June 03, 2024, 08:34:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gina Lin Anderson, 32, MN 10/23/08 (remains/car found)  (Read 27372 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »

Thief River Falls woman's body found inside car in river
By Vince Tuss, Star Tribune

Last update: October 14, 2009 - 5:03 PM
The body of a Thief River Falls woman who's been missing for nearly a year has been found in her car, which was located in a river in her hometown in northwestern Minnesota, her sister said Wednesday.

Gina Lin Anderson’s Pontiac Sunfire was discovered in the Red Lake River on Wednesday afternoon. It was found by officers searching the river by boat, after officials began drawing down the stream Monday.

Jackie Pagel got a call about the car Wednesday afternoon. On her way to Thief River Falls, she got the news that her sister was inside.

Pagel said authorities are still investigating the cause of the death, but they believe she suffered a seizure while driving.

“It’s good to have closure and to know that somebody else didn’t have a role,” Pagel said.

The 33-year-old Anderson was last seen Oct. 23, 2008, driving away from her home in Thief River Falls. She left behind her purse and anti-seizure medication.

The Pennington County Law Enforcement Center says the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Crime Lab will process the vehicle.
http://www.startribune.com/local/64290162.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciaec8O7EyUsl

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »

Hardly seems normal for a person to drive off in their car without ID and meds if they thought they were not going to be right back.

Wonder if the car went over a embankment and is possibly in a ravine or went in water?

Gina Lin Anderson has Been Missing Since 10/23/08 from Thief River Falls, MN

http://missingexploited.com/2008/11/12/gina-lin-anderson-has-been-missing-since-102308-from-thief-river-falls-mn/

You pegged this one Red.......may she now go home and rest in peace  an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 07:28:32 PM »

Body of Missing Minn. Woman Found in Submerged Car
A decision to draw down the Red River led officials to the body of a Thief River Falls woman, missing for nearly a year.

Law enforcement officials found Gina Anderson's 2002 Pontiac Sunfire Thursday afternoon. Her body was inside.

Pennington County officials said, with the approval of the Army Corp of Engineers, the Department of Natural Resources and other organizations, they began to lower the river Monday.

Thursday, officers searching the river by boat spotted the car near 1st Street East and Sherwood Avenue in Thief River Falls.

Anderson, 32, was last seen Oct. 23, 2008 driving away from her home. She left behind her purse and anti-seizure medication.

In the year since, friends and family conducted numerous searches but failed to find her until now.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s1191907.shtml?cat=1#

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=1st%20Street%20East%20and%20Sherwood%20Avenue%20Thief%20River%20Falls%20MN

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 09:38:18 PM »

an angelic monkey  As sad as this story is, her family and friends can now lay her to rest.  May you rest in peace, Gina. an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »

Rescue trailer donated

Thanks to donations of many people, especially Steve and Judy Lappegard and Marc Hanson and Jean Hanson, Pennington County and the Thief River Falls Fire Department now have an operations trailer. The trailer will be used for search and rescue efforts and many other activities. The Lappegaards and Hansons said they just wanted to give back to the community so that the dedicated law enforcement and rescue personnel who helped them can help someone else. Last week, officials posed in front of the new trailer: (from left) Jeremy Anderson, Steve and Judy Lappegaard, Sheriff’s Deputy Ray Kuznia, Jean Hanson, Jerry Stenseth, fire chief, and Mark Bieganek, fire department.
    Improvements to a new search and rescue  trailer for Pennington County and the Thief River Falls Fire Department are nearly complete. Judy Lappegaard explained that the family of Gina Anderson is grateful to the community and the many individuals who never gave up their search for their daughter, and this is one way to say thank you.

Gina Lin Anderson, 32, was last seen leaving her home by herself in her yellow 2002 Pontiac Sunfire in October of 2008. Nearly one year later her body was found inside her vehicle, which was in the Red Lake River. It is believed that her car left the road and entered the river at a location behind Kmart in Thief River Falls.
    It was a very difficult and trying year for the family of Gina Anderson. To make matters even more difficult, the Lappegaard’s lost another daughter in a vehicle accident that year.
    Throughout this ordeal, Gina’s mom, Judy said Pennington County Sheriff’s Deputy Ray Kuznia never gave up. When the river froze over and they asked Ray whether they should give up, Judy said he told them he never gives up.
    The Lappegaard’s and Anderson’s witnessed search and rescue people working in very difficult conditions and decided to see if they could find some kind of trailer to assist them. With their donations and the many donations they received for Gina’s search, they focused their efforts on a trailer.
    “We just wanted to give something back to the community,” said Lappegaard.
    One day, Marc Hanson showed up at their door, said Judy. He said he had heard they were doing something great and wanted in.
    Hanson’s father Tim died in an accident when he fell from a dock and into the Thief River in October of 2005. Marc’s dog was also rescued by the Thief River Falls Fire Department after it wandered onto an ice flow.
    Kuznia doesn’t accept credit for all the hard work and effort. He credits many others who are either in law enforcement, the fire department or search and rescue teams. “The fire department was very helpful. They always came with people and whatever we needed whenever we called,” said Kuznia.
    After bidding on the trailer, Hanson and his mother, Jean came with another check to get the improvements to the trailer going. Then, he gave the Search and Rescue Team some diving equipment.
    The trailer is nearly complete. It has heat, lights and electrical. Insulation is about to be placed in the trailer, too. Kuznia said many individuals and groups have also donated to the project, including: Northern Gun and Pawn; Mark and Linnae Enge; Hardware Hank/Titan Machinery in Thief River Falls; Brodin’s Sheet Metal; TRF Radio; Universal Screenprint; Evans Scrap and Steel; RV Sports; the Evergreen Eating Emporium; The Eagles Club; Deer Hunters Club, Elks Club and American Legion, and the list continues to grow.
    When its finally completed, Kuznia said the trailer will serve a multi-function duty. It will be used for many different activities, including search and rescue efforts.

http://www.trftimes.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8003:rescue-trailer-donated&catid=13:front

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.