June 16, 2024, 03:47:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #479 6/25/2006  (Read 172016 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #620 on: June 25, 2006, 09:27:28 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Dang... we have some serious fans in da house....

I usually tearup when watching 'Dirty Dancing'.

Definitely a favorite. I really identify with it.

Aweeeeeee Carnut...  HUGS...  !
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: June 25, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
OT

I'm sure you all are familiar with CNN's "star" news anchor Anderson Cooper. He seemed to burst onto the scene several years ago. I'm always looking for the new Walter Cronkite. When September 11 occurred, it was CNN's Aaron Brown who did a stellar job of covering the disaster. He broadcasted from a rooftop, he won Emmys for his coverage and then got a 7 p.m. hour slot following Larry King. Anderson Cooper had an hour slot called "360" prior to Larry King. I loved Aaron Brown and thought he was the new Cronkite, he was even a heart throb to me. But I was wrong - he recently got fired from CNN due to low ratings and something to do with his attitude regarding all the things that are reported but are not really newsworthy.

And Anderson Cooper got a two hour time slot.

The question: What was it about Anderson that made him climb up the ladder so quickly?  

The answer: He is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt.

Family connections.

I used to enjoy Anderson quite a bit on CNN, and I'm sure his connections got him the start, but he does have a very good on air personality.

But the politics of the network got in the way and I stopped watching him and Aaron as well as Chris Mathews and Keith Olberman.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: June 25, 2006, 09:28:17 PM »

Very interesting, LV. I sure didn't know that...I've missed you, BTW...Gotta go bathe my little Miss Independent...

Love you guys!!

Bring Natalee home...
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: June 25, 2006, 09:29:26 PM »

Nite Mishy... see you soon!

LV.. that is interesting...

and Carnut.. you are wayyyyyy too cute!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #624 on: June 25, 2006, 09:29:37 PM »

Would have liked to seen a sequel to DD made, but how would they get the right actress for the role of BABY?

Since Jennifer Grey got her nose job, I don't even recognize her anymore.

Shame.  I thought she was cute just as she was nose and all.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #625 on: June 25, 2006, 09:30:19 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Would have liked to seen a sequel to DD made, but how would they get the right actress for the role of BABY?

nose job ruined her career... and she was so cute... what boy didn't love her???

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: June 25, 2006, 09:30:49 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
OT

I'm sure you all are familiar with CNN's "star" news anchor Anderson Cooper. He seemed to burst onto the scene several years ago. I'm always looking for the new Walter Cronkite. When September 11 occurred, it was CNN's Aaron Brown who did a stellar job of covering the disaster. He broadcasted from a rooftop, he won Emmys for his coverage and then got a 7 p.m. hour slot following Larry King. Anderson Cooper had an hour slot called "360" prior to Larry King. I loved Aaron Brown and thought he was the new Cronkite, he was even a heart throb to me. But I was wrong - he recently got fired from CNN due to low ratings and something to do with his attitude regarding all the things that are reported but are not really newsworthy.

And Anderson Cooper got a two hour time slot.

The question: What was it about Anderson that made him climb up the ladder so quickly?  

The answer: He is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt.

Family connections.

If I see his interview with Angelina Jolie one more time I am going to throw up!  I think it has aired like 20 times.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: June 25, 2006, 09:30:53 PM »

Totally agree, Jennifer definitely didn't help herself with the nose job.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #628 on: June 25, 2006, 09:31:10 PM »

nose job ruined her career... and she was so cute... what boy didn't love her???

Now she looks like everyone else.

With a cookie cutter nose to order.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #629 on: June 25, 2006, 09:32:22 PM »

so true......Jacq... so true!

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: June 25, 2006, 09:33:26 PM »

I also yearn for some good 'dancing' movies,  like 'Flashdance' and DD.

But at least I can watch reruns of 'Urban Cowboy', never did like Sat Nite Fever.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #631 on: June 25, 2006, 09:33:52 PM »

Quote from: "Shell"
Just caught up and saw your post Louise.

I know the meds do cause post op things, but the event I was speaking of, they did not knock me out. It was very painful. I still lost a lot of hair and had depression and anxiety, which often follows a heart attack. Lost weigh too. I am still hanging in there tho, meds do help. The odd thing is, for months, I made sure I slept in clothes, so if I had another attack, I would be dressed in the event I had another attack and had to call 911. I got beyond that phase and sleep in jammies now.  Smile

Aweeeee Shell...  I hope you are feeling better~!
I took anti anxiety drugs years ago for approx 2 years... I never sleot right since I have my back surgery. STILL til day. Sad
I am making a dr appt  tomorrow for sometime this week to get my thyroid checked out.. my voice is HORRID.... Different foods I eat make it worse.. caffeine makes it worse.. peanuts.. dairy.. Sad
 I never had it checked in all the time I went to the ENT dr and they told me I had a vocal cord problem,, (whihc only surfaced in the last 2 years).. A customer that comes into my store told me 3 diff times. GET YOUR THYROID checked... she said she souded like me.. she made me stcik my neck out all weird in the store and said she can see swelling on the side of my neck..  (for the guys.. I said .. WTH.. am I a buck in rut? LMAO.. you hunters knwo what I mean..LMAO)
  Soooooooo..  I am gonna  do this.. and get checked... its a SHAME I hope its my thyroid.. so I can take meds and speak NORMAL again. Sad
 ANd if its not.. I have peice of mind. OH.. and I am thinkin about asking for anti anxiety pills again for a bit.. WORK.. my 16 yr old driving and the wedding.. and my voice.. is overwhelming right now for me.  
  Sorry for the rant..!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #632 on: June 25, 2006, 09:37:33 PM »

Hey Johnnie...

I'll give ya your summer's bonus.... Rolling Eyes

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: June 25, 2006, 09:38:29 PM »

Hey Johnnie...

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #634 on: June 25, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »

But at least I can watch reruns of 'Urban Cowboy', never did like Sat Nite Fever.

Flashdance was AWESOME too~!!  Shes a maniac~!!!!!!!  Smile
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: June 25, 2006, 09:39:26 PM »

Loved Urban.  Sat nite fever too.

Check out The Turning Point,  Shall we Dance, and that new one with Antonio Banderas which name escapes me now.  And of course, All that JAZZ.................Fosse was King.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #636 on: June 25, 2006, 09:39:55 PM »

Hey Johnnie...

ROFL~!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smile
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #637 on: June 25, 2006, 09:39:58 PM »

Hiya Monkey Friends!  I've been missing y'all!
Ang, I didn't realize hypothyroid could affect your voice.  That would be great to get it resolved.:
http://www.debakeydepartmentofsurgery.org/home/content.cfm?proc_name=thyroid+goiter&content_id=274
Goiter is the enlargement of the thyroid gland, which leads to difficulty breathing and/or swallowing. This type of enlargement is usually not associated with cancer or hormone overproduction. Often, goiter results when an insufficient amount of hormones are being produced. In response, the thyroid gland enlarges to meet the demand. This initial decreased hormone production may be caused by a deficiency in iodine or by eating certain foods.

What are the signs and symptoms of goiter?
The signs and symptoms of goiter may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Enlarged neck
Voice change• Coughing
• Difficulty breathing
• Difficulty swallowing

Which test(s) and/or procedure(s) may be requested by my surgeon to determine if I have goiter?
• Blood tests
• Urine tests
• Thyroid scan
• Ultrasound
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: June 25, 2006, 09:40:29 PM »

Ok y'all.. I have to run out and actually watch the movie I rented this weekend...

and I am bad, got everyone all off topic...  Embarassed

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: June 25, 2006, 09:40:48 PM »

Dunno, I actually lusted after the Blonde with the problem in that movie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.