April 23, 2024, 01:24:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How the Media Spun Campaign '08  (Read 14232 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 03, 2008, 04:55:34 PM »

How the Media Spun Campaign '08

By Don Feder
GrassTopsUSA.com | Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Based on her interview with Sen. Joe Biden, we may assume that WFTV, Orlando Anchor Barbara West: 1. Did not graduate from a school of communications, 2. Will never receive an award from the Society of Professional Journalists, 3. Is unlikely to be employed by the New York Times in the foreseeable future, and 4. Will soon be working with Joe the Plumber, installing bathroom fixtures.

Silly rabbit – didn’t West know that tough questions are reserved for Republicans?

Yet there she was asking old leaden-tongued Joe how his running mate’s spread-the-wealth platform differed from standard Marxist redistributionism (from each according to his abilities, etc.) The vice-presidential candidate was reduced to sputtering “Are you kidding?” and “I don’t know who’s writing your questions.”

The media doesn’t even try to disguise its school-girl crush. According to a survey by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, by a margin of 70% to 9%, those polled in mid-October said most journalists want Obama to win, over John McCain.

The public’s perception is confirmed by a Project for Excellence in Journalism study, which looked at coverage of McCain and Obama in the six weeks following the nominating conventions.  It found that while 57% of stories about the GOP nominee were negative and 14% positive, Obama’s positives/negatives were 36%/35%. In other words, there was four times as much negative coverage of McCain as of Obama.

Rosenthal’s rag was also fascinated with Palin’s wardrobe. The Republican National Committee is reported to have spent $150,000 to outfit her in a manner befitting a vice-presidential candidate.

Naturally, there was no speculation on how Obama could campaign as a middle-class hero attired in $1,500-suits. At least Palin didn’t get her duds compliments of Tony Rezko.

A few more things about which the New York Times and the rest of the establishment media displayed a stunning lack of curiosity include:

- Why Obama sat in a pew of Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ for 19 years listening to his preacher/mentor the Rev. Jeremiah (“God damn America!”) Wright spew racism and anti-Americanism?
- Obama’s relationship with Louis Farrakhan. Wright and Father Michael Pfleger (another friend of Obama) are tight with America’s most dangerous demagogue. Obama attended Farrakhan’s 1995 Million Man March, and described it in glowing terms in a community newspaper. Farrakhan practically anointed Obama in a January address to the Abomination of Islam.

- Obama’s connection to the leftist ACORN (voter-fraud-r-us)

- Michelle Obama’s embrace of “black power” as a student at Princeton.

- The details of Barack’s drug addiction – what substances did he use besides cocaine? When did his addiction end? Was he using drugs as an Illinois state senator? Who was his supplier?

- Obama’s foray into Kenyan politics in support of an avowed Marxist who ran for president.

- Obama’s missing birth certificate, which is said to prove he was born in Kenya.

- Why Mr. Compassion hasn’t done anything for his Kenyan half-brother, who’s living in poverty, or his best friend from prep school days, who just got out of prison?

read more here -
http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=019DE4D8-B957-41D4-8803-AF3AFC1E785E

Lots of meat in this article.

Does the media have to report their political affiliation?  Donations?

I wonder how honest and unbiased reporting will be after the election?

Why didn't the media do more to educate American's about the problems with Freddie and Fannie years ago?  I never understood what all of that was about.  It's clear as a bell today.  Not an expert, but I do know that the failing policies should have been addressed years ago.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.