April 27, 2024, 01:16:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #528 9/29 - 10/2/2006  (Read 112524 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2006, 11:26:04 PM »

Many years ago my voice went from soprano to baritone overnight.  For some reason I wanted to do radio.  That opportunity was given to me.  I went from taking out the trash to queuing up vinyl and talking over the intro.  I got pretty good at it, but I never felt comfortable.

So, I went to school and did what I did.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2006, 11:29:03 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Many years ago my voice went from soprano to baritone overnight.  For some reason I wanted to do radio.  That opportunity was given to me.  I went from taking out the trash to queuing up vinyl and talking over the intro.  I got pretty good at it, but I never felt comfortable.

Hugs Easy!   and I am proud of you.. Smile
BT will get a great report.. Smile  Saw she posted earlier.. I missed her. Sad
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2006, 11:29:45 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
BOC-

How about those volunteers?  Wink

They are really a question mark at this time. Do not know how strong the Gators were! Injuries and lack of depth on the offensive and defensive line are a major concern!

Hope you beat the Gators!!!!!!!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2006, 11:29:57 PM »

I am listening to the podcast, Louise, it was nice hearing your voice. I am glad you pointed out that So Cal people are just as normal as anyone else. Wink

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2006, 11:30:03 PM »

what was that ?
you did ?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2006, 11:30:14 PM »

Easy I'm sure you were great at it too. You have a flair.

well I'm off to bed, must plow the back 40 again tomorrow, take care all!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2006, 11:30:55 PM »

Quote from: "Shell"
I am listening to the podcast, Louise, it was nice hearing your voice. I am glad you pointed out that So Cal people are just as normal as anyone else. Wink

pod cast link is
http://sundaynightsatellite.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=135546
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2006, 11:31:50 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Hugs Easy!   and I am proud of you.. Smile
BT will get a great report.. Smile  Saw she posted earlier.. I missed her. Sad

Don't be proud of me!  I just happened upon situations.  My voice went deep and my shoes got larger....  Cool
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2006, 11:31:59 PM »

BOC-

We have a football thread in the lounge, I hope you'll post on it, I know Mrs Red would love to have a fellow Volunteer on it  Very Happy

Please come back to visit soon, we've missed you ! My best to Mrs BOC too !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2006, 11:32:58 PM »

Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2006, 11:33:01 PM »

Easy I'm sure you were great at it too. You have a flair.

well I'm off to bed, must plow the back 40 again tomorrow, take care all!

Night sweety. I hope you get some rest SOON!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2006, 11:34:38 PM »

[quote="Easywriter  Don't be proud of me!  I just happened upon situations.  My voice went deep and my shoes got larger....  Cool[/quote]

LOL  Smile  Well I USED to have a great voice.. not anymore.. 911 wore it out .. Sad  and I loved it there.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2006, 11:36:05 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"

what was that ?
you did ?

I'm serious, I did radio during high school and things were different in those days!

We had to que the vinyl and give lead time.  A turntable was in each hand.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2006, 11:38:07 PM »

[quote="Easywriter  Don't be proud of me!  I just happened upon situations.  My voice went deep and my shoes got larger....  Cool

LOL  Smile  Well I USED to have a great voice.. not anymore.. 911 wore it out .. Sad  and I loved it there.[/quote]

I think age got my voice.  I was one deep voiced son-of-a-gun in my day! lol
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2006, 11:39:09 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"

what was that ?
you did ?

I'm serious, I did radio during high school and things were different in those days!

We had to que the vinyl and give lead time.  A turntable was in each hand.

oh i misunderstood, i thought you meant something else
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2006, 11:40:38 PM »

[quote="Easywriter  Don't be proud of me!  I just happened upon situations.  My voice went deep and my shoes got larger....  Cool

LOL  Smile  Well I USED to have a great voice.. not anymore.. 911 wore it out .. Sad  and I loved it there.

I think age got my voice.  I was one deep voiced son-of-a-gun in my day! lol[/quote]

Smile  I bet you still are too.!!
Nobody ever take for granted their voice. Sad
Trust me!
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: September 29, 2006, 11:40:49 PM »

Dana, it is so true that one person listening might have that one piece of information to solve a crime or offer information. That is how crimes are solved. It is the eyes and ears of the public that make or break a case. For that reason, every time Beth can get her story out there and every single time you interview someone and the right person hears it and is moved to make that call, it is one step closer to solving a crime.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: September 29, 2006, 11:47:29 PM »

Oh SunFreak, my daughter,I am way behind in the thread so I hope you read this. I have a Sony Cybershot with 3.2 mega pixels which is three years old. It gives me trouble. I cannot see anything in the 1" x 2" display in bright light. However after lots of practice, I am able to at least hold the camera still. Love, Your Mama

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2006, 11:49:36 PM »

It is all about control.  A deep voice means nothing without control.  I just happened to have a deep voice.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: September 29, 2006, 11:52:14 PM »

Sunfreak2-

You are strong to read the Coroner's Journal, I can't remember which show it was, but one recently profiling a physician during Katrina who may lose her license due to decisions made to euthanize some patients? I caught only bits and pieces but I can't imagine the stress of that disaster upon medical personnel, as well as patients.

I missed that show.  I most likely would have acted like those physicians and nurses doing the mercy killings.  The ones they euthanized were Do Not Resucitate patients who were most likely not going to survive under  those horrific conditions.  They said it was stinking hot, muggy and putrid.   There is a big debate in the medical community over medical ethics & mercy killing. What happened in NOLA just emphasized it.  I could talk a blue streak about the things I've seen & the abuses of the Medicare/aid system.  Absolutely mindboggling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.