April 24, 2024, 10:18:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama returns aunt's donation after illegal immigrant report  (Read 1557 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 01, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »

Obama returns aunt's donation after illegal immigrant report

1 hour ago

HENDERSON, Nevada (AFP) — Barack Obama's White House campaign said Saturday it was returning a small donation from his Boston-based Kenyan aunt after questions were raised over her US immigration status.

Aides said Obama had not been in touch with his late father's sister, Zeituni Onyango, 56, for at least four years, and questioned reporting about her residency status so close to Tuesday's election against Republican John McCain.

Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt said the campaign was returning 265 dollars donated by the aunt to her nephew's White House bid.

Foreigners cannot donate money to US presidential candidates. But aides refused to say whether returning the money was an acknowledgement that the aunt was an illegal alien.

"Given the information that has been brought to our attention, the contributions are being refunded," LaBolt said in a statement, without elaborating.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iF6sfNPx4IKAb0TBQjy1HbG-jmcg

How many more?

If Obama had taken public funding, would this be a problem? 

Did the Obama screening process work in this case?

How many more?  Special interests?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 05:39:41 PM »

i am waiting for Joe the Plumbers opinion on this 

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

Opinions...

I would find it hard to turn down any refugee.  I think being related to an unpopular leader (Obama counsin IIRC) in Kenya would be a reason for asylum.  I'm not sure why she would be turned down, but I've never followed those things and didn't know there were so many in the US, 10 million...

Since she is also related to what some think is the world's most popular American politician, and potential president...

Would she be greeted with open arms at home?  Any reason for her to fear going home?  Why stay in the US?

The other Obama, the one from Chicago is reported to ba a world citizen, and very popular abroad. 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.