June 16, 2024, 04:33:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #479 6/25/2006  (Read 172025 times)
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: June 25, 2006, 10:08:51 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Carnut,

When the 1994 earthquake happened at 4:30 a.m. (still dark), most people were still in bed and that's why the death toll was not higher. If it happened at 6:30, people would be on the freeways already. And many freeways collapsed. Apparently, a lot of people sleep naked and there were naked people running out of their houses. I remember people taking off their shirts and giving them to the naked people.

In 1971, there was another big quake and in those day I did sleep naked. Let me tell you that I was so nervous during the 30 seconds of shaking, that I could not get my bra and panties on.

I don't sleep naked anymore.

Sleeping naked can be dangerous!  I have a funny story about my ex husband sleeping naked.  Too long to tell but he learned the hard way to sleep with something on!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2006, 10:09:25 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Ok Jacq and Ang... and Car.. one last triva question about the movie... it's just starting over...LOL

what Seinfeld actor is in the movie??

ooohhhhhhhh you got me on that one, Mrs!

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2006, 10:09:55 PM »

Carnut,

When the 1994 earthquake happened at 4:30 a.m. (still dark), most people were still in bed and that's why the death toll was not higher. If it happened at 6:30, people would be on the freeways already. And many freeways collapsed. Apparently, a lot of people sleep naked and there were naked people running out of their houses. I remember people taking off their shirts and giving them to the naked people.

In 1971, there was another big quake and in those day I did sleep naked. Let me tell you that I was so nervous during the 30 seconds of shaking, that I could not get my bra and panties on.

I don't sleep naked anymore.

Awe Shucks....
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: June 25, 2006, 10:10:01 PM »

that's awesome.. BT... I told our preacher today about our 24 hours prayer chains.. and he was all excited to hear that ppl that have become friends over a forum can gather to do that...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:32 PM »

BTW Dana is feeling under the weather this weekend, but I believe he has two repeat interviews with TES running tonight.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #705 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:37 PM »

jacq... I will tell you if ANg doesn't know....

just saw it Shocked

and has anyone seen Bluebob?  I remember her sig line was from the movie...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #706 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:47 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
[quote="casa  Of course you have to do what the doctor says but be careful if you take the anti anxiety stuff.  My mother got addicted to that and pain medication.  Of course that was back in the 80s when doctors didn't hesitate to prescribe that stuff for everything.  She also worked at a hospital so she knew all the doctors.  I do know that some people have addictive personalities and she was one of them as she had a hard time quitting smoking as well.  Just want you to be well but be careful also!!!!!!

TY Sweety~!!  Smile
 I hope your mom is doing better now!!  I took myself off the pills way back when.. I disnt do it right of course.. I had nightmares bigtime.. one of the side effects. I took EFFEXOR...  (sp?)... My Dr wasnt real happy with me.  I made it through. Went through a tough time way back when.
   I smoke.. Sad[/quote]

My mother died in 1994 from congestive heart failure.  Years of medication and smoking took a toll.  She also had a stroke but not sure if that was connected to the smoking and medication.  She suffered from depression her last years and took medication for that.  It was just a mess!  So yes she is doing fine now because she is with the Lord and watching over us! Very Happy I do still miss her though!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #707 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:57 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Angie - have you heard from Nonesuche today?  I haven't seen her online at all...I worry  Sad

Klass.,, Last I talked to her was Friday night.   I am hoping her hubby had a few days of good rest.
    I pray hard for them.

yes, we are all praying for them...

Thanks Angie - praying..yes.  I'm glad she's not online, hopefully thay had a nice weekend together.  I know she was going to try to go to see the movie Cars.

I hope so too Klass.. I know they were suppose to go out recently to the moviesd and dinner.. but he didnt feel well enough. Hope the poor man got a bit of a break and felt good over the weekend. He has I think  4 or 5 treamtents left to go.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12:01 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
So, I too, don't want to be caught wearing night clothes if the earthquake happens in the afternoon.

And you'll be excused if it happens at night?

Hi all.  Hi Mama Louise!

I worked in a busy ER for years.  We didn't pay much attention to what the patients were wearing.  When a trauma came in, if they weren't already, we cut their clothes off.  In a natural disaster, everyone will be too busy to notice or care.  Relax, be comfortable.  Some people worry about their home being clean in case they die suddenly.  I say I won't care what others say or think - I'll be dead.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #709 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12:45 PM »

Sorry to be off topic but RED....what's your fav part of Dirty Dancin??? Laughing

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »

Good evening monkeys.  

For those that had not previously heard the TES interviews on Dana, you can catch them on now.  Joe Houston is on now - an interview before Katrina last year... Interesting to hear about some of their training, etc.

http://bruinfan.sasktelwebsite.net/

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #711 on: June 25, 2006, 10:13:06 PM »

Ok Jacq and Ang... and Car.. one last triva question about the movie... it's just starting over...LOL

WOW.. you got me there?  Julia Louise ??  LOl I am guessing.. ha ha
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: June 25, 2006, 10:13:33 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Mrs. Red - is the score still 1-0 Portugal?

FINAL SCORE  PORTUGAL 1   HOLLAND 0

They did no better than the U.S. in the World Cup and we have NEVER claimed it was our sport!!  A total of twelve or thirteen bookings issued, ten yellow and two red I believe.  Nasty game thanks to YOU KNOW WHO!

I'm so glad Holland got beat!

Good night Monkeys ~ I'm headed off to work now!

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: June 25, 2006, 10:13:37 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "Carnut"
So, I too, don't want to be caught wearing night clothes if the earthquake happens in the afternoon.

And you'll be excused if it happens at night?

Hi all.  Hi Mama Louise!

I worked in a busy ER for years.  We didn't pay much attention to what the patients were wearing.  When a trauma came in, if they weren't already, we cut their clothes off.  In a natural disaster, everyone will be too busy to notice or care.  Relax, be comfortable.  Some people worry about their home being clean in case they die suddenly.  I say I won't care what others say or think - I'll be dead.

and if you love me, why do you care if my house is perfect or not??LOL  I feel the same way... life is too short to be spotless 24/7...

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: June 25, 2006, 10:14:29 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Sorry to be off topic but RED....what's your fav part of Dirty Dancin??? Laughing

Shocked

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #715 on: June 25, 2006, 10:14:29 PM »

Hi Monkeys.

What happened to the site, another server crash?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #716 on: June 25, 2006, 10:14:48 PM »

NO... Newman!!!  He is in the very beginning when the magician puts Baby in the box... he gives her the duck.  I was all oohhhh I will get them with this one!

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #717 on: June 25, 2006, 10:14:58 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
[quote="casa  Of course you have to do what the doctor says but be careful if you take the anti anxiety stuff.  My mother got addicted to that and pain medication.  Of course that was back in the 80s when doctors didn't hesitate to prescribe that stuff for everything.  She also worked at a hospital so she knew all the doctors.  I do know that some people have addictive personalities and she was one of them as she had a hard time quitting smoking as well.  Just want you to be well but be careful also!!!!!!

TY Sweety~!!  Smile
 I hope your mom is doing better now!!  I took myself off the pills way back when.. I disnt do it right of course.. I had nightmares bigtime.. one of the side effects. I took EFFEXOR...  (sp?)... My Dr wasnt real happy with me.  I made it through. Went through a tough time way back when.
   I smoke.. Sad

My mother died in 1994 from congestive heart failure.  Years of medication and smoking took a toll.  She also had a stroke but not sure if that was connected to the smoking and medication.  She suffered from depression her last years and took medication for that.  It was just a mess!  So yes she is doing fine now because she is with the Lord and watching over us! Very Happy I do still miss her though![/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. OMG.. I am so sorry. I feel like an idiot  Sad
Please forgive me..    HUGS...  (slitheirng down in my chair..)  Sad
 So So sorry to hear Casa.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #718 on: June 25, 2006, 10:15:02 PM »

I just looked at the cast list on imdb and didn't recognise anyone.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: June 25, 2006, 10:15:32 PM »

Sky turns to black and thunder rolls across the horizon, while children cry.  Yesterday becomes tomorrow and the cycle continues.

A knock on the door becomes a pounding sound and a startled soul stumbles to his feet.

“What?  What?  I’m coming!”

Latches on the paneled door began to flip and twist as….
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.