April 25, 2024, 10:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gov. Palin  (Read 3343 times)
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: October 31, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »

<i>…Governor Palin and I don’t agree on a lot of things, mostly social issues. But I have grown to appreciate the Governor. I was one of those initial skeptics and would laugh at the pictures. Not anymore. When someone takes on a corrupt political machine and a sitting governor, that is not done by someone with a low I.Q. or a moral core made of tissue paper. When someone fights her way to get scholarships and work her way through college even in a jagged line, that shows determination and humility you can’t learn from reading Reinhold Niebuhr. When a mother brings her son with special needs onto the national stage with love, honesty, and pride, that gives hope to families like mine as my older brother lives with a mental disability. And when someone can sit on a stage during the Sarah Palin rap on Saturday Night Live, put her hands in the air and watch someone in a moose costume get shot—that’s a sign of both humor and humanity.

Has she made mistakes? Of course, she’s human too. But the attention paid to her mistakes has been unprecedented compared to Senator Obama’s “57 states” remarks or Senator Biden using a version of the Samuel Johnson quote, “There’s nothing like a hanging in the morning to focus a man’s thoughts.”
</i>

Obama Speechwriter Switches to McCain; Ignored by MSM
By P.J. Gladnick

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:25:41 PM »

Former Reagan chief of staff Ken Duberstein told CNN's Fareed Zakaria this week he intends to vote for Democrat Barack Obama on Tuesday.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/31/former-reagan-adviser-endorses-obama/

Ken Duberstein: Palin not ready, bad judgement McCain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ImySRVdO4

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »

She is the single greatest reason that this formerly undecided voter will probably go with Obama.  McCain made a huge mistake.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »

I was compelled to write something about Gov. Sarah Palin in response to passing by Jack Cafferty (CNN) again.  Both times, Jack was displaying his emails.  Both times were an overwhelming experience of watching email after email of biased one-note opinion.  Today’s treat was Palin on a skewer.  Not one email opinion varied from the chant, had anything positive to say. . . it was all negative.  It was a clear Pickin’ on Palin Fest.

Palin dares to be different, so club her.  Palin talks folksy but tells it as she sees it, so beat her down.  Palin describes proximity to Russia as seeing it out her kitchen window.  While Biden describes a stroll down the street to an establishment gone for decades—and wants you to go along with him!  Both are running for VP.

While many wish to focus on Palin in the Presidency, what about Biden?  He makes more blunders than most politicians; he’s known for it.  I call it “Biden Buffoonery!”  There has already been an attempt on Obama; and, he hasn’t been elected, yet.  Rumors of ineligibility could turn to facts; Obama could be removed after election.  Biden could be your President.  This could place Nancy Pelosi one aneurism away from being President Nancy Pelosi.

Nancy Pelosi, as President of the United States, is frightening!  Spine chilling!  Her sense of direction seems to take a twisted path.  Her preference does not appear to be for most of us, but just some—a few.  I say, “No_Nancy, keep her as far away as we can.”  Samoa would be good.

Common sense; ethical direction; clear solutions; straight talk; willing to “dare to try;” elitist . . .no; pioneer . . . yes, I see qualities in Gov. Sarah Palin which I do not see in most of Congress.  Some of the Governor’s best qualities are valuing honor, honesty, hard work, and trustworthiness.

Sarah Palin has a preference for America, and Americans. 

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 06:47:20 PM »

Former Reagan chief of staff Ken Duberstein told CNN's Fareed Zakaria this week he intends to vote for Democrat Barack Obama on Tuesday.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/31/former-reagan-adviser-endorses-obama/

Ken Duberstein: Palin not ready, bad judgement McCain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ImySRVdO4

Duberstein said this, too:
Duberstein said he was influenced by another prominent Reagan official - Colin Powell - in his decision.

"Well let's put it this way - I think Colin Powell's decision is in fact the good housekeeping seal of approval on Barack Obama."

It took Obama quite a while to obtain Powell's endorsement.  IIRC, Powell said it was because of economic plans.  On a scale of 1 to 10, Powell was formerly around an 8, imo.  I like Powell, but I think Obama's economic plans are a killer for US.  Poor Powell dropped to a 6.  It would have been lower, but I like him and respect him--most of the time.

From the youtube, Lawrence Eagleburger was quoted saying Palin wasn't ready.

That's not what Eagleburger said today!

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 07:01:12 PM »

She is the single greatest reason that this formerly undecided voter will probably go with Obama.  McCain made a huge mistake.

You aren't going to hear any kind words about Palin from MSM, or most of the print media.  They have hit her hard, time and time again.  Gov. Palin is still there and is a good campaign partner for McCain.

McCain is not a dynamic speaker; Palin is . . . and she's getting better.  It is a good combination.  The McCain campaign was plodding along on a level--not as high a level as they would have liked. 

Choosing Gov. Palin injected adrenalin into the tortoise/hare campaign.  There was an excitement about Palin, and a shock to the Democrats.

Jimmy Carter, a peanut farmer/Governor, learned to be a little Presidential.  Ah but, he was a man and didn't have to care much how he dressed.  Jimmy has since shown us what he thinks of US, in Venezuela, in Cuba, in North Korea.  Where is Jimmy's loyalty, now?

Gov. Sarah Palin has her loyalty and priority straight . . .
COUNTRY FIRST!

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »

An example for you:

Barack Obama did not want to wear the flag pin.  He tried to arrange it so he didn’t have to wear it; but, that became difficult.  Now, he wears the flag pin.  It makes me doubt his loyalty and sincerity.

I would trust John McCain and Sarah Palin with my children; who are the MOST VALUABLE PARTS OF MY LIFE.

truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 08:45:07 PM »

It took Obama quite a while to obtain Powell's endorsement.  IIRC, Powell said it was because of economic plans.  On a scale of 1 to 10, Powell was formerly around an 8, imo.  I like Powell, but I think Obama's economic plans are a killer for US.  Poor Powell dropped to a 6.  It would have been lower, but I like him and respect him--most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sj91NH5fvw

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »

Powell had an ax to grind with the Bush administration and he took it out on McCain.  Powell's military service will always be appreciated, but he lost his political objectivity in the Plame case.  His man, Richard Armitage, was the leak.  Powell let that go on and on because of his animous against Bush and Cheney.  Many people lost political respect for him as a result.

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 09:13:38 PM »

I found Colin Powell's endorsement of Obama to be a major turning point in my consideration of the candidates.  His endorsement was so important - and I think much more important that the other five former Joint Chiefs of Staff that endorse McCain - because what he said, in effect, was that this man is legitimate, he is not a radical Muslim who will endanger the country.  That this well respected military man and statesman endorsed Obama for President and therefore Commander in Chief - that was what I needed to ease some of my concerns.  Powell is a real patriot in my eyes (I would have liked to see him run for president) and I don't believe he would steer us into danger because of old animosities, race, or any of the other things he has been accused of.  Therefore I take his word much more seriously than the YouTube soldier, which is much more of an emotional appeal.

truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »

I found Colin Powell's endorsement of Obama to be a major turning point in my consideration of the candidates.  His endorsement was so important - and I think much more important that the other five former Joint Chiefs of Staff that endorse McCain - because what he said, in effect, was that this man is legitimate, he is not a radical Muslim who will endanger the country.  That this well respected military man and statesman endorsed Obama for President and therefore Commander in Chief - that was what I needed to ease some of my concerns.  Powell is a real patriot in my eyes (I would have liked to see him run for president) and I don't believe he would steer us into danger because of old animosities, race, or any of the other things he has been accused of.  Therefore I take his word much more seriously than the YouTube soldier, which is much more of an emotional appeal.

We can agree that Powell is a Patriot, but we disagree that his politics are what is overall best for the country.  I think Powell does not fit in politics.  No matter what position he is appointed to serve.  He expects everyone to agree with him or do as they are told.  That is one of the problems that military people have when they move into politics.  The way the Plame deal went down was beneath Powell.  He should have stepped up or encouraged Armitage to step up.  But he was silent.

McCain was not my first choice, but we are down to choosing bad or worse.  Obama is the worst possible choice, imo. 

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 10:13:41 PM »

TS, I posted much earlier in the campaign that there is just no one to vote for, and I agree that it has come down to choosing between bad and worse.  How can it have come to this?  And at such a critical time in our country, with two wars and a crumbling economy.  I get so angry thinking about the disparity between what our country needs right now and what we are offered.  This is a scary time, and not just because it's Halloween . . . .
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 12:59:03 AM »

TS, I posted much earlier in the campaign that there is just no one to vote for, and I agree that it has come down to choosing between bad and worse.  How can it have come to this?  And at such a critical time in our country, with two wars and a crumbling economy.  I get so angry thinking about the disparity between what our country needs right now and what we are offered.  This is a scary time, and not just because it's Halloween . . . .

I don't know.  I think too much money in politics has a lot to do with it.  Let's face it, politicians get greedy too, not just Wall Street.  Or, we could contribute what we are seeing now to what Yuri Bezmenov warned about.  If you have not seen this video it is well worth the time spent.  Bezmenov lived in the Soviet Union under communist rule.  He was a reporter and his father was in the military.  While in English, it was originally aired in France so you will see French sub-titles.  It's about 15-16 minutes long.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32cxf_yuri-bezmenov

crazybabyborg
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 03:33:58 AM »

I find Palin the most refreshing thing in politics in a very long time. I view her sense of right and wrong as pure and see her as the antithesis of the corruption in government that is choking this country. She has an uncanny knack for living her beliefs, and she really does believe and adhere to perceiving public service as being an active advocate for the people she represents. She sees that responsibility to include protecting the citizens she represents, too.

When I watch those mortgage hearings in 2004 of the regulators testifying before congress, where all those congress persons are sitting there with Fannie and Freddy money in their pockets, while posturing against the warnings and attacking the investigation, I can't help but think of Palin as the polor opposite of the corruption going on within that spectacle. That charade cost each of us and our children a good portion of our future, and what unfolded was nothing short of theft against the American people. I understand why people think she is "simple". Her views about whose interests should be looked after are simple and clear: We The People, come first for her and I think she is a hope that rarely comes along in politics.

I've heard Obama rail against Republicans for the economic mess, but I've never heard him address why he so quickly (2 years) became the second largest recipient of Fannie and Freddy money. The collapse of the economy has a direct relationship to those hearings, and it wasn't Republicans that stopped the means to prevent it.

I would love to see Palin loose on the corruption in both houses. She would certainly shine a light in some very dark places, and the American People would benefit from the illumination.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 01:57:07 PM »

<b>"I would love to see Palin loose on the corruption in both houses. She would certainly shine a light in some very dark places, and the American People would benefit from the illumination." </b>

The Great Moose Massacre:  Reid-a-Moose, NancyMoose, FrankMoose, and Chris-a-Moose.

Make 'em all Moose-Meat.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 01:59:45 PM »

hahaha, I missed something.

One should have been Frank-'n-Moose

crazybabyborg
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 08:01:35 PM »

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.