April 19, 2024, 02:15:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Election Day freebies: Coffee, donuts, tattoo removal (yes, tattoo removal!)  (Read 3334 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 03, 2008, 09:23:15 PM »

Election Day freebies: Coffee, donuts, tattoo removal
03:35 PM CST on Monday, November 3, 2008
By WALT ZWIRKO / WFAA.com
 Economy got you down? November 4 is turning into a bonanza for bargain hunters who cast a ballot in the national election.

Participating Krispy Kreme stores will offer a free star-shaped doughnut (with red, white and blue sprinkles) to any customer sporting an "I Voted" sticker on Tuesday.

Ben & Jerry's will provide voters with one free scoop of ice cream.

Anyone who casts a ballot Tuesday is also eligible for a free "tall" cup of coffee from your neighborhood Starbucks barista.

And if your Election Day is all about "change," New Look Laser Tattoo Removal in North Dallas is offering a free eradication session (up to 4 x 4 inches) with your "I Voted" sticker.

E-mail wzwirko@wfaa.com

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/110308kvue_freebies-cb.178fa3970.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:08:02 PM »

•Ice cream. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. in each time zone, Ben & Jerry's ice cream shops will hand out single-scoop ice cream cones (a $3.40 value). "What better way to encourage people to be politically active than to give away free ice cream?" asks spokeswoman Liz Brenna.

•Sandwiches. In a local market promotion, several hundred of the nation's 1,400 Chick-fil-A stores will hand out $2.70 chicken sandwiches to adults who show proof that they voted, says spokesman Jerry Johnston.

•Phone calls. Credo Mobile, a wireless company that donates money to progressive causes for calls its customers make, will offer free outbound calls to current customers during polling hours in their states. The cost could be about $250,000, says spokeswoman Becky Bond.

•Discount haircuts. Then, there's Cristophe Schatteman, a top hair stylist known for giving former president Bill Clinton a $200 haircut on Air Force One. His salons in Washington, D.C., Las Vegas, Beverly Hills and Orange County, Calif., will offer all services — including haircuts — at half price today. A $500 haircut from Cristophe will go for $250.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2008-11-03-voter-free-stuff_N.htm

my, my, my...I may need one of those bargain haircuts...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 10:11:24 PM »

- Free Maverick or Silver Bullet s** toy from Babeland stores (11/4-11/11)

- Free beer from Baltimore bar Todd Conner's and Pensacola, FL bar Handlebar

- Free chicken tender meal and drink for only $5 from Shane's Rib Shack

- Free champagne from California restaurant The Anaheim White House

- Half-price admission tickets from Zoo Atlanta

- Free hot dog from sidewalk food cart Chattanooga Hot Dog Company in Chattanooga, TN

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/election-freebies

this one has links to the offers

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:52:09 AM »

Trouble brews for voter freebies
Secretary of state warns businesses, including Starbucks, that perks for people who vote may be a felony in Georgia.

By Michael Gray

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Businesses such as Starbucks and Krispy Kreme that plan to reward metro Atlanta voters with small perks like a free cup of coffee or doughnut on Election Day may be running afoul of Georgia law.

According to the secretary of state’s office, rewards and discounts being offered today to people who show up with “I’m a Georgia voter” stickers are illegal, and in fact may constitute a felony under state statutes.

Voters who accept such freebies might also be committing a crime.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2008/11/04/nufreebies.html

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.