March 28, 2024, 05:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #53  (Read 455764 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1200 on: November 03, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »

this is on the bottom of the helpfindcaylee.com website:

Help Find Caylee™ and Caylee Marie Anthony™
Copyright© 2008. All rights reserved.

However I just checked the US Patent and TM office and there's nothing on file for those TM's.

The Anthonys lying AGAIN? shocking.

Help Find Caylee ...Caylee Marie Anthony

They can't trademark or copyright Caylee's name. It's Caylee's name (and she's not here to give permission), not theirs.  As for "Help Find Caylee".. what if (heaven forbid) another girl by the name of Caylee goes missing? That family will then have to come up with some unique way to ask for help? It's completely ridiculous. 

anothermonkey  ... you are sooo brave.  I do exactly what I am told by the "powers that be".

Hey ... I do not remove the tags from pillows that say "do not remove tag".  Think about it.  There just may be a tracking device involved and ... the "pillow police" will be at my door and ... I may be hauled off ... never to be seen again.

Janet

LOL!! Not me, I rip those things off as soon as I take them out of the bag. I need a good reason to follow the rules, otherwise I just follow my own conscience.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1201 on: November 03, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »

Sometimes I quote well, other times I'm a dud. 
I gotta run to the post office.  My son is coming  home from Iraq (thank you Lord!).  This was his second and last deployment.  He sent all his stuff home in trunks and I gotta go get them at the post office.  See you later Monkeys.

BB -What a wonderful trip this will be to the post office!  God Bless your son and please thank him for helping to keep this country free. God Bless America!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1202 on: November 03, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »

Just wanted to give an update to my continued effort to get Noreen Reineer's help in this case.

I called Det Yuri Melich and told him that Noreen would be willing to help at no charge but he told me that they were not interested.   I again contacted Noreen and asked if she could have a detective from another agency that she worked with in the past to contact Det Melich and speak with him about her and her track record hoping that would help.  She has told me that being that she is bound by ethics in her profession as a Professional Psychic Investigator that she cannot help in this case unless she is asked to by LE or family.   She is disappointed that they don't want her help.

So as a last ditch attempt, I have contacted TES and told them about Noreen and her work and asked them if they would consider her offer.  I have read somewhere that Tim Miller is not too keen on using "psychics" on his searches, but I am hoping he will consider Ms. Reineer and her insight in the upcoming search for Caylee.
Dear Karmalady,  Let's hope that maybe LE's case against Casey is so good that they don't need her help.   
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1203 on: November 03, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

Janet -- pillow police. You are too funny. If I see a sign that reads do not touch, I try so hard not to touch but sometimes I do. 

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1204 on: November 03, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

Just wanted to give an update to my continued effort to get Noreen Reineer's help in this case.

I called Det Yuri Melich and told him that Noreen would be willing to help at no charge but he told me that they were not interested.   I again contacted Noreen and asked if she could have a detective from another agency that she worked with in the past to contact Det Melich and speak with him about her and her track record hoping that would help.  She has told me that being that she is bound by ethics in her profession as a Professional Psychic Investigator that she cannot help in this case unless she is asked to by LE or family.   She is disappointed that they don't want her help.

So as a last ditch attempt, I have contacted TES and told them about Noreen and her work and asked them if they would consider her offer.  I have read somewhere that Tim Miller is not too keen on using "psychics" on his searches, but I am hoping he will consider Ms. Reineer and her insight in the upcoming search for Caylee.

I think it's great that you are trying to get her help.  Would she consider talking with someone associated with the TES search, or does it have to be an official?

I am hoping that if Tim Miller agrees to her help that he in turn can talk to Det Melich and they can get the ball rolling.
Karmalady.  Do you know if Noreen knows something that could be helpful to the search.  Or does the process...or whatever it is...begin when she has been given permission by fam. or LE? tia

I know Noreen works through what is called psychometry, in which an item belonging to the victim is used.  It is how she works best but I believe she has worked with photographs of victims also.  I got the impression from her that she already has some "insight" into this case.  She never came out and said that but did say she thought she could be of help.  Her willingness to do this for no fee/publicity and just wanting to help when she's so busy gives me that impression.   I can only hope someone in authority will just talk to her and see what she has to say.  I don't see how it can hurt.  She is not going to risk her reputation and lead them in circles if she didn't think she could help.

I don't think it would hurt of they listened to what she has to say. There is a strong case against Casey but Caylee still needs to be laid to rest properly.

I remember you, Caylee.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1205 on: November 03, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »

That hug is soooo staged!   Cindy lives for being the star on camera!

http://www.wftv.com/video/17873279/index.html

Lisa

Is it bad to think I would not let my teenager near her and especially not a small child? Oh, well. I just thought it. Bad or not. 

I don't know if the actual hug was staged....but I think it probably was....why would a video be taken if it wasn't meant to be sent to TV stations...but....I do believe the emotion was real....I know Cindy and George loved Caylee and it has to be heart breaking to see a little girl Caylee's age....and I think something just like that hug...staged or not...will be the thing  that finally cracks whatever it is holding them together right now..it will be the cracking that will bring them out of the denial and into the awful realization that Caylee is gone to them forever....and that Casey is responsible....I would not want to be either of the A's when that happens.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: November 03, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

I'm sure that Cindy did love Caylee while she was living.  But the new objects of her affection happen to be cameras and $$$$.  Her quote from last night:

"Having other families go through the same thing, words can't describe it. I mean, you need it," Cindy said

The focus is never on Caylee, it is alway on Casey or the Anthony's pain.   

Lisa

My prayer is that Cindy's love for her grandaughter will be the catalyst that will have the ability to bring about justice for Caylee Mariee.  My hope is that the burden of deception in her efforts to protect her daughter from the consequences of her actions will become to heavy of a load and ... "tough love" for her daughter will be the outcome.

I tend to believe that Casey has always been very dependent on her mother's support ... both emotionally and financially.  In other words Cindy has always been there to abet Casey and ... shield her from take personal responsibility for wrongdoing.

If Cindy was to bow out from the role of abetting her daughter and ... out of love for Casey do what is right ... maybe ... just maybe ... Caylee's mother will bow and reveal all.

THIS IS MY PRAYER!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1207 on: November 03, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »

They can't trademark or copyright Caylee's name. It's Caylee's name (and she's not here to give permission), not theirs.  As for "Help Find Caylee".. what if (heaven forbid) another girl by the name of Caylee goes missing? That family will then have to come up with some unique way to ask for help? It's completely ridiculous. 

anothermonkey  ... you are sooo brave.  I do exactly what I am told by the "powers that be".

Hey ... I do not remove the tags from pillows that say "do not remove tag".  Think about it.  There just may be a tracking device involved and ... the "pillow police" will be at my door and ... I may be hauled off ... never to be seen again.

Janet

Yeknomaras wrote: However I just checked the US Patent and TM office and there's nothing on file for those TM's.

Trademarks take time..  in the meantime, they should be writing "trademark pending". But that isn't what is by the name.  You cannot trademark a name w/out the person's permission. They are only grandparents. They were never legal guardians, and they certainly were not given permission by Caylee herself.

http://www.usip.com/articles/nameastm.htm

When a personal name is used as a trademark, it is treated by the Patent and Trademark Office and the courts as a descriptive term, with proof of secondary meaning or distinctiveness required for either protection as a trademark by the courts or federal registration with the Patent and Trademark Office. The most likely reason for this requirement is that the use of a personal name as a mark does not pinpoint one individual source of goods without proof of distinctiveness and should not be the basis for preventing others with the same or a similar name from using it in their own businesses.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: November 03, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »

Janet -- pillow police. You are too funny. If I see a sign that reads do not touch, I try so hard not to touch but sometimes I do. 

You rebel you!!

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
yeknomaras
Scared Monkey

read the name backwards! :)

« Reply #1209 on: November 03, 2008, 01:38:28 PM »

oh my goodness. seeing that video of cindy hugging that girl actually made me a bit teary eyed. I just wish that hugging that girl made her head go CLICK and realize that she wants justice for CAYLEE. not money or to cover up for Casey.

Bring Caylee home.
<3
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1210 on: November 03, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »

O/T  Dear Iamheretoday,  Your avatar is hysterical!!!

Thanks, I have always liked this animation.  I have bunches of icons, will try to remember to share with each post, so peeps can grab what they like.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1211 on: November 03, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »

Can You Trademark Someone Else's Name

Can you trademark someone else’s name?

A name “identifying a particular living individual” cannot be registered as a trademark without written consent. 15 U.S.C. §1052(c).

The name in question does not have to be a full, or legal, name.

This impediment to trademark and/or use protects privacy rights and publicity rights that living persons have in the designations that identify them.

Publicity rights of celebrities routinely survive their deaths, so the impediment to trademark registration and/or use extends to deceased celebrities.

Whether intended or not, if the public would recognize and understand the trademark as identifying a particular person, consent is required.

Such public identification means the person is sufficiently known in the field of the product or service that an association between the person and the trademark will be made by the relevant public, or

The person is so well known that the name will invariably be associated with the person (such a Prince Charles).

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1212 on: November 03, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »

When a personal name is used as a trademark, it is treated by the Patent and Trademark Office and the courts as a descriptive term, with proof of secondary meaning or distinctiveness required for either protection as a trademark by the courts or federal registration with the Patent and Trademark Office. The most likely reason for this requirement is that the use of a personal name as a mark does not pinpoint one individual source of goods without proof of distinctiveness and should not be the basis for preventing others with the same or a similar name from using it in their own businesses.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ34.html

Names, titles, and short phrases or expressions are not subject to copyright protection. Even if a name, title, or short phrase is novel or distinctive or if it lends itself to a play on words, it cannot be protected by copyright.

The Copyright Office cannot register claims to exclusive rights in brief combinations of words such as:

* Names of products or services
    * Names of businesses, organizations, or groups (including the name of a group of performers)
    * Names of pseudonyms of individuals (including pen name or stage name)
    * Titles of works
    * Catchwords, catchphrases, mottoes, slogans, or short advertising expressions
    * Mere listings of ingredients, as in recipes, labels, or formulas. When a recipe or formula is accompanied by explanation or directions, the text directions may be copyrightable, but the recipe or formula itself remains uncopyrightable.

So neither of their claims are valid.  Hence I can type Caylee Marie Anthony (or Help Find Caylee) as many times as I want! 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: November 03, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »

I think it's great that you are trying to get her help.  Would she consider talking with someone associated with the TES search, or does it have to be an official?

I am hoping that if Tim Miller agrees to her help that he in turn can talk to Det Melich and they can get the ball rolling.
Karmalady.  Do you know if Noreen knows something that could be helpful to the search.  Or does the process...or whatever it is...begin when she has been given permission by fam. or LE? tia

I know Noreen works through what is called psychometry, in which an item belonging to the victim is used.  It is how she works best but I believe she has worked with photographs of victims also.  I got the impression from her that she already has some "insight" into this case.  She never came out and said that but did say she thought she could be of help.  Her willingness to do this for no fee/publicity and just wanting to help when she's so busy gives me that impression.   I can only hope someone in authority will just talk to her and see what she has to say.  I don't see how it can hurt.  She is not going to risk her reputation and lead them in circles if she didn't think she could help.

If she does have some insight....she needs to let Tim know...he is her best shot....there was a psychic on one of the searches I was on....so I do know that Tim is open minded. I know you said she has to be contacted by LE or family....but as we know every rules can, for good reason, be broken. This might just be one of those times. I see her usual fee to LE is 1,000.00 for an hour or 2....if she is indeed willing to forego her fee...she might be able to get Tim's attention. JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1214 on: November 03, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

There used to be a show on the Discovery Channel called, "Sensing Murder."  The two psychics, Pam Coronado and Laurie Campbell, operate the same way.  They were called in by either family members or law enforcement.  It would be nice if Det. Melich could just talk to her and see what she knows about information that has never been released to the public.  Unfortunately there are unscrupulous "psychics" that give the good ones a bad name.

Lisa
yeknomaras
Scared Monkey

read the name backwards! :)

« Reply #1215 on: November 03, 2008, 01:41:28 PM »

Yeknomaras wrote: However I just checked the US Patent and TM office and there's nothing on file for those TM's.

Trademarks take time..  in the meantime, they should be writing "trademark pending". But that isn't what is by the name.  You cannot trademark a name w/out the person's permission. They are only grandparents. They were never legal guardians, and they certainly were not given permission by Caylee herself.

I suppose if the "R" was next to the trademark then they'd be in trouble.. from what I read you aren't allowed to put that unless the trademark has been issued (not pending).

good info on the other stuff though, thanks for clarifying. there's no end to this madness right?!

Bring Caylee home.
<3
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1216 on: November 03, 2008, 01:41:44 PM »

Thank you all for feeling blessed for what my son has done in Iraq.  He called his sister (my daughter) last night and said they just flew in from Germany and were in Portland, Maine.  They had a four hour layover and then were going onto a base in Texas where they have to go through some pyschological questioning and testing before they'll be released.  All standard stuff.  He should be flying home on the 8th!     The first time he was in Iraq, he'd call home and we'd be talking and then I'd hear incoming mortar fire where he was.  And son would still be talking away to me.  I'm like, "uh, do you have to take cover?" and he'd be laughing saying the Iraqi's don't have good aim..I'll be fine."  Can you believe that?  Read this article...this is some woman!
invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1217 on: November 03, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »

Just a question .... NR is a person aside from her "profession" ... why can't she just "show up" as a volunteer and use her "services" on the fly ... (for free) .... IMO she can volunteer as a searcher, if she would choose to do so .... if her "gifts" would help during the search ... well then, that would be a bonus ... OR if she was interested in helping ... why doesn't she make a trip on the "down low" to Orlando "off the record" with a few of her "peeps" and look for this baby ...

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: November 03, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »

Thank you all for feeling blessed for what my son has done in Iraq.  He called his sister (my daughter) last night and said they just flew in from Germany and were in Portland, Maine.  They had a four hour layover and then were going onto a base in Texas where they have to go through some pyschological questioning and testing before they'll be released.  All standard stuff.  He should be flying home on the 8th!     The first time he was in Iraq, he'd call home and we'd be talking and then I'd hear incoming mortar fire where he was.  And son would still be talking away to me.  I'm like, "uh, do you have to take cover?" and he'd be laughing saying the Iraqi's don't have good aim..I'll be fine."  Can you believe that?  Read this article...this is some woman!

Your precious son is on American soil!!!

Now when that young man in in the arms of his loving family ... bikerbev, all will be right with your world.

Hugs

Janet

_____

invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1219 on: November 03, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »

BikerBev - Much appreciation to your son ... and thanks goes to you as well!

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.