April 19, 2024, 08:24:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "I know if we had done it with Barack Obama, people would've probably thrown...  (Read 1244 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 28, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »

West Hollywood Mayor Urges Resident to Remove Palin Effigy 

Last Edited: Tuesday, 28 Oct 2008, 8:32 AM PDT 
Created: Tuesday, 28 Oct 2008, 2:05 AM PDT 

Palin Effigy in West Hollywood  SideBar

West Hollywood Halloween Scene Shows Palin Hanging by Noose

West Hollywood  -- 

WEST HOLLYWOOD -- West Hollywood Mayor Jeffrey Prang urged a resident today to remove an effigy of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin that is hanging by a noose in front of a home.

"I respect that we all have the right to freedom of speech," Prang said. "However, with that right comes responsibility. While these residents have the legal right to display Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin in effigy, I strongly oppose political speech that references violence -- real or perceived.

"Politics in America has become extremely polarized in recent years and we all have a responsibility to focus on our political differences in a thoughtful and peaceful manner," he said. "I urge these residents to take down their display and find more constructive ways to express their opinion."

"I know if we had done it with Barack Obama, people would've probably thrown things through our windows," display creator Chad Michael Morrisette said. "The image of a hanged black man is a lot more intense than the image of a hanged white woman -- for our country -- in the history of our country."

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7735675&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Things that make you go hmmm...

Perhaps it is a sign of things to come.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.