April 25, 2024, 05:57:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #54  (Read 312418 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »

A bit O/T but found this article interesting.....

Mommy Dumbest

Today we take a spin to Charleston, WV to meet Melissa Ann Taylor (pictured), a 37-year-old mom who let her 13-year-old son drive her to the store, according to police.

Cops say they pulled the boy over because he swerved into a curb and then drove into oncoming traffic.  And Taylor allegedly told the officer she wasn't behind the wheel because she was "messed up on Xanies" which is apparently her cutesy nickname for Xanax, the prescription anti-anxiety drug.

But there's a chicken or the egg dilemma here.  Did she have her son drive because she was on Xanax or did she need to take a Xanax after letting her son drive?

http://blog.trutv.com/dumb_as_a_blog/dumb_criminals/index.html?cnn=yes

CuriousCat ... you submission is not off topic at all ... the relation to the Caylee Marie case could be right on.  Orlando LE should be informed.  Maybe they are unaware.

Thank you.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: November 05, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »

I have a feeling that Baez is working up to an insanity defense.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #422 on: November 05, 2008, 05:28:46 PM »

Casey will never admit and will never tell......never. Of course her defense team knows she is guilty. They have known for quite some time. It is their job to try and keep her out of prison or get a light sentence and no death. It is their job. That is what they are paid to do.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: November 05, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »

It is interesting that this statement is released just before the document dump!!! I really have to wonder what impact those documents and the search by TES this weekend have to do with this statement being released at this time!!

Me too
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #424 on: November 05, 2008, 05:30:15 PM »

I'm sorry, but I will never "sit back and understand it".
This girl wasn't depressed, she was selfish and heartless.

I know that ppdepression is a real thing, on varying levels, but how in the world can someone SO depressed and mentally distressed be so socially outgoing!? I would imagine someone suffering that type of depression, two years later, would be likened to a recluse. Did andrea yates go out and party also, or is this just a casey thing.

TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #425 on: November 05, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »

sooner or later everyone here will realize that George is nipple deep in this thing.. well, everyone but Mr. Chuck, who will never get it. 

Yeah, like how did George know that Casey's car had been towed from Amscot when no one told him it had been there?  He is a man that knows alot about alot of things!

Lisa

Possibly the registered letter that the tow company sent to him gave information as to where it was towed from. I can think of several possibilities as to how he knew. Possibly the tow yard manager told him as well.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2008, 05:32:17 PM »

omg- if they are going to basically admit that casey murdered her baby, why doesnt she just tell them where her body is and use that as a bargaining chip to save her from the death penalty and save everyone this whole song and dance!!!!!?????? grrr...

OMG for sure

If this is where they're headed it seems criminal to drain financial and emotional resources for their own self serving rational. If they think screaming she's innocent , spend all the time and money you want looking and then right before the trial sheepishly blurt out that she wants to deal. It's kc dragging the detectives all over Orlando again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: November 05, 2008, 05:32:21 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-death110508,0,6113475.story

Attorney seeks to spare Casey Anthony from death penalty
Sarah Lundy

Sentinel Staff Writer

4:33 PM EST, November 5, 2008

A Miami lawyer hired by Casey Anthony's defense team gave prosecutors Wednesday a report that outlined why the single mother accused of killing her child should not get the death penalty.

The 30-page packet highlights problems with some of the evidence, defines how details in Anthony's case does not fit the state criteria needed for the death penalty -- a penalty reserved for the worst of the worst homicides.

It touches on Anthony's erratic behavior after her daughter's birth that suggests signs of emotional or mental distress. The report ended with pictures of Anthony during happier times as a child surrounded by her parents and her brother.

"Casey Anthony is a unique individual. A close inspection of her case clearly supports not filing a notice seeking death," attorney Terence Lenamon wrote in a report obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

The State Attorney's Office would not confirm whether it received the report, which is not public record. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, who was reported missing on July 15. The body of Caylee – who would have turned 3 in August – has not been found.

Anthony told investigators that she left Caylee with a baby sitter in mid-June. When she returned later that day, both the baby sitter and Caylee were gone. Detectives have not been able to locate the baby sitter and question whether she exists.

Prosecutors have not decided yet whether the state will pursue the death penalty. If they do seek death, the trial will be divided into two sections: the guilt/innocent phase and the sentence phase.

Lenamon's report addresses the sentence phase when the jury hears both why she should and should not get the death penalty.

Some of the reasons outlined against death include: Lenamon pointed out the analysis techniques used on hair and air samples from her trunk to prove decomposition are "novel, experimental, in the early stages of development, inconclusive and high susceptible to mishandling," he wrote. Even if the evidence is enough for a guilty verdict, it would not be enough to support the death penalty, Lenamon wrote.

Details of the Anthony case to do not rise to the level required for the death penalty, he wrote. She doesn't have a criminal record. There is no history of abuse. The crime was not cold, calculated and premeditated. In the months leading up to Caylee's disappearance, Anthony's behavior was described by friends and family as "erratic and not entirely rational."

He wrote that filicide – the act of a parent killing a child – is different than other homicides. The underlying reasons why mothers kill are complex and can be divided into various categories. For example, one type is a parent who kills under influence of mental illness. Another type suggests a parent's motive may be to save the child from real or imagined harm.

Juries are more likely to show mothers mercy. He mentioned Andrea Yates – a Texas mother who drowned all five children – was sentenced to life in prison. Susan Smith, the Arkansas mother who pushed her car with her two children inside in a lake, got life in prison.

Lenamon wrote that experts will likely agree that Anthony as "suffering from episodes of extreme emotional distress and disturbance since her daughter's birth." Even the lack of emotion after her child's disappearance and arrest "is not normal," he wrote.

Lenamon also refers to other Orange County cases involving the death of a child. For example, Anita Simmons, who beat her 8-year-old daughter to death, got 42 years in prison.

"A careful consideration of the totality of the circumstances in this case leads to a clear conclusion that a filing a notice of the death penalty is no the right thing to do," he wrote.

typical lawyer crap.....the last paragraph is almost funny....the totality of the circumstance???  He doesn't know the totality of the circumstances...he is talking through his hat....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: November 05, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »

3bsmom - that's what it sounds like to me.

Klaas,Their deny and lie game isn't going to work is it?The whole family has to know the truth.Doesn't it remind you of another family of liars?Thank God for Tim Miller.Maybe this weekend our prayers will be answered.It's just so sad.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: November 05, 2008, 05:32:49 PM »

It is interesting that this statement is released just before the document dump!!! I really have to wonder what impact those documents and the search by TES this weekend have to do with this statement being released at this time!!

I agree.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
LizzySF
Scared Monkey

My lil' monkey

« Reply #430 on: November 05, 2008, 05:33:54 PM »

Yes, my thought exactly..AND...George staring into the woods, TES reporting a few minutes ago that the command center site has just changed..new location to be announced (George's woods?)who knows...Interesting too...on the Anthony's myspace...today was the first day that NO mood icon was on it.  It usually says, HOPEFUL or OPTIMISTIC...nada, nothin' today.  Maybe Casey finally admitted to it, and has told them where her body is and LE will go and retrieve her before TES has to come.  Her sentence will be lighter too if she confesses and leads them to her body and she avoids the 3000 person TES search...they WILL take that into consideration.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"  Mark Twain   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: November 05, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »

It bugs me that even if they convict Casey...we will never know the whole blow by blow story....much of the day to day truths will never come out, because Casey will never admit anything.  All the theories we have speculated on and  all the efforts made in digging for truths over the past few months.  Do you think we will ever know the REAL story?

IMO...no....because Casey is never going to tell the truth...no matter what she says it is going to be a lie or a lot of lies....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:17 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,447405,00.html

Caylee Anthony Judge: Murder Trial Will Be Held Before Fraud Trial
Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The judge in the case of the missing Florida toddler who is presumed dead agreed Wednesday to delay her mother's check fraud case until after her first-degree murder trial.

Casey Anthony, 22, was not present at her Orlando arraignment hearing for fraud, but is expected to stand trial in January for allegedly murdering her little girl Caylee.

The charges of forging checks using a friend's checkbook are unrelated.

"Judicial economy may be best served by hearing the murder case first," said Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, rejecting the argument of prosecutors who had fought trying Anthony for murder before fraud.

Caylee disappeared in June, two months shy of her third birthday, but wasn't reported missing until July.

Anthony said she left Caylee with a baby sitter, but police contend that's a lie.

The little girl has not been found, and authorities say she was killed. In addition to first-degree murder, her mother is charged with manslaughter and other offenses. Anthony has pleaded not guilty.

Last week, a report surfaced — and was quickly quashed — that convicted wife-killer Scott Peterson was writing letters to Anthony in jail.

I thought the judge hadn't decided yet?  I wonder if Foxnews has this wrong?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

Casey Anthony's attorney asks to put check-fraud case on hold

Updated: 36 minutes ago
Text size: increase text sizedecrease text size

Bianca Prieto | Sentinel Staff Writer
    11:30 AM EST, November 5, 2008

Casey Anthony's attorney asked a judge this morning to hold off on the check-fraud case against Anthony until after the first-degree murder trial was complete. Anthony, 22, is charged with murder in the death of her missing daughter, who would have turned 3 in August.

This morning, Attorney Jose Baez also waived Anthony's right to a speedy trial in the check-fraud case. Baez wants to deal with the murder case before the check-fraud charges.

She's accused of stealing checks from a friend and buying several items, including groceries and clothes, from local stores. The allegations surfaced during the investigation into her missing daughter.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland agreed to continue the check-fraud hearing until next month when another hearing is scheduled for the murder charge.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-casey-anthony-murder110508,0,5099137.story

This wannabe detective had it figured out that Judge Strickland and the Jose Baez had an understanding way back when when bail was not revoked when the securers of Casey's bail bond ... her parents ... did not conform with the agreed conditions ... when a concealed weapon was located inside the trunk of George Anthony's vehicle.

Then there were the eleven motions put forward by Jose Baez ... eleven motions and ... not ONE was denied.

Now the extention of the the hearing relating to the cheque fraud charged brought again Casey.

Janet

Janet, I have that sinking feeling too.... I think this is one of those judges that is going to give everything to the defense possible...judges don't like to be reversed on any decision...hurrrrump!  it looks bad on their record...and now I don't think the prosecution will be able to bring up the fraud charges in the murder trial......

Sunny ... I never thought of that.

Janet

_____

TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #434 on: November 05, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »

Today we take a spin to Charleston, WV to meet Melissa Ann Taylor

a 37-year-old mom who let her 13-year-old son drive her to the store, according to police.

Cops say they pulled the boy over because he swerved into a curb and then drove into oncoming traffic.  And Taylor allegedly told the officer she wasn't behind the wheel because she was "messed up on Xanies" which is apparently her cutesy nickname for Xanax, the prescription anti-anxiety drug.

But there's a chicken or the egg dilemma here.  Did she have her son drive because she was on Xanax or did she need to take a Xanax after letting her son drive?

We may never find out! We do know she was taken to jail and charged with felonious child neglect.

We have a trial going on in my county right now. A woman in my hometown sat back and allowed her boyfriend to kick and beat her 12- year old autistic son. She said it was to teach him to fight like a man. The boyfriend pled guilty and is sorry for what he did, but said he had an anger managment problem. The boy survived, and testified about the abuse. It makes me sick!! Some people should never be allowed to have children!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »

The judge in the case of the missing Florida toddler who is presumed dead agreed Wednesday to delay her mother's check fraud case until after her first-degree murder trial.

Casey Anthony, 22, was not present at her Orlando arraignment hearing for fraud, but is expected to stand trial in January for allegedly murdering her little girl Caylee.

"Judicial economy may be best served by hearing the murder case first," said Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, rejecting the argument of prosecutors who had fought trying Anthony for murder before fraud.

Caylee disappeared in June, two months shy of her third birthday, but wasn't reported missing until July.

Anthony said she left Caylee with a baby sitter, but police contend that's a lie.

The little girl has not been found, and authorities say she was killed. In addition to first-degree murder, her mother is charged with manslaughter and other offenses. Anthony has pleaded not guilty.

Last week, a report surfaced — and was quickly quashed — that convicted wife-killer Scott Peterson was writing letters to Anthony in jail.

I thought the judge hadn't decided yet?  I wonder if Foxnews has this wrong?[/b]

I hope so.  If Casey is not convicted on the fraud charges prior to her first degree murder trial ...

Janet
_______

.... I think this is one of those judges that is going to give everything to the defense possible...judges don't like to be reversed on any decision...hurrrrump!  it looks bad on their record...and now I don't think the prosecution will be able to bring up the fraud charges in the murder trial......

_____

LizzySF
Scared Monkey

My lil' monkey

« Reply #436 on: November 05, 2008, 05:44:30 PM »

Yes, my thought exactly..AND...George staring into the woods, TES reporting a few minutes ago that the command center site has just changed..new location to be announced (George's woods?)who knows...Interesting too...on the Anthony's myspace...today was the first day that NO mood icon was on it.  It usually says, HOPEFUL or OPTIMISTIC...nada, nothin' today.  Maybe Casey finally admitted to it, and has told them where her body is and LE will go and retrieve her before TES has to come.  Her sentence will be lighter too if she confesses and leads them to her body and she avoids the 3000 person TES search...they WILL take that into consideration.
Update...I checked back to the Anthony's myspace...mood icon now back and says HOPEFUL.  It was missing all day...

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"  Mark Twain   
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: November 05, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »

OMG..seriously? post partem depression.....after 2 years....wow....

Casey was acting erratic and mental because she was a complete and total waste of space and was too selfish to take care of her own baby!

How can George and Cindy seriously feel sorry for her for having post partem depression!??? Lots of women go through it, and we dont kill our babies!

Andrea yates was treated for postpartum depression for 2 years prior to murdering her children at which time she was found to be in an acute psychotic episode.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/yates/index.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: November 05, 2008, 05:49:34 PM »

I thought the judge hadn't decided yet?  I wonder if Foxnews has this wrong?

Updated: 36 minutes ago
Text size: increase text sizedecrease text size
Bianca Prieto | Sentinel Staff Writer
11:30 AM EST, November 5, 2008

Casey Anthony's attorney asked a judge this morning to hold off on the check-fraud case against Anthony until after the first-degree murder trial was complete. Anthony, 22, is charged with murder in the death of her missing daughter, who would have turned 3 in August.

This morning, Attorney Jose Baez also waived Anthony's right to a speedy trial in the check-fraud case. Baez wants to deal with the murder case before the check-fraud charges.

She's accused of stealing checks from a friend and buying several items, including groceries and clothes, from local stores. The allegations surfaced during the investigation into her missing daughter.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland agreed to continue the check-fraud hearing until next month when another hearing is scheduled for the murder charge.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-casey-anthony-murder110508,0,5099137.story

_____

Walter819
Scared Monkey

« Reply #439 on: November 05, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »

Well here is one for her death penalty attorney .... Darlie Routier. sentenced to death for killing her son , mostly circumstaicial evidence and behavior after the fact was what convicted her ...... IMO They know she did it , they would not be wanting to take DP off table . I think that in the coming days we are going to be seeing some closure in this case . I think a plea deal is in the works .....They have seen more damning eveidence than we have ...... and they have about 25 % chance on winning the case........ I hope she talks and talks fast , because if TES finds Caylee she might as wel lay ion the table and insert needle herself!!!!!!!!

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.