April 26, 2024, 03:08:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Birth Certificate "Certification" v. "Certificate"  (Read 2418 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 30, 2008, 09:06:05 AM »

What I see in the Obama images is a "certification of live birth" which is a computer generated form (dated 2007), something that is a standard in the US.

Based on my web research, a "certification of live birth" is loosely related to the original birth certificate or "certificate of live birth".

The "certificate of live birth" for Obama may be authentic/real, but does the "certification of live birth" prove citizenship?

http://www.ajph.org/cgi/reprint/78/2/168.pdf

Something to think about -

In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.

http://hawaii.gov/dhhl/applicants/appforms/applyhhl

What testimony does the original certificate of live birth offer?

What kind of information is missing from the "Certification of Live Birth"?

Why would someone want to see the original?

Where are the missing pieces to this puzzle?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »

Accuracy, Importance, and Application of Data from the U.S. Vital Statistics System

NOTE:  This report represents information on this subject as of December 2000. 

U.S. Standard Certificates: Birth, Death, and Fetal Death

U.S. Standard Certificates remain the principal means by which uniformity of data collection is achieved.3 These certificates are used as models by the states in designing their own certificates of birth and death, and reports of fetal death. They are reviewed and updated approximately every 10 to 15 years and over time they have been expanded to provide legal and personal information as well as statistical information needed by state and local government agencies, particularly health departments.4-7 For instance, the birth certificate is now an important source of information on maternal and infant health, including medical and behavioral risk factors for the pregnancy, birth weight, period of gestation, complications of labor and/or delivery, abnormal conditions of the newborn, and congenital anomalies of the child. The death certificate is also an important source of disease-related data, providing information on the immediate cause of death (i.e., the disease or injury that directly causes death) as well as the underlying cause of death (i.e., disease or injury that initiated the train of morbid events leading to death). In addition to cause of fetal death, the fetal death record includes information on prenatal care, medical and behavioral risk factors associated with the pregnancy, birth weight, period of gestation, complications of labor and delivery, and congenital anomalies of the fetus.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/13574.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:14:36 AM »

Is a birth certificate or "certificate of live birth" proof of citizenship?  From the images above, what is shown may be an "abstract".

Application for a U.S. Birth Certificate

The State Registrar will issue the birth certificate in the new name of the adoptee if requested by the adoptive parents, and the certificate will show the actual date and place of birth. Afterwards, the Registrar will seal the original birth certificate, order or decree of adoption, and the court findings, which will not be unsealed except by court order or as provided by law.11 The birth certificate will be valid in all 50 States, Puerto Rico, and the territories but will not be accepted as evidence of U.S. citizenship for the child in approximately 22 States.12

12 Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/intercountry.cfm#12

I am ignorant of how a candidate gets on the ballot of each state and what the requirements are.

I posted this in another thread, but it brings up questions here -

In the 22 states shown above, would Obama have provided additional proof of citizenship?  What would that be?

I think the "certification" is a less valuable than a "certificate".  Both of these things are less informational than an "original" with "testimonies".

What did Obama file in those 22 states?  Anyone know?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.