April 28, 2024, 04:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #528 9/29 - 10/2/2006  (Read 112559 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: October 01, 2006, 12:01:03 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
My weekend SM project - just posted this at the Murder & Crime thread (see my sig line).

American Society of Travel Agents
1101 King Street, Ste. 200
Alexandria, VA 22314

The National Association of Commissioned Travel Agents
1101 King Street, Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22314
703-739-6826

This is a long message. I beg you to bear with me and read it through.

<clipped to save space>

Just wanted to say you guys are doing awesome work on this project - keep it up.  I believe this is starting to get some attention.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: October 01, 2006, 12:04:26 PM »

Oh, WOW!  MsMarple posts that and I am posting smiley faces!! Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

This is for L'ilPuma:

And I can remember when Margaret Mead was alive!  Fascinating woman who went and lived among remote tribes and villages and gave us much of what we know of obscure ethnic groups throughout the world.  She and Dr. Albert Sweitzer where two of my childhood heroes.  I wanted to do what they did.

Right, JK couldn't go in like

unless if was a minority security guard.  At that point she turned into the biggest one of all.

Not the best cowfolk but gets the idea across.

And I agree with everything you, San and The BIG HAMMER have posted.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: October 01, 2006, 12:14:01 PM »

Great job, MsMarple!  
All those government workers in Aruba, for whom taxes had to be increased, and yet a small group of monkeys in the US have to put together the truth about what's happening in their barren rocky predator-protected version of paradise.  :::shakes head:::
How anyone can think this is just another missing person/unsolved crime when the attitude was "Search?  Why should I do that?"  is beyond my comprehension.   Confused

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: October 01, 2006, 12:15:04 PM »

Blah,
When I started that Murder and Crime thread I had no idea it would catch the eye of MsMarple who has all sorts of abilities to make things happen.  She had made it into a force to be reckoned with.  All I can do it try to keep up with her and send letters to the folks involved.  I cannot say enough about the work she has done.  And I know of some things she has not posted, etc. but has looked into, as have I, but especially MsMarple

So far, the response has been far less than I had hoped for but nonetheless I will continue to follow her example and send the letters because just because they don't answer me doesn't meant they did not read the letter I sent.  It just may be in the back of the mind of someone like Representative Shay when writing the bill on safety on cruise ships to include something about resort areas catering exclusively to tourist most of whom are American, etc.  Maybe only an aid will read it but he might take the idea and present it himself to his boss which would be fabulous too.

And did you note that after we were told there were no crime stats for Aruba because their crime was just so low no one bothered, now suddenly they have crime stats and they are even disputed by the police department!!  

You are right!  Someone is reading and paying attention and maybe, just maybe asking a few questions about this.  

We have even sent the info to Interpol as well.  I can only thank MsMarple from the bottom of my heart for the work she has done on this.

Now I will print her letter to read, lol!  But there are addresses and you can all send a quick note saying Aruba lies about their crime and you know it and will not travel there nor use an agency that sends folks there without a fair warning.  Or whatever you feel like saying to them about it.

AWESOME, MsMARPLE!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: October 01, 2006, 12:18:45 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
msmarple

WOW!  I applaud you!

ME TOO !! Great job !!!!!!

So I vote again MsMarples and Anna call into Dana's show to direct folks to that thread and all this hard work !!!

Anna-

I found this one just for you, I trust with your keen eye you'll know just went to use it  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: October 01, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Thanks Klaas-

I guess we should plan to call into Dana's show tonight with questions just like the ones Blah and Frijole have just detailed? How about we get a bit more organized with a list of callers and questions this time in advance? I'd like to see us help Dave and Dana maximize that interview?

Of course I nominate Anna to call and Sunfreak, MsMarples, hey even Hammer and San????  Very Happy

Moi?

And good morning/afternoon to all you beautiul monkeys!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: October 01, 2006, 12:21:32 PM »

corrected my typo to say ..... you'll know just when to use it!

Anna, you know I'm kidding, right?  Wink I just think maybe we need a poop meter at times  Laughing  Cool

maybe Klaas can use this one  Laughing

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #647 on: October 01, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »

Morning Sunfreak - yes YOU  Laughing

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: October 01, 2006, 12:22:20 PM »

Anna, I just read last week in my local paper about the increase in crime in Mexico because of drug wars.  It was a lengthy article and included beheadings and such as well as mention that the US issued advisories last year for people traveling to Mexico.  Apparently this crime wave has moved into at least some tourist areas - Acapulco was the only place specifically mentioned.  So don't give up!

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: October 01, 2006, 12:25:32 PM »

Do you have a smiley face that says POS Laughing
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #650 on: October 01, 2006, 12:27:34 PM »

I have to go mow my grass but I truly do hope those of you who have continued to work so hard on gathering and assimilating all of this information into something worthy of review will call into Dana's show tonight.

I'll be back to listen in tonight, hope all have a great afternoon!

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: October 01, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »

Lil Puma - you've got email.

San - why don't you call in too?  Very Happy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: October 01, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »

Quote from: "San"

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: October 01, 2006, 12:32:51 PM »

Quote from: "San"

hmmm........

you owe me San  Laughing

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: October 01, 2006, 12:34:18 PM »

Nonesuche,
And I nominate you to call in as well and help with this matter and others concerning Natalee's disappearance.

And thanks for the Smiley, yes, I will know just when to use it as I see lots of that!   Very Happy

So somebody start a list. . . . .??  I am having to use my asthma inhaler and will depend on how well I am breathing at the time if I call or not.

Everybody who calls in feels  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed but we are just callers and not expected to sound professional, just human.  It's OK if you are not like a pro.  Dana is the kindest radio announcer or whatever he is talk show host I guess that I have ever heard.  He will HELP you make your point and is super quick to understand what you are trying to say.

I urge ALL to call who have a question.  Dana is just   and will help you if you need it.  He will NEVER be mean or rude to you.

PERSONA NON GRATA

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: October 01, 2006, 12:34:21 PM »

Klaas  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

okay now I have to post this one too, and I KNOW we can use it  Laughing

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: October 01, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

Anna-

San can attest to the fact I made a couple of calls because she PUT ME UP TO IT !!!!!!!

I think I sound like a brown cow too, so I'm electing others to call instead of me like yourself. I've also been so out of the loop for the last few months, I read and try to digest and catch-up but it's so hard for me. I still don't have my focus back.....

So I think we put our best feet forward and IMO it's others on this board who have contributed so much !

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: October 01, 2006, 12:41:08 PM »

San-

Here's one more for you  Laughing

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: October 01, 2006, 12:41:37 PM »

Well, we didn't come up with those crimes alone.  Lots of monkeys found them and to those I give

and for those who looked but didn't find anything new, the same.

Thanks for looking!  Keep it up for we are watching them now.

I do think we may have just been some small part of the beginning of keeping far more accurate stats than "One Murder In the Last 20 years" which is what started this whole thing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: October 01, 2006, 12:42:52 PM »

San-

Here's one more for you  Laughing

Hey, I resemble that remark.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.