June 16, 2024, 07:01:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #479 6/25/2006  (Read 172061 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2006, 09:59:55 PM »

Quote from: "JerseyMom"
OMG, all my favorite Monkeys are here and I have to go Crying or Very sad Hi Frijole and Louise!  The baby needs to go to bed and so does the puppy ( I read a bedtime story to both of them at the same time, the puppy loves it Laughing )  She is keeping me busy, she ate the bottom corner of a kitchen cabinet and chewed a hole in the rug today. Lots of fun!  Casa, or you could get a puppy Laughing
Jacq and Ang, With all the rain I have a pool in my backyard now Laughing

I know how you feel JM....  way toooooooo much rain for us huh? LOL
My garden is looking good.. I dont have to water it.. !!

Geezeeeeeeee.. 4th of JULY is starting early here..  Sounds like gunshots.. and I looked out and see bottle rockets going up.. Ugghhh
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2006, 10:00:03 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
[quote="casa  I totally understand.  My job is stressful, my baby is going to college, my oldest is getting married and i will be all by myself next school year.  But I refuse to take anything!  Be careful with that medication.  I saw my mom become addicted to it and it was not pretty.  I have gone the opposite direction because of it.  I hardly ever take any kind of medication!!!

Hi CASA~!!!   CONGRATS to your girl!!  I read your posts!!  Smile
I dont like taking meds.. trust me.. I am trying my best to not have to go that route again...  I wanna see what the dr says first about results of  tests I want done!!  I get embarassed at work ALOT,., sooooooo many people say.. Aweeeeee.. whats wrong with your voice.. Aweee.. I hope your cold gets better.. (I dont talk like nasal or nuttin either).. I get bummed out and say I WISH I had a cold. It would go away..lol
  I guess what I have.. I have been told is a disability.... I can handle that.. but I sure as heck wouldnt walk up to a stranger that was missing a limb.. etc. and say... whats wrong with you?  Sad
 I tell people...  dont take your voice for granted. Take nothing for granted.  Smile
  I have 2 deaf customers.. who come in and play the lottery.. and hold their fingers up.. my BIG BOSS is amazed I know what they want..
  I said.. I feel bad for myself at times.. when I could be alot worse off.
I dont talk about it much I guess.      TY for listening!![/quote]

Of course you have to do what the doctor says but be careful if you take the anti anxiety stuff.  My mother got addicted to that and pain medication.  Of course that was back in the 80s when doctors didn't hesitate to prescribe that stuff for everything.  She also worked at a hospital so she knew all the doctors.  I do know that some people have addictive personalities and she was one of them as she had a hard time quitting smoking as well.  Just want you to be well but be careful also!!!!!!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:08 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Angie - have you heard from Nonesuche today?  I haven't seen her online all all...I worry  Sad

I'm not Angie, but I heard from her today.

Hi Jacq - is everything ok with them?

Holding their own.

But yes, she is ok..

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:54 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
Casa,
Plan a trip or look at the adult community school courses and take something you always wanted to do this Fall (like ceramics or cooking or painting or Yoga) Very Happy   Then you will have something to look forward to.

Actually I am considering taking an online masters degree program.  It just depends on the money situation!  But those are some good suggestions and thanks for caring!

Good luck Casa.  (Maybe work will help pay for it.  Doesn't hurt to ask!)

Thanks!!! I am checking on options for payment!  I have 2 cats and I bet if I got a puppy I would really be busy!!! haha
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2006, 10:02:11 PM »

Goodnight Monkey friends!  Have fun, looks like a great group of people are on tonight!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2006, 10:02:32 PM »

Angie - have you heard from Nonesuche today?  I haven't seen her online at all...I worry  Sad

Klass.,, Last I talked to her was Friday night.   I am hoping her hubby had a few days of good rest.
    I pray hard for them.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2006, 10:02:59 PM »

Goodnight Monkey friends!  Have fun, looks like a great group of people are on tonight!

Good night Jersey...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:06 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Cynthia Rhodes..  She actually was one of the dancers in Flash Dance as well....

She is also married to singer/songwriter Richard Marx.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »

Thanks Jacq!

Smile

Good nite - Jerseymom!
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:42 PM »

night jerseymom!  have a good rest of the night!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:48 PM »

Of course you have to do what the doctor says but be careful if you take the anti anxiety stuff.  My mother got addicted to that and pain medication.  Of course that was back in the 80s when doctors didn't hesitate to prescribe that stuff for everything.  She also worked at a hospital so she knew all the doctors.  I do know that some people have addictive personalities and she was one of them as she had a hard time quitting smoking as well.  Just want you to be well but be careful also!!!!!!

Casa,

A lot of doctors did prescribe unnecessary drugs years ago, but I think it's different with the anti-anxiety drugs available now. The ones like Zoloft just keep your body from breaking down your natural serotonin. They don't give you any kind of "high," just make you feel better because your own serotonin stays in your body and serotonin keeps you calm.

I Stand With The Girl
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #691 on: June 25, 2006, 10:04:06 PM »

[quote="BTgirl  I know your voice bothers you a lot, and I can understant how you feel, but I swear you sound fine to me. If you didn't tell me you had a problem, I wouldn't know. Scout's honor.[/quote]

Aweeeeeeeeee MOM...  TY..  Honestly.  HUGS!!!!!!!!
(I ain't no Rita.. lol)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: June 25, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »

Angie - have you heard from Nonesuche today?  I haven't seen her online at all...I worry  Sad

Klass.,, Last I talked to her was Friday night.   I am hoping her hubby had a few days of good rest.
    I pray hard for them.

yes, we are all praying for them...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2006, 10:05:31 PM »

Carnut,

When the 1994 earthquake happened at 4:30 a.m. (still dark), most people were still in bed and that's why the death toll was not higher. If it happened at 6:30, people would be on the freeways already. And many freeways collapsed. Apparently, a lot of people sleep naked and there were naked people running out of their houses. I remember people taking off their shirts and giving them to the naked people.

In 1971, there was another big quake and in those day I did sleep naked. Let me tell you that I was so nervous during the 30 seconds of shaking, that I could not get my bra and panties on.

I don't sleep naked anymore.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2006, 10:06:11 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

I pray hard for them.

Thanks Angie - praying..yes.  I'm glad she's not online, hopefully thay had a nice weekend together.  I know she was going to try to go to see the movie Cars.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2006, 10:06:23 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Casa,

A lot of doctors did prescribe unnecessary drugs years ago, but I think it's different with the anti-anxiety drugs available now. The ones like Zoloft just keep your body from breaking down your natural serotonin. They don't give you any kind of "high," just make you feel better because your own serotonin stays in your body and serotonin keeps you calm.

Good, that makes me feel better!  My mom couldn't even really enjoy my last two girls because of her problems.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2006, 10:07:32 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

I pray hard for them.

I've been very bad and missed church a few Sundays in a row. I was there this morning and was so pleased to hear them read out Mr. & Mrs. None's names when they read the names of people needing prayer during the Prayers of the People section of the service. It made me feel good to know that they've been continuing to pray for them every week.

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »

Ok Jacq and Ang... and Car.. one last triva question about the movie... it's just starting over...LOL

what Seinfeld actor is in the movie??

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2006, 10:08:23 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Carnut,

When the 1994 earthquake happened at 4:30 a.m. (still dark), most people were still in bed and that's why the death toll was not higher. If it happened at 6:30, people would be on the freeways already. And many freeways collapsed. Apparently, a lot of people sleep naked and there were naked people running out of their houses. I remember people taking off their shirts and giving them to the naked people.

In 1971, there was another big quake and in those day I did sleep naked. Let me tell you that I was so nervous during the 30 seconds of shaking, that I could not get my bra and panties on.

I don't sleep naked anymore.

Laughing  Laughing In the 1971 earthquake I was living in Newport Beach with 4 other girls.  When it started shaking I thought one of my roommates was shaking my bed..ha ha

Alot of big aftershocks from that one too!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #699 on: June 25, 2006, 10:08:35 PM »

[quote="casa  Of course you have to do what the doctor says but be careful if you take the anti anxiety stuff.  My mother got addicted to that and pain medication.  Of course that was back in the 80s when doctors didn't hesitate to prescribe that stuff for everything.  She also worked at a hospital so she knew all the doctors.  I do know that some people have addictive personalities and she was one of them as she had a hard time quitting smoking as well.  Just want you to be well but be careful also!!!!!![/quote]

TY Sweety~!!  Smile
 I hope your mom is doing better now!!  I took myself off the pills way back when.. I disnt do it right of course.. I had nightmares bigtime.. one of the side effects. I took EFFEXOR...  (sp?)... My Dr wasnt real happy with me.  I made it through. Went through a tough time way back when.
   I smoke.. Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.