June 16, 2024, 06:41:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #479 6/25/2006  (Read 172054 times)
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: June 25, 2006, 09:40:59 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Shell"
Just caught up and saw your post Louise.

I know the meds do cause post op things, but the event I was speaking of, they did not knock me out. It was very painful. I still lost a lot of hair and had depression and anxiety, which often follows a heart attack. Lost weigh too. I am still hanging in there tho, meds do help. The odd thing is, for months, I made sure I slept in clothes, so if I had another attack, I would be dressed in the event I had another attack and had to call 911. I got beyond that phase and sleep in jammies now.  Smile

Aweeeee Shell...  I hope you are feeling better~!
I took anti anxiety drugs years ago for approx 2 years... I never sleot right since I have my back surgery. STILL til day. Sad
I am making a dr appt  tomorrow for sometime this week to get my thyroid checked out.. my voice is HORRID.... Different foods I eat make it worse.. caffeine makes it worse.. peanuts.. dairy.. Sad
 I never had it checked in all the time I went to the ENT dr and they told me I had a vocal cord problem,, (whihc only surfaced in the last 2 years).. A customer that comes into my store told me 3 diff times. GET YOUR THYROID checked... she said she souded like me.. she made me stcik my neck out all weird in the store and said she can see swelling on the side of my neck..  (for the guys.. I said .. WTH.. am I a buck in rut? LMAO.. you hunters knwo what I mean..LMAO)
  Soooooooo..  I am gonna  do this.. and get checked... its a SHAME I hope its my thyroid.. so I can take meds and speak NORMAL again. Sad
 ANd if its not.. I have peice of mind. OH.. and I am thinkin about asking for anti anxiety pills again for a bit.. WORK.. my 16 yr old driving and the wedding.. and my voice.. is overwhelming right now for me.  
  Sorry for the rant..!

I totally understand.  My job is stressful, my baby is going to college, my oldest is getting married and i will be all by myself next school year.  But I refuse to take anything!  Be careful with that medication.  I saw my mom become addicted to it and it was not pretty.  I have gone the opposite direction because of it.  I hardly ever take any kind of medication!!!
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: June 25, 2006, 09:41:30 PM »

Mrs. Red,
You should try Netflix!  Soooo easy!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: June 25, 2006, 09:42:12 PM »

Quote from: "JerseyMom"
Mrs. Red,
You should try Netflix!  Soooo easy!

I keep hearing that... next time I see the ad on the FP, I am going to!!  thanks!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #643 on: June 25, 2006, 09:43:48 PM »

good night Monkeys...

Keep the faith!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #644 on: June 25, 2006, 09:43:53 PM »

Casa,
Except for the stressful job, sounds like you should be celebrating! Laughing   Just kidding, I would be soooo sad...well, maybe a little sad.... Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #645 on: June 25, 2006, 09:43:58 PM »

Hiya Monkey Friends!  I've been missing y'all!
Ang, I didn't realize hypothyroid could affect your voice.  That would be great to get it resolved.:
http://www.debakeydepartmentofsurgery.org/home/content.cfm?proc_name=thyroid+goiter&content_id=274
Goiter is the enlargement of the thyroid gland, which leads to difficulty breathing and/or swallowing. This type of enlargement is usually not associated with cancer or hormone overproduction. Often, goiter results when an insufficient amount of hormones are being produced. In response, the thyroid gland enlarges to meet the demand. This initial decreased hormone production may be caused by a deficiency in iodine or by eating certain foods.

What are the signs and symptoms of goiter?
The signs and symptoms of goiter may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Enlarged neck
Voice change• Coughing
• Difficulty breathing
• Difficulty swallowing

Which test(s) and/or procedure(s) may be requested by my surgeon to determine if I have goiter?
• Blood tests
• Urine tests
• Thyroid scan
• Ultrasound

TY for that post Jersey!!!!!!!    I dont cough....  I sound like I cant breathe when I talk.. but I can... I sound breathy.. like a 900 sex operator.. so I have been told..lol I am gonna get checked.. just for peice of mind.  Some monkeys have heard me speak..LOL   WHEN I didnt sound real bad.  Smile    TY again for the post.. I saved it.. !
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: June 25, 2006, 09:44:09 PM »

night mrs red
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: June 25, 2006, 09:44:11 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Would have liked to seen a sequel to DD made, but how would they get the right actress for the role of BABY?

Since Jennifer Grey got her nose job, I don't even recognize her anymore.

Shame.  I thought she was cute just as she was nose and all.

nose job ruined her career... and she was so cute... what boy didn't love her???

Dunno, I actually lusted after the Blonde with the problem in that movie.

Cynthia Rhodes..  She actually was one of the dancers in Flash Dance as well....

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #648 on: June 25, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »

Ok y'all.. I have to run out and actually watch the movie I rented this weekend...

and I am bad, got everyone all off topic...  Embarassed

LOL~!!  Have a great night!!  Smile
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: June 25, 2006, 09:45:49 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Hiya Monkey Friends!  I've been missing y'all!
Ang, I didn't realize hypothyroid could affect your voice.  That would be great to get it resolved.:
http://www.debakeydepartmentofsurgery.org/home/content.cfm?proc_name=thyroid+goiter&content_id=274
Goiter is the enlargement of the thyroid gland, which leads to difficulty breathing and/or swallowing. This type of enlargement is usually not associated with cancer or hormone overproduction. Often, goiter results when an insufficient amount of hormones are being produced. In response, the thyroid gland enlarges to meet the demand. This initial decreased hormone production may be caused by a deficiency in iodine or by eating certain foods.

What are the signs and symptoms of goiter?
The signs and symptoms of goiter may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Enlarged neck
Voice change• Coughing
• Difficulty breathing
• Difficulty swallowing

Which test(s) and/or procedure(s) may be requested by my surgeon to determine if I have goiter?
• Blood tests
• Urine tests
• Thyroid scan
• Ultrasound

TY for that post Jersey!!!!!!!    I dont cough....  I sound like I cant breathe when I talk.. but I can... I sound breathy.. like a 900 sex operator.. so I have been told..lol I am gonna get checked.. just for peice of mind.  Some monkeys have heard me speak..LOL   WHEN I didnt sound real bad.  Smile    TY again for the post.. I saved it.. !

Humm, seems a job change might be recommended, maybe more bucks in the 'operator' line.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #650 on: June 25, 2006, 09:46:22 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Oh Slyvia..........

yes lover boy....  Come here loverboy.........

I say baby.....whoa whoa baby.....

That's one of my fav parts...... Embarassed

That whole soundtrack is totally awesome!! Sho brings back some memories  Laughing

it's at that part now...

What channel???

Have ya'll seen the early Friends episode with Jennifer Grey?  (Post nose-job!)

We watched it the other night at work and 2 of us thought it was her and the rest insisted it wasn't.......anyway, she has said that having a nose job was a bad idea - now NO ONE recognizes her!

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #651 on: June 25, 2006, 09:47:19 PM »

Your welcome, Ang!
Nighters, Mrs. Red!
A netflix story:  I think we threw 2 movies out with the newspaper recycling. (They arrive in the mail in these thin little envelopes.)  So I email Netflix and tell them that.  They immediately send out the same movies and apologized for them getting 'lost' and never charged me!  Awesome company!
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: June 25, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »

Casa,
Except for the stressful job, sounds like you should be celebrating! Laughing   Just kidding, I would be soooo sad...well, maybe a little sad.... Laughing

I really have mixed feelings!  I am excited for my youngest because she is about to have the time of her life at college.  Also I am happy for my oldest and really am crazy about her fiance.  I'm just being selfish!!  I just need to start doing some things for myself which I have not done for about 15 years now since I became a single mother.
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #653 on: June 25, 2006, 09:48:05 PM »

Carnut,
You are too funny!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: June 25, 2006, 09:48:42 PM »

Nite Mrs!

Join hands , hearts and voices, voices hearts and hands! LOL

JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #655 on: June 25, 2006, 09:49:25 PM »

Jacq!
Got any rain? Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: June 25, 2006, 09:49:37 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Would have liked to seen a sequel to DD made, but how would they get the right actress for the role of BABY?

Since Jennifer Grey got her nose job, I don't even recognize her anymore.

Shame.  I thought she was cute just as she was nose and all.

nose job ruined her career... and she was so cute... what boy didn't love her???

Dunno, I actually lusted after the Blonde with the problem in that movie.

Cynthia Rhodes..  She actually was one of the dancers in Flash Dance as well....

and she is one of the dancers in Staying Alive...

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2006, 09:49:37 PM »

Hi Shell,

I understand your story exactly about sleeping in your clothes in case you had another attack, so you would be dressed for the event. I'm glad you got past that and can relax in your jammies once again.

I betcha anything that people wind up in the ER in the most bizarre clothes possible.

When we had the 1994 major earthquake in Northridge which shook all of So Cal, I slept by my front door for two weeks. Half of my living room, bedroom and bathroom are situated over a "car port." I actually took a measuring tape and went down to the carport to measure the distance of how much of my apartment was over the carport. Eventually I went back to my bedroom to sleep.

But I still have left over fears and know an earthquake could strike at any time, so I always get dressed every day, even when I feel like sitting around in my nightgown. So, I too, don't want to be caught wearing night clothes if the earthquake happens in the afternoon.

With Love to you, Dear Shell

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2006, 09:49:54 PM »

Carnut,
You are too funny!

Shusssh!! Don't tell anyone that my alter ego is Jay Leno.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

Jacq!
Got any rain? Laughing

Got all you need baby!  And you? Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.