March 28, 2024, 02:31:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #53  (Read 455599 times)
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2008, 09:18:28 PM »

I read some theories last night (won't say where) by bloggers to support Casey's innocence.  They had me ROFLMAO.  Wish I could cut & paste. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2008, 09:18:42 PM »

Seeme    - I'm watching Murt too right now but will have to sit down to dinner in a couple minutes.  Please keep us updated.  Thanks!

Dihannah - if you read this, the person posted on the front page of SM and I brought the post into the forum.

Just saw this,  I figured it out and posted it at Murts.  You Rock Klaas!  How the heck do you keep up with EVERYTHING!

What do you think of hooking Murt up with Dana, since he's doing an interview this week and said he's going to use SM for asking questions and providing info.   Not sure how it would work, but they could be a team?
I like Murt and all -- but he is no "Dana". Dana is a pro!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »

Maybe Cindy is seeing dollar signs.  If Caylee's body is found, her donations dry up overnight.

Yep and I pray TES finds her body. 

You know, I want nothing more for her body to be found for her to be properly buried and all the other right reasons, but in a small, maybe sick way, I feel like saying "IN YOUR FACE" Cindy!  I want her to see her evil and wrong ways.  I know she has to be suffering and I'll give her that, but she's evil and mean!  She'd be better of keeping her freakin' mouth shut, then slamming TES. She only makes herself look worse.   And I have no doubt she played a role in this whole thing, in just enabling Casey.  None of this would have happened, had she been a "real" mom!  Ok, BP rising.  I get so pissed of, when I think of her slamming Tim and her freakin' stupid ass mouth!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »

I read some theories last night (won't say where) by bloggers to support Casey's innocence.  They had me ROFLMAO.  Wish I could cut & paste. 

I know WS has a thread and I think I saw one somewhere else too.   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »

Seeme    - I'm watching Murt too right now but will have to sit down to dinner in a couple minutes.  Please keep us updated.  Thanks!

Dihannah - if you read this, the person posted on the front page of SM and I brought the post into the forum.

Just saw this,  I figured it out and posted it at Murts.  You Rock Klaas!  How the heck do you keep up with EVERYTHING!

What do you think of hooking Murt up with Dana, since he's doing an interview this week and said he's going to use SM for asking questions and providing info.   Not sure how it would work, but they could be a team?

You said that so nice - Wreck!!  You must be a pro too!! 
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »

Oh, I totally agree Wreck!  Dana IS a pro and he rocks!  But maybe Dana having Murt on as a guest or something like that.  I didn't mean to make it out that he is an equal to Dana in the radio business, but maybe Murt can help hook him up with people in this case.  And Murt is doing a great job in his own way in helping in this case....  He should be given some credit.  But NOBODY can EVER replace Dana!

marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »

sooooooo cute!    Do I look like a boy though?
No I think it is precious, and we all know you.
Aw look at you Miss Kitty.  You remind me of the Puss-In-Boots character off of the movie Shrek.  (Shrek is how I picture my buddy Wreck...J/K)

Dolce did you hear of the new summer line we created for you last night? Marymary's wonderful idea of shirtless sleeves! They can be worn in court too!! 

Thank you Boo but we have to give credit where is due.  Mytime created that line of summerware.  I think she may be modeling them too if we're lucky...in a backwards kind of way. 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »

Does anybody actually know what Kids Finders Network is doing for the Anthony's?
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »

Oh gag me!  That would set me off, like RU used to in NH case.  I just can't take it or do that to myself!   

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »

Does anybody actually know what Kids Finders Network is doing for the Anthony's?

Pretending to care?  As a group of missing persons, I suppose they can't turn them away...

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2008, 09:29:25 PM »

Oh, I totally agree Wreck!  Dana IS a pro and he rocks!  But maybe Dana having Murt on as a guest or something like that.  I didn't mean to make it out that he is an equal to Dana in the radio business, but maybe Murt can help hook him up with people in this case.  And Murt is doing a great job in his own way in helping in this case....  He should be given some credit.  But NOBODY can EVER replace Dana!
Okay! I thought you wanted to team them up full-time! By the way, I DO respect Murt!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2008, 09:29:48 PM »

Dihannah - Dana and Red have plenty of connections and don't have a problem getting guests for Dana's show.  I will make sure Dana is aware of Murt though.
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: November 01, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »

Oh gag me!  That would set me off, like RU used to in NH case.  I just can't take it or do that to myself!   

No I think most of them didn't believe it, it was just presented to them as a "how to make Casey's story fit".  They were beyond funny trying to make a senario to fit her innocence. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: November 01, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »

They have supplied fliers and t-shirts.  They support the Anthony's belief that Caylee is alive. 
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2008, 09:33:01 PM »

Okay! I thought you wanted to team them up full-time! By the way, I DO respect Murt!!

LOL,  I did word that wrong, giving the wrong impression.   And I'm soooo confused by the new avi.!   Funny how we relate people to pics. since we don't actually see them personally.  In fact MM is using one that freaked me out for a second!  Smile

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »

No I think most of them didn't believe it, it was just presented to them as a "how to make Casey's story fit".  They were beyond funny trying to make a senario to fit her innocence. 

OH Gotcha!  NOW that WOULD be funny!  Bet that kept 'em busy for hours!  LOL

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #236 on: November 01, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »

LOL,  I did word that wrong, giving the wrong impression.   And I'm soooo confused by the new avi.!   Funny how we relate people to pics. since we don't actually see them personally.  In fact MM is using one that freaked me out for a second!  Smile
Dolce said tonight that she pictured me looking like "Shrek"!! 

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: November 01, 2008, 09:35:38 PM »

I have been trying to do some research in how to set up a not for profit site for the investigation of the murder of Brittany McGlone case here at Scared Monkeys in Unsolved crimes forum. I had no luck what soever. Does anyone here no how to do that? I know we have so many smart Monkeys.. JMHO

My next post is going to be about what I did find. I think it will give you lots to think about.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »

D
Someone started using my Avi while I was in the witches caldren.  This one is temporary.  I am lost without my icecreams. 
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: November 01, 2008, 09:37:26 PM »

I did not copy the whole book. lol.

http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache:ynPE-I2JFiIJ:www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/170022.pdf+How+do+you+a+fund+for+donations+to+hire+a+private+investigator+to+help+find+a+killler&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=27&gl=us&client=firefox-a

F a m i l y S u r v i v a l G u i d e
Checklist: What You Should Do
When Your Child Is First Missing
The first 48 hours following the disappearance of a child are the most critical in terms of finding
and returning that child safely home—but they also can be the most troublesome and chaotic. Use
this checklist during those first hours to help you do everything you can to increase the chances of
recovering your child—but if more than 48 hours have passed since your child disappeared, you
should still try to tend to these items as quickly as possible. All of the action steps described here
are covered in greater detail later in the Guide to help you gain a better understanding of what you
should be doing and why.
The First 24 Hours
Immediately report your child as missing to your local law enforcement agency. Ask investigators
to enter your child into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Missing Persons File. There is
no waiting period for entry into NCIC for children under age 18.
Request that law enforcement put out a Be On the Look Out (BOLO) bulletin. Ask them about
involving the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the search for your child.
Limit access to your home until law enforcement arrives and has collected possible evidence. Do
not touch or remove anything from your child’s room or from your home. Remember that clothing,
sheets, personal items, computers, and even trash may hold clues to the whereabouts of your
child. The checklist in chapter 1 (Gathering Evidence in the First 48 Hours) contains detailed infor-
mation about securing your child’s room and preserving evidence.
Ask for the name and telephone number of the law enforcement investigator assigned to your
case, and keep this information in a safe and convenient place.
Give law enforcement investigators all the facts and circumstances related to the disappearance of
your child, including what efforts have already been made to search for your child.
Write a detailed description of the clothing worn by your child and the personal items he or she
had at the time of the disappearance. Include in your description any personal identification marks,
such as birthmarks, scars, tattoos, or mannerisms, that may help in finding your child. If possible,
find a picture of your child that shows these identification marks and give it to law enforcement.
See the chapter 1 checklist (Gathering Evidence in the First 48 Hours) for more details.
Make a list of friends, acquaintances, and anyone else who might have information or clues about
your child’s whereabouts. Include telephone numbers and addresses, if possible. Tell your law
enforcement investigator about anyone who moved in or out of the neighborhood within the past
year, anyone whose interest in or involvement with the family changed in recent months, and
anyone who appeared to be overly interested in your child.
Find recent photographs of your child in both black and white and color. Make copies of these
pictures for your law enforcement agency, the media, your State missing children’s clearinghouse,
the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), and other nonprofit organizations.
Chapter 4 (Photo and Flier Distribution) contains suggestions on how to produce and distribute
fliers and posters.
Call NCMEC at 800–THE–LOST (800–843–5678) to ask for help with photo distribution. Also, ask
for the telephone numbers of other nonprofit organizations that might be able to help.
Look in the Additional Resources section at the end of this Guide to find the telephone number of
your State missing children’s clearinghouse. Then, call your clearinghouse to find out what re-
sources and services it can provide in the search for your child.
Page 12
I n t r o d u c t i o n
Ask your law enforcement agency to organize a search for your child. Ask them about using track-
ing or trailing dogs (preferably bloodhounds) in the search effort. Read chapters 1 (The Search) and
5 (Volunteers) as you prepare for the search.
Ask your law enforcement agency for help in contacting the media. Chapter 3 (The Media) con-
tains advice on working with the media.
Designate one person to answer your telephone. Keep a notebook or pad of paper by the tele-
phone so this person can jot down names, telephone numbers, dates and times of calls, and other
information relating to each call.
Keep a notebook or pad of paper with you at all times to write down your thoughts or questions
and record important information, such as names, dates, or telephone numbers.
Take good care of yourself and your family, because your child needs you to be strong. As hard as
it may be, force yourself to get rest, eat nourishing food, and talk to someone about your tumultu-
ous feelings. When you can, read chapter 7 (Personal and Family Considerations).
The Second 24 Hours
Talk with your law enforcement investigator about the steps that are being taken to find your child.
If your law enforcement investigator does not have a copy of Missing and Abducted Children: A
Law Enforcement Guide to Case Investigation and Program Management, suggest that he or she
call NCMEC at 800–THE–LOST (800–843–5678) to obtain one. Also, your law enforcement investi-
gator can contact the Crimes Against Children Coordinator in the local FBI Field Office to obtain a
copy of the FBI’s Child Abduction Response Plan.
Expand your list of friends, acquaintances, extended family members, yard workers, delivery per-
sons, and anyone who may have seen your child during or following the abduction.
Look at personal calendars, community events calendars, and newspapers to see if there are any
clues as to who was in the vicinity and might be the abductor or a possible witness. Give this
information to law enforcement.
Expect that you will be asked to take a polygraph test, which is standard procedure. If you have
not done so yet, read chapter 1 (The Search).
Ask your law enforcement agency to request that NCMEC issue a broadcast fax to law enforce-
ment agencies around the country. If you have not already read chapter 4 (Photo and Flier Distribu-
tion), try to read it now.
Work with your law enforcement agency to schedule press releases and media events. If neces-
sary, ask someone close to you to serve as your media spokesperson. Chapter 3 (The Media)
provides tips on working with the media.
Talk to your law enforcement agency about the use of a reward. When you can, read chapter 6
(Rewards and Donations).
Report all extortion attempts to law enforcement.
Have a second telephone line installed with call forwarding. Get caller ID and call waiting. Ask law
enforcement to install a trap-and-trace feature on your phone. Get a cellular phone or pager so you
can be reached when you are away from home.
Take care of yourself. Don’t be afraid to ask others to take care of your physical and emotional
needs and those of your family. Read chapter 7 (Personal and Family Considerations) for specific
suggestions.
Make a list of things that volunteers can do for you and your family. See chapter 5 (Volunteers) for
ideas.
Call your child’s doctor and dentist and ask for copies of medical records and x rays. Give them to
law enforcement.
Page 13

When a child is reported missing, emotions
become raw, which can hinder the ability of
parents to make rational decisions. Yet, the
actions of parents and of law enforcement in
the first 48 hours are critical to the safe recov-
ery of a missing child. Knowing what you can
do, what others can do, and where to go for
help will not only expedite the search and
recovery of your child, it also will help to ease
the emotional and financial burden of the
search. This chapter examines your role and
the role of others in the immediate search for
your missing child and discusses what steps
should be taken in the event that your child
does not return within the first few days.

Your Role
in the
Search:
The First 48 Hours
In the initial stage ofthe search, devote yourtime to providing infor-mation to and answer-
ing questions frominvestigators. Once youdiscover that your child ismissing, you will desper-
ately want to help withthe search. You may, infact, wonder how youpossibly can stand by and
let others look for your child. But the reality is that in most instances, the best use of your energy
 is not on the physical search itself. Rather, you need to provideinformation to and answer
 questions from investigators and to be at home in the event your child calls.
The checklist Gathering Evidence in the First 48 Hours identifies the most crucial pieces of background
 information and evidence that law enforcement will need in the search for your child.
The Role of Law
Enforcement in
the Search
When a child has disappeared, most of the initial searching of the area where the
child is believed to have been last will be coordinated by law enforcement—either
Federal, State, or local, depending on the circumstances of the disappearance.
Law enforcement
needs to direct the search effort in orderto make sure that the
search is performed properly and that the evidence located during
the search—and at the crime scene—is properly protected and
preserved.

Usually, law enforce-ment agencies can quickly obtain the
necessary equipment and mobilize additional personnel by
bringing in outside forces.

Inform your assigned law enforcement
investigator about your decision to hire a
private investigator. In most instances,
this individual will need to talk to law
enforcement before becoming involved
in the case.
Psychics
Keep an open mind—and a closed pocket-
book—when considering the use of a psychic.
Most parents are desperate to try anything, but
they need to understand that there are very
few true psychics. Many are fraudulent or, at
best, misguided individuals who want to help
so much that they have self-induced visions.
Hearing their sometimes negative dreams and
visions can cause undue stress, a loss of hope,
or an unfounded sense of hope. If you are
considering turning to a psychic, remember the
following tips:
s
Ask someone close to the family to
record any psychic leads, because the
information is usually distressing. Give all
such leads to law enforcement.
s
If any lead is highly specific, such as
a particular address, insist that law
enforcement check it out. Follow up
with law enforcement to find out the
value of the lead.
s
Never allow a psychic to go into your child’s
room unattended or to take items without
making arrangements for their return.
Regardless of whether some psychics have
true visions, any purportedly psychic dream
may be an actual obser-
vation by someone who
is afraid to get involved.
That is why even psychic
leads need to be checked
out whenever possible.
Overzealous
Individuals
Be prepared to encounter
a few people who are
fanatical or obsessive in
their behavior or in their
desire to help. Keep in
mind that some people may try to use your
loss to gain attention for themselves. Protect
yourself from people who might be delusional
or who may prey on victims through scams or
by offering false hopes and expectations. The
key is to keep your focus and exercise caution.
Page 19

Checklist: Gathering Evidence
in the First 48 Hours
One of the most critical aspects in the search for a missing child is the gathering of evidence that
may hold clues about a child’s disappearance or whereabouts. The mishandling of evidence can
adversely affect an investigation. Similarly, the collection and preservation of evidence are key to
finding a missing child. Parents play a vital role in finding a missing child by providing critical infor-
mation to law enforcement, by protecting evidence in and around the home, and by gathering
information about persons or situations that might hold clues. The following are some tips on what
you should do to help law enforcement conduct a thorough and complete investigation.
Secure your child’s room. Even though your child may have disappeared from outside the home,
your child’s room should be searched thoroughly by law enforcement for clues and evidence.
Don’t clean the child’s room, wash your child’s clothes, or pick up your house. Don’t allow well-
meaning family members or friends to disturb anything. Even a trash bin or a computer may con-
tain clues that lead to the recovery of the child.
Do not touch or remove anything from your child’s room or from your home that might
have your child’s fingerprints, DNA, or scent on it. This includes your child’s hairbrush, bed
linens, worn clothing, pencil with bite marks, diary, or address book. With a good set of fingerprints
or a sample of DNA from hair, law enforcement may be able to tell whether your child has been in
a particular car or house. With good scent material, tracking dogs may be able to find your child.
Do not allow anyone else to sleep in your child’s bed, play with his or her toys, or use his or
her bedroom for any purpose. Law enforcement dispatch should advise you not to disturb any
part of the house until a thorough search of the scene has been conducted. Investigators should
let you know when their search is complete.
Be prepared to give investigators all the facts and circumstances related to the disappear-
ance of your child. This includes knowing where your child was last seen, where your child nor-
mally went to play, what your child was wearing, and what personal possessions your child had
with him or her.
Describe in detail the clothing your child was wearing and any personal items in the child’s
possession at the time of the disappearance. Specify color, brand, and size. If possible, have
someone obtain replicas of clothing, hats, purses, backpacks, or other items your child had or wore
at the time of the disappearance. Give these articles to law enforcement for them to release to the
media and to show to searchers. Make sure you mark these items as duplicates or replicas.
Make a list of personal identification marks and specific personality traits. Describe birth-
marks, scars, tattoos, missing teeth, eyeglasses, contacts, speech patterns, and behavioral traits.
If possible, find photographs that show these unique features. If you have fingerprints of your child
or a DNA blood sample, also give these to law enforcement.
Gather together personal items, such as baby teeth, old baseball caps, or old toothbrushes.
These items may contain hair or blood samples that may be useful as DNA evidence. Also look for
pencils or toys that contain impressions of your child’s teeth.
Think about your child’s behavior and routine. Be prepared to discuss where your child played
or hung out, what was the usual route taken to and from school, and what other paths of travel
might have been taken. Be specific about what your child did for recreation, including playing out-
doors, surfing the Internet, and other activities.
Try to remember any changes in your child’s routine or any new experiences. Look at per-
sonal and family calendars to see if they contain clues as to your child’s whereabouts or the iden-
tity of the abductor. For example, during the past year, did your child join a soccer team, change
teams, or get a new coach? Did your child start playing or hanging out in a different area? Did your
child keep a diary that might hold clues?
Page 22
Try to remember if your child mentioned any new friends. Talk with your child’s friends and
teachers to see if they know of any new friends or other contacts your child recently made.
Find recent photographs of your child in both color and black and white, then have some-
one make multiple copies of the photographs and keep the originals in a safe place. Check
your cameras for undeveloped film, because the most recent photos of your child may be found
there. Ask family members and friends to do the same. Give law enforcement multiple photos
showing different poses. Steer away from formal or posed photos that do not look like your child.
Being careful not to damage the photo, mark the back of each picture with your child’s name,
address, date of birth, and age when the picture was taken.
Find videotapes or movies of your child and make copies. Also ask family members and
friends if they have videotapes or movies of your child, perhaps at birthday parties, soccer games,
and so forth. Give law enforcement copies that show your child’s expressions and mannerisms.
Make a list of family members, friends, acquaintances, coaches, teachers, and other school
staff. Write down as many telephone numbers and addresses as you can. Offer information for
prior in-laws and relatives as well. Include on your list anyone you feel might have something
against you or your family.
Make a list of everyone who routinely comes to your home. Your list should include postal
workers, meter readers, garbage collectors, repair persons, salespeople, pizza delivery persons,
and so forth.
Make a list of new, different, or unusual people or circumstances in and around your home
or school within the past year. Think about if you or any of your neighbors had any home remod-
eling or house repairs done within the past year. Were any houses listed for sale in your neighbor-
hood in the past year? Has there been any road construction or building in the area? Have any
traveling carnivals passed through the area?
Ask your child’s doctor and dentist for copies of the child’s medical and dental records
and x rays. Give copies of all medical and dental records to law enforcement for use in the
investigation.
Page 23
T h e S e a r c h
Notes
Page 24
L a w E n f o r c e m e n t
Law Enforcement
To give your child the best chance of being found, you and law
enforcement must treat one another as partners.
—Don Ryce
Few parents have had experience working
with law enforcement agencies. Perhaps you
have had contact previously with law enforce-
ment as a result of a traffic ticket or an accident.
If so, you probably saw law enforcement as
the enforcer of rules that had been broken—
not as a lifeline.
But when your child is missing, you and law
enforcement become partners pursuing a
common goal—finding your lost or abducted
child. As partners, you need to establish a
relationship that is based on mutual respect,
trust, and honesty. As partners, however, you
do not have to agree on every detail. This
chapter provides insight into the relationship
you are entering into with law enforcement—
what you can expect from the investigation,
what types of questions you are likely to be
asked, and what situations you and your fam-
ily are likely to encounter in the process.
Your Partnership
With Law
Enforcement
Most people do not believe that they will be
victims of crime—or that
their children will be
victimized. But if a young
member of your family
becomes a victim, you
will likely wonder what
law enforcement expects
of you and what you can
expect of law enforce-
ment. Understanding
these expectations will
deepen your knowledge
of law enforcement’s
role, establish a sound basis for your relation-
ship with the agencies and organizations that
are there to help, and assist you in handling
this all-too-sudden change in circumstances.
Make sure law enforcement understands
that your child is in danger and that his or
her absence is likely to be involuntary. If
your child is 10 years old or younger, it will not
be hard to show that your child is in danger.
However, if your child is older than 10, it is
important to let law enforcement know that
your child’s absence is not normal behavior
and that you would be surprised if your child
had disappeared voluntarily.
Check to see if any money, clothing (other
than what your child was wearing), or
other personal items are missing. If nothing
else is missing, be sure law enforcement is
aware of this.
Let law enforcement know how your child
is doing in school and if your child has
quarreled recently with you or a friend. If
you can establish that there is nothing to
indicate that your child ran away, it will expe-
dite law enforcement’s classification of your
child as abducted or endangered.
Be honest, complete,
and forthcoming in
your statements and
answers to law en-
forcement. Fully dis-
close all recent activities
of and conversations
with your child. What
may seem insignificant
to you may be important
to an investigator.
W
hen asked if it bothered
me to take a lie detector
test, I told the reporter,
“They can electrocute me if
it will bring my son back.”
—Claudine Ryce
CHAP TER 2
Page 25
Be prepared for hard, repetitious questions
from investigators. As difficult as it may be,
try not to respond in a hostile manner to ques-
tions that seem personal or offensive. The
fact is that investigators must ask difficult and
sensitive questions if they are to do their jobs
effectively.
Don’t feel guilty about relaying suspicions
concerning someone you know. It is not
often that a total stranger takes a child. You
may not want to believe that it is someone
that you know, but keep an open mind and
consider all the possibilities. Above all else,
trust your feelings, instincts, and gut reactions
and share them with law enforcement so they
can be checked out.
Do everything possible to get you and your
family removed from the suspect list. As
painful as it may be, accept the fact that a
large number of children are harmed by mem-
bers of their own families, and therefore you
and your family will be considered suspects
until you are cleared. To help law enforcement
move on to other suspects, volunteer early to
take a polygraph test. Insist that both parents
be tested at the same time by different inter-
viewers, or one after another. This will help to
deflect media speculation that one of you was
involved in the disappearance.
Insist that everyone close to your child be
interviewed. Encourage everyone—includ-
ing family members, friends, neighbors,
teachers, and coaches—to cooperate in the
investigatory process. Although polygraph
testing is voluntary, refusal to take a poly-
graph can cause law enforcement to spend
time trying to eliminate an individual from the
suspect list through other means and, as a
result, take valuable time away from finding
the real suspect.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.