June 16, 2024, 02:26:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #529 10/2 - 10/7/2006  (Read 129735 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: October 06, 2006, 11:00:51 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I see ALE is doing their usual job of securing the death scene by allowing people to trample all about.  If this were my family, I would demand toxicology reports for drugging.  Very odd they would BOTH drown when I assume they were accustomed to snorkeling.

But I'm sure our ace investigators will be on top of all that, right?

Rolling Eyes

I find it strange they both drowned also Anna.  

At the onset, the man was having problems and his female partner went in to assist him, however this turned out to take a turn for the worse since she also drowned.[/list]
    Isn't there suppose to be someone in the area with them just in case something like this happens.
    Anna
    Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: October 06, 2006, 11:15:13 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
    ORIGINS of DELICIOUS SPORTER

As requested: http://www.bndestem.nl/binnenland/article213298.ece

Rough translation (by Iquitos at FOB) with assistance from babelfish. Still needs work.
    ' Joran is a delicious boy ' by Floor Ligtvoet
    Thursday 30 March 2006 -

----------snipped to prevent nausea-----------

Joran is proud of that. “My parents try to see everything also from our side. I have always found that good of them.“

Oh, don't you know he has!  Especially when it comes to drugging tourist and all the rest.

Anita implied that Natalee should not have gotten in that car with her son.  I would feel just the opposite about my own sons.  If a girl chose to ride back to the hotel or whatever, I would think she had the utmost in good judgment of character to chose one of my sons for she would be safe.  I would highly commend her on her astute ability to discern character.

Why did Anita think/know otherwise about her own delicious son?  "Boys will be boys" is hogwash when it comes to adults or even kids of this age.  Our ability to control ourselves is all that separates us from the animals.  In some cases, there seems to be no separation and none even required.  That is a societal value or rather a lack of one.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
    LilPuma
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: October 06, 2006, 11:41:15 AM »

Here's another suspicious death...
    Be Careful, Even in Paradise! - Asylum Forums
    Mystery in paradise

By Mitchell Zuckoff, Globe Staff, 11/19/2000

<snipped>

''The Aruban government is digging in their heels and insisting on the correctness of their position, and the American government seems powerless on their own to go down and conduct their own investigation,'' Ames said.

''We're caught in this crazy Catch-22,'' she added, ''without answers to find out what happened to this young mother, daughter, sister who went down for this four-day vacation and never came back.''

At the request of Renee's family, Senator John F. Kerry has pressed Aruba to reopen the investigation. In a letter to Aruban diplomats, the Massachusetts Democrat cited unanswered questions that ''intenstified when Mr. Tiano refused to cooperate with any further investigation of his wife's death.

''Mrs. Tiano's family is very concerned that troubling details about the case raise serious questions about the possibility of foul play and merit further investigation,'' Kerry's letter said.

But Aruban officials remain unmoved. ''We have already closed that case,'' insisted Lugo, the Aruban prosecutor.

In response to Kerry's request, Baarh, Aruba's director of foreign affairs, drafted a letter that says a new investigation would require new evidence and a formal request from the US Justice Department. Neither seems forthcoming.

<snipped>

This story ran on page A01 of the Boston Globe on 11/19/2000.

Why does the USA not step in and provide a formal request for a new investigation (or a real investigation).  Or are they biding their time until Aruba officially closes it?

It seems Aruba's SOP is to not bother with those cases that aren't easy to solve or write-off.  No wonder their police officers don't have experience.  They don't bother doing their jobs.  So why did they need overtime?  Why have they claimed to be too busy?

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
    LilPuma
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: October 06, 2006, 11:44:12 AM »

ORIGINS of DELICIOUS SPORTER

As requested: http://www.bndestem.nl/binnenland/article213298.ece

Rough translation (by Iquitos at FOB) with assistance from babelfish. Still needs work.
    ' Joran is a delicious boy ' by Floor Ligtvoet
    Thursday 30 March 2006 -

----------snipped to prevent nausea-----------

Joran is proud of that. “My parents try to see everything also from our side. I have always found that good of them.“

Oh, don't you know he has!  Especially when it comes to drugging tourist and all the rest.

Anita implied that Natalee should not have gotten in that car with her son.  I would feel just the opposite about my own sons.  If a girl chose to ride back to the hotel or whatever, I would think she had the utmost in good judgment of character to chose one of my sons for she would be safe. I would highly commend her on her astute ability to discern character.

Why did Anita think/know otherwise about her own delicious son?  "Boys will be boys" is hogwash when it comes to adults or even kids of this age.  Our ability to control ourselves is all that separates us from the animals.  In some cases, there seems to be no separation and none even required.  That is a societal value or rather a lack of one.

B I N G O!
    Anita, Charles, Joran, Julia - ARUBA PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
    LilPuma
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: October 06, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"

Are they related? Any clue to cause of death of man -- other than he was in Aruba?

Laughing  Very Happy  Smile  Confused  Sad  Crying or Very sad

Mere
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: October 06, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »

Good morning friends... Smile

Strange that two tourists are dead from snorkling....were they too far out....wouldn't you think that the beach patrol would respond and have good CPR training...

Hi BT....glad to see you back home....good trip...?

Leslie....thanks for the morning papers...!

Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
    Kat_Gram
    Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: October 06, 2006, 12:35:39 PM »

BT  Girlie;

Did those monkeys you took to England have a good time ?
    Or do they now have an attitude ?
    Peaches
    Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #767 on: October 06, 2006, 12:41:43 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
    BT  Girlie;

I bet they came home with a funny accent!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
    Expect a miracle.
    msmarple
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: October 06, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »

And of course any equipment they were using has been confiscated and tested??  

Evil or Very Mad I do not understand how BOTH of them could have drowned.

But that's just me.  I am sure Dennis Jacobs can explain it all.

They were SNORKELING - not scuba diving. Snorkeling isn't usually "dangerous" ????

And isn't Baby Beach supposed to be "calm" water? I don't KNOW this, just seem to remember reading that. Anyone???

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
    Kat_Gram
    Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: October 06, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
    BT  Girlie;

I guess we will have to wait for the adventures of :
    Mr. BT ( who is very British ) & Mrs. BT ( who is very small )
    in England. Wonder what they did ?
    What kind of trouble did they get into ?
    Did they meet William, Harry, Camilla, or Charles ?
    Did they go to the Tower ?
    Anna
    Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: October 06, 2006, 01:10:30 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
    And of course any equipment they were using has been confiscated and tested??  

Evil or Very Mad I do not understand how BOTH of them could have drowned.

But that's just me.  I am sure Dennis Jacobs can explain it all.

They were SNORKELING - not scuba diving. Snorkeling isn't usually "dangerous" ????

And isn't Baby Beach supposed to be "calm" water? I don't KNOW this, just seem to remember reading that. Anyone???

Well, obviously it is in Aruba.  I thought not as well but then we have two dead American tourists.  Basically a curved hollow pipe but I want it checked anyway.  Maybe the presence of something odd in it such as cleaning or other chemicals.  Can't hurt, might help Department.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
    NM
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: October 06, 2006, 01:11:02 PM »

Hey Monkeys,
    this is another article from Leslie's link to Diario, that I would love to see translated.
    segun Yolanda Wever, QUIZAS DENTRO DI 5 AÑA, ARUBA LO TIN UN OF MAS CREMATORIO
    snippet
    Segun e señora, alrededor di 30 aña pasa su tata a bin Aruba cu e machine, pero e tempo ey e no a haya permiso.
    Awor cu si ta posibel, esaki lo ta mucho costoso y e Arubianonan no ta cla pa esaki ainda, mirando cu nan ta hopi religioso pa loke ta restonan di nan famianan.
    Segun sra Wever, e ta kere si cu dentro di 5 aña, nos lo tin un crematorio na Aruba.
    http://www.diario-aruba.com/2006/10/5/local/news3.php

Thanks for the links Leslie.
    Welcome back BT

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
    Kat_Gram
    Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #772 on: October 06, 2006, 01:46:32 PM »

Quote from: "NM"
    Hey Monkeys,
    this is another article from Leslie's link to Diario, that I would love to see translated.
    snippet
    Segun e señora, alrededor di 30 aña pasa su tata a bin Aruba cu e machine, pero e tempo ey e no a haya permiso.
    Awor cu si ta posibel, esaki lo ta mucho costoso y e Arubianonan no ta cla pa esaki ainda, mirando cu nan ta hopi religioso pa loke ta restonan di nan famianan.
    Segun sra Wever, e ta kere si cu dentro di 5 aña, nos lo tin un crematorio na Aruba.

Welcome back BT

What I think it says is that there are new instructions RE : cremations in Aruba. You have to ensure that there is a death certificate first.
    No more " live" cremations.
    LilPuma
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: October 06, 2006, 02:09:48 PM »

BT  Girlie;

I thought Brits were cute and the French had attitude?   Confused

justinsmama
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: October 06, 2006, 02:18:53 PM »

Alert: Ecoli Claims Life of Celeb

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/justinsmama/popeyespinachecoli.jpg

LilPuma
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: October 06, 2006, 02:19:49 PM »

Quote from: "NM"
    Hey Monkeys,
    snippet

Welcome back BT

The web translator was no help, but it sounds like they'll have a crematorio within 5 years.

LilPuma
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: October 06, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »

Quote from: "sirensong"

Has there ever been a crime solved in Aruba? What is that jail for, drug  addicts?  There certainly isn't anyone in there for murder.  One Happy Island:  make you want to kill yourself.

Question 1:  I don't think so.  They couldn't even find and arrest Greta for shouting.  Now it's a cold case.  

Question 2:  Drug addicts as well as unfortunate non-Dutch who are placed there until they can determine there is no evidence of a crime.

Carnut
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: October 06, 2006, 02:29:45 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
    BT  Girlie;

I guess we will have to wait for the adventures of :
    Mr. BT ( who is very British ) & Mrs. BT ( who is very small )
    in England. Wonder what they did ?
    What kind of trouble did they get into ?
    Did they meet William, Harry, Camilla, or Charles ?
    Did they go to the Tower ?

Did Mr. BT take his toothbrush?
    LilPuma
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #778 on: October 06, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »

[
    ALE probably arrested CC for babbling, waxing poetically among the tourists, which impedes $$ spending.

Some of that stuff he has written is bad enough that he should be arrested for it.  Especially that boat on the rocks song.   Rolling Eyes That should have gotten him at least thirty days minimum.

I think CC got arrested for telling VF some of the things that Joran said that first night.  These things were not in the police reports and it was therefore illegal for CC to tell anyone.

shadow
    Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #779 on: October 06, 2006, 02:40:15 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
    [
    ALE probably arrested CC for babbling, waxing poetically among the tourists, which impedes $$ spending.

Some of that stuff he has written is bad enough that he should be arrested for it.  Especially that boat on the rocks song.   Rolling Eyes That should have gotten him at least thirty days minimum.

I think CC got arrested for telling VF some of the things that Joran said that first night.  These things were not in the police reports and it was therefore illegal for CC to tell anyone.

Wouldn't that be the other way around? How can he get in trouble for discussing hearsay as opposed to what was written in police reports? The latter would seem to me to be more of a reason for arrest considering their legal system, or at least what I understand of it.

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.