April 25, 2024, 01:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrie Anderson, 36, missing Jamestown NY - 10/28/08 Van Found  (Read 48103 times)
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »

Although Corrie was not found there were some places cleared. I went on this search this weekend not anticipating to find Corrie yet I am struck by how saddened I was that she was NOT found... is that even logical? There were young ( over 18 of course) and older... mid sixties(?) who participated. I became involved through my 73 year old mother who called me sobbing on October 28th, I didn't even recognize her voice. "You've got to pray for this woman at church who went missing...". I said " OK but who am I talking to"? It is frustrating that it took six months to organize a search, I understand the weather factor but still...frustrating. For those of you who have never been on a search it is tedious. We had beautiful weather though. It is hard to maintain focus on the ground for such long periods of time yet imperative to do so. On breaks I would think about how difficult it must have been for Caylee searchers with the heat, the bugs, the undergrowth in Florida and just thank God that he sent a cool breeze occasionally and the pricker bushes aren't out in full force yet. This was a "walk in the park" compared to the Florida searches for sure. I plan on searching again as soon as another date is posted.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 05:40:07 PM »

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/corrie-anderson-aerial-imaging.html

Volunteers Use Helicopter in Search for Corrie Anderson
April 27, 2009

Search Team The search for Corrie Anderson, a 36-year-old mother of three who disappeared in October 2008, took to the skies in Chautauqua County, N. Y. yesterday, when a group of searchers (click photo to enlarge) boarded a Robinson R44 helicopter and shot photos of the area from above.

More at link...
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 01:49:13 PM »

God bless you Leslee for searching for Corrie.  Prayers to her children with no mom to celebrate with on mother's day, so sad.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 11:23:07 PM »

Thanks Lovin.... you are right about mothers day. It was hard for me to think about her daughters and little boy. All of them at crucial ages in their lives where they need "mom". 2 teen daughters and a 6/7 yr old son! They have no grave to lay flowers on even . I just hope guilt eats away at the perp and he confesses. Of course if she's found before he confesses than he will have a harsher sentence Monkey Devil!
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/49091106.html

Eyewitness News reporter Kyla Igoe is in the Southern Tier today as The New York State Police in conjunction with the New York State Forest Rangers, Chautauqua County Sheriff's Department, Town of Lakewood/Busti Police Department and the City of Salamanca Police Department are conducting a ground search of an area in the Town of Busti, Chautauqua County, N.Y. in relation to the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Corrie Anderson.

Unfortunately they did not find anything at this time.... we wait tick tock.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=68016&catid=13
Search for Corrie Anderson
June 26,2009
The search continued Thursday for a southern tier mother of three who's been missing since last October. State police narrowed the search down to a square mile.

More than 70 law enforcement officers searched for Corrie Anderson, 36. They searched a one square mile area of privately owned land in Busti near Anderson's home.

"The investigative steps we've taken in the last six or seven months led us to believe this would be a good area to search," said Captain Rick Allen, New York State Police.

State Police say there was no lead or one tip that led them there, but the land had not been searched before. And it wasn't easy to get through.

"The areas we're searching are thick with vegetation," said Allen. "When you do a search like this, you almost have to be in arm's length of each other or you miss stuff."

But despite all the efforts during the day long search law enforcement found nothing.

"I will search until we know the answers," said Vicki Acquisto, Corrie's mother.

Acquisto is just grateful police are still looking for her daughter. As workers searched, Corrie's mom says she waited on pins and needles.

"I still have hope because I'm a mom," she said. "There would be closure no matter, but just to have some answers to know what happened, that's all we're hoping for right now."

"We GPS every place we've been and we'll lay it on the map and we'll look at it and see, are we confident with the search or do we need to check some areas more thoroughly and we'll do that later next week or this week," said Allen.

State Police say there are no more searches planned, but they're still looking for any leads. Anyone with information is asked to call state police in Jamestown at 716-665-3113.

Anderson has been missing since last October. She was last seen on October 28th leaving a Jamestown car dealership where she had stopped to visit her boyfriend. Family members reported her missing after she failed to show up for an appointment at her son's school.

Two days later a hunter spotted Anderson's missing van in some low-lying woods near her home.

In April, Anderson's family called on an Indiana-based search team to help look for clues in Corrie's disappearance. Their efforts turned up nothing.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »

Investigators: Remains could be anyone
Authorities search for answers about remains
Updated: Monday, 28 Sep 2009, 1:30 PM EDT

ONOVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) - Southern tier authorities continue to look for answers after Sunday's discovery of human remains near the Allegheny Reservoir.

"He was just you know, I found a body I found a body, I need to talk to someone," said Scott Siller, an Onoville resident.

On Saturday afternoon Scott Siller says a visibly worried fisherman came into his business looking for a phone so he could call police.

The man had just spotted human skeletal remains along the shoreline of the Allegheny Reservoir at Onoville.

"He said he could tell it had been their for a while," said Siller.

Capt. Bob Yhale is with the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office.

He says they don't have any solid leads.

"We really don't have enough information to determine whether this was foul play, a drowning or what," Yhale said.

The acting Sheriff tells News 4 the remains, in the advanced stages of decomposition, are headed to ECMC for a post-mortem exam.

Officials say they don't know the age or gender of the person who died.

News 4 spoke to a family member of Corrie Anderson.

She tells News 4 they have been in touch with State Police since they heard about the discovery of human remains over the weekend.

They're not sure whether it's Corrie.

Corrie Anderson is the young mother of three who vanished in late October last year.

Family members reported her missing after she failed to pick up her child from school.

Authorities found her Caravan in a field south of Jamestown, but the search for Corrie continues.

Investigators say these remains could be anyone.

The acting Cattaraugus Sheriff says years ago they found the remains of an Ohio woman who went missing several years prior.

He said he won't speculate on who this could be.

They expect to know more in the coming days.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/Investigators_Remains_could_be_anyone_20090928

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/Investigators_Remains_could_be_anyone_20090928

Investigators: Remains could be anyone
Authorities search for answers about remains
Updated: Monday, 28 Sep 2009, 1:30 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 28 Sep 2009, 12:46 PM EDT

Jericka Duncan
Posted by: Emily Lenihan
ONOVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) - Southern tier authorities continue to look for answers after Sunday's discovery of human remains near the Allegheny Reservoir.

"He was just you know, I found a body I found a body, I need to talk to someone," said Scott Siller, an Onoville resident.

On Saturday afternoon Scott Siller says a visibly worried fisherman came into his business looking for a phone so he could call police.

The man had just spotted human skeletal remains along the shoreline of the Allegheny Reservoir at Onoville.

"He said he could tell it had been their for a while," said Siller.

Capt. Bob Yhale is with the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office.

He says they don't have any solid leads.

"We really don't have enough information to determine whether this was foul play, a drowning or what," Yhale said.

The acting Sheriff tells News 4 the remains, in the advanced stages of decomposition, are headed to ECMC for a post-mortem exam.

Officials say they don't know the age or gender of the person who died.

News 4 spoke to a family member of Corrie Anderson.

((snipped))

Check for updates soon at www.blinkoncrime.com
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 05:00:01 PM »

Klaas 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »

Klaas 

LOL - I was uploading the video to youtube for Blink and posting at the same time, LOLOL 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/09/28/corrie-anderson-case-unidentified-human-remains-found/

Corrie Anderson Case: Unidentified Human Remains Found
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »

Deputies have collected evidence at the scene and are awaiting test results for the identity. Click on the link to watch the video with the latest information.
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/62432077.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 08:45:33 AM »

Bones found in South Valley not Anderson’s
POSTED: October 1, 2009

"Bones found in South Valley not Anderson’s" 

According to the New York State Police, the human remains found Saturday in the town of South Valley are not those of missing Chautauqua County mom Corrie Anderson.
Just before 4 p.m. Thursday, sources close to the investigation reported that dental records have ruled out Anderson, a Chautauqua County woman missing since Oct. 22, 2008. It is unknown at this point whether any other possibilities have been eliminated.

"It's been an anxious couple of days," said Vicki Acquisto, Anderson's mother, "but this keeps our hopes alive."

Acting Cattaraugus County Sheriff Tim Whitcomb did not return calls made later in the day, although he did speak earlier about the investigation. He said that despite the strong desire for quick answers, he believed it will still take some time to get conclusive answers.

"We want to get answers as soon as anyone but the truth of the matter is that these things take time," he said. "I would like to have some preliminary results as soon as possible so we can at least know an approximate height, age, gender and ethnicity, but it will likely take longer to have DNA extracted."

The human remains were initially taken to the Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo, although they have since been transported to Mercyhurst College where renowned forensic anthropologist Dr. Dennis Dirkmaat is processing them.

Dr. Dirkmaat has previously worked with the Jamestown Police Department in relation to the Yolanda Bindics investigation.

Bindics, a mother of four, vanished on Aug. 10, 2004, and her body was found in a wooded area in the town of Charlotte on Sept. 10, 2006. Her identity was not immediately known however, but eight days later, a conclusive report was released.

In September 2001, Dr. Dirkmaat served as the primary scientific advisor to Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller during the recovery and identification of victims of United Flight 93.

The human remains were found Saturday on the shore of the Allegheny Reservoir, where the water level had been recently lowered for the fall. Since then, speculation about a possible identity has been running rampant, with local CSI viewers all chiming in on the process and the investigation's possible conclusion.

The area has three unsolved missing persons investigations from the past 13 years: Corrie Anderson and Lori Ceci-Bova, both missing from Chautauqua County, and Damien Sharp, who went missing from Warren, Pa.

http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.detail/id/530073.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »

Just an FYI

Not Lori Bova either.....

Story Updated: Oct 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM EDT

New Information on Remains Found in Southern Tier

Buffalo, NY (WKBW) -- The skeletal remains found last week in Cattaraugus County do not belong to long-time missing woman Lori Bova.

This information coming today following further examination of the remains. Officials last week confirmed that the remains were not those of missing mother Corrie Anderson.
The forensics have revealed that the bones do belong to a female between 30 and 40-years old, and between 5'1" and 5'8".

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/63527667.html

linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 05:39:29 AM »

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/543566.html

A Family Clings To Hope
The Disappearance Of Corrie Anderson — One Year Later
POSTED: October 28, 2009

It has been exactly 365 days since a missed meeting at her grandson's school started Vicki Acquisto's search for her daughter, Corrie Anderson.

"It's really hard and a year goes by too fast," Mrs. Acquisto said. "It's almost harder now than it was at first because as you keep living, you just can't see where you're going."

Corrie, a mother of three, was last seen at about 1:10 p.m. on Oct. 28, 2008, when she visited her boyfriend at the Lake County Dodge dealership on Washington Street in Jamestown. Her mother reported her missing about 3:45 p.m. that day, when Corrie failed to show up at her son's school for a meeting.

Her dark blue Dodge Caravan was found a short time later in a field not far from her Wellman Road home, and ever since, her family and the community have been looking for answers.

Mrs. Acquisto explained that her family is a close one, and frequently gathers to share a meal in honor of a special occasion. But since Corrie disappeared, they rarely sit at the dining room table they shared for years, because the empty chair where Corrie once sat reminds them of the difficult fact that she is gone.

"As a family, we've gone through every holiday and everyone's birthdays without her and that's probably been the hardest," said Autumn Boardman, Corrie's sister. "I think about her and miss her every day, but on those days, it is a lot harder to maintain. The last time I saw her was at my birthday party, and I can still see her so vividly, even though it has been a whole year."

The New York State Police have conducted several highly technical searches of different plots of land in the area since Corrie's disappearance, although none have yielded the answers for which they hoped.

In April, a private search group, Texas EquuSearch, pledged its support for the family and vowed to spearhead a massive community search, only to pull out days before the scheduled date.

Since then, Indiana-based 3 View Search Services has filled that void, although nothing can fill the void for Corrie's family.

A few weeks ago, a woman's skeletal remains were found in the Allegheny Reservoir near Onoville and dental records ruled out Corrie within a week. But her mother explained that each passing hour during that period of time was difficult and conflicting.

"I had a lot of people asking me if I was Corrie's mother and what I thought about (the discovery)," she said. "It was a difficult time because we want closure but we are also still holding on to the hope that she will come home safely one day."

Mrs. Boardman explained that her sister's absence in her life has changed her and made the things they once shared less enjoyable.

"When I was shopping for my mom's birthday, I wanted to get her something special but I couldn't figure out what to get," she said. "We used to shop together all the time. I stopped shopping and was about to call Corrie, but I couldn't."

She said she often reflects on how she always felt empathetic for the local families who were looking for answers about a missing loved one, but never thought she would be in that same position.

"You never dream it could be you and one day you get a call and your life is forever changed," Mrs. Boardman explained. "I just pray she doesn't become another unsolved case in Chautauqua County. I'll be on the hunt for her until I die."

The family is asking sportsmen and others who might be out in the woods in the region to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Corrie's keys and purse are also missing. Her purse is described as black, 8-inch by 8-inch square, with a GH Bass & Company logo.

Corrie's family is offering a $15,000 reward for information about her whereabouts or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance. The money is in addition to the rewards being offered by local CrimeStoppers agencies.

Anyone with any information about Corrie's disappearance or her whereabouts is asked to call the New York State Police at 665-3113, the Greater Buffalo Metropolitan Crime Stoppers at 856-5600, or the Warren County, Pa. Crime Stoppers at 800-832-7463. All calls will be kept confidential and rewards can be collected anonymously.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »

Just an FYI

Not Lori Bova either.....

Story Updated: Oct 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM EDT

New Information on Remains Found in Southern Tier

Buffalo, NY (WKBW) -- The skeletal remains found last week in Cattaraugus County do not belong to long-time missing woman Lori Bova.

This information coming today following further examination of the remains. Officials last week confirmed that the remains were not those of missing mother Corrie Anderson.
The forensics have revealed that the bones do belong to a female between 30 and 40-years old, and between 5'1" and 5'8".

Finally ID'd

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Jac-resevoir-140683783.html
 Remains found back in 2009 have been identified as that of Traci Douglass, 45, of Salamanca.

snipped missing since 2009
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/63527667.html

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 12:44:16 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/findcorrie

It doesn't look like there has been anything new happen in this case in quite a while.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »

Investigation Still Very Active in Corrie Anderson Case
October 30, 2012

ASHVILLE, NY (WKBW) -It's been four long years of unanswered questions for the Family of Corrie Anderson. Anderson, a devoted mother of 3 from Ashville, vanished without a trace in 2008 when she was just 36-years-old.

"She's my daughter and I'll search until I know. I'll continue to search forever," said Corrie's Mother Vicki Acquisto.

Corrie was last seen leaving the Lake County Dodge Dealership in Jamestown just after 12:30pm on October 28th, 2008. She was expected to pick up one of her children from school around 3pm but never showed up.

"These types of calls are infrequent, and when you have a mother who's history is to always been there for her children and fails to show up for them, that causes us concern," said Greg Holt, New York State Police Lead Investigator on the case.

::snipping2::

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Story-Posted-In-Progress---Needs-Video--Pike-176529441.html
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.