April 20, 2024, 01:15:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BRIAN SHAFFER MISSING SINCE APRIL 1, 2006  (Read 50594 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« on: September 27, 2006, 10:37:07 PM »

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/howtohelp.htm
Edited to clarify date missing in subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:44:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:14:19 PM »

Is this the med-student in Ohio?  Do I have that right?

It seems like someone on that tape would have seen something....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Is this the med-student in Ohio?  Do I have that right?

It seems like someone on that tape would have seen something....

Yes, that's the one...

Father of Brian got encouraged when he finally called his cell phone and instead of going directly into voice mail  as it had been since he has been missing, it rang and then went into voice mail.  Thinking that someone (maybe Brian) had turned it on....

But voice mail and cell phone experts said there could have been other explainations for that.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 03:52:51 PM »

October : Looking ahead

The case of Brian Shaffer remains open; police have no suspects.

Sgt. John Hurst, of the Columbus Police Division’s special-victims unit, says officers have asked the friend who was with Brian the night he disappeared to answer questions and take a polygraph.

Through an attorney, Hurst says, the friend has declined to do both.

To date, Alexis’ blog has been read more than 20,000 times.

Hurst suspects the ongoing public interest has much to do with Alexis, whose devotion he admires.

"She’s a bright young lady. I think she’s sincere. Her feelings toward Brian are true."

Brian’s father, still struggling with his wife’s death, appreciates Alexis’ commitment to his son.

"I feel for her greatly," Mr. Shaffer said. "She’s a very beautiful girl. She’s very intelligent. I know Brian really cared for her."

Alexis’ parents ache for their daughter.

The lack of closure haunts Mr. Waggoner, who believes someone killed Brian.

"I don’t want her to have what’s been such a painful experience carry on," he said. "You can’t tiptoe around the gorilla in the room . ... You’ve got to live your life. And it’s going to be there."

But Alexis can’t yet imagine opening her heart to another man.

"Am I going to spend the next 10 years of my life waiting for him and being miserable?" she wonders.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/10/01/20061001-A1-01.html

If I recall correctly, Brian's father started the polygragh testing - he took one himself and encouraged others to follow - Anyone know why this young man Brian was with is declining - that's disturbing, not so much the fact that he won't take the polygraph, because I suppose they can be wrong, but answering questions and getting a lawyer - How many guys was he with that night - Anyone else have a lawyer?   Anyone else not answering questions?

And the surveillance camera - shows him on tape, but not leaving - does it show the others leaving?
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 05:51:16 AM »

I can't imagine friends not cooperating with authorities unless they know something more than they are telling and are afraid.

Or....if they are implicated themselves...

It's very disheartening......

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 03:02:02 PM »

How horrible for his girlfriend.  I agree with you Jaq.  why in the world would some one not answer questions if they have nothing to hide?  His friend of all people.  Gee, I hope I never have any "friends" like that.

Some where, somebody knows something.  People do not disapear into thin air.  If the surv. camera shows him going in the bar, but never coming out .... wonder if there is another door he could have left out of, or maybe if somthing happened, maybe he was removed while the camera was off.  If he went in, he had to come out one way or another.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 03:28:04 PM »

Quote from: "Jennifer34"
How horrible for his girlfriend.  I agree with you Jaq.  why in the world would some one not answer questions if they have nothing to hide?  His friend of all people.  Gee, I hope I never have any "friends" like that.

Some where, somebody knows something.  People do not disapear into thin air.  If the surv. camera shows him going in the bar, but never coming out .... wonder if there is another door he could have left out of, or maybe if somthing happened, maybe he was removed while the camera was off.  If he went in, he had to come out one way or another.

It is disheartening... if that was one of my friends, I would be first in line to talk... how truly sad.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 06:02:03 AM »

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/10/01/20061001-A1-01.html

As of Oct. 1, Brian has been missing for 6 months.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 08:18:06 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

That article was so incredibly sad.... there has to be someone that knows something.... I just hope she is able to get some closure...

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:52 AM »

Missing-persons bill signed
‘Jonathan’s Law’ aims for faster response
Friday, January 05, 2007

<snipped>
Columbus Police Sgt. Anthony Luzio Sr. and Randy Shaffer, whose adult sons have been missing since mid-2005, also stood behind the governor as he signed the measure.

Luzio, father of Tony Jr., said Columbus police handle missing-adult cases appropriately, but that some smaller departments need to respond more quickly.

"It’s something that needed to be done," he said.

Shaffer, wearing a shirt bearing the Crime Stoppers’ poster of his son Brian, called the new law "just a start." He would like regular police updates to the families of the missing added to the law.

"You’re frustrated by the lack of knowledge," he said. "I literally don’t know if the police are working on finding my son or not."
complete article........
http://tinyurl.com/y4kjhn

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 12:20:40 PM »

Texas Group To Join Search For Missing Man
Jul 31 2007 7:20PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly 16 months after Brian Shaffer disappeared from a bar near The Ohio State University campus, a new group is joining the search to try and being closure to the case.

Texas-based EquuSearch made headlines in June when it brought more than 1,000 volunteers to help in the search for Jessie Davis - a pregnant woman who disappeared from her Canton home, 10TV's Angela An reported.

The search group also sent volunteers to Aruba two years ago to search for missing teen Natalie Holloway.

A coordinator for EquuSearch told 10TV that volunteers planned to arrive in Columbus in three weeks, An reported.

First on their agenda will be a search of the South Campus Gateway where Shaffer (pictured, left) was last seen. Then the group will search local rivers and quarries.

Shaffer's father said he welcomes the group.

"It's just a fresh set of eyes and maybe they'll find something," said Randy Shaffer. "I kind of hope it's for the good."

EqquSearch, which said it has a 10 percent success rate of recovering bodies, will also take time to search for Tony Luzio Jr. who disappeared about two years ago, An reported.

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200707/1527908324.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »

Missing From Ohio State University

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Family and friends stepped up their efforts Thursday to find missing Ohio State University medical student Brian Shaffer, NBC 4's Barbra Flannigan reported.

Shaffer, 27, was last seen in front of the Ugly Tuna Saloona on North High Street in the South Campus Gateway area early on April 2.

Friends and family met on the OSU campus Thursday with new maps, fliers and buttons.

Hundreds of volunteers traveled the campus area knocking on doors and talking to residents about the case.

OSU President Karen Holbrook joined students to participate in Thursday's efforts.

The new fliers are laminated to protect against water damage and contain information about Shaffer's tattoo.

Police said Shaffer was out with friends who were celebrating the start of spring break.

The men headed to the Ugly Tuna at about 9:15 p.m. At about 10:30 p.m., Shaffer spoke to his girlfriend over the phone, a friend said.

About 30 minutes later, the men walked to the Short North Tavern, where they had a few drinks. At 11:40 p.m., they walked to another bar. Then, at about 1:15 a.m., they returned to the Ugly Tuna.

He was last seen on surveillance cameras at about 2 a.m., NBC 4 reported.

Police said that none of Shaffer's bank or credit cards has been used since he disappeared.

Shaffer is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs between 160 and 165 pounds. He has hazel eyes and has a tattoo with the Pearl Jam symbol on his upper right arm.

A $25,500 reward has been issued for information leading to the person responsible for Shaffer's disappearance.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at (614) 645-8477 or (877) 645-8477. Callers would remain anonymous.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/8861582/detail.html?rss=col&psp=news

Police, Family Search For Missing OSU Student

UPDATED: 1:03 pm EDT April 4, 2006

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police and family members are searching for a missing Ohio State University student, NewsChannel5 partner ONN reported.

Brian Shaffer, a second-year medical school student, hasn't been seen since about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

The 27-year-old was last seen leaving a bar on North High Street, but he never made it home.

His father said just vanishing is not like his son. Randall Shaffer described his son as an exceptional student.

"His idea of a bad grade is to get an 83. The last time my wife was here, he was in the top 10 of his class. I don't know where he's at now but not that far behind. He's such a smart kid," Randall Shaffer said through tears.

Shaffer was supposed to leave Monday morning for a spring break trip with his girlfriend. Alexis Waggoner said she did not hear from him all weekend.

"I was kind of starting to worry Saturday night. And by Sunday morning when I hadn't heard anything, I was really thinking there was something wrong," said Waggoner.

She contacted his family and called police. And then on Monday, he did not show up for their trip.

Shaffer lost his mother to cancer in early March. His father said he can't bear the thought that something has happened to his son.

Shaffer's car was still at his apartment Sunday.

His girlfriend said none of his personal belongings appeared to be missing. She said it did not appear that anyone has tried to use his credit card. She said she was hoping he just needs some time alone after the loss of his mother.

Columbus Police detectives were asking anyone who may have seen Shaffer since Saturday morning to contact them.

http://www.someoneismissing.com/shaffer/index.htm

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »

Smile  OMG I remember this young man (primarily because of his incredible good looks).  I remember his father being so concerned at the time and doing everything he knew how to do. 

I am hopeful Tim's team will be able to resolve this.  I cannot even begin to imagine what these families go through. 

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 04:26:51 PM »

I live in Columbus and will be calling to get more info. to join in search!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 06:59:15 PM »

What a wonderful thing for you to do Dihannah1. Good luck to you and all of those who join the search.

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »

I live in Columbus and will be calling to get more info. to join in search!

That is awesome Dihannah1 - best wishes as you all go forth!!!  This man's family needs answers as do so many of the 'missing.'  Please keep us posted. Cool

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 11:54:35 AM »

Medical Student Vanishes After Night Out
April 7, 2006

Columbus, OH (Crime Library) — The father of an Ohio State University Medical Student is dealing with what may be the second tragedy to strike his family in just one month. Randall Shaffer lost his wife Renee to cancer on March 6, 2006. Mrs. Shaffer was just 51 years old. Now, a month after his mother's passing, Brian Shaffer, age 27, has been missing for 6 days.

The Ohio News Network (ONN) first reported on April 4th about the disappearance of the 6'2", athletically-built Shaffer. ONN's Maureen Kocot wrote that Brian Shaffer was last seen around 1:30 a.m. leaving a bar on North High Street in Columbus on April 1st.

The bar where Shaffer was last seen was the Ugly Tuna Saloona (sic), located at 1546 N. High Street. Columbus TV station NBC 4 reported on April 6th that surveillance cameras had confirmed Shaffer's presence at the bar on the 1st. NBC 4 also reported that along with the usual search efforts, Shaffer's family had enlisted the services of a psychic.

While the death of Shaffer's mother in early March of 2006 might be considered a significant factor in his vanishing, neither his family nor his girlfriend, fellow med student Alexis Waggoner, age 24, seem to believe that Brian would disappear of his own accord. Not for more than 5 days.

After all, in a comment left on Waggoner's MySpace.com profile on March 31st, Shaffer wrote, "I can't wait to go to Miami, Miami!!!!"

Brian Shaffer and Alexis Waggoner had been planning to leave on their trip together on Monday, April 3rd. In an article published on NBC 4's website on April 4th, Sgt. Mike Woods of the Columbus Police said, "Everything was set for these two to take this trip to Florida. That's what makes this unusual."

Brian Shaffer had his own personal page at the incredibly popular MySpace.com, a social networking and blogging website - www.myspace.com/sleepinggiant.

There you could see photos of the strikingly handsome Shaffer and learn a little about him and his life, as well as his sense of humor. Under the standard-issue MySpace heading, 'Who I'd like to meet,' Shaffer wrote, in part, "Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam because he helped hair metal come to an end"

>>>>>>>The Complete Article
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0406/0701_med_student_missing2.html

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »

I am so sick over this one.  I have to tell you all (fellow monkeys) one of the sites I read out of Ohio, said that Brian was seen on a surveillance camera walking into (I think) an elevator.  Some other man followed him shortly there after. 

I try so hard not to put too much stock into random reads.  But the only other alternative is, Brian was really upset about his mother, maybe felt a significant amount of pressure being left to take care of his dad, who knows really!!!  He seems like a clean cut type guy - I cannot imagine he would just take off and leave friends and loved ones to just worry for the rest of their lives. 

All I can say is, I truly hope Tim Miller and crew leaves no stone unturned.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 07:10:13 AM »

from nbc4i.com:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police on Tuesday released a videotape of a man seen taking an escalator behind Ohio State University medical student Brian Shaffer in the moments before he disappeared in April.

The video was taken outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona on North High Street in the South Campus Gateway early on April 2, NBC 4's Barbra Flannigan reported.

Detectives estimate the man as 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 190 pounds. He was wearing black pants and dark dress shoes with an orange sweater.

Video showed the man coming in and out of the South Campus Gateway and taking the escalator up to the bar six times within an hour, Flannigan reported. The trips on the escalator began at 1:15 a.m., and the man left the building 2:09 a.m., officials said. [...]

Investigators said the man even rode down the escalator with Shaffer's friends who left without him that night.

Police said the man did not appear intoxicated and seemed to be searching for or meeting someone. Detectives said they believe he might have important information.

Investigators stressed the man on the videotape is not a suspect, but is someone who could have information in Shaffer's disappearance. [...] FULL STORY

OK Monkeys, that is the little excerpt I found on another board.  If there was someone who has done this young man harm I hope that this video will aid along with Tim Miller and his team.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 06:56:41 PM »

Still no new news on Brain Shaffer, missing since 4-01-07.  Here is a website: http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.