April 25, 2024, 08:59:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infant's Body Found 10/30/08 Stamford, CT MOM arrested (Angelina Sarmiento)  (Read 4648 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 30, 2008, 09:01:47 PM »

Infant's Body Discovered In Stamford
Police Say Child Was Newborn

POSTED: 5:04 pm EDT October 30, 2008

STAMFORD, Conn. -- The body of an infant was discovered Thursday morning on Henry Street in Stamford.

Police said the child was rushed to Stamford Hospital by paramedics and pronounced dead a short time after arrival.
The child appears to be a full-term infant, recently born, police said. The specific circumstances of the child's birth and death are still being investigated, they said, and the scene is being treated as a possible crime scene.

No arrests have been made at this point. The incident is still under investigation.
http://www.wfsb.com/news/17850863/detail.html?rss=hart&psp=news

We live in one SICK world, my friends...one very sick, demented world.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:24:25 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:15:09 AM »

STAMFORD, CT -- Stamford police have charged a 25-year-old city woman with murder in the death of her newborn baby.
Officers arrested Angelina Sarmiento Thursday night and jailed her on $1 million bond. She was to appear in Stamford Superior Court on Friday.
Police say the baby was found Thursday morning on Henry Street in the city's South End and was pronounced dead a short time later at Stamford Hospital. Authorities say the infant apparently died within hours after being born.
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the cause of death and whether the baby was born alive.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6472689

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:22:22 AM »

Update: Mother stabbed newborn baby before dumping it in Stamford's South End
Mother told police she was distraught over expenses

Article Launched: 10/31/2008 11:51:53 AM EDT

Angelina Sarmiento (contributed photo)The newborn baby found dead in Stamford's South End early Thursday was born alive sometime early Wednesday morning before being stabbed with a kitchen utensil by its mother about two hours later, police investigators believe.
Angelina Sarmiento, 25, of 207 Henry Street was charged with murder Friday morning and is being arraigned in state Superior Court in Stamford today.

Police obtained a warrant to search Sarmiento's home at 207 Henry Street early Thursday morning after receiving a tip from Norwalk Police about the crime, Assistant Police Chief Robert Nivakoff said.

Police did not specify details a time for the birth but said Sarmiento cleaned the newborn before putting it in the closet for about two hours.

Sarmiento lives in the apartment with her husband, who was not present at the time.

Sarmiento then stabbed the baby with an unidentified utensil before placing it in the dumpster behind the buiilding, Nivakoff said.

Police are questioning Sarmiento's husband about the murder, but do not consider him a suspect in the crime, Nivakoff said.

Based on Sarmiento's statements, Nivakoff said police believe she acted because she was distraught about the expense of raising a new child.

Sarmiento told police she has three other children living with her family in Honduras, Nivakoff said.

While investigating the crime scene Thursday, police saw Sarmiento near the Dumpster, but she fled into the building shortly afterwards.

Sarmiento is being held on $1 million bond, Nivakoff said.

https://www.newstimes.com/ci_10865150?source%253Dmost_viewed.20F88DA3D7D369F5BB70F372987EAE1F.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »

Associated Press - October 31, 2008 2:04 PM ET

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - Stamford police say they now believe a baby found dead Thursday morning was stabbed by his mother about two hours after she gave birth in her home.
Investigators say they believe Angelina Sarmiento stabbed the baby with a kitchen utensil in her apartment on Henry Street and then put him in an outside trash container.
The 25-year-old Sarmiento was arraigned on charges of murder and concealment of birth Friday in Stamford Superior Court. She's being held on $1 million bond.
Her public defender says he's considering requesting a competency hearing for his client.
Investigators believe Sarmiento was distraught about the expense of raising a new child, and they say she has three other children living with her family in Honduras.
http://www.masscops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64229

rebelgirl901
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »

I have a suggestion.....Stop having kids if you can't afford the one's you have.  Ever heard of birth control? 

This is a sick, sick world we live in when a woman gives birth in her home to a baby then stabs it and throws it in a dumpster like garbage.  I have no sympathy for this piece of human debris.  This is an outrage.  She should not be allowed to breed.

Justice 4 Natalee/Justice 4 Caylee<br /><br />Where is Lindsey Baum
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.