March 28, 2024, 10:59:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul: Obama won't pull troops out of Iraq  (Read 1882 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 30, 2008, 11:00:44 PM »

David Edwards and Stephen C. Webster

Published: Thursday October 30, 2008

(snip)

Maddow's introduction detailed an article in Politico, which outlined a plan by senior Republicans to meet two days after the election and discuss a plan to "revive" the party.

"... Which is not something you typically plan to do if you think your nominee is gonna win the White House," said Maddow.

With looming electoral defeat and internal power struggles, what will become of the Republican party? This question in mind, Maddow introduced her guest.

"Why did you decide to stick with the Republican party straight through the primaries, and not try to be the nominee of the Constitution Party or the Libertarian Party this year?" she asked Rep. Paul.

"Mainly because the laws are very biased against some people doing that," he said. "Some won't even allow you to do it. The system is not very democratic for third parties and alternate choices. All the rules and all the laws are written by Republicans and Democrats, and it's very hard to get into debates.

"If I hadn't been in the Republican primary, I wouldn't get into the debates. It's very hard to get on ballots, although they've done relatively well. It takes a lot of money. They'll spend half their money just getting on ballots. The system is very biased against competition."

"We have fallen into a terrible trap," Paul explained moments later. "Unfortunately, the two major candidates aren't even talking about Syria, Pakistan, and the things that are important. They essentially agree with that viewpoint; they both say send more troops to Afghanistan.

"And, quite frankly, I am not expecting the troops, regardless of whether Obama wins, to be home in 16 months. That is just pure political talk."

This video is from MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show, broadcast October 29, 2008.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Ron_Paul_Obama_wont_pull_troops_1030.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »

This is why informed and educated voting matters.

That is just pure political talk.

You have to think critically to recognize it - something which escapes more voters than I would like to imagine.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.