50 PM »

My mother's car was hit while parked on a street by a lady that was from Mexico and in the U.S. illegally.  The lady had no license and was driving a borrowed car from someone that had no insurance.  Mom had to end up paying the  $500.00 deductible to get her car repaired, through the uninsured motorist policy she pays for through her auto insurance.  We believe if the illegal driver had a license, it wouldn't have helped at all.  The insurance company said it was impossible to try to collect the money for damages from the lady or the owner of the car, and that my mom could take it to small claims court.  Right.  So mom is going to try to sue someone that is in this country illegally and/or someone that allowed that person to drive a car they owned with no insurance?  If she won the judgement, would they ever pay?  If the insurance company couldn't collect, how would a 76 year old widow?  I think the lady here illegally should have been deported for driving without a license and causing damage to an auto that will not be paid back.  Why should an elderly U.S. citizen have the hardship of paying half of her monthly social security check to pay the deductible when she had no fault.  Life sounds easier for the illegal at this point then it does my elderly mother, who was following all the laws, including having a license and auto insurance.  The illegal got what?  Nothing.  Zip.  Zero. Nada.  No consequences.  Mother said she would rather have to pay the deductible then allow an illegal alien to have a driver's license, because she feels if they were issued a license, it allows them to then get other benefits, such as CBB mentioned in the previous post.  I am not without care and understanding.  Life can be  hard l in Mexico.  Yet I see an example of hardship caused by someone here illegally that has no responsibility and caused hardship for an elderly U.S. citizen.  What good would a driver's license issued to an illegal citizen done for Mom?  Would that enable them to get insurance?  Would they maintain the policy with premium payments?  How do you find them?  No.  No licenses for illegals.  We've already been burned in this family.  They want driver's licenses to get more then just driving privileges, imo.  And driving is a privilege, not a right.  Someone said illegals will drive anyway.  I don't believe they would if the penalty was high enough.  Let's protect our citizens first and foremost, please.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »

Muffy, my neice had a similar experience, and I agree with you. If someone is in this country illegally, the chances they are consciencious enough to carry liability insurance is almost nil. And your Mom and all of us pay higher premiums because we have to carry uninsured motorists (a law in my state).

Gotta run, but great post!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »

This is from 2004, apparently people have been worried about vote/election fraud for some time.  It just didn't pop up for the 2008 election.

Forms of identification that can be used include a U.S. birth certificate, a naturalization card, or a U.S. passport. Supporters of the Hyde bill are hoping it will pass so it will become law before the November elections.

Defending his legislation, Hyde said this issue is about ensuring that the only people voting in federal elections are legal citizens of the United States.

"The U.S. Constitution clearly states that only U.S. citizens may vote in federal elections," Hyde commented at a press conference.  "My bill would amend the 1993 Motor Voter bill to require states to demand proof of citizenship when a person applies for voter registration, even if they have previously been on the voter rolls at another location. There will be no exceptions. My bill also would require photo I.D. to be presented when registering to vote or voting at the polls."

Proponents of the Hyde bill say the Moter Voter law, which was heralded by former President Bill Clinton as one of the crowning achievements of his administration, has made it too easy for non-citizens to be registered to vote illegally. Some states with large populations of illegal aliens, such as Illinois and California, are registering them to vote because they are not required to show proof of citizenship.

However, the Hyde bill would mandate that states see proof of citizenship when registering people to vote, including inspecting and verifying all documents that prove the individual is a U.S. citizen.

In fact, this law would even apply to those states that allow people to register at the polls as well as states that do not require voter registration. The Hyde bill would require a photo identification to be shown prior to voting in a federal election.

"The Federal Election Integrity Act of 2004" has 6 co-sponsors, including Rep. Steve Buyer (R-IN), Rep. Phil English (R-PA), Rep. Elton Gallegly (R-CA), Rep. Virgil Goode (R-VA), Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX), and Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) and is currently under consideration by the House Administration Committee.

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?5ca728a9-770f-4c69-b412-5b57bbdd199c

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.