June 16, 2024, 06:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #479 6/25/2006  (Read 172056 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2006, 12:39:18 AM »

Quote from: "Hat"
At 17 years old I could drink a half gallon of Red Mountain with friends, stay up 48 hours, go see Hendrix, walk the Sunset Strip and swim at Malibu that night.

No question Joran has youth on his side.

Probably could do the same, party all night etc...

But kill and then swim a dead body out to sea in the middle of the night and then go to school the next day?

I can't see that happening.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2006, 12:39:31 AM »

The actress in the reenactment wore a very similar top, but it was not exact. Didn't Beth give a top to Julia?
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2006, 12:39:36 AM »

Quote from: "Hat"
At 17 years old I could drink a half gallon of Red Mountain with friends, stay up 48 hours, go see Hendrix, walk the Sunset Strip and swim at Malibu that night.

I think all my sons have pulled similar fetes in college.  In fact, I do recall one of them would stay out all night partying before a final, take a swim across the olympic pool at Tulane to wake himself up for that exam and actually "max" it, much to the chagrin of some of his peers, because grades were scaled, based on highest score.  I was told that by some of his friends.  French Quarter all night, swim in the pool, take exams.  He would never tell me that because he knows the lecture he would get, but friends often let little stories slip.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2006, 12:40:21 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Hotshot"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
The car was dark colored.  Who had a dark car that Joran could have borrowed?

Jamie has a dark blue civic

Is it dark blue or black (not that it matters)

Dark blue, dark green or black.  I guess it's all the same at night.  I really can't tell.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2006, 12:40:46 AM »

Klaas, exactly.  The light haired male was the witness' first story, and then he identified Joran.  Perhaps Koen's boat was launched from another spot and the body floated out to sea.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2006, 12:42:11 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Klaas, exactly.  The light haired male was the witness' first story, and then he identified Joran.  Perhaps Koen's boat was launched from another spot and the body floated out to sea.

I caught that light-haired male story tonight.  One of the things that made me go "hmmmm...."  We are talking about two people, and yet we are not.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006, 12:42:17 AM »

Remember that Jossy said the witness said he saw a light haired male.  These types of details are significant.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2006, 12:42:48 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Did it seem odd to you that the witness first said the male was light haired, and then, later, identified Joran as the male?

Yes. caught my attention.  I did not think that Joran was identified at all as being the one.  Just some one that was tall and light haired.  Then tonight Jossy said the witness recognized him as Joran.  That is why I asked all those dumb questions about who else resembles Joran and how close was this witness that he didn't do anything at the time but was close enough to see it was actually Joran and nobody else.  I guess I am not making any sense.  Rolling Eyes
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2006, 12:42:51 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
The actress in the reenactment wore a very similar top, but it was not exact. Didn't Beth give a top to Julia?

That's Julia's tale.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2006, 12:44:32 AM »

Maybe it is all these hair colors that gave Dave pause.  Or is Dave keeping it close to the vest and playing the spoiler for a reason? I think I heard Dave was a special ops guy.  Don't they come pretty close to being able to conceal their feelings.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2006, 12:45:12 AM »

I really feel this witness is telling only part of what he saw.  He wants to take back the part about the light haired male because he saw him, but now, for some reason, doesn't want to admit to this part of the story.

BRING NATALEE HOME
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2006, 12:45:28 AM »

Here's another look at Jaime's car.  I think it's black. Honestly, I think it would be more likely to be the VDS car though.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2006, 12:45:49 AM »

If the evidence produced through this witness is legit, then the details of what he saw at night are not as important as what that evidence shows and is able to confirm. 2 people seeing an accident will differ in the details, and both could be telling the truth as best as they remember. A piece of fabric and a condom would be indisputable.
Hat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2006, 12:46:20 AM »

If this "witness" led to the evidence mentioned it will be pretty easy to make conclusions about his story. If it was a half baked attempt to seek reward money it has kind of a weak ending. Maybe just some guy found a rubber and is taking a shot. A lot of unsophisticated people have little concept of DNA identification...there was some of that in the O.J. jury.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »

Quote from: "Hotshot"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
The car was dark colored.  Who had a dark car that Joran could have borrowed?

Jamie has a dark blue civic

Do you know what Freddie has ?
Easy as holding something back. Patience is not a virtue of mine.
If this witness is in it for the cash, doesn't he have to ' produce " to collect ? Maybe that's what it is a production ( scam ). And there is coaching that happened .
The gardener witness passed a lie detector test.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2006, 12:48:32 AM »

good night monkeys... keep the faith!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2006, 12:48:43 AM »

For some reason, the prosecution is not moving on this witness' story, and so Jossy and the family are releasing it to the media now to try to head off what might be the inevitable cover up and loss of evidence.  I wonder if the witness has changed certain details of his original story as he told it to Jossy.  Maybe two months in jail has affected his "memory" of the events of that night.

BRING NATALEE HOME
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2006, 12:48:49 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Van Der Sloot's dark colored car:

Aha!  Thanks Klaas. You are simply amazing with all these photos.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2006, 12:49:21 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
good night monkeys... keep the faith!!

Nite sistah!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2006, 12:51:13 AM »

Part of this witnesses story that bothers me, isn't any of the specific details, but the flavor in general doesn't ring exactly right, to me. He had a conversation with his wife....what, an argument? A steamy conversation? whatever it was, his response was to drive out past the lighthouse. OK, he and his wife had a history there? ok. It's 3:00 am, but ok. So, then he doesn't just park, he goes behind the bushes and parks. It's possible. It's weird, but it's possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.