April 24, 2024, 11:54:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #54  (Read 312364 times)
dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1040 on: November 06, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »

I watched a show a few nights ago. "Dead Men Talking" or something like that. LE was sure a missing young woman had been murdered while she was hiking/camping. They found her camera in a pawn shop, developed the film and there was a photo the killer had taken of himself. No body. I think it was 15 years or so later a new detective got to looking around in the evidence room and found a box with a scalp and hair --two long dark brown braids. This hair looked like the hair of the young woman in a photo. They went to the area where the unidentified scalp was found and nearby found a skull and other pieces of the young woman's remains. The man who took a photo of himself was convicted of murder. So, let's all remember there is hope for finding Caylee and giving her a respectful burial. 

....I saw that one.
It was interesting.  And that detective worked hard to find her.

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1041 on: November 06, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/17915608/detail.html

Defense: If Caylee Is Dead It Was "Almost Certainly" An Accident
Thursday, November 6, 2008 – updated: 9:43 am EST November 6, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Publicly, Casey Anthony's defense team has always insisted that Caylee Anthony is alive, even after Casey was arrested and charged with her daughter Caylee's murder.

"We all believe she's alive," attorney Jose Baez said during a hearing at the Orange County Courthouse on Wednesday.

However, Eyewitness News has learned that, behind the scenes, the defense team sent 30 pages of documents to prosecutors. In those documents, Casey's lawyers argued that if Caylee is dead that it was "almost certainly a tragic accident."

The documents also said Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. They said the cause of death could have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

The defense documents went on to describe Casey as troubled and possibly depressed. They said her behavior had been erratic ever since Caylee's birth and particularly in the months before the little girl's disappearance.

Also, the documents state that Casey's lack of emotion after Caylee's disappearance is proof that she is not normal and could possibly be suffering from mental or emotional stress.

The defense used those documents to argue that the death penalty is not an appropriate sentence in Casey's case, because she is young and she's never had a criminal record. However, the documents never mention Casey's story that a babysitter took Caylee and disappeared with her.

Eyewitness News also learned that dissention among the defense team may be behind the release of those documents. The death penalty-qualified attorney, who is helping Jose Baez, said he wanted Casey to be evaluated by a nationally-known psychologist who was involved in the Unabomber and the Elizabeth Smart cases. The attorney thinks Casey is mentally ill, but Eyewitness News learned Baez rejected his suggestion.

(Link posted by O4Bull on the probable psychologist he wanted to use    http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3979.msg526690#msg526690 )

The latest development comes after Eyewitness News caught a major slip-up by Casey's defense team on national TV last month, when a spokesperson for her attorney admitted Caylee Anthony was dead.

"This is a very serious case involving not just the life of a little girl, but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony," said Black.

Jose Baez's spokesperson Todd Black made that statement during a phone interview with CNN.

Last week, Baez replaced Black on his defense team with another spokesperson.

EQUUSEARCH BACK IN ORLANDO

Organizers for the Texas based group EquuSearch were back in Central Florida Thursday preparing for the latest search for Caylee Anthony's remains. EquuSearch expects nearly 5,000 people to show up for Saturday's search effort.

The team hopes to find Caylee and, Wednesday night, they unloaded supplies and maps. The search team tried in October to search for the little girl, but Tropical Storm Fay brought too much water and hindered the search efforts.

"Water has receded and vegetation has died off and we think that's going to greatly improve our ability to search the area," said Texas EquuSearch worker Mandy Albritton.

On Saturday, when teams start the new search, crews will be searching on foot, using ATVs and horses. The area they'll focus on is near the Orlando International Airport, because records show Casey Anthony used her cell phone in that area during the time that her daughter disappeared.

"We're hoping to have the largest search in national history," Albritton said.

BOUNTY HUNTER APPEARS ON NANCY GRACE SHOW

California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla told CNN's Nancy Grace that he thinks Anthony's lawyers are creating a defense before EquuSearch resumes their search for Caylee's body on Saturday.

"The notation about if there was a death or if it was accidental doesn't surprise me at all. They know we are going to find the body by Monday and at that time all bets are off. The state prosecutor doesn't have to make a deal," Padilla said.

Padilla plans to be a part of the search team on Saturday.

WOMAN SAYS CINDY ANTHONY THREATENED HER

Cindy Anthony can't stand to hear that Caylee is dead and when she saw it online, she tracked down the author and threatened her. The victim remembered every word.

"If I only had the time to meet you face to face, I would definitely kick your ass," the woman said Cindy told her.

The threatening phone call from Cindy was so disturbing that the victim filed a complaint with deputies. But when Eyewitness News confronted Cindy on Wednesday about her behavior, she denied everything.

Sunny Welker operates a website, "Justice For Caylee," out of her home. She launched the website to provide a place for people to talk about the case, as well as gather information.

"I'm here for the child, not here for anyone else. I'm here to make sure she is brought home," Welker told Eyewitness News on Wednesday.

But then last week, she received a startling phone call. Welker claims Cindy Anthony called her on the phone and started to threaten her because of the website.

"She told me she was very upset and I was impeding the investigation looking for an alive Caylee. My website was getting in the way of that," Welker said. "If I only had the time to meet you face to face, I would definitely kick your ass."

Welker filed a complaint with the Flagler County Sheriff's Office. Eyewitness News talked to Cindy Anthony and she said she never threatened Welker. Anthony said she didn't appreciate Welker making money off of Caylee and was going to have the website shut down. She believes Welker was collecting money on her website selling bumper stickers.

"I explained we were not selling anything on the website. It's there for information and to discuss the case and if they want to help and volunteer there is a link for EquuSearch," Welker said.

The Flagler County Sheriff's Office took the complaint for informational purposes. No crime has been committed.

CASEY'S ATTORNEY GETS TRIAL DELAYED

Casey Anthony's Lawyer got a delay Wednesday in Casey's trial on check fraud charges (watch hearing). He may be trying to delay her murder trial, as well.

Casey's defense attorney says he's considering whether to ask the judge to put off her January murder trial and possibly to move it out of town. Jose Baez is accusing prosecutors of stalling in handing over all the evidence they have and is hoping for a hearing to address it.

"We all believe [Caylee is] alive and, if these tips, if there's one credible tip in that 5,000, it's worth us going through them," attorney Jose Baez told Eyewitness News on Wednesday.

The defense is accusing prosecutors of purposely releasing all the psychics' tips first just to make it appear as though there were no credible tips showing Caylee is alive. The Anthonys claims about following her kidnappers and getting closer to finding her don't seem to be panning out.

"She says she gave the child to a babysitter that no one can find. Doesn't the key lie with her? Why do you need to rely on stranger's tips when she is the one who could really lead you in some direction?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked attorney Jose Baez (full interview).

"Kathi, I'm not going to discuss theories of defense or anything we plan on bringing out in court. The truth is, under the rules of discovery we're entitled to it," Baez said.

Investigators said the tips are not panning out because Caylee's gone.

"Do you think she's being open and honest with you?" Belich asked Baez.

"I don't think it's wise to make statements about my communication with her," he said.

The defense wants to try the check fraud charges after the murder trial because, Baez said, he wants to focus all his energies on the murder trial. He even came close to suggesting, if she's convicted in the death of her daughter, the check charges could become unimportant. Prosecutors are against that.

The judge said he'll decide next month.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1042 on: November 06, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »

I watched a show a few nights ago. "Dead Men Talking" or something like that. LE was sure a missing young woman had been murdered while she was hiking/camping. They found her camera in a pawn shop, developed the film and there was a photo the killer had taken of himself. No body. I think it was 15 years or so later a new detective got to looking around in the evidence room and found a box with a scalp and hair --two long dark brown braids. This hair looked like the hair of the young woman in a photo. They went to the area where the unidentified scalp was found and nearby found a skull and other pieces of the young woman's remains. The man who took a photo of himself was convicted of murder. So, let's all remember there is hope for finding Caylee and giving her a respectful burial. 

....I saw that one.
It was interesting.  And that detective worked hard to find her.

What was really sad is that the mother killed herself shortly after the daughter disappeared. The father broke my heart. Helost his daughter and his wife.

But see, again, I saw real, true grief. I'm not seeing that so far in any of the Anthonys.

I remember you, Caylee.
Paulah
Scared Monkey

Harvey

« Reply #1043 on: November 06, 2008, 09:52:09 AM »

Hey monkeys.  Look at what I found.  Think this may be our "expert" the defense attorney would like to evaluate Casey.  Interestingly enough, he wrote a book on BiPolar.
Dr. Xavier Amador http://www.xavieramador.com/biography/
Bio

Dr. Xavier AmadorDr. Amador is an internationally sought-after speaker, clinical psychologist, professor at Columbia University, Teachers College, in New York City, and author of eight books including the national best seller “I’m Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help!”

Dr. Amador’s expertise has made him a regular contributor to the Today Show and a featured guest on ABC Good Morning America, Prime Time Live, CBS This Morning, NBC Nightly News, 60 Minutes, CNN, Dateline, ABC’s World News Tonight, Fox News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and many others.

Dr. Amador has been a consultant to numerous companies and government agencies including the National Institute of Health.

His forensic cases include the Unabomber, PFC Lynndie England, Elizabeth Smart Kidnapping, and Zacarias Moussaoui trials. Dr. Amador has over 25 years experience working with adults, families, and couples. He lives in New York.

Previously, Dr. Amador was a professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons; on the Board of Directors of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI); Director of Research at NAMI; and the Director of Psychology at the New York State Psychiatric Institute.

In addition to his books Dr. Amador has published over 100 peer-reviewed scientific papers, and many other publications that have been translated into more than 20 languages.

Dr. Amador was co-chair of the last text revision of the Schizophrenia and related disorders section of the DSM IV-TR (often referred to as the “Psychiatrists’ Bible”).
NEW 2008 RELEASE!

Good Find O4Bull!  You have been doing some heavy duty work to find this and the other information you posted!

You posted it late last night, so I don't think many had a chance see it...  Thank you!
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1044 on: November 06, 2008, 09:52:39 AM »

How is Cindy threatening to kick people's asses helping her find an alive Caylee?

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1045 on: November 06, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »

I hope her murder trial is not delayed. The judge should tell her that since she waited 30 some odd days to report the child missing, no more delays allowed.

I remember you, Caylee.
Paulah
Scared Monkey

Harvey

« Reply #1046 on: November 06, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »

http://www.psychlaws.org/GeneralResources/article55.htm

Xavier Amador, Ph.D.: "People will come up with illogical and even bizarre explanations for symptoms and life circumstances stemming from their illness."

Anosognosia, meaning "unawareness of illness," is a syndrome commonly seen in people with serious mental illness and some neurological disorders, according to Xavier Amador, Ph.D., who spoke at the 2001 convention of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill in Washington, D.C., in July.

People with this syndrome do not believe they are ill despite evidence to the contrary, said Amador, who is director of psychology at the New York State Psychiatric Institute and professor of psychology in the department of psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.

"People will come up with illogical and even bizarre explanations for symptoms and life circumstances stemming from their illness," he said, "along with a compulsion to prove to others that they are not ill, despite negative consequences associated with doing so."

Take Theodore Kaczynski, for example. Kaczynski, otherwise known as the unabomber, rejected claims that he was mentally ill even though it could have cost him his life.

At one point during his 1997 trial, Amador explained, Kaczynski, who stood accused of killing three people and injuring 23 with his homemade bombs, refused to be examined by state psychiatric experts. Although a mental illness defense was his only hope of escaping a first-degree murder conviction and a possible death sentence, he blocked his attorneys from using the insanity defense.

Amador, who served as an independent expert for the court, reviewed Kaczyinski's extensive psychiatric records, neuropsychological test results, and the infamous unabomber diaries. Amador then supplied the court with mounting evidence that Kaczynski's refusal to be evaluated related to anosognosia, a manifestation of Kaczynski's schizophrenia.

Amador's quest to understand the basis of this syndrome lies a little closer to home.

It was his experience as a clinician and as a brother of someone with schizophrenia, Amador said, that led him to do research on anosognosia, "which is not to be confused with denial," he emphasized, although in the beginning, he did not make that distinction.

"That's what I called it when my brother refused to take his medications, and that is what I called it when after his third hospitalization, I found his Haldol in the trashcan," said Amador.

"This is someone who taught me to throw a baseball and ride a bicycle. I really looked up to him and was appalled by what I thought was his immaturity, stubbornness, and defensiveness."

But research points to a much more complex problem.

Intrigued by a 1986 study by William H. Wilson, M.D., and colleagues that found that 89 percent of patients with schizophrenia denied having an illness, Amador conducted his own investigation of the issue.

Amador and his colleagues found in a 1994 study that nearly 60 percent of a sample of 221 patients with schizophrenia did not believe they were ill.

A Frustrating Existence

Amador also described what it is like to work with someone who has anosognosia. One patient encountered by Amador had a lesion on the frontal lobe of his brain. He was unaware that he was paralyzed on his left side or that he had problems writing. When asked to draw a clock, the patient thought he did fine, Amador recalled.

However, when Amador pointed out to the patient that the numbers were outside of the circle, the patient became upset. "The more I talked to him [about the drawing], the more flustered he got. . . . Then he got angry and pushed the paper away, saying 'it's not mine-it's not my drawing.' "

Amador finds the same reaction appears when he talks to people with severe mental illness, which sometimes involves similar frontal lobe deficits. "Instead of being an ally, I end up being an adversary," he said.

Building Trust

Amador urged family members and mental health professionals at the NAMI meeting to understand that collaboration with treatment by someone who has a severe mental illness and anosognosia is a goal, not a given.

"Don't expect them to comply with any treatment plan, because they don't believe they are ill," noted Amador.

It is important instead to develop a partnership with the patient around those things that can be agreed upon.

Amador said that family members and clinicians should first listen to the patient's fears, such as being placed in the hospital against his or her will.

Empathy with the patient's frustrations and even delusional beliefs is also important, remarked Amador, who said that the phrase "I understand how you feel" can make a world of difference.

The most difficult thing for family members to do in building a trusting relationship, he said, is to restrict discussion to the problems that the person with mental illness perceives as problems. "You might see the hallucinations or delusions as the big problem," said Amador. "Your loved one, however, may be complaining about not getting to sleep at night. That is the problem you should be discussing."

Perhaps a patient will only take his or her medications to get family members and clinicians to quit bothering them, and this is sometimes enough, Amador said. "You have to find out what motivates them to take their medications, then reflect that reason back and highlight the perceived benefits."

Amador wrote about getting people with serious mental illness to accept treatment in a book he coauthored with Anna-Lisa Johanson (see story on page 13) titled, I am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help: A Practical Guide for Families and Therapists, published in 2000 by Vida Press. It can be purchased online at www.vidapress.com/INSIDNH-Main.htm for $15.95. Ten percent of all proceeds go to NAMI, the National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression, the National Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association, and a fund set up by David Kaczynski, brother of Theodore, to help the victims of the unabomber.

O4Bull strikes again with more interesting information!  Do I think the gefense team will be calling in this great Doctor?    You Betcha!
shoperoo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1047 on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

What actually would there be left of her body?  If anything...?
I mean, I know bones...but wouldn't that make it extremely hard to find ?

Bone and hair at least. Depends on the conditions. Is the body in a container of some sort, buried, in water, etc. Yes, would be like finding a needle in a haystack but it can be done. Bodies have been found and id'd after 10, 15, 20 years. So I have hope. 

Just watched a  forensic archaelogist who worked in Bosnia and Croatia. His team was largely responsible for uncovering thousands of bodies who had been murdered during the war.   He is currently assigned to Scotalnd Yard. As much as they concentrate on the cadaver, they pay equally as much attention to the method of burial.

He says you can tell alot about the perp' state of mind given how carefully or indeed carelessly they buried the body. If Caylee was hastily disposed of, I dont hold out much hope of finding her remains  after all this time......... animals and the environment will have done their bit and her little body will be no more...........possibly now scattered over many miles.  However if Casey took any care over where she put her.............and she was less exposed to the elements........ who knows, the searchers may be fortunate.

Personally , I think a lone female trying to dispose of her small child would have put her in water, in which case sadly. with the crocodiles I dont hold out much hope of recovery.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1048 on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:51 AM »

Hello there Monkeys...

Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of what's happened over the last couple of days?  I haven't been around much as I (and 90 of my employees) found out a few days ago that the beautiful, historic boutique hotel that I have called home (employmentwise, that is) for the last nine years, is closing at the end of the year.  Boo hiss.   

I've missed you monkeys and would love to catch up on all of the posts... but I've got some job searching to do! 

Thanks for any quick scoop that you can provide!   
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3222.new#new

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1049 on: November 06, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »

Have the docs been released yet?

From Day One..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: November 06, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-110608,0,5488005.story

More documents released in Casey Anthony case

Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
9:52 AM EST, November 6, 2008

More than 500 pages of legal documents were just released by the State Attorney's Office as part of the Casey Anthony case.

Included in the documents are transcribed interviews of Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony; her most recent boyfriend, Anthony Lazzaro; and friends Ricardo Morales and Amy Huizenga.

Other items included are AirTran flight records and toll records.

The Orlando Sentinel is reviewing the records. Check back for updates.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: November 06, 2008, 10:06:15 AM »

More documents released in Casey Anthony case

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-110608,0,5488005.story
Blaze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1052 on: November 06, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »

I was listening the the 2 minute clip from Nancy Grace who was going over the defense saying Caylee may have accidently overdosed.  UMMM >>> what?? I don't get it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: November 06, 2008, 10:07:36 AM »

Looks like they have been released to the media and the media is reviewing them and will upload when they are done/ready.  Hopefully some time within the next couple hours.
JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1054 on: November 06, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »

Shouldnt be long now. Thanks.

From Day One..
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1055 on: November 06, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »

Woo-hoo docs just released!

Lisa
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1056 on: November 06, 2008, 10:08:17 AM »

KCJ

If you're still here..  this is the best I can do. 

Thank You!  I'm feeling sexy this morning!
JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1057 on: November 06, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »

Looks like they have been released to the media and the media is reviewing them and will upload when they are done/ready.  Hopefully some time within the next couple hours.

Thanks Klaas. You know how I love docs being made public. 

From Day One..
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1058 on: November 06, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »

The toll records should be interesting!

Lisa
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1059 on: November 06, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »

Thanks, Mammy.  I hope it doesn't offend anyone but I think it is one of the most misunderstood diseases out there.  I would love to write a book about our experiences, etc. but it is not my story until 21 years ago.  Unfortunately, my husband still is too vulnerable after seeing this in him family and in himself, as well as the social stigma he has seen. 

To tell you the truth, I have my doubts whether Casey is BP in the traditional sense although not being able to sleep is one of the symptoms.  However, in everything we've read, a decrease in sexual interest is also common which is why I doubt her being BP.  For some reason, people forget that you can just be manic or depressed.  When the term bi-polar became more acceptable than manic depressive, it seems the public forgot you can have just one part of the disease.  It is possible if this diagnosis fits her though that her cycle of depression may be short while the manic part is much, much longer.  Only a doctor could diagnose this properly through in-patient observation, etc.

Finding the right doctor is paramount to controlling this disease.

DR,
I really liked reading your post this morning.Finding the right Doctor is key.My family went through this with my brother.The Veteran's Home staff Doctor..he never could nail down the exact problem my Brother suffered.But the first words out of his mouth were Bipolar.Up until the time he passed away he saw numerous Doctors,and I think the last Diagnosis they came up with was Boderline Personality Disorder.
 I do believe some people are just mean. I am interested to find out what the root of the problem is with Casey,though. Post some more,I enjoy hearing what you have to say.

How sweet of you!  I'm sorry to hear of your brother's loss.  My only sibling was a brother who died when he was 27.  No one in my family had ever died before until my younger brother.  Just about killed us all.

I am so sorry your brother didn't get the right doctor.  My husband did not for 4 or 5 years after we married.  He had a quack who would just prescribe another pill without taking him off anything and by the time I finally got him to let me take him somewhere else, he was even shuffling his feet like they do on that One Flew Over...Nest

He was in-patient for 6 weeks but first they weaned him off everything and when he left, he was on only 2 pills and that was 15 or so years ago.  His doctor was a specialist in moods disorder.  He was also the first doctor we'd had who included me...the spouse.  This is a disease that affects the entire family and any doctor worth having will include the spouse.

Thanks again for your gracious reply.  Enjoyed talking with you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.