April 23, 2024, 12:18:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BRIAN SHAFFER MISSING SINCE APRIL 1, 2006  (Read 50721 times)
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 11:19:49 PM »

I will be updating this soon with pics from the search for Brian this past weekend.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »

Go here to read and see the recent search for Brian by TES http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2074.0

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 11:01:55 PM »

I'm not sure if you all realize this,  Brian has a younger brother named Derik too.  He had a trip planned and paid for in FL. with his girlfriend, and I believe Brian's girlfriend Alexis's family.  I understand he was upset he had to miss the search, but everybody told him he needed to go on the trip, it would be good for him and was already paid for.

I just notice he hasn't been mentioned anywhere and he needs some prayers too. 

I understand both boys were extremely close to there mother and took her passing away pretty hard.  But I do not believe this had anything to do with Brian's disappearance, as it is obviously too suspicious and he had way to much going for him, not to mention a vacation the next week.  The friend who is unders suspicion and wouldn't take the lie detector test?  Well he is now practicing medicine in TN.

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 10:18:46 AM »

I'm not sure if you all realize this,  Brian has a younger brother named Derik too.  He had a trip planned and paid for in FL. with his girlfriend, and I believe Brian's girlfriend Alexis's family.  I understand he was upset he had to miss the search, but everybody told him he needed to go on the trip, it would be good for him and was already paid for.

I just notice he hasn't been mentioned anywhere and he needs some prayers too. 

I understand both boys were extremely close to there mother and took her passing away pretty hard.  But I do not believe this had anything to do with Brian's disappearance, as it is obviously too suspicious and he had way to much going for him, not to mention a vacation the next week.  The friend who is unders suspicion and wouldn't take the lie detector test?  Well he is now practicing medicine in TN.

OMG - Dihannah1 that is completely awful that the 'friend' who would not take the lie detector test is now practicing medicine.  My feeling regarding lie detectors is if one has nothing to hide (no guilty conscience) then what is the problem??? 

And I do not know if you read my post from yesterday.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 10:47:09 PM »

Yes, I did Sleeks.  I would like to find out more about the escalator bandit myself. 
The friend is definatley showing signs of suspicion, but little evidence of anything.  Brian literally appeared to vanish from the face of the earth.  It is sad.  He had so much ahead of his life.  Another young innocent life wasted, just like Natalee and so many others.

But there will be at least one more search come fall by police searchers, when the brush isn't so bad. So I'd like to think there is still some hope.  Like in any case, "somebody' know something! 

The last thing that Tim said during his interview with the media before he departed, was he doesn't care who might have killed him. His concern is recovering the body for the family, not so much justice, that's not his job, it's LE.  Anybody can call crimestoppers and/or TES anonomously with a tip, no questions asked.  That's all it would take!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:40:21 PM by San » Logged

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »

Yes, I did Sleeks.  I would like to find out more about the escalator bandit myself. 
The friend is definatley showing signs of suspicion, but little evidence of anything.  Brian literally appeared to vanish from the face of the earth.  It is sad.  He had so much ahead of his life.  Another young innocent life wasted, just like Natalee and so many others.

But there will be at least one more search come fall by police searchers, when the brush isn't so bad. So I'd like to think there is still some hope.  Like in any case, "somebody' know something! 

The last thing that Tim said during his interview with the media before he departed, was he doesn't care who might have killed him. His concern is recovering the body for the family, not so much justice, that's not his job, it's LE.  Anybody can call crimestoppers and/or TES anonomously with a tip, no questions asked.  That's all it would take!

Well Dihannah1 I was so hoping that the stress of his mom's death and other pressures gave him cause to just go off somewhere to start over.  Not that I want to see anyone do that to the rest of their family and friends.  But alive (of course) is much better than the alternative. 
I completely agree with you that somebody somewhere knows something.  It is pretty impossible for anyone to just disappear.  I hope you & Marlee can get many more people out there to aid in the next upcoming search.  Again, I think it is so tragic when LE does have suspicions or a possible idea of 'whom' yet are unable to do anything with that.  In so many other cases like Natalee, Tara, Donna, April and the countless others where LE knows or let's say, has a pretty good idea of who is responsible, and nothing manifests - I don't know about anybody else but it just makes me want to scream.  I just keep going back in my mind to an earlier time when someone was a suspect, they were picked up and arrested and suffered the consequences.  It seems to me, nowadays, we are more concerned with the criminal's rights.  My heart keeps saying what about the victim's rights and the family's rights.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 01:47:42 AM »

Oldfart sent me a link to a blog from early in the case.  I found a rather interresting comment on it:

The idea that Brian is hanging with homeless folks is the most optimistic idea i have seen yet. I have been chronically homeless most of my life. In this situation, the call to my gf would be a "goodbye" till I got things sorted out. I would have spent a lot of time with my friends. I would have tried to have fun. And I would have left everything behind to start a new life. I probably would have walked a long ways. Maybe 60 miles at most. And then I would have considered transportation and what to do with my life. Have the authorities checked out all the methods of transportation? Greyhound Buses for example. Or.. Amtrack. 2nd idea... worse case scenario. What if there really is foul play? If there was foul play I would suspect staff at Ugly Tuna.. say Linda the bartender for example. Even his friend. I respect his friend saying that Brian does like to run his mouth off sometimes. If its true, I feel sorry for Brian. But would a good person even in the case of a missing person say that about someone they are supposed to be friends with? Maybe this friend was jealous over Brian's girl. Maybe Brian was having 2nd thoughts about his girlfriend? Maybe he was looking for comfort in a womans arms? Maybe the staff at Ugly Tuna was involved. Okay... thats disturbing i know. Question: If people are willing to look up and down campus streets and even under bridges and in rivers, would you consider this? There are some freshly planted trees in a very small construction site just one building north of Cousins Army. You could plant a body under those trees. My name is Brian and my email is wrknprgrss79@sbcglobal.net I would appreciate a response to my email or to even tell me if anyone is brave enough to look. Thankyou.

Posted by Brian | April 14, 2006 9:26 AM 

http://beyondfrazzled.blogspot.com/2006/04/where-is-brian-shaffer.html
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »

I have not been following Brian's Story... but

Has a pic of the escalator guy been published anywhere?  Do the police know who he is?
What about the security tapes -  are they online?
Have the police released any info from his cell phone (location etc)?

Sorry for all the questions Embarassed

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 01:02:55 PM »

Thanks OF and Klaas for posting that.

My gut feeling, from everybody I talked to, his father, aunt, neighbors, etc., that sounds like a hoax.  Brian had way too much to look forward to.  He was out that night celebrating his last final with his buddies and was going to graduate with his Docorate degree.  Him and Alexis, his girlfriend had a trip planned and were to leave that Monday to FL.   

I just find it difficult to believe, he was celebrating and had finally finished school to just walk away from it all?  His graduation provided him the opportunity to find a job anywhere he wanted and start a new life.  I understood he dearly loved Alexis and wasn't the kind of guy to hurt his family in that way, especially his brother, after just loosing there mother.

Also, from many discussions with family, including LE, there is a person of interest and from what I heard specifically, sounds like for some good reasons, but not enough to proceed with.

However, I do find the place mentioned in that blog curious, as I wonder if it is somebody that knows something.  I'm curious to go check it out myself.  I wonder if it has been checked by LE yet.

JMO

OF - I have not seen any pics/videos of that, but would like to see them if anybody else runs across them.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 01:10:39 PM »

I have not been following Brian's Story... but

Has a pic of the escalator guy been published anywhere?  Do the police know who he is?
What about the security tapes -  are they online?
Have the police released any info from his cell phone (location etc)?

Sorry for all the questions Embarassed

Sorry, I missed the last question.  One of the searches we did was at Scioto Darby, where the last ping of his cell phone was recieved.  We found some interesting items in that area that were flagged and I believe they were to be checked out later, outside of our presence.  But of course, we have heard nothing.  I'm sure LE will keep it quiet for now, IF in fact, they even did find anything.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 08:46:27 PM »

bump
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 07:25:45 PM »

UPCOMING SEARCH:

We will be conducting a search on Sunday, March 16th at 2 p.m. at Scioto Boulevard. We will meet at the parking lot West of High Street, off of Greenlawn Avenue (north of Lou Berliner Park). If you need additional information, please contact Randy at randy85723@gmail.com

BLOOD DRIVE

A blood drive will also be held on Saturday, March 29th in Brian and Renee's honor. Details of location and time yet to come.

..missing since 04-01-2006
http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »

SEARCH UPDATE
Today's search was conducted at Scioto Boulevard but did not produce any details about Brian's disappearance.

This was my first 'search' and let me say...it was unnerving. We had not gone very far into the woods when we found a very large bone next to teeth (no skull). I stayed with the bones until the police officer verified that the bones was animal bones. It was horrible to stand next to the bones and not know for a short period of time whose/what bones they were.

We found a few items of clothing but none that were connected to Brian in anyway. This area was used heavily by the homeless and we found numerous old sleeping bags, 'bathrooms' that were NOT marked , cooking areas, etc. It is very desolate and I was thankful to be with a group.

My heart breaks for Randy, Derek and all those who knew and loved Brian. I did not know Brian but feel as though I do now after researching his case for so long.

We did receive tv coverage (and ended up as the top story on our nbc affliate's 11 pm news). I have not found anything online yet but will post if I do.

Thanks much for all your prayers. The weather could not have been better. It was a beautiful sunny day and I know that Brian was thought of by MANY people today. Bless him whereever he is.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?s=9114fae3748afdc9e1181562d09e1f8c&postid=11389399#post11389399

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 07:25:48 AM »

Vigil For Missing OSU Student

March 29, 2008
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A vigil was held on Saturday night for family and friends to remember missing OSU medical student, Brian Shaffer.

Shaffer was last seen on April 1, 2006 at the Ugly Tuna Saloona, an off-campus bar, 10TV News reported.

Surveillance video captured Shaffer going up a set of escalaters into the ba

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/03/29/Vigil_for_Brian_Shaffer.html?sid=102

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 08:47:17 PM »

Posted today by Dihannah:

Thanks Monkeys for all your efforts, as usual, you all Rock.  But I come her with a heavy heart.

This is somewhat off topic, though Ironically, it's related to IKE and TES.  Here in Ohio, we are in a state of an Emergency, due to approx. 80% of the state without power, thanks to IKE's winds hurricane strenght winds hitting here on Sunday.  We may not have power back until Sunday in some areas.   I have never seen anything like this in my life.   But I thank God, we are not experiencing anything like TX, God help them!  We do have a generator saving our food and providing enough juice for some t.v.

My main point here is, some of you may remember when TES came to Columbus to search for 2 missing boys, one named Brian Schaffer.   Marlee and I spent an entire weekend with the families and TES volunteering in the searches.  We had met his father Randy during the searches, even have pics with him and he was (YES, actually helping with the search).  However, last night on the local news,  there was breaking news that he was killed after a tree fell on him.

What makes the story so tragic, is Brian lost his mother 2 weeks before he disappeared, now Randy, his father and they left behind one other son, who has just lost his entire family in a few short years.  Please keep this boy in your prayers.

I never dreamed living in Ohio, I would have to worry about a HURRICANE,  though we are not experiencing the water and more devistating effects as TX,   it has given me a new appreciation of life and also how life can come full circle, that TES helped search for a son of a Father who would die from  IKE almost exactly a year later and also touched two monkeys here. It truly is a small world and the Monkeys who have brought us all together is almost beyond comprehension.

God Bless you ALL and those in TX and other states affected and TES!

Randy Shaffer: http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-09-15-0035.html
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »

OMG.....this is just heart wrenching!!!  Thank you  Dihannah for your post Sad
I am glad you are safe.

The Columbus Dispatch
September 16, 2008 Tuesday

Missing student's dad killed in storm;
Father of Brian Shaffer one of six dead across Ohio

Sunday's windstorm killed two central Ohio men, including the father of missing Ohio State University medical student Brian Shaffer. State officials put the death toll statewide at six, and it could go higher.

Randall A. Shaffer, 55, was thought to have been walking to a backyard shed when he was struck and killed by a falling limb behind his home in Baltimore, Fairfield County Sheriff Dave Phalen said. Neighbors found Shaffer's body yesterday morning, and he was pronounced dead by the county coroner's office.

Randy Shaffer was a familiar face to many in central Ohio who followed his well-publicized search to find his son. Brian Shaffer has been missing since April 1, 2006. Shaffer's wife, Renee, died of cancer the month before their son disappeared.

"Certainly he was a tragic figure with everything that happened before last night," Alexis Waggoner, Brian's girlfriend, said yesterday as she absorbed the shock of the elder Shaffer's death.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:852348579&start=14
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:48:14 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »

The Columbus Dispatch (Ohio) 

September 17, 2008 Wednesday

Obituaries

SHAFFER Randall A . Shaffer, loving son, brother, husband, father, uncle and friend, passed away suddenly and tragically from a accident at his home Sunday, September 14th, 2008. Randy was a very special person in many people's lives. He graduated from Lancaster High School with the Class of 1971. Randy excelled with his love of music while obtaining his B.A. Degree from Capital University in Music Education. Randy was also a 30 year member of the IBEW-L.U.683. Randy worked for Mid City Electric in Columbus, Ohio.

There was never a stranger in Randy's life. He made such beautiful music with his saxophone that friends requested he entertain at many area churches, bringing peace and tranquility at solemn moments and entertaining at many other gatherings. He was always willing when asked for his time to play. He will be a great addition to the Heaven's orchestra. Randy's family was one of the most important parts of his being. He loved to try and beat his sister, brother and father on the tennis court and always has great stories of his victories whether he won or not. He also was an avid bike rider and tried to keep a riding date with his brother when time allowed. Randy was always there to help a friend, neighbor or relative with any electrical task at hand no matter how large or small. If he didn't solve the problem at first he wouldn't stop until it was completed. After the passing of Randy's beloved wife Renee in 2006 and the disappearance of his son Brian, Randy was relentless in his search for Brian and never gave up hope. He made hundreds of friends and helped many other families in search for their loved ones while being involved with the Crimestoppers Organization for the return of missing persons. He will be sadly missed by all the people whose lives he touched. Randy is survived by his brother, Tim (Debora) Shaffer; sister, Robin (Jeff) Hoffman of Lancaster; sons, Brian and Derek Shaffer of Columbus; step-mother, Nancy Acton Shaffer of Lancaster; nephews, Chris (Jody) Shaffer of Columbus, Dan (Marnie) Shaffer of Bexley; nieces, Jamie, Betsy and Katie Hoffman of Lancaster; great-niece, Kaylee Jane Ackers of Lancaster; step-sister, Catherine Duquesnoy of Maryland; cousins, Pam Muralt of Mt. Vernon, Janet Muralt and Cindy Grile of Lancaster. Randy was preceded in death by his mother Norma Jean (Jeanie) Shaffer, father Jack L. Shaffer, love of his life for 28 years Renee Parobeck Shaffer, grandparents Irvin and Pauline Shaffer, grandparents Bill and Ida Franke, great-grandparents Cora and Jeffery Fruchey, aunt Dorthala Muralt Boystel, uncles Clifford F. Muralt and Robert Shaffer. Friends may call Thursday from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at HALTEMAN-FETT AND DYER FUNERAL HOME, 436 N. Broad St., Lancaster, OH 43130. Service will take place Friday at 11 a.m. at Emanuel Lutheran Church with Pastor Carl Rayburn and Pastor Mark Raddatz officiating. Burial will follow at Maple Grove Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, Crimestoppers or any charity of choosing in memory of Randy Shaffer. Sign the online guestbook at www.dispatch.com/obituaries

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:853133476&start=5

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »

Diahannah...I was absolutely shocked to read this.  I am not sure what to say, the words are not coming and I have such a heavy heart.  I have followed Brian's and Randy's story since Brian disappeared and this is such a terrible thing to happen to such a good man.

You and Marlee, as well as his son, family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.
dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »

SO SAD!! OMG what a tragedy.  I feel so badly for this family.  Completely awful.  I've followed this case..hoping that SOMETHING would come up.
I don't know if anyone on here is familiar w/ this case.  But, I was wondering..the last time anyone saw Brian was @ the Ugly Tuna (?) And no one saw him leave.  Someone had mentioned there was construction in the bar at the time..could he have fallen down a shaft or something?  It get pretty dangerous around construction areas...

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:28 AM »

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.