April 27, 2024, 07:20:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #486 7/3 - 7/4/2006  (Read 165900 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: July 04, 2006, 10:34:59 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

San, I don't want to discourage you further, but to give you hope.  When I lost my vision, I went into the hospital and got a boat load of prednisone.  I had so much prednisone, I was in ICU with the crash cart.  I got 1000 mg three times per day or every 8 hours.  At the end of fiive days, I had no more sight than I did when I went in and the doctor told me that nerves heal so slowly even with ocular movements I would do with therapists and the prednisone and it was six months before I had enough vision in that eye to call it vision, but it was worth all that I went through, even the 60 pounds I gained on months of prednisone and later beta interferon.

Thanks Tyler.  I guess the reason I am in a hurry is because of my new job.  Even though I know these people from my previous job I feel like I am letting them down.  Otherwise I really don't mind staying home and chatting with everyone on the board. Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: July 04, 2006, 10:35:07 PM »

Lalas,
I think you have to remove those spaces after and before the [img] to get it to work.

San,
Like Tyler, I don't want to make you feel worse but I think  it will take about six months as possibly your scar tissue from the surgery will have to soften then the nerves reroute but that is how long it has taken scaring from major surgery to normalize for me.

I really think you are half way there, so the glass is half full!  

Know that is not what you want it to be but I do think you will get to that point just going to take a long time and if you are like me, patience is not my virtue.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: July 04, 2006, 10:35:11 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
Happy 4th everyone!!

Hey AzSunny..... Happy 4th!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: July 04, 2006, 10:36:34 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Tylergal"

San, I don't want to discourage you further, but to give you hope.  When I lost my vision, I went into the hospital and got a boat load of prednisone.  I had so much prednisone, I was in ICU with the crash cart.  I got 1000 mg three times per day or every 8 hours.  At the end of fiive days, I had no more sight than I did when I went in and the doctor told me that nerves heal so slowly even with ocular movements I would do with therapists and the prednisone and it was six months before I had enough vision in that eye to call it vision, but it was worth all that I went through, even the 60 pounds I gained on months of prednisone and later beta interferon.

Thanks Tyler.  I guess the reason I am in a hurry is because of my new job.  Even though I know these people from my previous job I feel like I am letting them down.  Otherwise I really don't mind staying home and chatting with everyone on the board. Laughing

There are plenty of jobs in the world and I am sure you would do any number of them fine if you had your hand working, so get that priority in place and the rest will come.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #744 on: July 04, 2006, 10:38:11 PM »

OH GOSH!!!! I DID IT!!  YES!!!  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Tyler, Wreck, Terry, Klaas, and  Anna.  

I will go to my corner now and you guys can stop laughing anytime.  Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #745 on: July 04, 2006, 10:39:21 PM »

Nite Terry.....

and San, your job knows exactly how wonderful you are... so they will gladly wait for you to be better... and you will get there...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: July 04, 2006, 10:39:37 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
OH GOSH!!!! I DID IT!!  YES!!!  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Tyler, Wreck, Terry, Klaas, and  Anna.  

I will go to my corner now and you guys can stop laughing anytime.  Laughing

We are not laughing.  There have been times when I have done this thing many times and could not get one to work.  I blame it on the computer people.  I would never blame myself for what I do.  Heavens no.  That self-esteem, you know.  Laughing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: July 04, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »

Lala's... good to see you...  Laughing  Laughing

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #748 on: July 04, 2006, 10:40:57 PM »

Well I have no self-esteem where computers are concerned.  You should hear what my own child says about my skills.  It's embarrassing to say the least.  Rolling Eyes
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: July 04, 2006, 10:44:08 PM »

Red and I are watching the Pops and the fireworks from the Boston Common... which if y'all aren't watching you should at least check out for a few minutes... but Red is about to blow a gasket because they aren't playing anything patriotic during the fireworks....

and you know a huge THANK YOU to our military which does an awesome job... look at all the HUGE celebrations going on and no incidents of terrorism....

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: July 04, 2006, 10:45:29 PM »

Lala's I was just kidding... notice I don't have my avatar in my sig line... it's because I can't... Laughing

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: July 04, 2006, 10:46:24 PM »

I was going to try to help Lalas too but it looks like everyone else has already done it. LOL

So I guess I will lurk for awhile.

Tyler I was so sorry to hear of all your problems. Glad you are somewhat better.

San I know it is hard to not be able to do things you have always been able to do but it will get better.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #752 on: July 04, 2006, 10:47:13 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Well I have no self-esteem where computers are concerned.  You should hear what my own child says about my skills.  It's embarrassing to say the least.  Rolling Eyes

Well, my kids are the same way but I told them they aan't make a good hoecake and I can, so there!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: July 04, 2006, 10:47:37 PM »

I kind of like the avatars at the bottom of the posts like this.  Sort of a picture signature.

Does anybody else go to that www.tinyphoto place and start looking at all the new random pictures just posted and just get lost????  What is the matter with me!  I have no time to waste like that but every time I go there, next thing I know half an hour has passed.  It just fascinates me for some reason.   Embarassed

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: July 04, 2006, 10:48:20 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

San,
Like Tyler, I don't want to make you feel worse but I think  it will take about six months as possibly your scar tissue from the surgery will have to soften then the nerves reroute but that is how long it has taken scaring from major surgery to normalize for me.

I really think you are half way there, so the glass is half full!  

Know that is not what you want it to be but I do think you will get to that point just going to take a long time and if you are like me, patience is not my virtue.

Thanks Anna.  You are right that I need to just give it time to heal.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: July 04, 2006, 10:48:23 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
I was going to try to help Lalas too but it looks like everyone else has already done it. LOL

Tyler I was so sorry to hear of all your problems. Glad you are somewhat better.

San I know it is hard to not be able to do things you have always been able to do but it will get better.

Sam

Sam, you are so nice, but you will find I am doing much better and I am working on the novelette, just got to figure out where to go with it.  I added some more pages today.  I need some help with it. Wink

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: July 04, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Nite Terry.....

and San, your job knows exactly how wonderful you are... so they will gladly wait for you to be better... and you will get there...

Thanks mrs. red.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: July 04, 2006, 10:51:21 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"

Sam

Thanks Sam.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #758 on: July 04, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Lala's... good to see you...  Laughing  Laughing

Hi Mrs. Red.  Just sitting here enjoying the sounds of the Boston Pops.  One of my dreams to hear them in person one day before I die. Really.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #759 on: July 04, 2006, 10:57:59 PM »

Well, thanks Sam for thinking about me.  I was beginning to think I couldn't do anything right, but then again, I knew someone would steer me in the right direction.  

Hope everyone has had a great 4th of July.  I hear fireworks outside as I type and my dogs are going crazy.  Hopefully, it will be over soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.