April 15, 2024, 10:05:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #54  (Read 311874 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: November 05, 2008, 06:18:35 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/17897755/detail.html

Biggest-Yet Caylee Search Planned
Pretrial Hearing Held In Anthony Case

POSTED: 9:37 am EST November 5, 2008
UPDATED: 5:53 pm EST November 5, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The search for Caylee Anthony is about to kick in to high gear this weekend.

Texas Equusearch is back in town, and they hope to conduct their largest search ever this weekend.

With water levels and temperatures down, the group hopes to attract 3,000 or more volunteers from 30 states to search three main areas beginning Saturday at 8 a.m.

The group has spent the day getting reorganized. They plan to establish a command post near Orlando International Airport in an area where cell phone records show Casey Anthony spent time. They're asking for volunteers to come out with horses, ATVs and boats. They plan to do a lot of water searching using sophisticated sonar equipment.

Equusearch leader, Tim Miller, said the group has been mapping for three weeks and has an incredible set of maps put together.

"What a better gift could this whole county have than some closure in this case. They've been involved with this almost the entire year," Miller said.

At the same time, they said they plan to do a companion search for Jennifer Kesse. The Orlando woman vanished from her condo near the Millenia Mall almost three years ago.

Also on Wednesday, the state attorney's office said technical difficulties are preventing them from releasing 200 pages of new documents in the case against Casey Anthony.

Meanwhile, a pretrial hearing was held for Casey Anthony on check-fraud charges on Wednesday.

Anthony was not required to attend the hearing.

A judge was asked to consider putting aside the check-fraud case until she's faced trial on murder charges involving the death of her daughter. The judge said it would be taken under advisement.

Another pretrial hearing is also scheduled for Dec. 11 in that case.

Prosecutors said they believe they have enough evidence to prove she killed Caylee Anthony even though a body has not been found.

I am still catching up or ... catching back.

When I consider the happenings of today ... I have a positive feeling that this upcoming TES  search is going to be the catalyst which affords Caylee Marie the respect she deserves ... the catalyst that affords Caylee Marie a dignified burial.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: November 05, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »

"Anthony's defense team also raises the possibility that Caylee may have been poisoned by chloroform, saying, "Death may have occurred while the child was sedated or from an unwitting overdose of a sedative."

Holy cow!  Admitting the truth?!?!!? 

Link please!!

Thanks 3bsmom.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
LizzySF
Scared Monkey

My lil' monkey

« Reply #462 on: November 05, 2008, 06:21:05 PM »

Up until now, there were opposing views between people...She DID or DID NOT kill her.  Now the opposing views will be among the group that believes she did kill her...just different..COLD BLOODED MURDERER deserves the DP or MENTALLY ILL needs to be institutionalized for a few years.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"  Mark Twain   
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: November 05, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

Maybe Baez is trying to force the prosecution to combine the charges.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: November 05, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »

Ok so we have Todd Black admitting the death of Caylee.
We have Cindy's infamous 911 call.
We have George looking out into the mass woods were TES has and will be searching.

We have this:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-death110508,0,6113475.story
Attorney seeks to spare Casey Anthony from death penalty

Lets add in the evidence to this.....um...COFFIN NAILED.

Two New Areas Being Checked In Search For Caylee Anthony
POSTED: 5:13 pm EDT October 2, 2008
UPDATED: 6:12 pm EDT October 2, 2008

Thursday, Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is.

"It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Jose Baez said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html

_____

3bboysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2008, 06:26:18 PM »

"Anthony's defense team also raises the possibility that Caylee may have been poisoned by chloroform, saying, "Death may have occurred while the child was sedated or from an unwitting overdose of a sedative."

Link please!!

Thanks 3bsmom.

Janet

Janet - here it is:  http://www.local6.com/news/17898874/detail.html
Klaas has it printed out on page 22 of this thread.
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: November 05, 2008, 06:28:27 PM »

Every convicted murderer who has had her/his received the ultimate consequence for his/her actions was once a baby, toddler, preteen, teen and adult.  What is the defence's motive in presenting pictures of Casey Anthony growing up.  This mades me all the more angry.  It is a reminder that ...

CAYLEE MARIE WAS DEPRIVED OF HER GOD-GIVEN LIFE BY CASEY ANTHONY.  IT WAS CASEY ANTHONY WHO MADE THE DECISION NOT TO ALLOW CAYLEE MARIE TO EXPERIENCE THE BLESSINGS THAT HER GOD-GIVEN LIFE HAD TO OFFER.

Why should Casey Anthony be afforded the gift of life when it was her who took the the life of another?

THE SCALES OF JUSTICE MUST BALANCE!!!

Janet

My thought was, so what, Casey has happy pictures as a child.... does that mean that anyone can go steal, lie, murder and cover it up and should get away with it because they used to be happy?

It does sound like they are admitting the overdose or chloroform  and her guilt.  They just have to find the right lie for what she did.

Things are moving fast this week... tells me they are afraid of TES.  They should be!!

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »

IMO - It will be harder for the DA to get the DP without any prior convictions.  Perhaps that is why Baez is stalling the fraud charges?
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2008, 06:30:21 PM »

OMG..seriously? post partem depression.....after 2 years....wow....

Casey was acting erratic and mental because she was a complete and total waste of space and was too selfish to take care of her own baby!

How can George and Cindy seriously feel sorry for her for having post partem depression!??? Lots of women go through it, and we dont kill our babies!

Andrea yates was treated for postpartum depression for 2 years prior to murdering her children at which time she was found to be in an acute psychotic episode.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/yates/index.html

Andrea Yates is in a mental institution in Rusk, after the court overturned her first conviction. I don't think she will ever get out.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
3bboysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »

IMO - It will be harder for the DA to get the DP without any prior convictions.  Perhaps that is why Baez is stalling the fraud charges?

Oh wow - good point.
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2008, 06:30:52 PM »

Ok I've never really involved myself in the discussion of molestation of Casey.  However, reading the defenses statement and seeing the pictures of Casey and family, I can't help but wonder if this issue will somehow be included as a factor for Casey's mental illness.  Most assuredly they will use the post partom depression effect too.  I really feel something is going down and Caylee will be located this weekend.   I also think that one of the witnesses has spilled the beans on Casey sedating Caylee.  Just my vibes. 

mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2008, 06:31:33 PM »

I hadn't thought about that.  Great point!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »

Ok so we have Todd Black admitting the death of Caylee.
We have Cindy's infamous 911 call.
We have George looking out into the mass woods were TES has and will be searching.

We have this:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-death110508,0,6113475.story

Lets add in the evidence to this.....um...COFFIN NAILED.

Two New Areas Being Checked In Search For Caylee Anthony
POSTED: 5:13 pm EDT October 2, 2008
UPDATED: 6:12 pm EDT October 2, 2008

Thursday, Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is.

"It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Jose Baez said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html

GET OUT YOUR DANCING SHOES MISS JANET!!

TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2008, 06:34:29 PM »

I have a feeling that Baez is working up to an insanity defense.

Her mental state (ha) might be brought in at sentencing, as a mitigating factor, but the legal definition of insanity is that the person did not know at the time of the crime, that it was illegal.     If you make any effort to conceal a crime (such as lying to the police) you blow your chances of  using that defense.   

I agree. But correct that definition to say, "the inability to know right from wrong." Illegal just doesn't cut it. There are many things that are not illegal but still wrong.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: November 05, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »

Link please!!

Thanks 3bsmom.

Janet

http://www.local6.com/news/17898874/detail.html

(snipped)

An experienced defense attorney was recently retained on Anthony's behalf, and he's hoping the photos and his 30-page argument will convince prosectors.

"In this case, no one knows how death might have happened, if at all," stated the document, which was also obtained by Local 6 News. "If death did occur, the death was almost certainly a tragic accident."

Anthony's defense team also raises the possibility that Caylee may have been poisoned by chloroform, saying, "Death may have occurred while the child was sedated or from an unwitting overdose of a sedative."

Anthony's attorneys are also trying to show prosecutors that their client is an unlikely candidate for the death penalty because of her age and lack of a criminal record. Attorneys said the evidence suggests Anthony was a good, loving mother but also a troubled woman, who may be suffering from depression or other mental conditions, Local 6 News reported.

The defense admits that Anthony "spent money she does not have, wrote bad checks, had multiple unstable relationships and participated in risky behavior."

The state attorney has until Nov. 24 to announce whether it will seek the death penalty.

(snipped)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #475 on: November 05, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »

Sarah Lundy

Sentinel Staff Writer

4:33 PM EST, November 5, 2008

A Miami lawyer hired by Casey Anthony's defense team gave prosecutors Wednesday a report that outlined why the single mother accused of killing her child should not get the death penalty.

The 30-page packet highlights problems with some of the evidence, defines how details in Anthony's case does not fit the state criteria needed for the death penalty -- a penalty reserved for the worst of the worst homicides.

It touches on Anthony's erratic behavior after her daughter's birth that suggests signs of emotional or mental distress. The report ended with pictures of Anthony during happier times as a child surrounded by her parents and her brother.

"Casey Anthony is a unique individual. A close inspection of her case clearly supports not filing a notice seeking death," attorney Terence Lenamon wrote in a report obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

The State Attorney's Office would not confirm whether it received the report, which is not public record. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, who was reported missing on July 15. The body of Caylee – who would have turned 3 in August – has not been found.

Anthony told investigators that she left Caylee with a baby sitter in mid-June. When she returned later that day, both the baby sitter and Caylee were gone. Detectives have not been able to locate the baby sitter and question whether she exists.

Prosecutors have not decided yet whether the state will pursue the death penalty. If they do seek death, the trial will be divided into two sections: the guilt/innocent phase and the sentence phase.

Lenamon's report addresses the sentence phase when the jury hears both why she should and should not get the death penalty.

Some of the reasons outlined against death include: Lenamon pointed out the analysis techniques used on hair and air samples from her trunk to prove decomposition are "novel, experimental, in the early stages of development, inconclusive and high susceptible to mishandling," he wrote. Even if the evidence is enough for a guilty verdict, it would not be enough to support the death penalty, Lenamon wrote.

Details of the Anthony case to do not rise to the level required for the death penalty, he wrote. She doesn't have a criminal record. There is no history of abuse. The crime was not cold, calculated and premeditated. In the months leading up to Caylee's disappearance, Anthony's behavior was described by friends and family as "erratic and not entirely rational."

He wrote that filicide – the act of a parent killing a child – is different than other homicides. The underlying reasons why mothers kill are complex and can be divided into various categories. For example, one type is a parent who kills under influence of mental illness. Another type suggests a parent's motive may be to save the child from real or imagined harm.

Juries are more likely to show mothers mercy. He mentioned Andrea Yates – a Texas mother who drowned all five children – was sentenced to life in prison. Susan Smith, the Arkansas mother who pushed her car with her two children inside in a lake, got life in prison.

Lenamon wrote that experts will likely agree that Anthony as "suffering from episodes of extreme emotional distress and disturbance since her daughter's birth." Even the lack of emotion after her child's disappearance and arrest "is not normal," he wrote.

Lenamon also refers to other Orange County cases involving the death of a child. For example, Anita Simmons, who beat her 8-year-old daughter to death, got 42 years in prison.

"A careful consideration of the totality of the circumstances in this case leads to a clear conclusion that a filing a notice of the death penalty is no the right thing to do," he wrote.

I'm sorry if this as already been pointed out, but this atty is so "uninformed" he doesn't realize that Susan Smith was from Union S.C.~good choice Baez!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #476 on: November 05, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

I anticipate that we will start to hear more leaks like this.  Baez and the Anthonys realize that the possibility of TES finding Caylee is good.  The Anthony team has done everything possible to thwart Tim Miller's efforts, but they haven't succeeded and in less than 72 hours the new search will begin.  They are no doubt going for accidental death and psychological problems as Casey's defense.  I also suspect that her brother, Lee, will be blamed for part of her psychological problems whether he is actually responsible or not.  This decision was no doubt the reason why Lee's girlfriend bailed out on him and why he hasn't been seen for a very long time.  The Anthony efforts to stop Tim and continue claims that Caylee is alive have been an exercise in futility in an attempt to create reasonable doubt for Casey and prevent lethal injection.  The Anthonys will continue to make attempts to block Tim from finding Caylee, and Baez will continue to do everything possible to get a lighter sentence for Casey.

I have no doubt that the Anthonys and Baez know that Caylee is deceased and that Casey is responsible.  I am still skeptical about anything that Casey has admitted, but time will tell.  Casey made it very clear in her poem that she had no intention of telling anyone or trusting anyone.  She is a narcissist and a pathological liar.  Baez is keeping her out of court and the public eye at this point because he knows that public sentiment is so negative.  At this point, Baez probably wants her to appear as psychologically disturbed as possible to help with her defense.  We will see a stoic, cold young woman, if we see her at all.

Give Tim and TES your prayers right now that they will find Caylee.  When Caylee is found, forensics will be helpful in sealing Casey's fate and the Anthonys will no longer be able to disparage Tim Miller.  Don't look for any reaction from Casey, though.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: November 05, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7799015&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Search for Caylee starts Saturday  

Last Edited: Wednesday, 05 Nov 2008, 5:00 PM EST 
Created: Wednesday, 05 Nov 2008, 4:53 PM EST 

Where's Caylee? 

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- The Texas based Equusearch is back in Orlando to resume their search for Caylee Anthony .

The man in charge of Texas Equusearch, Tim Miller and his team are back in Orlando gearing up for this weekend's search for Caylee and Jennifer Kesse .

With maps and some help from the Orange County Sheriffs office, Tim and his team have identified three key areas to concentrate on. “These three areas where all the phone activity happened. Anywhere from a five to eight mile radius around all three towers and use some common sense on where someone could go and to possibly sump something and get out without being seen.”

Miller had to call off the last search because much of the area they needed to comb through was under water. This time Miller says conditions are right. “Water is way down, its fall, vegetation is starting to die down, another plus for us and we're hoping the weather stays cool...better for searchers.”

So far they have 250 team leaders signed up. Equusearch is expecting thousands of volunteers which Miller says has had him thinking and feeling optimistic. “Maybe it's God's time.  The holidays are right ahead of us.   What better gift to give to this family and this community than bringing this to a close.”

The new command center for Equusearch is at Shadow Ridge and Lee Vista Boulevard. There is training on Friday night from 6pm to 9pm.

The Anthony family has a new command and volunteer center.  The Kid Finders Network Official Search & Volunteer Center is at 1602 S. Goldenrod Road in Orlando. It is open daily 9 a.m.-4p.m.

For further information please call1-877-ONE-LOST

Thanks Klaas.

I believe that Tim Miller is right on!!!

Hey Monkeys ... do not forget about the TES Prayer Thread.  The time slots of the November 8th Chart is filled but ... I would be honored if one or two Monkeys would consider joining me in my time slot.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Janet

TES PRAYER THREAD/CHART
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3946.0

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: November 05, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »

WOW - I was so busy copying and pasteing I missed that!  So they are going to try and say Casey was "troubled" and sedated Caylee and Caylee accidentally died. 
So hide her little body in the woods

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: November 05, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »

It is interesting that this statement is released just before the document dump!!! I really have to wonder what impact those documents and the search by TES this weekend have to do with this statement being released at this time!!
Yes, my thought exactly..AND...George staring into the woods, TES reporting a few minutes ago that the command center site has just changed..new location to be announced (George's woods?)who knows...Interesting too...on the Anthony's myspace...today was the first day that NO mood icon was on it.  It usually says, HOPEFUL or OPTIMISTIC...nada, nothin' today.  Maybe Casey finally admitted to it, and has told them where her body is and LE will go and retrieve her before TES has to come.  Her sentence will be lighter too if she confesses and leads them to her body and she avoids the 3000 person TES search...they WILL take that into consideration.
Update...I checked back to the Anthony's myspace...mood icon now back and says HOPEFUL.  It was missing all day...

TELLS ME THAT THE A"S MONITOR THIS SITE !!!!!    A LITTLE TOO COINCIDENTAL< COULDN"T HAVE BEEN MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES FROM WHEN YOU FIRST REPORTED IT>
HATE TO HAVE THEM HERE BUT MAYBE THEY"LL LEARN SOMETHING
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.